Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
10 September 2020
1.58pm
Jules
In your wildest dreams
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 690
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
13801sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

My mother tested positive three days ago, and we all freaked out. She was very suspicious about it so she tested herself a second time and it came out negative. We’re in isolation anyways, but I think we’re off danger. Weird.

The following people thank Jules for this post:

kelicopter

the watusi

the twist

10 September 2020
7.44pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
13802sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh dear, @kelicopter , that sounds no fun! Please get tested if you show any other symptoms, but in the meanwhile: take care of yourself. Catch up on some movies, do a Beatles marathon… Try to make the best of it, I guess. Hope your sister is ok.

@Jules , that’s not fun. Could have been a false positive, or perhaps she had it weeks ago and between tests recovered enough that the test didn’t pick it up. Regardless, hope she’s better. 

Stay safe people, it’s everywhere.blue-meanie

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Jules, kelicopter

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

11 September 2020
7.00am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
13803sp_Permalink sp_Print

kelicopter said
Not sure if this should be on the coronavirus thread, but it seems more fitting here:

I’m currently self isolating for 2 weeks after coming into contact with my sister, who then tested positive. I’m about 6 days in and feeling okay, a bit tight chested but unsure whether that’s just how anxious I am about the whole situation. I’m also social distancing from my other half just in case, he’s sleeping in the spare room (which is his home office/gaming room anyway so he’s happy enough!)

It’s hard being separated from the person you love. Have you gotten tested? If your negative, maybe you could end the isolation early.

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

kelicopter

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

11 September 2020
11.31am
kelicopter
Sitting in an English Garden
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1101
13804sp_Permalink sp_Print

Starr Shine? said 

It’s hard being separated from the person you love. Have you gotten tested? If your negative, maybe you could end the isolation early.

The number of cases is on the rise in the UK atm, so tests are a bit harder to come by and the advice is not to get one unless you have symptoms. The 14 day isolation is the NHS guideline, regardless of the test result, and my work is being really understanding. And today I’m feeling okay.

We did get my mum tested as she has previously had some health issues. She tested negative and has had no symptoms so far, thankfully. 

The Hole Got Fixed said
Oh dear, @kelicopter , that sounds no fun! Please get tested if you show any other symptoms, but in the meanwhile: take care of yourself. Catch up on some movies, do a Beatles marathon… Try to make the best of it, I guess. Hope your sister is ok.

Stay safe people, it’s everywhere.blue-meanie

Thanks for everyone’s messages. I second this sentiment from THGF, stay vigilant because it is still a very real and scary thing!!

The following people thank kelicopter for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, sigh butterfly

I think it's great you're going through a phase,

and I'm awfully glad it'll all be over in a couple

of days

funniestpost-3.png 2020

11 September 2020
10.45pm
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
13805sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good news @kelicopter.  For sure being exposed is not a sure thing. My niece got the virus but her daughter and husband didn’t. Until she showed symptoms and got tested she cooked, cleaned, hugged (in her words “we did regular mommy & daddy stuff”), and drove 100 miles together in a small car. Both her daughter and husband have been tested and the results came back clean. 

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

kelicopter, Beatlebug

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

15 September 2020
3.46pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
13806sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nothing, absolutely nothing.

The following people thank Necko for this post:

Jules

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

15 September 2020
6.55pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
13807sp_Permalink sp_Print

^Sounds luxurious.

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Jules

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

15 September 2020
7.23pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
13808sp_Permalink sp_Print

ESSAYSSSSSSS @lovelyritametermaid press F if you’re also drowning under the weight of your future as a collegiate almost-adult

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

15 September 2020
11.07pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5012
13809sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, in addition to getting divorced, selling the house, looking for a job and a new place to live, I am also definitely having hernia surgery. 2020.

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

16 September 2020
12.12am
JW OBoogie
Ouch! Ow Ow Ouch!
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 336
13810sp_Permalink sp_Print

Expert Textpert said
Well, in addition to getting divorced, selling the house, looking for a job and a new place to live, I am also definitely having hernia surgery. 2020.

Geez, it’s just not your year atm.

Hoping you find some improvement soon. Just try to get through each day with some sense of sanity left.

The following people thank JW OBoogie for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Expert Textpert, Beatlebug

Turn off your stream, relax and float down mind

16 September 2020
6.35am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
13811sp_Permalink sp_Print

If there’s a bright side to this ET, 2021 is going to feel like the best year ever for you. 

Try to stick with it – it’ll be Getting Better all the time (even if “it can’t get no worse”)

heart

Hope the hernia goes wellapple01

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Expert Textpert, Beatlebug

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

16 September 2020
11.06am
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
13812sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m sorry to hear that ET, good luck with the surgery :/

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

Expert Textpert

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

16 September 2020
1.27pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
13813sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s sad that every time I’ve checked on this thread recently, you’ve got one more piece of bad news on top of your pile. ahdn_george_05Wishing you all the best for your surgery and that things start improving for you going forward, ET. apple01heart

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

Expert Textpert, Expert Textpert, Beatlebug

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

16 September 2020
1.46pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5012
13814sp_Permalink sp_Print

On the bright side, my therapist says I’m unexpectedly grounded and making progress very fast.

The following people thank Expert Textpert for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars, QuarryMan

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

16 September 2020
2.15pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
13815sp_Permalink sp_Print

My heart goes out to you @Expert Textpert. I mean 2020 isn’t anyone’s year, but it seems to be screwing you over particularly. Stay grounded and keep making progress. apple01apple01apple01apple02heart

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

21 September 2020
2.50am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2143
13816sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve learned the university I attended is moving to the city. From a beautiful expansive campus with grass, great lecture theatres and library, to a skyscraper. It’s a downgrade to me, and makes me feel sad the current (soon to be former) campus will likely turn into a housing development. This is the place I became a big Beatles fan, walking the grounds during the day and night. It was a great environment for learning and creativity. It’s depressing when things from our past are no more. a-hard-days-night-paul-10

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, kelicopter, Beatlebug

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

21 September 2020
10.31am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24963
13817sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Despite having plans to go out my being has decided that walking is not going to happen. Always good to have a day of rest.

