Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
19 November 2020
6.38pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
13921sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wow. Treat yourself mmm, you’ve more than deserved it. heart

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

23 November 2020
11.11pm
JW OBoogie
Ouch! Ow Ow Ouch!
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 336
13922sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
For the first time since 9th May I have 8 days off work (my first run of three days off was only a few weeks ago) and I’m in 8 days out of 29. All about time. 

Would that be Eight Days A Week you’re having off work?

The following people thank JW OBoogie for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

Turn off your stream, relax and float down mind

26 November 2020
12.50pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5777
13923sp_Permalink sp_Print

Turned in my thesis draft last night a big step towards graduating college. i thought i’d never get it done. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

meanmistermustard, The Hole Got Fixed, kelicopter, Ahhh Girl, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

27 November 2020
11.29pm
Vera Chuck and Dave
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 598
13924sp_Permalink sp_Print

got fired two weeks ago. was honestly pretty glad I was, I was really miserable at that place.

just been hanging out, smokin quality bud, listening to tunes/watching TV and movies and stuff

been a lot happier than I was for the couple months I had the job

anyone else follow AEW? been really into them since I’ve been home/had access to cable, bought all 4 PPVs they did this year, etc.

The following people thank Vera Chuck and Dave for this post:

sir walter raleigh, kelicopter, meanmistermustard, WeepingAtlasCedars, QuarryMan
28 November 2020
5.04pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
13925sp_Permalink sp_Print

Vera Chuck and Dave said
got fired two weeks ago. was honestly pretty glad I was, I was really miserable at that place.

just been hanging out, smokin quality bud, listening to tunes/watching TV and movies and stuff

been a lot happier than I was for the couple months I had the job

anyone else follow AEW? been really into them since I’ve been home/had access to cable, bought all 4 PPVs they did this year, etc.

I’ve seen some of AEW but it’s on ITV4 in the UK and that means adverts every 5 minutes which became a pain so I lost interest. The last time I watched was when Jericho did the song and dance number with MJF which is something that has to be seen to be believed – awesome in a way where you never quite believe what you are watching.

feature=emb_title&ab_channel=AllEliteWrestling

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Vera Chuck and Dave

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

1 December 2020
3.29pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
13926sp_Permalink sp_Print

My boyfriend,  his dad, and I had minor cases of covid back in early October.  I still don’t have my smell back. It’s irritating when my boyfriend tells me to smell something  forgetting I have no smell. I joke one day there will be advertisements or medical discoveries to regain your smell back from covid. Right now I’ve been trying destress myself from seeing the cases rise on tv. I pray next year is better because I dont think we can handle another 2020. 

The following people thank Sky999 for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, kelicopter
1 December 2020
4.10pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
13927sp_Permalink sp_Print

COVID is only going to continue getting worse these next couple months. College kids are coming back home, kids are going to be out of school, we just had Thanksgiving and Christmas is at the end of the month. People are still going to be living their lives seeing the family and going Christmas shopping just as they have been doing through all of this. Only now, at least where I am, you can’t have outdoor get-togethers so everything will be indoors. 

The following people thank Little Piggy Dragonguy for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

2 December 2020
3.59pm
kelicopter
Sitting in an English Garden
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1080
13928sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sky999 said
My boyfriend,  his dad, and I had minor cases of covid back in early October.  I still don’t have my smell back. It’s irritating when my boyfriend tells me to smell something  forgetting I have no smell. I joke one day there will be advertisements or medical discoveries to regain your smell back from covid. Right now I’ve been trying destress myself from seeing the cases rise on tv. I pray next year is better because I dont think we can handle another 2020. 

I’m fairly certain I had a mild case back in September when I self isolated, and I lost my sense of smell for about 8 weeks afterwards. My boyfriend kept making this same mistake!

(I can’t remember if I’ve told this story already on the forum, but hey ho.) One day I was cooking dinner, and was getting a bit emotional at how I couldn’t smell any part of what I was making. (Chopping and cooking onions with no sense of smell is the weirdest sensation.) My boyfriend walked in, and innocently said “ooh dinner smells nice” – I turned around, tears welling up in my eyes and exclaimed “DOES IT?!?!” Bless him, he had no idea what he was walking into and was just trying to pay me a compliment! Within a few seconds I realised how ridiculous the situation was and we both burst out laughing.

Not that I want to poke fun at a really serious and scary time @Sky999 , just hoping that it might make you laugh or feel a bit less alone. I was worried for a while that my smell wouldn’t ever come back, but in the last few weeks it has definitely improved in dribs and drabs. Hopefully yours will too, and I hope you and your boyfriend and family are all doing well. apple01

The following people thank kelicopter for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Sky999

I think it's great you're going through a phase,

and I'm awfully glad it'll all be over in a couple

of days

funniestpost-3.png 2020

2 December 2020
4.04pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
13929sp_Permalink sp_Print

My health is playing up so am off work for six days. It is very frustrating when your body refuses to do anything when your being is wanting to.

