Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
8 April 2021
9.06am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
14061sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
I’m in the plough through state. I don’t want to look around me and see all the chaos swirling around me. I know I’ve let some things slip because I’ve had so much on my plate.

Focus on what is most important and ditch the rest till later. If someone moans, tell them to sod off (in a nice way).

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, sir walter raleigh, The Hole Got Fixed, QuarryMan, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

10 April 2021
7.16pm
Vera Chuck and Dave
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 598
14062sp_Permalink sp_Print

was shooting some hoops with a friend last night (outdoors, in a park, etc.) and I ended up straining my knee

that’s what I get for actually being active for once!

10 April 2021
7.19pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5777
14063sp_Permalink sp_Print

I tried to run up the stairs this morning and had a sharp pain in my foot, felt like it came from my shoe. I was wearing crocs mccartney-shrug_01_gif

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

Vera Chuck and Dave

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

13 April 2021
5.27am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2126
14064sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve been away here for a while. But I’m back again. Can you dig it?

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, sir walter raleigh, kelicopter, Beatlebug, Vera Chuck and Dave, WeepingAtlasCedars

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

23 April 2021
1.02pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
14065sp_Permalink sp_Print

We added a family member in early March of 2020, just before all Hell broke loose. His name is Brody – this was him at Christmas.

Brody-Xmas.jpgImage Enlarger

The following people thank Zig for this post:

meanmistermustard, Sky999, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, Vera Chuck and Dave, The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

23 April 2021
2.17pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
14066sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Getting back into a semi-normal life. I’ve been fully vaccinated for 2 full months now. Had no major side effects apart from tiredness for 5 days after the second shot. It was like I hadn’t slept in days; however,  I rather have that over covid where it felt like an elephant sat on my stomach for two weeks,  no appetite due lack of taste and smell, constant headache, and running nose. My taste and smell have still yet to recover from covid and that was back in early October! 

They’ve laxed some of the restrictions where I live; however,  I still pretty much wear a mask, dont go into crowds, sanitize my hands, ect. My work is picking back up because most of the clients are vaccinated which is good. So I dont have to have near heart attacks when people cough or say they are sick. paul-mccartney I know you can still catch it with the vaccine, but it lessens the severity of it or the chances. 

Recently,  I’ve in a British mood: shows, music,  history, etc.  I was like I wish I could travel to Europe.  I was like damn I don’t have the funds and then I had to remind myself I probably couldn’t go anyways or do much at all because the virus is still around and restricts. So, The Beatles Bible and YouTube will do for now.ahdn_john_08_gif

The following people thank Sky999 for this post:

Beatlebug, Vera Chuck and Dave, meanmistermustard, The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars
23 April 2021
5.40pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
14067sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

From June I’m reducing my working hours, life is too short to spend it exhausted. 

Was either that or quit and work elsewhere eventually; I’m not willing to sit in some tedious interview near begging someone I don’t know to employ me.

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, sir walter raleigh, Timothy, kelicopter, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

24 April 2021
12.50am
Vera Chuck and Dave
Carnegie Hall
Members
14068sp_Permalink sp_Print

as much as I’ve been enjoying just hanging out at home and collecting EI, I think that’s about to run out and I’m real uncertain about getting a job

at the same time, I’ve really been wanting to have my own place and a cat (not getting a cat at home, my parents don’t like them and the dog doesn’t get along with other animals), maybe try dating again

24 April 2021
4.35am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
14069sp_Permalink sp_Print

Vera Chuck and Dave said
as much as I’ve been enjoying just hanging out at home and collecting EI, I think that’s about to run out and I’m real uncertain about getting a job

at the same time, I’ve really been wanting to have my own place and a cat (not getting a cat at home, my parents don’t like them and the dog doesn’t get along with other animals), maybe try dating again

You could date someone who has a cat, tho don’t add it to your interest section

The Simpsons GifsImage Enlarger

Vera Chuck and Dave

27 April 2021
5.50am
Vera Chuck and Dave
Carnegie Hall
Members
14070sp_Permalink sp_Print

I could! currently not allowed to visit other people though, Canada’s woefully behind as far as dealing with covid goes

28 April 2021
4.29am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
14071sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
From June I’m reducing my working hours, life is too short to spend it exhausted. 

Was either that or quit and work elsewhere eventually; I’m not willing to sit in some tedious interview near begging someone I don’t know to employ me.

Your health and sanity come first. You’re doing the right thing. 

