Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
8 May 2021
6.12am
Vera Chuck and Dave
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 598
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
14081sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Magill said
Here in Canada, we’re far behind in vaccines, though i’m getting mine soon. I’m a bit late for it, though.

For a country with free healthcare, this is kind of nuts. Every store that isn’t a general store is closed! Hell, even the aisles of those stores that don’t sell general stuff are closed! And I don’t want to have to deal with online shopping. Especially when shipping prices are extremely expensive!

The official healthcare system here is also only focusing on negativity! They rarely ever make remarks about improvements in cases!

I’m about to go crazy here paul-mccartney!

as a fellow Canadian, our governments (federal AND, in some cases, provincial) are doing such a terrible job

to make things worse, I’m in Alberta a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

on another note, I’m real glad the Oilers are officially in the playoffs now

8 May 2021
8.58pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2129
14082sp_Permalink sp_Print

Winter is coming fast here. Days getting shorter and colder. I don’t mind it. 

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

Jules, Beatlebug

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

8 May 2021
9.08pm
Jules
In your wildest dreams
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 690
14083sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Timothy said

Samea-hard-days-night-paul-5

Aren’t you also happy you get to use a coat that you really like but couldn’t wear all this time?

The following people thank Jules for this post:

Beatlebug

the watusi

the twist

8 May 2021
10.31pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2129
14084sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yes, I have a nice black coat that makes me look like a detective or assassin. Looking forward to wearing it.

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

Jules, Beatlebug

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

9 May 2021
5.05am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
14085sp_Permalink sp_Print

Jules said

Timothy said

Samea-hard-days-night-paul-5

Likewise. Southern hemisphere gang! 

Aren’t you also happy you get to use a coat that you really like but couldn’t wear all this time?

Not really – I’d prefer not to have to wear more than a jumper. Definitely like the heat more than the cold. Roll on October! 

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Jules

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

10 May 2021
12.30pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
14086sp_Permalink sp_Print

Can’t wait for the cinemas to open next week. Have also provided written notice of my want and intention to reduce my working days, cannot wait for 2 days a week and to get out of a working environment that is exhausting in so many ways. My plan is to turn up, do what needs done and then leave having zero desire to get caught up in anything. 

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Beatlebug, AppleScruffJunior, Ahhh Girl, The Hole Got Fixed, sir walter raleigh, kelicopter, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

10 May 2021
2.38pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
14087sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve finished my final exams for the semester. a-hard-days-night-paul-7a-hard-days-night-george-4

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

AppleScruffJunior, meanmistermustard, Ahhh Girl, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

10 May 2021
4.01pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
14088sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said
I’ve finished my final exams for the semester. a-hard-days-night-paul-7a-hard-days-night-george-4

All the best for the results. 

Beatlebug

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

10 May 2021
4.17pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
14089sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh I did all right, I got a 97 on my pre-calculus algebra (!!!!!!! I struggled mightily with that class) and 87% on biology (I was disappointed but it’s fine).

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Timothy

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

11 May 2021
10.05am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
14090sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it now, and I will probably say it many more times on the forum in the coming decades: I HATE MATH!

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars
11 May 2021
11.24am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
14091sp_Permalink sp_Print

Managed to lock myself out of the flat yesterday.

Woke up and the electric had gone, pulled on a pair of boxers and stumbled down the hall, grabbed the electric key, thought I’d caught the catch on the lock to stop the door closing, went out to the meter cupboard and a gust of wind slammed the door shut. And I’m stood in the corridor in a tee-shirt, boxers and socks!

Couldn’t get the kitchen window to open properly, and ripped up my arm a bit trying to, though it’s meant to. Tried the neighbour I thought could help, but he was out. After about 30 minutes I’m sat on the stairs waiting for the caretaker to come back to his office to see if he can help, and hoping he won’t be long.

About 15 minutes later my neighbour arrived back from the shops, much to my relief. 5 minutes later, hammer, chisel, and big feck-off crowbar, he’d popped the front door open with barely any damage, and the lock still working fine. I thought, at the least, I was going to need to replace the lock, if not repair the door frame, but no such worries. Nor did I have to smash a double-glazed window to get in.

Rarely been so relieved. First time I’ve locked myself out since I moved here over twenty years ago I think.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

11 May 2021
12.49pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
14092sp_Permalink sp_Print

^I’ve locked myself out of my house several times in the past 20 years. Luckily, Ahhh Mother -In-Law lives across the street from us and keeps a key to our house.

11 May 2021
5.15pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
14093sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
Managed to lock myself out of the flat yesterday.

