Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
18 July 2022
5.21pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5445
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
14481sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Attended a memorial celebration of life yesterday for Mombontee’s sister Maureen, who passed at age 69 following a heart attack in late May. a-hard-days-night-paul-10. I’d spoken of Von Auntie repeatedly on the forum earlier this year, after she made four separate house visits, to watch and re-watch “get back”. Anyways, it was a nice family gathering, held at the home of her daughter’s friends/roommates, and I was gratified to see this prominently displayed:

20220717_135919.jpgImage Enlarger

Thanks, Mo

RIP

apple01

The following people thank vonbontee for this post:

meanmistermustard, sigh butterfly, Ahhh Girl, Shamrock Womlbs, meaigs, Von Bontee, Richard, Rube, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

18 July 2022
6.35pm
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
14482sp_Permalink sp_Print

I remember her VB and that is a sweet memorial. My condolences to you and Mombontee. heart

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

Von Bontee, Rube

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

19 July 2022
3.17am
sigh butterfly
Rishikesh
Members
14483sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Ahhh Girl – they reported on the news that OK is one of the hottest places on earth right now. Supposedly your low temp tonight is 80d. Hope your office plus home have good A/C and that the Ahhh Family are hanging in there!

d9e4f891e8df6096200456cb0e555c25.jpgImage Enlarger

Yes please…

You and I have memories

19 July 2022
3.36pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22223
14484sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s hot. And you had to show me a picture of Paul. Need that big Paulette fan right now! LOL

fan.PNGImage Enlarger

Yes, I’d rather be building a snowman with Paul than wilting in this heat.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

sigh butterfly, Rube
20 July 2022
1.44am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
14485sp_Permalink sp_Print

While the rest of the world has been wilting, I’ve been doing everything I can not to freeze or drown. Much of East coast Oz has been flooded (again) and here in Melbourne it’s been (literally) freezing – last night actually dropped below freezing which makes it the coldest night in my lifetime, and not that far away from our record lowest temperature.

As for me, I finally succumbed to covid, and gave it to my dad. My friendship circle of 7 friends has seen one case in the last 2 years, but with me testing positive almost everyone in the last week either has symptoms or is positive – and no one has seen each other in weeks, so we’ve all got it independently. Got to love a winter peak, hey…

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

sigh butterfly, Richard, Von Bontee, Rube, WeepingAtlasCedars

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

20 July 2022
2.01am
Richard
North of England
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5286
14486sp_Permalink sp_Print

Take care, Holey.  Look after yourself. apple01

The following people thank Richard for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Rube

And in the end

The love you take is equal to the love you make

uk-flag-v-small-3.png

20 July 2022
2.03am
sigh butterfly
Rishikesh
Members
14487sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sorry to hear that Holey. I know a lot of people who have caught it, but for the most part (besides some brain fog) they did not get very sick. As far as the rain, please send some my way. It hasn’t rained here since December!

3-.jpgImage Enlarger

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Rube

You and I have memories

20 July 2022
3.43pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22223
14488sp_Permalink sp_Print

I hope you and your dad and friends recover quickly and fully, @The Hole Got Fixed.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Rube
21 July 2022
6.29am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2144
14489sp_Permalink sp_Print

Make sure you finally fix that hole in the roof, Holey. There’s way too much rain to keep ignoring it.

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Rube

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

21 July 2022
9.12am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
14490sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Now back in Scotland on Saturday due to the heatwave. Can’t say I’m that enamoured with going home but Liverpool will be soon after.

I bought those two Beatle signs, probably spend weeks thinking I shouldn’t have but life is too short, especially with all the crap going on in the world. I have two spaces on my livingroom wall where they will fit nicely.

The Beatles Help Band Poster Music Album Tour London Small image 1Image Enlarger

Beatles Hard Days Night Metal Wall Sign | Cinema Posters | Beatles giftsImage Enlarger

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

meaigs, Timothy, Rube, Ahhh Girl, sigh butterfly, Richard, Von Bontee, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

21 July 2022
1.00pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
14491sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks guys. I’ve recovered well (and now out of my 7 day isoa-hard-days-night-john-6), and my dad seems a bit better than yesterday which is good. 

Timothy said
Make sure you finally fix that hole in the roof, Holey. There’s way too much rain to keep ignoring it.

You say that… our outside bathroom has this issue, we really should get it fixeda-hard-days-night-paul-7You’re psychic! 

mmm – money well spent I say, they look fab.

