Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
3 June 2020
11.47am
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
13621sp_Permalink sp_Print

lovelyritametermaid said
I can’t stand the lack of communication that goes on around my school– one teacher told me that I don’t need to turn in my school computer if I have summer work, and the principal also tells me the same when I ask, but then the freaking administrative secretary tells me that I need to turn it in no matter what when I show up to collect stuff from my locker and drop off my textbooks and I leave my school computer at home. Feck this, I’m just gonna keep it until they realize in a couple of weeks or so that I’m not gonna turn it in.

Also I’m pissed b/c I can’t take computer science this year b/c AP Calc is scheduled during the same period for next year, which doesn’t make sense b/c there are literally so many seniors who requested both AP Calc AB and Comp Sci– didn’t they realize this when they were making the master schedule? I swear my school literally runs on the most illogical of thinking smh paul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gif 

I’ve also discovered I have a scheduling conflict so I likely won’t be able to take my elective of choice. I’m probably the only person signed up for both of the conflicting classes, so it makes sense at least, but it’s still quite irritating.

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

4 June 2020
4.24am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
13622sp_Permalink sp_Print

Afraid internet problems aren’t solved. Damn! Ray is going to order a new dongle (in case there’s a problem with that) and a USB hub. If those don’t solve it this laptop may need returning as faulty.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

4 June 2020
8.40pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
13623sp_Permalink sp_Print

So the musical I wrote with two friends that we were directing at the school we graduated from last year has now officially been cancelled. paul-mccartney

Looks like I’ll have to find something else to do for this year… oh wait…a-hard-days-night-paul-10

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Jules, WeepingAtlasCedars, SgtPeppersBulldog, sigh butterfly

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

4 June 2020
8.53pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3761
13624sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8That really sucks. Hopefully you’ll get an opportunity to have it staged at some point in the future, writing a musical is an awesome achievement!

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, lovelyritametermaid, Jules, WeepingAtlasCedars, SgtPeppersBulldog

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

4 June 2020
10.22pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5012
13625sp_Permalink sp_Print

Vera Chuck and Dave said
Trying to quit drinking and it’s hard.

Send me a private message if you want.

The following people thank Expert Textpert for this post:

Ahhh Girl, sir walter raleigh, vonbontee, Pablo Ramon

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

4 June 2020
10.37pm
Jules
In your wildest dreams
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 690
13626sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Hole Got Fixed said
So the musical I wrote with two friends that we were directing at the school we graduated from last year has now officially been cancelled. paul-mccartney

Looks like I’ll have to find something else to do for this year… oh wait…a-hard-days-night-paul-10

I hope for the best in the future, Holey ahdn_george_05ahdn_george_05

I would love for you to get it recorded and send it our wayahdn_john_08_gif

The following people thank Jules for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed

the watusi

the twist

5 June 2020
5.58am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2146
13627sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Been really enjoying sleep recently. Going to bed earlier and having regular dreams, being nice and warm while it’s cold outside. Love it.

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, SgtPeppersBulldog, The Hole Got Fixed, lovelyritametermaid, sir walter raleigh, WeepingAtlasCedars, Jules

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

5 June 2020
6.27am
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
13628sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sorry for not really posting this last week or so. Kind of a combination of another mini burn out, my interests going to other bands and just the whole seriousness and depressing feeling I’ve got from everyone on social media since what happened happened. Gonna try some things to get me feeling better in the next few days (Timothy, a few early nights for myself might do the trick a-hard-days-night-john-6) , as I have to submit some music for a university as well as a Zoom audition soon. The status of my college EP project has gone through a change but it’s a quite a bit to go into, plus Holey is the only one here I’ve been talking to every now and again about it, so yeah. Maybe I’ll say about that in a post later or tomorrow. Anyways, I hope all of you in Forumpool are doing well and safe! apple01heart

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, lovelyritametermaid, sigh butterfly, WeepingAtlasCedars

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

5 June 2020
6.44am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22240
13629sp_Permalink sp_Print

Expert Textpert said

Vera Chuck and Dave said

Trying to quit drinking and it’s hard.

