Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
10 October 2022
10.58pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24959
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
14541sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think life is starting to go in the wrong direction and needs a quick jolt for realignment before the wheels come off.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

12 October 2022
10.59am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2140
14542sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just watched a gathering of people at Strawberry Fields Memorial in NYC singing John’s songs for his 82nd Birthday on YouTube. Playing his music is the biggest tribute to give him I think. It’s what will always shine on for eternity, and that thought really was confirmed with their performance, which was very good indeed. Watch the clips if you can find them. 

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Richard, SgtPeppersBulldog, Rube

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

20 October 2022
4.20am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
14543sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey hi hello everyone I’m still alive (as you know if you’re subscribed to my YouTube channel) (and if you’re not, why aren’t you? ahdn_john_08_gifa-hard-days-night-george-10)

I work part-time-but-kind-of-a-lot-of-time (five days a week, four- to six-hour shifts at a time usually) at the custom framing department at Michael’s Arts and Crafts, which I really enjoy, and I’m only a few months away from being a college graduate, which will be a huge relief because I’m so done with school lol. At the end of this semester, I’ll be getting an Associate’s in Arts, which is dumb but I’ll have a lil piece of paper that says I’m smort or something, and then I can move on to doing important things like…. I don’t really know but I do enjoy my current position so I may increase my hours there, we’ll see. I’ll also have free time to pursue my hobbies more aggressively, which is quite important to me. ahdn_john_08_gifahdn_george_06billy-preston_01_gif

I listen to a lot of Tom Petty and Fleetwood Mac nowadays too, in addition to the ever-present circulation of Muse/Bowie/Floyd/Zepp. George Harrison ‘s music is always in rotation as well – to be quite honest, I think I listen to his solo stuff a little more often, nowadays, than I listen to the Beatles. Every Now And Then of course I go back to the good old Fab Four, of course, and one of my coworkers is also a fan of Beatles and Zeppelin, so our conversations keep them fresh in my mind.

Anyway yeah suffice it to say I’m really busy and my brain has no room to spare like David Bowie’s warehouse, so that’s why I haven’t been around much here. Just thought I’d drop a little life update as well as some photos of George chilling in Hawaii (I sure would like to do that… a-hard-days-night-paul-7) and also my condolences to @Ahhh Girl, I know you and Ohhh Boy were close to your MIL. a-hard-days-night-paul-10heart

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Richard, Ahhh Girl, meanmistermustard, Rube, vonbontee

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

6 November 2022
9.53am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
14544sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have very much been sporadically posting here because nothing really interesting has happened in my world or the Beatley one that I care to post on. I have been working full time since August 2021 in an IT-related field (thankfully not working for Twitter…) and I started a new graduate diploma in September so I have further qualifications for the job I’m in. I’m enjoying it but I don’t know if I can do it for the rest of my life, work wants me to do a part-time master’s next year so if I do it’d be another 3 years (this year included) in college on top of the 5 I’ve already done (and I’m not even getting a PhD out of it – smh).

Apart from that literally nothing has changed from college, very much stuck in a boring rut in my personal life but I definitely don’t put myself out enough to actually have any kind of social life that involves actual people – whoopsie, but the Irish social scene is very much pub related and the older I get the more alcohol averse I become which I think is quite impressive. All of our work socials involve going to the pub and while I like the people I work with, I don’t like them enough to have to go to some shit pub and watch them all eat non-vegetarian finger food, so I politely decline those invites, but I don’t know how long I’ll be able to do that before I have to explain myself, I’ve already been told in my review that I’m shy (I definitely am not) and should speak up more, but when I’m the joint most junior person and the only woman on an 11-man team, I often cannot get a word in edgeways even if I tried. 

I’ve been slowly going back to travelling, I went to Rome for the first time with my parents in October which was really nice and we’re going to Krakow in December, where I’ve already been, but my mam would like to see everything around there, and the older I get, and the older they get, I want to spend more time with them.  I’m holding out on Paul to release European 2023 dates before I decide where I want to go next, come on McCartney!

Apart from that @Starr Shine?, @Little Piggy Dragonguy and I went to Liverpool in June. Saw a ton of Beatley places, was very good.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

meanmistermustard, Timothy, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, Rube

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

14 November 2022
10.39am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
14545sp_Permalink sp_Print

Resting for three days as finally have a break from work but got a cold, which I think is from working far too much.

Not really having much interest in TV, outside of some live sport and the odd programme, I found on my travels a YouTube channel of game walkthrough’s which is really cool to watch – theradBrad. Currently watching the ‘Game Of War: Ragnarok‘ series and, whilst not being the a gamer, it looks fantastic.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Richard, Beatlebug, Rube

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

18 November 2022
5.45pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
14546sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Mom found out Wednesday afternoon that she has to get her pacemaker battery replaced Tuesday. I took off work yesterday and made a beeline to her house. We leave on November 26th for Disney World. I will drive home Thanksgiving Day so I can rest and pack Friday and get up Saturday for a 6 am flight. Craziness. Someone out there doesn’t want me to ever get bored or rested.

10 years ago, Ahhh Mom had her gall bladder removed on a Tuesday and got on a plane Saturday for a 3 week trip to Europe.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug, Rube
19 November 2022
3.02am
Beatlebug

Moderators
14547sp_Permalink sp_Print

Whew>! a-hard-days-night-paul-7a-hard-days-night-paul-10ahdn_paul_01a-hard-days-night-paul-3That makes me tired just reading it. Hang in there!