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

meanmistermustard, sigh butterfly, Timothy, Richard, Von Bontee, Rube, WeepingAtlasCedars

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

23 July 2022
2.12am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
14492sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

After three and a half weeks away I have to go home.

Humanos estúpidos? — cryingImage Enlarger

I’ve loved it here. It’s reminded me that I can and want to do the social side of life and I do not want to be on my own. Just got to find a way to make the changes so I am not.

Will be in Liverpool in 10 days.

Across The BeatlesImage Enlarger

Richard, sigh butterfly, The Hole Got Fixed, vonbontee, Von Bontee, Rube, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

23 July 2022
7.01am
sigh butterfly
Rishikesh
Members
14493sp_Permalink sp_Print

That sounds like a life affirming epiphany @meanmistermustard. If you are talking about dating, a lot has changed in the last 10 years. I’m sure some advise could be offered here if wanted. Cheers! 

You and I have memories

23 July 2022
1.05pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
14494sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

I bought those two Beatle signs, probably spend weeks thinking I shouldn’t have but life is too short, especially with all the crap going on in the world. I have two spaces on my livingroom wall where they will fit nicely.

Good on you. I’m way more detached these days. It helps with anxiety. Living your life without really bothering about what others think and just doing what you want. 

Rube

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

24 July 2022
7.54pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
14495sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ouch! Cut my foot open this morning!

Aimed a bag with a couple of bottles of Cobra in it at the bin last night. Just missed. Bag dropped to floor and heard bottles smash. Not bothered, they were in a bag, knotted at the top.

Walked over there this morning to drop the bag in the bin, not really looking because the bottles broke in the bag, and piece of glass goes through the outside of the transverse arch (the fleshy bit before the toes, goes in just behind the fourth and little toe). Lots of blood pools as I hobbled around the flat. Wrapped a (now pretty bloody) towel around my foot to try and slow the blood, then grab a cool pack from the freezer and wrapped that around the foot as well.

Still hobbling, but just got a delivery from Morrisons that includes plasters, antiseptic cream, and a strip of plaster that I can wrap around my foot to keep the plaster and antiseptic cream covering the cut in place. A plaster on the bottom of your foot ain’t easy to keep in place.

And a foot that needs a plaster on the bottom ain’t fun to walk hobble around on.

Just what I needed!!!

blue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanie

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

sigh butterfly, Richard, Rube, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

24 July 2022
10.50pm
Richard
North of England
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5286
14496sp_Permalink sp_Print

That’s a very unfortunate experience. I hope it all heals rapidly.

Look after yourself, Ron. apple01

The following people thank Richard for this post:

Rube

And in the end

The love you take is equal to the love you make

uk-flag-v-small-3.png

2 August 2022
1.17pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
14497sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

In Liverpool in a Beatles themed cafe (it’s called ‘The Beatles Cafe’) playing Beatles music (currently ‘All You Need Is Love ’, was ‘Here, There And Everywhere ’) surrounded by Beatles pictures and memorabilia. 
There are free Beatles books to read during your time here (tho already found an error in one – a Mad Day Out photo is dated 1969. I’m disgusted).

Seems like it should be some bizarre dream, tho if it was there would be Beatles food and drink puns on the menu as influenced by this very forum’s thread. 

Timothy, sigh butterfly, Richard, Rube, WeepingAtlasCedars

2 August 2022
3.43pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
14498sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve started my 3000 piece Beatles jigsaw. When it’s done I’ll take a photo. Might take a while, but I’ll get it done eventually. 

Von Bontee, Rube

2 August 2022
5.39pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5456
14499sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wow, 3000! a-hard-days-night-ringo-6have fun!

This mere 523-piece one took me about 2-3 weeks a few years back; it’s double-sided, but I barely looked at the mostly-white side (or needed to) when assembling. And I didn’t like the way the center reminded me of a crosshairs, so I stuck in the leaf when sealing the whole thing with glue.

Screenshot_20220802-123908_Gallery.jpgImage Enlarger

The following people thank Von Bontee for this post:

Richard, Timothy, Rube

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

5 August 2022
4.19am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
14500sp_Permalink sp_Print

Von Bontee said
Wow, 3000! a-hard-days-night-ringo-6have fun!

It’s a huge undertaking and needs to be done in bursts. It can give you a headache, especially when wanting to complete it quickly so it can be framed. But I’m making progress. This is what it looks like so far after about three days. 

Image Enlarger

Rube

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694