Send me a private message if you want.

@Vera Chuck and Dave, I wanted to make sure you saw Expert-Textpert’s offer to listen/help.

9 June 2020
8.36am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
13630sp_Permalink sp_Print

Been resisting the urge to spend on eBay items for months, especially when I was at home during the lockdown period. It’s been tempting, but I’ve resisted every desire. Pretty proud of myself, it’s real mental discipline.

Also my hair length is basically my avatar now. 

SgtPeppersBulldog

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

9 June 2020
9.23am
Pablo Ramon
Some Time in NYC
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 687
13631sp_Permalink sp_Print

Timothy said
Been resisting the urge to spend on eBay items for months, especially when I was at home during the lockdown period. It’s been tempting, but I’ve resisted every desire. Pretty proud of myself, it’s real mental discipline.

Also my hair length is basically my avatar now. 

Being unable to go out and spend money on other stuff or to travel, I have not retrained myself very much on eBay lately….My Beatles collection continues to grow…

9 June 2020
5.41pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
13632sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, I got the new USB hub today. Very nice, four ports available, all can be switched on and off independently. Only time I’ve needed to reboot was after the laptop went into sleep mode as Nasty went into sleep mode for a few hours after staying awake for a pre-8am delivery. And all I had to do was turn off the switch and turn it back on, rather than yank it out and back in again. Pointing to the right again and no sign of a problem.

The new dongle also arrived. Much more interesting than I thought, if I can work out the payment method. It’s an unlocked dongle, which means I can stick any SIM into it to activate, including my current SIM, which is what I planned to do; however, it came with a free SIM from SMARTY whose service is also provided by my current provider, 3, but there’s a bit of a difference. Best I get from 3 is £25 for 7GBs, SMARTY offer 30GBs for £10, unlimited for £20 a month, with a monthly renewable contract.

I need to work out just which deals are open to cash Pay-As-You-Go. I can often spend approaching £200 a month on the interweb, if I can get that down to £20… beatlemaniacs_02_gifbeatlemaniacs_02_gifbeatlemaniacs_02_gif …or even £30 or £60… beatlemaniacs_02_gifbeatlemaniacs_02_gifpaul-mccartney-thumb_gif …a huge difference to my monthly outgoings if I can work it out.

The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars, Ahhh Girl

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

9 June 2020
6.14pm
Jules
In your wildest dreams
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 690
13633sp_Permalink sp_Print

Timothy said
Been really enjoying sleep recently. Going to bed earlier and having regular dreams, being nice and warm while it’s cold outside. Love it.

I’ve recently been able to go to sleep early and I totally get what you mean, I feel so cozy.

Also, @Timothy, were are you from? I understand in the US and UK it is summer right now.

the watusi

the twist

9 June 2020
6.18pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
13634sp_Permalink sp_Print

Timothy, like myself, is suffering through an Australian summer (albeit on the other side of the continent). Currently, I’m sitting in my chair, with my feet up, dressing-gown on, and a blanket… but realising I forgot to turn the heater on so at some point soon I’ll have to actually get upa-hard-days-night-paul-3and turn the heater on.

Aussie problemsa-hard-days-night-paul-10

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Jules, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

9 June 2020
6.30pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
13635sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Jules said

Timothy said

I’ve recently been able to go to sleep early and I totally get what you mean, I feel so cozy.

Also, @Timothy, were are you from? I understand in the US and UK it is summer right now.

Well, speaking for the UK, weeks of heat during lockdown, starts being relaxed and a bit of chill sets in. Lower than average temperatures, which is saying something for a British summer that have no floods in sight… but, oh yeah, we got those before the virus… hard to keep track of this year…

…so far!!! a-hard-days-night-george-10

Jules, kelicopter, QuarryMan, WeepingAtlasCedars

10 June 2020
12.15am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
13636sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Jules said

Timothy said

I’m from Western Australia. 

