Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
5 August 2022
6.25pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
14501sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

In Liverpool where today was spent walking from Paul’s childhood home up to John’s house then to Penny Lane (just realised I missed Strawberry Field, oh well, I’m not going back up). Have also seen the Albert Docks, Cavern, Beatles Story etc but haven’t paid to go into anywhere; I’m not fussed enough to pay to see a room Paul last sat in 60’s years ago on a similar chair. I got the excitement walking thru the golf course Paul and George would cut thru to get to John’s house, it’s enough to know they were on the streets running around. Not impressed by Matthew Street after the novelty wears off, the Beatles Shop is so much worse compared to the one in London.
The ‘A Hard Day’s Night’ hotel is fabulous if you can stand listening to the Beatles constantly; ‘1’ is played on a loop in the lobby/bar but after the few minutes of “again!” wears off the joy in hearing ‘Beatles’ kicks in and you get to experience how the music developed from ‘Love Me Do ’ to ‘The Long And Winding Road ’ The breakfast/lunch restaurant plays a wider selection of Beatles songs, tho amusingly ‘Within You, Within You’ was turned off after about a minute for a different more easy going Beatles track.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Richard, Timothy, sigh butterfly, vonbontee, Rube, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

12 August 2022
3.27am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2126
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
14502sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, I did it. The 3000 piece Beatles jigsaw is complete. I feel Free As A Bird knowing it is done. There was real anxiety as numerous times I was convinced pieces were missing. It’s a real mind game, almost as if pieces appear in the tray overnight even though you’ve scoured them repeatedly. Next step is getting this framed and displayed in my room. 

Image Enlarger

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

Richard, meaigs, Ahhh Girl, Rube, meanmistermustard, Von Bontee, WeepingAtlasCedars

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

22 August 2022
5.13pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
14503sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Getting married in about a month and half; furthermore, still have things to do. My fiancee got laid off from his previous job a few months ago, but he has a new job. We’ve just been playing catch up for a little while, so I had forgotten about the wedding. I’m back on track though. We had to move the honeymoon to December because one being new he can’t miss much time and two the company has two weeks off for the Christmas holidays. He is working at the shipyard building navy ships where my dad, grandmother (dad’s mom), grandfather (mom’s dad), and mom (her only for a short period) all worked. Keeping it in the family and working class. Speaking of which, one of the days he wore my Let It Be shirt. I wasn’t thrilled, but he told me they were working class and he’s making it (the shirt) working class. Plus, it’s not a rare shirt,  so it’s not like couldn’t find another one. I have also started another job myself back in May. Love it apple01

The following people thank Sky999 for this post:

Richard, Von Bontee, meaigs, Rube, Vera Chuck and Dave, meanmistermustard
8 September 2022
4.31pm
Rube
United Kingdom
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1395
14504sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Sky999 I hope the wedding goes well for you. 

The following people thank Rube for this post:

Sky999

Winner of Most Hardcore Beatles Bible Fan 2021

mosthardcore.png

10 September 2022
5.24pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
14505sp_Permalink sp_Print

heart

The following people thank Sky999 for this post:

Rube
13 September 2022
9.09pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
14506sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congratulations on the new jobs @Sky999 and life improving.

In my life I am fighting long-term work issues and trying to find an answer to a long-term question which means I have to involve a few other people for once in some personal aspect of my life – which is healthy but hard as I am very used to figuring it out on my own. Currently a lot is not quite right and needs sorted, not sure how to do so but will figure it out.

As for on here. I haven’t had much time due to working a lot and trying to find enjoyment away from that.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Von Bontee, Richard, Rube

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

14 September 2022
9.04am
meaigs
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 717
14507sp_Permalink sp_Print

All the best with that @meanmistermustard it sounds difficult.

The following people thank meaigs for this post:

meanmistermustard, Rube

My hot take is that after the Beatles split they went down the paths of spiritualism, solipsism, alcoholism, and Paul McCartney

-- Jason Carty, Nothing is Real podcast

16 September 2022
11.20pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
14508sp_Permalink sp_Print

Going to Melbourne next Friday ahead of the AFL Grand Final. I wonder if I’ll see Holey walking around? a-hard-days-night-george-9

Richard, Rube

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

17 September 2022
2.23am
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5441
14509sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t usually bore forumpudluans with my personal life details here (my exterior life is blessedly uneventful), so this post is unusual. But anyways: My mother Mombontee celebrated her 75th birthday last weekend, yay! And the occasion should’ve been happier, but it was bittersweet: You say it’s her birthday? well, it was sister Von Auntie’s birthday too yeah! Born on mom’s 5th birthday in fact she was; and we three all spent 16 wintery hours, enthralled, watching “Get Back ” a couple of times earlier this year; and we should’ve celebrated her 70th alongside Mom’s 75th, but she sadly passed at the end of May. 🙁

