Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
16 July 2020
5.14am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
13701sp_Permalink sp_Print

I tend to think that at this point it’s probably best to cut your losses and try to move on, sad as that is. Replace them with someone who actually returns your emails!

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Timothy, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

16 July 2020
10.06am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
13702sp_Permalink sp_Print

Holey is right. I’ve had to learn the hard way to let go of people who don’t respond to my showering them with attention, and focus on people who appreciate it.

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Timothy, QuarryMan, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

16 July 2020
8.29pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2129
13703sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said
Holey is right. I’ve had to learn the hard way to let go of people who don’t respond to my showering them with attention, and focus on people who appreciate it.

Yeah, I sorta knew that, but it’s good to see it being confirmed by you both. I think self worth reduces if you keep going back to someone who ignores you. But it’s so frustrating and does elicit murderous thoughts. Time to just move on.

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

17 July 2020
1.15pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
13704sp_Permalink sp_Print

I go to work or I go to sleep. That’s my days for the last month or so but it starts to ease a little on Thursday where I get a whole two days off in a row.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

20 July 2020
7.46am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
13705sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m happy with work and life’s going smooth. Weekend was relaxing! Looking forward to the next one.

And I’m still going strong with my hair. It’s looking really good now. 

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

20 July 2020
11.23am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
13706sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

To show how things are, I’m doing something like 10 days at work in 13, a month or so ago I was doing 10 days in 28 days (it’s also not your common 8 hour days). In total I’m doing about 3-and-a half months work in two months. Just how it is. These things happen every Now And Then , a cycle of the nature of the work. It’s not unique to me nor am I the only one in the sector doing it. Some do more than I. 

The Hole Got Fixed, Von Bontee, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

22 July 2020
10.50pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5011
13707sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just felt like sending out a general apology to anyone I’ve ever pissed off on this forum. I’ve been making amends with various people in my life today. You know, Give Peace A Chance

The following people thank Expert Textpert for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl, Jules, sigh butterfly, Von Bontee, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

23 July 2020
10.19am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
13708sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m glad you’re sticking it out here, @Expert Textpert. As in all relationships, there will be bumpy moments, but true bonds weather the storms and become stronger. Communication and trying to get to the bottom of what others are thinking and feeling so that you know where they are coming from* are the keys to understanding. If you do find out that someone is dark of heart once you really understand where they are coming from, then, yeah, you probably want to put some space between you and them, but I don’t think 99% of the people that come on to this forum are dark of heart. Opinions sometime vary, and sometimes eyes need to be opened (I’ve been put in my place a few times by posts that have revealed things to me that I haven’t seen about my thinking before) and reasoned explanations help us all grow in some way or another.

*OK, I admit that sometimes I have a tendency to go too far in trying to drag words out of people to make them make me understand them. I have to learn to balance my quest for understanding and letting things pass.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Expert Textpert, Jules, sigh butterfly, The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars
23 July 2020
11.14am
Jules
In your wildest dreams
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 690
13709sp_Permalink sp_Print

That’s so kind @expert-texpert I extend my apologies to you as well as I may have reacted too harshly.

On a similar note, I’ve recently made amends with my older brother whom I’ve been in bad terms with for the past 10 years and I’m very excited about it. He’s a music devote just like me, and our rivalry has always stepped in the way. I though I would never want to be on good terms again after an old fight, but it’s one of the healthiest decision I’ve made this year.

Also on an unrelated note I just saw Hamilton and oh my God is it good. I waited since it came out without even hearing the songs so I could see it fresh on recording. Kind of late to jump on the bandwagon but I really loved it. I’ve seen it like 3 times already.

The following people thank Jules for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Expert Textpert, kelicopter, Little Piggy Dragonguy, sigh butterfly, The Hole Got Fixed, Von Bontee, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

the watusi

the twist

23 July 2020
8.57pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
13710sp_Permalink sp_Print

A few weeks ago I was having chest pain which was the worst pain I’ve ever felt in my life. I realized that I was dying and that I wouldn’t make it through the night. I was afraid at first, but then I had an overwhelmingly calm feeling come over me and I accepted my death. I left my body in that moment and my mind started going over all the petty things I hold anger over, and I thought about how in the grand scheme of life, none of my mundane problems are worth the negative energy I give to them. It was the most at peace I have ever felt in my life.