kelicopter

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

3 December 2020
1.57am
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5777
13930sp_Permalink sp_Print

even after that drive by i’m still working at the same place, but my boss has crossed the line and refuses to take any accountability so this is my last week. With finals coming up, i’m honestly so glad its over. I don’t need this bullshit. no i do not. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

kelicopter, The Hole Got Fixed, meanmistermustard, WeepingAtlasCedars

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

3 December 2020
3.16am
Vera Chuck and Dave
Carnegie Hall
Members
13931sp_Permalink sp_Print

@meanmistermustard – oooof, that sounds terrible. thankfully it airs on TSN here in Canada, so it’s nowhere near that much of a pain. I wasn’t big on that segment when it happened (loved every other Jericho/MJF/Inner Circle thing so far though!), but I’ve come to appreciate it the more I think about it

covid’s getting really bad in the province I’m in and our government’s doing jackshit, it’s so dumb

thankfully (in this case, anyways), I’m back at home which means I live like an hour away from my friends

checked out a record store in town for the first time this week! got a good haul, plus they have a bunch of Todd Rundgren albums I’ve been wanting on wax

but that’s probably the last time I’m gonna be going into the city for a while

WeepingAtlasCedars
4 December 2020
12.30am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
13932sp_Permalink sp_Print

sir walter raleigh said
even after that drive by i’m still working at the same place, but my boss has crossed the line and refuses to take any accountability so this is my last week. With finals coming up, i’m honestly so glad its over. I don’t need this bullshit. no i do not. 

So glad to hear you’ll get closure on that one swr. Hope it’s getting easier for you, and I’m sure it will after you get rid of your boss from your life.

sir walter raleigh

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

4 December 2020
12.48am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
13933sp_Permalink sp_Print

sir walter raleigh said

Good on you getting out. It’s far easier to accept and remain but it’s not worth it. Life is too short. 

sir walter raleigh

4 December 2020
10.15pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
13934sp_Permalink sp_Print

kelicopter said

Sky999 said

I’m fairly certain I had a mild case back in September when I self isolated, and I lost my sense of smell for about 8 weeks afterwards. My boyfriend kept making this same mistake!

(I can’t remember if I’ve told this story already on the forum, but hey ho.) One day I was cooking dinner, and was getting a bit emotional at how I couldn’t smell any part of what I was making. (Chopping and cooking onions with no sense of smell is the weirdest sensation.) My boyfriend walked in, and innocently said “ooh dinner smells nice” – I turned around, tears welling up in my eyes and exclaimed “DOES IT?!?!” Bless him, he had no idea what he was walking into and was just trying to pay me a compliment! Within a few seconds I realised how ridiculous the situation was and we both burst out laughing.

Not that I want to poke fun at a really serious and scary time @Sky999 , just hoping that it might make you laugh or feel a bit less alone. I was worried for a while that my smell wouldn’t ever come back, but in the last few weeks it has definitely improved in dribs and drabs. Hopefully yours will too, and I hope you and your boyfriend and family are all doing well. apple01

heartheartheart

Thank you for your story. a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

The first three weeks I had like a burnt rubber/plastic/chemical smell in my nose.  Now I just dont have much smell apart from when we burn wood in the backyard.  I’ve said losing curse and bless because at least I don’t have to smell horrible things. a-hard-days-night-paul-5

The following people thank Sky999 for this post:

kelicopter
7 December 2020
2.52am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
13935sp_Permalink sp_Print

Our power was out all day for maintenance, and my telco is doing mobile network upgrades so reception was basically nonexistant until late afternoon. And it was raining. Normally I’d try to play guitar or something in this scenario but because my mum works from home, I couldn’t even do that.

I can’t believe how many notifications I get in a day though. Normally I deal with them as they come in, but today they all came in in one big batch, and I realised how interconnected I am and how much of my communication relies on the internet. 

Especially the forum – can’t arrange to meet any of you at the park, there’d need to be a few plane trips first!a-hard-days-night-john-6

WeepingAtlasCedars

aus-flag-v-small.png

7 December 2020
2.41pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
13936sp_Permalink sp_Print

Feck! I left a hob on my cooker on all weekend. Last thing I cooked was a steak on Friday. Had a Chinese takeaway Saturday and its leftovers Sunday. Was surprised when the electric went out yesterday. Just walked into the kitchen and noticed the right front hob was on full. Feck! Kitchen’s currently the warmest room in the flat, but a damn expense way to heat it!

blue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanie

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

7 December 2020
8.57pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
13937sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

A dear friend from high school died of covid last night.  She was one of my “sisters” in our Sisterhood of the Travelling Bracelet.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

lovelyritametermaid
7 December 2020
9.12pm
Vera Chuck and Dave
Carnegie Hall
Members
13938sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
A dear friend from high school died of covid last night.  She was one of my “sisters” in our Sisterhood of the Travelling Bracelet.

oh no, I’m so sorry! if you need to talk, the inbox is open

Ahhh Girl, The Hole Got Fixed, lovelyritametermaid
8 December 2020
11.24pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
13939sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Sending love AG. That’s awful news. 

Hope you can remember those good times you had. heart

Likewise, if you need to talk my inbox is always open. 

sir walter raleigh, Ahhh Girl, lovelyritametermaid

aus-flag-v-small.png

9 December 2020
2.56am
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
13940sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

I am so, so sorry to hear that, AG. Sending lots of love to you in this difficult time. heart

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

Ahhh Girl, lovelyritametermaid

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2857
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690