And after 4 to 5 months of doing 200+ hours every 4 weeks at work my hours will be going down. I have 3 days off in a row twice!!! I’ve been fortunate if I get two days these last few months. All could change.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

kelicopter, The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

21 September 2020
11.27am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
13818sp_Permalink sp_Print

Timothy said
I’ve learned the university I attended is moving to the city. From a beautiful expansive campus with grass, great lecture theatres and library, to a skyscraper. It’s a downgrade to me, and makes me feel sad the current (soon to be former) campus will likely turn into a housing development. This is the place I became a big Beatles fan, walking the grounds during the day and night. It was a great environment for learning and creativity. It’s depressing when things from our past are no more. a-hard-days-night-paul-10

There are places I remember all my life
Though some have changed
Some forever, not for better

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Timothy, Beatlebug
22 September 2020
1.23am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2143
13819sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

That’s the exact song I thought of too, @Ahhh Girl. 

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

Ahhh Girl

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

22 September 2020
6.51am
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
13820sp_Permalink sp_Print

So I’ve been meaning to post here for a while, because my life took a happy but hectic turn back in May, which turned into a devastating turn about 2 weeks ago.  Basically it’s why I haven’t been on the forum as much.

So back at the beginning of May I took a summer institute class(a Latter Day Saint College class) over zoom.  My first day online I got put into a breakout room for this activity we were doing and I flirted with this girl a bit and ended up giving her a nickname.  A week later after the next class ended she sent me an email through the school giving me her number and asking if I wanted to study the next class’s lesson with her at the park.  I ended up looking her up on Facebook and finding out she was a single mom of 3 kids, despite this I accepted her invite which I took to be a romantic advance.

I met her the next day and we had a nice conversation.  I wasn’t sure what to think of her, but I did find out she had been married twice to two abusive guys and was actually in the middle of her second divorce and had been for 6 months due to Coronavirus and the courts being postponed.  We met again 2 days later for another study session, then my buddy told me if I wanted to go further with her I would have to meet her kids, who she talked about all the time.  So I asked her exactly that, and she responded with basically that she didn’t want her kids thinking they had a new dad.

Then 2 days later, on a Sunday she texts me in the morning wishing she had help in the garden.  I told her I would come over and help her, but she didn’t want me over by myself because of the kids.  So then she went back and forth and finally just invited me over.  So I went over and spent the whole morning helping her with her garden. That’s when I started to really like her.  The next week consisted of friendzoning in the middle of helping her in her yard and then Friday and Saturday night being filled with phone calls till 1 in the morning having deep conversations with her opening up about a lot of her abuse.  Sunday was her birthday, then Monday… was memorial day.

Monday began with class in the morning. Then after I went grocery shopping with her for a memorial day party at her house(which I didn’t mention was actually her sister’s house that contained like 3 households in the family).  Later I ended up staying for the party which was awkward because her family kept looking at me with these judgemental eyes due to her track record with guys and the fact she was still legally married.  She saw I was feeling uneasy and talked to me a bit, until they were doing s’mores.  Then she left to go change a diaper and I was alone with her mom and her sister. Her sister began giving me this lecture warning me about going after her sister.  It really awkward and as soon as she got back I jumped up and walked to my car with her.  She apologized to me for her family’s antics gave me a hug and called me as soon as I got in the car.  We talked till I got home and slipped in my bed.  We got into a really deep conversation where what used to be my best memory happened.  She ended up saying how she was afraid she wouldn’t end up being my wife and basically proposed to me over the phone at midnight.  Knowing the situation and that we wouldn’t be able to ger married for a while I said yes.

After that the next 3 months were filled with me learning how to be a husband and a dad. However because of the divorce we couldn’t even kiss.  So I spent my time living the life with what I thought would be my future family along with praying the divorce would soon end.  I fell in love with the kids just as I did with her and things were going great.  However due to this I ended up no longer having time for my friends including my pals over here on the forum.  Time with them and you guys just got buried in the busyness of life at the mad house.

Things with her were going smooth until the end of August.  She out of nowhere told me she wasn’t ready for everything and needed 2 weeks of space where I needed to “improve”.  The 2 weeks turned into 3 days, which then we discussed slowing things down which I was alright with.  However I couldn’t help but feel that her love for me was now conditional to me meeting certian standards which she said wasn’t true.  Also I got in a minor car wreck the day we got back together and I’ve been careless since, although it should get out of the shop tomorrow.

Then about 2 days later she wanted to bring things back to the speed we were going, so I agreed.  Then the next week she slowly started distancing herself from me till finally Thursday she completely ignored me until the at night when she broke up with me over text.  Out of nowhere she told me to never call or text her again, and that she was blocking my number, and that if I came to her house she’d file for a restraining order, but we could still be friends and communicate over letters.

A week later I got a letter from her talking to me about her week like I was her friend, complete ignoring the harsh cutoff she gave a week earlier.  I wrote back and told her I was not going to ignore what had happened and that she had deeply hurt me after all the time and effort I had put into helping her and trying to be the best to be husband and father I could.  I said I did not deserve the way she treated me, and that of we were going to send letters we were going to talk about what happened and patch things up.

So yeah….  Now I’m back.

The following people thank William Shears Campbell for this post:

Jules, SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug, QuarryMan

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: vonbontee, Richard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24963, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694