I didn’t end up dying that night

The following people thank Little Piggy Dragonguy for this post:

Jules, sigh butterfly, Expert Textpert, The Hole Got Fixed, Von Bontee, WeepingAtlasCedars

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

23 July 2020
9.37pm
Jules
In your wildest dreams
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 690
13711sp_Permalink sp_Print

But are you ok?a-hard-days-night-ringo-7What was that pain?

the watusi

the twist

23 July 2020
10.20pm
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
13712sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Yes, there could be many causes for those symptom, both major and minor. Your Doc will probably want to hook you up for an EKG to start with.

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

Jules

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

23 July 2020
10.24pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
13713sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah, it wasn’t anything serious. My doctor thinks it was costochondritis. I was in constant pain for like a week, but have felt fine ever since. 

The following people thank Little Piggy Dragonguy for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Jules, sigh butterfly, Von Bontee, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

24 July 2020
1.36am
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5448
13714sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Jesus Feck, how horrible to have a week-long chest-pain scare (personal mystical revelation or not)a-hard-days-night-ringo-6Glad the doctor thinks it’s nothing much to worry about. heart

My sister and family just returned to their fairly isolated (and practically untouched by coronavirus) Northern Ontario home after a pleasant weeklong southern poolside visit – a regular round-trip July journey made more difficult this year due to the USA/Canada border closure. Usually takes six hours, 99% of that time spent on a single interstate highway in the U.S. (Michigan). New route now: a long & winding assortment of roads encircling the world’s fourth-largest lake, takes twice as long whether leaving and arriving – enervating car rides for two adults/kid/dog. But it was lovely seeing loved ones, and Katie/Von Niece (now 11) notably reacted to “Eleanor Rigby ” on the radio, so that’s obviously cool too!

The following people thank Von Bontee for this post:

sigh butterfly, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

24 July 2020
10.46am
Tony Japanese
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 913
13715sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tony Japanese said
In roughly six days time my wife and I will responsible for the welfare of a Tiny Japanese. 

An update:

Tiny Japanese was born at the end of January. Next week she will be six months old. She has been exposed to many Beatles songs already*. Our favourites** include:

Here Comes The Sun

In My Life

Rocky Racoon

*It’s worrying how often I forget the lyrics to songs I’ve listened to hundreds of times when I haven’t got the recording to back me up.

** The songs we sing most often.

The following people thank Tony Japanese for this post:

sigh butterfly, Ahhh Girl, Jules, The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, AppleScruffJunior, Von Bontee, WeepingAtlasCedars
24 July 2020
12.14pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
13716sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you for the update on Tiny, @Tony Japanese. heart Maybe Tiny will join the forum one of these years. Here’s Tiny’s first forum apple apple01

Beatlebug, Von Bontee
24 July 2020
1.34pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
13717sp_Permalink sp_Print

This morning, I successfully navigated my library association’s first ever virtual Leadership Retreat. “I was nervous, but I did it.” (Queenie Eye ) A couple of people have emailed me to say they really enjoyed it. I’ll send out a formal eval later today.

Each person had to attend a Marketing and Communications meeting earlier this week. During those meetings, people introduced themselves and told one fun fact about themselves. So today, I called on people and had them tell the fun fact about someone who was in their M&C meeting. People could guess or say if they knew who it was. Then the person revealed that they were the one who said that fun fact and then told us about their position and group in the library association. One person said that her mom picked her middle name out of the phone book. Of course, I had to tell the story of how John and Paul picked the name Father McKenzie from the phone book. BEATLES AT WORK!!!

sigh butterfly, The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, Von Bontee, WeepingAtlasCedars
24 July 2020
2.50pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
13718sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve built a sofa bed, done some tidying up, ate, walked, slept and generally oodled about at my own leisure the last two days. It has a weird holiday out-of-captivity feel to it all and all in a good way.

sigh butterfly, The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, WeepingAtlasCedars

24 July 2020
11.33pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
13719sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I haven’t fallen off the face of the earth while the forum has, apparently, been weathering dramatic thunderstorms with epic lightning and near-death experiences… I just got a different phone, had login issues, and was on vacation by the seaside under very relaxing and escapist circumstances… but I’m back now a-hard-days-night-george-9 hey everyone john-lennon-salute_gif No great mystic revelations here but I had a nice time and it’s good to be back. apple01

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, sigh butterfly, Von Bontee, Jules, Ahhh Girl, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

25 July 2020
5.37am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
13720sp_Permalink sp_Print

Getting a hair trim on Wednesday, it actually helps with growing.  
Went for a walk today in the countryside, which was really relaxing. Sunday tomorrow – weekend’s not done yet!

The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: GlassOnion
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22212, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691