Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
17 February 2021
4.23am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
14001sp_Permalink sp_Print

I hope you’re not weeping for much longer, WeepyC. If you need to chat about anything, my inbox is always openheart

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

18 February 2021
6.23am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2126
14002sp_Permalink sp_Print

I explained to someone today I’m obsessed with the Beatles and John Lennon specifically. They thought it was cool.

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Richard, sir walter raleigh, Vera Chuck and Dave, SgtPeppersBulldog

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

18 February 2021
1.45pm
Magill
Isle Of Wight
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 458
14003sp_Permalink sp_Print

My life is very normal. I do anything I would do any day.

The following people thank Magill for this post:

QuarryMan, sir walter raleigh, Vera Chuck and Dave, vonbontee, SgtPeppersBulldog

George for lifeahdn_george_06.gif

2021: Hmm.png

25 February 2021
1.35am
Vera Chuck and Dave
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 598
14004sp_Permalink sp_Print

started talking to a therapist for the first time as an adult (I went a few times in middle-high school)

I’ve been doing pretty good lately (mostly just been hanging around at home, getting baked and watching sports/TV/movies or listening to/playing music), this is more just to talk about issues I’ve had in the past and work on myself

The following people thank Vera Chuck and Dave for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, sir walter raleigh, vonbontee, WeepingAtlasCedars
1 March 2021
7.49pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
14005sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have my first day of university tomorrow*. It’ll be mostly online, but that’s fine with me – less time commuting means more time to get my work done and more time to relax.

Oh, and my cricket team has qualified for the semi-finals for the first time ever, so that’ll be exciting!

*well, it technically was yesterday because yesterday was Monday and that was when all the pre-reading was released to the students.

Ahhh Girl, vonbontee, SgtPeppersBulldog, sigh butterfly, WeepingAtlasCedars

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

2 March 2021
2.25am
Turn Left At Greenland
Writing home every day
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 192
14006sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well everyone…It’s been awhile since I’ve been on here (maybe close to a year? I don’t even remember anymore). I’m honestly not sure anyone here even remembers me, though I guess I can’t blame y’all if you don’t. Anyhows, just felt like coming back to this place, as I do miss the lovely community here and could use some Beatlemania in my life. 

I moved from my mom’s house and out of town and am now in Portland, Oregon. I’ve all but cut my mom off at this point–I’ll spare you all the details and just leave it at that. 

I ended up landing a job as an SAT/ACT/AP tutor, which has been both very fulfilling and very stressful (especially as of late). Because of the combination of school and medical issues, I’ve never really had a real job before, so I’m learning a lot about professionalism and responsibility. It’s a lot, but they’re necessary lessons to learn.

I’m also about to celebrate six months of my first serious romantic relationship, which has been its own storyline through all this. It’s strange: I’ve been single for so long, I don’t know how to think of myself as not single, so it’s been an adjustment and even is still to some degree. But my girlfriend’s a lovely person (she immediately earned respect points with me for her love of the Help ! album–we both agree it’s criminally underrated). 

And finally, the last major piece of the update: I applied to grad schools to study philosophy, and am currently in the middle of hearing back from places. So far I’ve received 5 rejections and 1 possible acceptance (it’s complicated and has to do with funding waitlists among other things), but I’m waiting to hear back from four more places. If anyone would like advice on what NOT to do on your philosophy grad apps, PM me!

Anyways, I’m hopefully going to start spending time here again, so you might see me lurking about in various corners here and there ahdn_john_08_gif

The following people thank Turn Left At Greenland for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, sigh butterfly, vonbontee, Beatlebug, Vera Chuck and Dave, WeepingAtlasCedars

"And life flows on within you and without you"

"I guess I just wasn't made for these times"

2 March 2021
5.06am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
14007sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey @Turn Left At Greenland , it’s great to see you again! I’m glad things seem to be going better in your life a-hard-days-night-ringo-15, but what a whirlwind few months! Sorry to hear about the situation with your mum though.

Turn Left At Greenland said
I’m honestly not sure anyone here even remembers me, though I guess I can’t blame y’all if you don’t.

<snip>

Anyways, I’m hopefully going to start spending time here again, so you might see me lurking about in various corners here and there ahdn_john_08_gif

You’d be surprised – once a forumpudlian, always a forumpudlian! Will be a pleasure to see you around again!

vonbontee, Turn Left At Greenland

aus-flag-v-small.png

2 March 2021
8.16am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
14008sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh, yes, I’m glad to see you back here, @Turn Left At Greenland!  Pick up right where you left off. 