Around the Bug household, we plan to make a more leisurely way to visit family for Thanksgiving. I am very, very much looking forward to it – my favorite holiday, just a quiet, low-stakes holiday centered around family and food (I’m dreaming of stuffing and pies of every description a-hard-days-night-paul-7). And much of our family lives out in the countryside of the Georgia piedmont, so it’s always very restful to drive out there and get away from the bustle of normal life and the more urban areas. apple01

I’m also hoping it’s a little less distressing than Thanksgiving last year, since that day was marred by the family matriarch, my great-grandmother, being ill and having to go to hospital and then passing away a couple days later a-hard-days-night-paul-7a-hard-days-night-paul-7a-hard-days-night-paul-7a-hard-days-night-paul-10ahdn_paul_01 it’s gonna be different without her, for sure. heart

Sea Belt

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

22 November 2022
8.21pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
14548sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have six days away from work and don’t have a cold. Plan to meet up with nobody until Sunday, be in contact with very few people, enjoy the quiet, get fresh air, watch the football and see the days thru with as little hassle and worry as possible.

Beatlebug, Richard, Rube

25 November 2022
1.22pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
14549sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
I have six days away from work and don’t have a cold. Plan to meet up with nobody until Sunday, be in contact with very few people, enjoy the quiet, get fresh air, watch the football and see the days thru with as little hassle and worry as possible.

Well that lasted long. My throat is damn painful and have resorted to doing little whilst swirling some pain-numbing mouthwash, shoving numerous pills down my throat and coughing up entire portions of my lungs. 

Thank goodness the World Cup is on and the ‘Get Back ‘ documentary exists.

Garfield sick | Garfield cat, Garfield and odie, Garfield picturesImage Enlarger

sir walter raleigh

1 December 2022
11.13am
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5691
14550sp_Permalink sp_Print

I haven’t been well recently – it’s been a challenging year for several personal reasons, and that’s the main reason why I haven’t been around much on here. Hopefully a corner has been turned, with fingers crossed that 2023 is better.

I’ve also just finished some deathly boring work making sure all the on-this-day social media posts on Twitter, Facebook and Reddit are scheduled and working properly.  I’ve also got Google Docs for each so that if something fails I’ve got a backup. It’s taken weeks to get it all done so I’m glad to see the back of it!

I sincerely hope everyone here is happy and healthy. Look after yourselves.

The following people thank Joe for this post:

meaigs, Von Bontee, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, Richard, Timothy, Rube

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

1 December 2022
6.40pm
BeatlesDrummer
The Internet
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 6
14551sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am at school currently. It’s very boring. once I get home I will play some drums and play video games, and maybe do homework since I never seem to do it.

16 year old drummer who listens to the Beatles. I started listening to them in early 2022. I am also a Chuck E. Cheese fan too! (sorry the pic is sideways lol, it's my drumset)IMG-0412.jpg

3 December 2022
2.14am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
14552sp_Permalink sp_Print

Been married almost two months. Our intro song/bridal music was “Something .” Tomorrow for our birthdays we’re going to see a Beatles tribute band. My birthday is December 7 and his December 13th, but different years.

The following people thank Sky999 for this post:

Richard, meanmistermustard, Beatlebug, Von Bontee, Rube
4 December 2022
10.20am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
14553sp_Permalink sp_Print

Had a Christmas lunch today, and won’t need to eat again all week. a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

Beatlebug, Rube

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

4 December 2022
9.08pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5456
14554sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congratulations, Sky999! john-lennon-salute_gifapple01heart

I’m currently trying (with my sister) to get our parents’ house sold, with the ideal eventual result being that I move up to her town and, with my share of the estate, become a homeowner myself for the first time. 

The following people thank Von Bontee for this post:

Rube

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

6 December 2022
11.28am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
14555sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just competed a tough jigsaw, 2000 pieces of space, with a lot consisting of stars and black sky. Took me weeks. But it’s done! #AcrossTheUniverse

Beatlebug, vonbontee, Rube

10 December 2022
9.19pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
14556sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I completed my final exams today, so I am now liberated from the burden of college coursework beatlemaniacs_02_gifbeatlemaniacs_02_gifbeatlemaniacs_02_gif

got two B’s and an A without hardly studying for them, so I count it as an overall win. Now I just have to focus on the Christmas rush at work a-hard-days-night-paul-7a-hard-days-night-paul-7a-hard-days-night-paul-3

Richard, Timothy, meanmistermustard, Rube

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

10 December 2022
10.18pm
Richard
North of England
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5282
14557sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congratulations, @Beatlebug!john-lennon-salute_gif

The following people thank Richard for this post:

Beatlebug

And in the end

The love you take is equal to the love you make

uk-flag-v-small-3.png

12 December 2022
7.06pm
Rube
United Kingdom
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1395
14558sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well done @Beatlebug! 

The following people thank Rube for this post:

Beatlebug

Winner of Most Hardcore Beatles Bible Fan 2021

mosthardcore.png

23 December 2022
7.18am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
14559sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Work. That’s it. My next day off is Wednesday 28th (I have three then) meaning I’ll have had one day off from Saturday 17th inbetween then. That’s why I’m hardly on here. 

The care system is screwed in the UK, but keep banging that saucepan, that makes it all worthwhile.

23 December 2022
7.47am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
14560sp_Permalink sp_Print

Four days off now. Time to relax. paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2856
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5515
Newest Members:
nickygrangery, pmolsen, thebeatlesshow, Boy Im Gonna Carry That Weight, Something
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24959, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691