Woke up and the electric had gone, pulled on a pair of boxers and stumbled down the hall, grabbed the electric key, thought I’d caught the catch on the lock to stop the door closing, went out to the meter cupboard and a gust of wind slammed the door shut. And I’m stood in the corridor in a tee-shirt, boxers and socks!

Couldn’t get the kitchen window to open properly, and ripped up my arm a bit trying to, though it’s meant to. Tried the neighbour I thought could help, but he was out. After about 30 minutes I’m sat on the stairs waiting for the caretaker to come back to his office to see if he can help, and hoping he won’t be long.

About 15 minutes later my neighbour arrived back from the shops, much to my relief. 5 minutes later, hammer, chisel, and big feck-off crowbar, he’d popped the front door open with barely any damage, and the lock still working fine. I thought, at the least, I was going to need to replace the lock, if not repair the door frame, but no such worries. Nor did I have to smash a double-glazed window to get in.

Rarely been so relieved. First time I’ve locked myself out since I moved here over twenty years ago I think.

Can’t you leave a spare key somewhere or get a key safe put up to ensure you always have a way in?

QuarryMan, Beatlebug, Jules

13 May 2021
2.33pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
14094sp_Permalink sp_Print

Two films booked at the cinema for the same day. I’m really looking forward to going back.

Mr Bean - At the Cinema - Mr Bean on Make a GIFImage Enlarger

Jules, AppleScruffJunior

14 May 2021
6.37pm
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
14095sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey, I haven’t been on here very much lately.   I’ve been busy with finals and school and work for the better part of April.  Then May came and I thought I would have a bit of a break from everything, but then 2 days into the summer and I got rear-ended by some teenage gal and her boyfriend while I was stopped at a stoplight.  So the last week and a half I’ve been dealing with insurance companies and such getting everything worked out.  Yesterday I finally found out my car was totaled but I got almost as much as I paid for my car originally so I upgraded and got a newer Rav4, that’s red now instead of black.  Now I will hopefully get a bit of a breather from things since that’s all taken care of.

So my cars in the past have been named Linda(1998 White Honda Civic) after Linda Eastman, and Stella(2012 Black Toyota Rav4) after Stella McCartney.  Now I need to come up with a name for my new car (2018 Red Toyota Rav4).  Mary doesn’t really fit the car.  Heather, after Linda’s daughter, could work, but I don’t like the ambiguity with Paul’s evil ex wife.  I also thought maybe a name from the songs could work.  Martha popped into my head on the way home, but that sounds like more of a white car name.  Then my friend suggested Rita, which I think might be the one.  Let me know what you guys think.

The following people thank William Shears Campbell for this post:

Jules, Vera Chuck and Dave, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

14 May 2021
8.47pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
14096sp_Permalink sp_Print

You’ll have to get permission off the woman herself @lovelyritametermaid .

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Vera Chuck and Dave, Beatlebug, William Shears Campbell

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

15 May 2021
4.42am
kelicopter
Sitting in an English Garden
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1082
14097sp_Permalink sp_Print

It was my birthday last week, and the weather was luckily just nice enough to have drinks and food with friends and family outside. It almost felt normal!

Sadly I had to also take my cat to be put down, so it was a very bittersweet time. We got her when I was 10, when my parents sold their house last year she came to live with me, and she passed away a day before my 27th birthday. Think about how much growing up a person does between the ages of 10 and 27! She was there throughout all my hormonal teenage years, my early 20s career crises, family health issues, etc etc. She will be so very missed.

The following people thank kelicopter for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Vera Chuck and Dave, QuarryMan, WeepingAtlasCedars

I think it's great you're going through a phase,

and I'm awfully glad it'll all be over in a couple

of days

funniestpost-3.png 2020

15 May 2021
8.12am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
14098sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hugs heart Pets are so wonderful heart

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, kelicopter
15 May 2021
5.25pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
14099sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cinema trip postponed as Glasgow remains in level three for at least another week. Not worth getting worked up over as regions will fluctuate with Covid restriction levels changing quickly as case numbers rise and fall. Have to learn to adapt and accept.

16 May 2021
8.28pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5777
14100sp_Permalink sp_Print

stuart-sutcliffeJust graduated college. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

William Shears Campbell, Richard, Jules, Vera Chuck and Dave, Ahhh Girl, meanmistermustard, kelicopter, Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, AppleScruffJunior, WeepingAtlasCedars, Timothy, Turn Left At Greenland, vonbontee

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Sea Belt
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691