It’s so tempting to stay up late but a good sleep is incredibly beneficial for getting through the next day. It’s like a superpower, because not many do it.

The Hole Got Fixed, Jules

11 June 2020
8.32am
Pablo Ramon
Some Time in NYC
Hollywood Bowl
Members
13637sp_Permalink sp_Print

After repeated complaints to the postal service, I finally received a couple of albums that I bought on eBay in early May, which complete my collection of the U.S. Beatles LPs. I’ve already moved on to collecting (1) oddities like the Hamburg material and spoken word stuff, e.g. “The American Tour With Ed Rudy” etc. (2) early Beatles ripoffs like The Liverpools or Beats!!! and (3) 45’s and EPs. I guess next are the UK LPs up to and including Revolver . I’m having fun recollecting this stuff. I had a huge collection of vinyl (over 1,000 lps) which I sold in the 90’s – it included most of the U.S. Beatles LPs I had collected when I was growing up. 

This is just such a weird and trying time in life. Cooped up at home for months, leaving only to buy groceries or do my volunteer work, losing family members and friends to COVID, wanting to join the BLM protests but being too afraid of getting COVID to do so (I have several underlying conditions which make me vulnerable including Type 2 diabetes), and just last week we lost an extended family member to suicide. All the while my work is getting busier and busier and I’m 4 months sober. I just wonder what the rest of this crazy year will bring…

The following people thank Pablo Ramon for this post:

kelicopter, sigh butterfly, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars
11 June 2020
9.15am
kelicopter
Sitting in an English Garden
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1107
13638sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wow @Pablo Ramon that does sound like a lot to deal with, and that’s all on top of the normal Covid/lockdown related stresses! I hope your year looks up, and I’m glad you finally received your LPs apple01

My news is, my start date back to work has been delayed a couple of times to align with non essential businesses reopening in the UK / waiting for business to pick back up, etc (although can’t complain too much about the extra time at home). Also my parents are moving, and as their new living situations aren’t suitable for pets, our 14 year old cat has come to live with me! It’s still a novelty, have spent the last few days mainly watching her sleep; funnily enough she’s not as active as she used to be. mccartney-shrug_01_gif

The following people thank kelicopter for this post:

sigh butterfly, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars

I think it's great you're going through a phase,

and I'm awfully glad it'll all be over in a couple

of days

funniestpost-3.png 2020

11 June 2020
9.25am
Pablo Ramon
Some Time in NYC
Hollywood Bowl
Members
13639sp_Permalink sp_Print

kelicopter said
My news is, my start date back to work has been delayed a couple of times to align with non essential businesses reopening in the UK / waiting for business to pick back up, etc (although can’t complain too much about the extra time at home). Also my parents are moving, and as their new living situations aren’t suitable for pets, our 14 year old cat has come to live with me! It’s still a novelty, have spent the last few days mainly watching her sleep; funnily enough she’s not as active as she used to be. mccartney-shrug_01_gif

Thanks for the kind words.

I’m looking to adopt a cat myself at the moment. I live in an urban area and a house down the block is under renovation. The day they started working on the basement, we had a visit from a mouse. And then another one yesterday. This happened once before when a neighbor had construction happening and the ONLY thing that really works to rid the place of mice is having a cat. 

The following people thank Pablo Ramon for this post:

kelicopter, sigh butterfly, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars
11 June 2020
11.56pm
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
13640sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well during this virus stuff I’ve put a lot of time into working on my music collection and building a proper HiFi system.  I’ve purchased a new Turntable and a new Amplifier, and I am waiting to get a new set of speakers and then plan to get a new CD player.  The next step would to get a proper tape deck and start to add some cassettes to my collection.  I have a specific one I want and am planning on buying it on eBay on auction in order to get it potentially cheaper than usual.

Other than that my life is boring, except I’ve started dating someone…sort of…its complicated, but we’re crazy about each other and she loves every Beatles thing I show her.

The following people thank William Shears Campbell for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars, kelicopter, Pablo Ramon

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: meanmistermustard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5520
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22240, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694