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, meanmistermustard, Vera Chuck and Dave, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

28 April 2021
5.27pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
14072sp_Permalink sp_Print

Timothy said

meanmistermustard said

Your health and sanity come first. You’re doing the right thing. 

My initial starting point was to leave in May, to stay on seems to be the correct position, but if things continue as they are heading then it wouldn’t be a surprise if I was gone by the end of the year. I just want to live a very quiet life with few hassles. 

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, Timothy, Vera Chuck and Dave, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

2 May 2021
6.25am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
14073sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

The past doesn’t exist. Nor does the future. There is only the present. I had a bad experience with something today but I’m shrugging it off. When I accept something is bad for me I can move on pretty fast. Life is too short to worry and obsess about things we can’t control any longer. Moving on is taking control.

Beatlebug, Vera Chuck and Dave, Ahhh Girl, kelicopter

2 May 2021
1.16pm
Jules
In your wildest dreams
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 690
14074sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey, how you doin’! I got some time on my hands, so I decided to update you on what’s been of me this last couple of months. I’ve been meaning to write a post lately because for the past week I have been making nothing but wait to receive work. And during the meantime I remembered how I don’t post on FF anymore due to doing other things lately.

I’ve been fine, and I’ve been reading the forum weekly still even if I don’t write anymore. I’ve missed the opportunity to wish @Ron Nasty good health considering his recent posts on the Get Well Soon thread, which I’m doing now. Or welcome @Zig back, who I didn’t really know although I am aware of who he is and would love to get to know him better. Or just engage in casual conversation, which is always a treat. Also so many birthdays I missed.

I’ve been working out lately. I’ve always done some physical activity but now I feel like I’m reaching good defensesa-hard-days-night-paul-10, which is good for the current situation and I can’t recommend it enough, even if it is just pull-ups in your living room.

I’ve been taking care of my grandmother more than I used to, given she was given her first shot, is waiting for the second one, plus a few weeks ago she fell and hurt her leg and she’s in her 80s (although crushing it for her age), it turned out to be nothing thankfully. Also, I couldn’t let the opportunity pass to link you to this, which is a story an experience of mine I posted on Reddit and got some feedback (note username “Jules”ahdn_george_08). And it’s just a great read about my awesome grandma!

Been working a lot with my mother, hoping to buy a car by the end of the year with my savings. I decided to sign up for preliminary studies next year in Aeronautical Engineering on a public university. I decided I wanted to do something more technical, just to try it out, because I’ve become extremely interested in the subject. I don’t know if it’s for me but I decided that I should stop hesitating about career picks and just try stuff out, which my older brother encouraged me to do and I couldn’t be more thankful for.

As for the Beatles, I went through a strange pseudo-depressive state for a while were I could only listen to Rubber Soul for some reason, and I’ve become even more fond of that record especially the song Nowhere Man . Also, I bought this:

Captura-de-Pantalla-2021-05-02-a-las-15.03.10.pngImage Enlarger

a-hard-days-night-john-6a-hard-days-night-john-6a-hard-days-night-john-6

(I’m on the left)

to shoot that photo with one of my dearest friends (continuing our infatuation with the Fab Four) and his silly ahegao hoodie. I’m having a great time with my loved ones. Also, the hoodie itself is freaking awesome!!!a-hard-days-night-paul-5Wear it every day.

Been watching a lot of James Bond, preparing for the next film. So much so that I bought a chroma key and I’m recording a video talking about them movies, decided it would be a fun hobby now, considering that coming the winter now in South America, quarantine in Argentina is tightening up again, with cases per day going up. So we’re locked in again after a free summer (which of course I agree with for the health of my family and friends).

And last but not least, I’ve published an album with some of my compositions that I’ve had on the shelf for more than 5 months. I would’ve published it sooner but an ugly thing happened to what was supposed to be the original cover. I wanted to take a photo of what used to be my group of friends, but two of them got into a sort of fight and now won’t talk to each other, even though I’m still friends with both of them. It’s sad, and I hope I could change it, but well, c’est la vie. So me and another friend shot a picture of his dog and I decided to publish it, because maybe my group of friends will never be the sameahdn_paul_01Sh*t happens.

Hhhiiieuugooffbrbsb

That’s what’s been going on. I can’t know how busy will I be in the next coming months. But know that I got this page pinned and I always open it for a quick read. I regularly visit the In My Life thread to know about you guys and it’s always interesting, so think of me as a friendly ghostahdn_john_08_gifAlso don’t forget that those album averagings are always up to date, I never forget to change them when new people post. In fact, I would have the audacity to ask a moderator if there could be any chance they could be pinned at the top of those album ranking threads.