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Turn Left At Greenland
2 March 2021
10.57am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
14009sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome back @Turn Left At Greenland! Good to hear you’re doing well in the great wide world. apple01

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Turn Left At Greenland

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

2 March 2021
12.30pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
14010sp_Permalink sp_Print

Unfortunately, the director of the film i composed replaced me. Of course, this wouldn’t piss me off too much if he hadn’t ghosted me for 6 months and waited until after i released the soundtrack before doing this and to make matters worse, i only found out through a public Facebook post.

This is really embarrassing because i explicitly released my soundtrack EP as such so it’ll be strange when that’s not the music being played on the big screen.

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Vera Chuck and Dave, SgtPeppersBulldog

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

2 March 2021
12.48pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
14011sp_Permalink sp_Print

oof sorry to hear that @Dark Overlord apple01

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Dark Overlord

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

2 March 2021
2.33pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
14012sp_Permalink sp_Print

The director got in contact with me, apologized, and expressed interest in working with me on future projects and i was able to get a deal where in exchange for me unlisting my soundtrack, my song Midwest will be included in the film.

Vera Chuck and Dave, SgtPeppersBulldog

3 March 2021
11.05am
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5777
14013sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Dark Overlord similar to what I recommended a few months ago, perhaps you could release your original score as a rhapsody or instrumental piece since you worked so hard on it. Just retitle it and disassociate from the movie and this careless director. 

Speaking of working hard, I finally figured out my recording setup, and I have two studio monitors arriving tomorrow, as well as a long list of songs I’ve written since highschool narrowed down to the best ones for the album. If anybody is interested in the progress I can post updated demos of tracks. Will probably be a while before its released as I want to perfect it, as well as do a little bit of social media PR down the line. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

Beatlebug, Dark Overlord, The Hole Got Fixed, Richard, Vera Chuck and Dave, WeepingAtlasCedars

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

3 March 2021
2.07pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
14014sp_Permalink sp_Print

@sir walter raleigh I wish i had taken your advice earlier and i did change the title to Rejected Soundtrack on the SoundCloud and BandCamp releases, as well as change the artwork to be just my logo over a black background. I might also look into combining it with my Rhapsody Of Horror to create a larger piece sometime in the future.

sir walter raleigh

3 March 2021
7.51pm
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
14015sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yes @sir walter raleigh, interested in hearing your music for sure!! Holey and I are attempting to get 10 songs together from forum members to recreate a Sixties club staple “Battle of the Bands”. If you could submit a song this summer that would be FAB!!

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

sir walter raleigh, Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

4 March 2021
5.04pm
Vera Chuck and Dave
Carnegie Hall
Members
14016sp_Permalink sp_Print

@sir walter raleigh looking forward to hearing!

sir walter raleigh
4 March 2021
8.40pm
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
14017sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have been absent from the forum for a bit so I figured I’d pop back on.  I have mainly been busy with school and work.  The last 2 weeks I have gone to school, gone to work, and come home only to go to bed, with very little free time in between.  This next week is spring break for me, so I will have a break from the school aspect.  I’m not sure what to do with my free time though, haha.

I have made great strides in my Beatles record/cd collection.  I am working on collecting the Paul Archives I don’t have at the moment.  I also am excited for POB and the potential ATMP boxes to come and of course, the LIB /GB one whenever that decides to show its face.

Anyway, I’ll try to be more active.  Maybe I’ll hop on in my free time at the institute.

The following people thank William Shears Campbell for this post:

sir walter raleigh, The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

4 March 2021
8.44pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5777
14018sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am also patiently waiting for the POB ans ATMP boxes where I can occupy myself with those for at least a few weeks once they come out

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

William Shears Campbell

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

5 March 2021
9.23pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2126
14019sp_Permalink sp_Print

Next week I’ll know if my job is secure. Wish me luck. 

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

sir walter raleigh, The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, William Shears Campbell, WeepingAtlasCedars

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

6 March 2021
12.21am
Vera Chuck and Dave
Carnegie Hall
Members
14020sp_Permalink sp_Print

I hate it when I wake up depressed for no reason and that stays throughout the day, even if I’ve been doing alright for the last few months

like, why

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, sigh butterfly, kelicopter
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Richard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690