And mom herself is not well, at all. She hasn’t been for years; she underwent cancer surgery a few years back, and was seemingly free, until learning in July that it had returned, in lymph nodes and elsewhere – this in addition to breathing problems and poor knees that have plagued for years, and are worse than ever. She’s suffered dizziness, nausea, headaches, and a series of stroke/seizure-like episodes beginning in August, noticeably worsening in mental function afterwards; culminating in Monday’s slow-motion fall to the floor (semi-caught by myself and a cousin), an emergency ambulance call, and a hospitalization, which is where she’s been since. She had a coherent pleasant visit with myself and other relatives yesterday; two nights previous she was in the emergency room, raving and babbling, and I was certain she’d be gone by sunrise. She’s wavered between those extremes through the week, and is much improved since Monday/Tuesday. Nevertheless, they still don’t know what’s the problem exactly (neurologist will show up next week), or if she’ll be discharged anytime soon, but it’s apparent she can’t live without constant care any longer. She’s simply nearing the end of her life. a-hard-days-night-paul-10

But she’s still here at the moment, so let me acknowledge her once and for all right now, my mother. I’ve mentioned her many times here over the years, my preschool-and-eternal adoration for that yellow-orange “She Loves You ” record she’d bought in her teens; how she taught me to sing a verse of “Hey Jude “; how Von Granny regrettably wouldn’t allow her to ride three hours (with a recently licensed friend) to see Our Boys at Maple Leaf Gardens in ’64 (65?); how she accidentally stabbed herself in the leg with scissors, while struggling, trying to give an (unwanted) Beatle haircut to her longtime (male) friend across the street….I could tell you many non-Beatley things too, but later. I just thought I’d give you guys the situation, unburden. Thanks.

Happy birthday, Mombontee, we love you! (even tho you’re probably 25% the Beatle fan that I am, lol)

heart

The following people thank vonbontee for this post:

Richard, meaigs, Ahhh Girl, Shamrock Womlbs, sigh butterfly, Rube

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

17 September 2022
2.38pm
Tony Japanese
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 913
14510sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thinking about your and your mum, @vonbontee

Tiny Japanese #1 has started to get into the Beatles recently, regularly asking to watch ‘Lellow Summerine’, ‘Yesterday ‘ or ‘Hello Hello’ videos on YouTube. 

She’s clearly a fan of Paul. She enjoys Hey Jude too, but not as much as the other three. 

The following people thank Tony Japanese for this post:

Richard, vonbontee, Ahhh Girl, Shamrock Womlbs, Rube
17 September 2022
6.31pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5441
14511sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks TJ apple01

…and thanks for the update about Tiny Japanese (#1); I don’t remember if you’ve posted anything about her aside from her birth announcement a coupla years back. She’s clearly very smart! heart

The following people thank vonbontee for this post:

Rube

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

19 September 2022
5.48pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
14512sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for sharing that information with us, @vonbontee. I hope your mom stabilizes and can have a peaceful ending. 

@Tony Japanese, hopefully Tiny Japanese #1 will join the forum one of these years.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

vonbontee, Rube
19 September 2022
9.43pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5447
14513sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks AG heart…I’m fortunate to have dozens of family and inlaws etc. living in town, and that (Dr.) Vonsister (Ph. D) is making the six-hours-south-thru-Michigan journey here Friday, thru the weekend (reluctant to stay longer, since her new crop of Psychology students and faculty board colleagues require attention too)

The following people thank Von Bontee for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Richard, Rube

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

24 September 2022
2.05am
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
14514sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m sorry to hear that sad news @Von Bontee. I have 80, 90 and 100 year olds in my family, so I know well the pain you are feeling. I wish it was as easy as renting a cottage on the Isle of Wight. 

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

Von Bontee, Rube

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

25 September 2022
2.52am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
14515sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m painting the kitchen cabinets this weekend. Got the floor cabinets done today. 

Von Bontee, Richard, Rube
25 September 2022
10.57pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
14516sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Been in Melbourne the past few days. Went to the AFL grand final, which was a flop, but had a good time outside of that. Went to an Italian restaurant, went to the show, been shopping and walking around. Going home later today.

Rube

26 September 2022
5.25am
KyleKartan
Germany
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 373
14517sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

After not catching it over 2,5 years my girlfriend and me are covid 19 positive since friday. The past days were not so nice. Headache, running nose, burning eyes, couching, fever, sweating, freezing and the throat is hurting. Luckily we are vaxed 3 times so no breathing issues or anything.

Still…this is far from a usual cold. Anyone who tells you so is a moron! Get your vax if you didnt get it by now!

PS: catched the virus in Munich attending the Oktoberfest paul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartneymccartney-shrug_01_gifa-hard-days-night-john-7ahdn_george_05a-hard-days-night-ringo-14a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

For the Benefit of Mr. Kyle

26 September 2022
4.12pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
14518sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh, my @KyleKartan. I know the horrid time you’re having. I had Covid in December 2020. So unpleasant. I coughed for a month and a half. Hope you and your girlfriend shake it soon and don’t have any lasting effects!

On a side note, Oktoberfest in Munich is so much fun! Hope you had a good time at least.

KyleKartan, Rube
27 September 2022
12.47am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
14519sp_Permalink sp_Print

My mother-in-law is in ICU. She’s had a stroke – much more severe than the one she had 2 years ago. I don’t think this will end well. 

Rube
27 September 2022
2.00am
Richard
North of England
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5268
14520sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl, sending my love and concern for you and your mother-in-law, and hoping for the best. heart

The following people thank Richard for this post:

Rube

And in the end

The love you take is equal to the love you make

uk-flag-v-small-3.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: meanmistermustard
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2857
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690