A cordial salute to you all again, sorry for the unnecessarily long in-detail post, but, you know, it’s always been my style.

The following people thank Jules for this post:

Beatlebug, Vera Chuck and Dave, The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog, Ron Nasty, Magill, WeepingAtlasCedars

the watusi

the twist

2 May 2021
2.42pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
14075sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good to hear from you as always @Jules and you look cool asf in that hoodie with your mane and shades stuart-sutcliffestuart-sutcliffestuart-sutcliffestuart-sutcliffe

I’ll have to give your album a listen! john-lennon-salute_gif

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Jules, Jules

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

2 May 2021
6.26pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
14076sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Jules ! Great to see you again!

Heart-warming story about your grandma, you two sound like the power duo! I realllllly need that hoodie omlbeatlemaniacs_02_gif

When I get some more time I’ll definitely listen to your album, and I’ll pin those album averages toojohn-lennon-salute_gif*

Re. my life: Same old. 9 weeks into university, lots of stuff due this week. I’m captaining my cricket club’s winter cricket team (yes cricket is a summer sport, I know). We won’t talk about how the first game went…

*edit: I have now done both of these thingsjohn-lennon-salute_gif

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Jules, Jules, Beatlebug

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

2 May 2021
8.05pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5011
14077sp_Permalink sp_Print

Update for me…I’ve been at the temp job for a little over six months and I have a full-time job and a PRN job lined up. I’ll have medical insurance through the full-time employer, paid holidays, vacation and sick days, which are all things I don’t currently have.

However, the air conditioning in the wing of the hospital where I’ll be working has been out for two months, ever since the huge winter storm that hit our area. I’m not looking forward to seeing whether I can survive the stuffy environment because I have asthma. 

The following people thank Expert Textpert for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Timothy, Beatlebug, meanmistermustard, SgtPeppersBulldog, Vera Chuck and Dave, Magill, Jules, WeepingAtlasCedars

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

3 May 2021
7.58pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
14078sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I haven’t made a detailed post in this thread for a long time, so here’s what’s been going on with me:

I’m going to Uni for certain in September. I’m looking forward to having my life in a schedule again! a-hard-days-night-paul-4Almost every day for the last year I’ve spent in an unmotivated slump, plus I’ve lost two uncles within the space of four months recently that has been real tough for my family to deal with, so I’m hopeful this course will give me the inspiration and joy I need. It involves plenty of music, which means my creative juices should start flowing again soon and I’ll have some audio posted or shared to my arts thread (which reminds me, I have two Beatley doodles in the works, one involving our lads through the years as well as another group drawn in the cartoon series style like I did before with The Beach Boys . Don’t know when I’ll continue with The Brightbeats’ story but I’d like to at some point.)

I’ll also mention I’ve been getting back into George’s solo career again, as evidenced by my Wilburys post I made, plus I’ve been revisiting 33 & 1/3 today (Dear One has really grown on me! ahdn_george_08). 

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

Vera Chuck and Dave, meanmistermustard, Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, AppleScruffJunior, Jules, WeepingAtlasCedars

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

5 May 2021
6.52am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
14079sp_Permalink sp_Print

Very sorry to hear about your uncles. Hope you and your family can slowly heal. Always here if you need to talkheart

SgtPeppersBulldog said
(which reminds me, I have two Beatley doodles in the works, one involving our lads through the years as well as another group drawn in the cartoon series style like I did before with The Beach Boys . Don’t know when I’ll continue with The Brightbeats’ story but I’d like to at some point.)

a-hard-days-night-ringo-15a-hard-days-night-john-3

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

7 May 2021
9.55am
Magill
Isle Of Wight
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 458
14080sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here in Canada, we’re far behind in vaccines, though i’m getting mine soon. I’m a bit late for it, though.

For a country with free healthcare, this is kind of nuts. Every store that isn’t a general store is closed! Hell, even the aisles of those stores that don’t sell general stuff are closed! And I don’t want to have to deal with online shopping. Especially when shipping prices are extremely expensive!

The official healthcare system here is also only focusing on negativity! They rarely ever make remarks about improvements in cases!

I’m about to go crazy here paul-mccartney!

The following people thank Magill for this post:

Jules, Vera Chuck and Dave, Beatlebug

George for lifeahdn_george_06.gif

2021: Hmm.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690