Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
21 May 2020
12.46pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
13561sp_Permalink sp_Print

hope y’all are all good @Turn Left At Greenland and @Pablo Ramon apple01

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Pablo Ramon, The Hole Got Fixed, Turn Left At Greenland, WeepingAtlasCedars, Jules

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

21 May 2020
1.00pm
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
13562sp_Permalink sp_Print

I really hope things turn out okay for, @Turn Left At Greenland! And I’m sorry to hear about your funk, @Pablo Ramon– it sucks to fall into an emotional swamp, but I’m glad that the Beatles managed to lift your spirits a bit (albeit indirectly) paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

Today I took my last Honors Physics test of the year– it won’t be my last physics test, ever, of course since I’m taking AP Physics next year. I’m kind of upset, though, because my teacher hasn’t really been that attentive to us since quarantine started– I probably should be more forgiving and assume that she has stuff going on at home (she has a two-year-old that she has to teach and entertain all day so I bet that’s no fun), but still even with us being limited by being restricted to online, I had hoped that we would’ve delved deeper into our later units of electricity and such because I’m a huge nerd *sigh* but I guess I have AP Physics next year to hopefully make up for it. Also learned my last pre-calculus lesson today– next week’s our last quiz of the year. And I took my last French test yesterday. For the last week of AP Lang, my teacher’s gonna help us write college essays, which I look forward to since we won’t be working on anything of the sort in AP Literature next year, and it would be very beneficial to receive an attentive and guiding hand when writing something like college essays. 

The school year’s coming to a rather quick yet eerie close, or so it seems to me a-hard-days-night-paul-10

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

Pablo Ramon, Beatlebug, Turn Left At Greenland, WeepingAtlasCedars, Jules

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

21 May 2020
1.31pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22227
13563sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I hope your doctors get it figured out soon, @Turn Left At Greenland. Not knowing is hard.

@Pablo Ramon, I’m glad you’re not so down that you don’t feel like talking to us. Take care and Beatles on.

In my life…a 1 hour webinar on COVID-19 and the Well-being of Library Workers. Shhh, the speaker, the ALA president, is starting…

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Pablo Ramon, Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, Turn Left At Greenland, WeepingAtlasCedars, Jules
21 May 2020
1.38pm
Pablo Ramon
Some Time in NYC
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 687
13564sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for the well-wishes.

Like a lot of people I suffer from depression that is more than cyclical or seasonal. I take an anti-depressant as well as an anti-anxiety and those things help. I also meditate and practice DBT and that helps too but…sometimes it gets the better of me.

The following people thank Pablo Ramon for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, Jules, The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl, Turn Left At Greenland, WeepingAtlasCedars
21 May 2020
9.51pm
Turn Left At Greenland
Writing home every day
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 192
13565sp_Permalink sp_Print

I feel ya, @Pablo Ramon. Sometimes I feel like managing my mental health can be a full-time job–and I think I have it way easier than some of my friends. 

lovelyritametermaid said

because I’m a huge nerd *sigh*

As a fellow nerd (though math and science have never been my thing–I’m more of a humanities nerd), I say wear the label proudly. The world would be so much less interesting if it wasn’t fully of utterly obsessed people (I mean, isn’t that what this forum is for anyway? ahdn_john_08_gif)

The following people thank Turn Left At Greenland for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, Pablo Ramon, WeepingAtlasCedars, Jules

"And life flows on within you and without you"

"I guess I just wasn't made for these times"

22 May 2020
11.06am
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
13566sp_Permalink sp_Print

lovelyritametermaid said
I really hope things turn out okay for, turn-left-at-greenland! And I’m sorry to hear about your funk, pablo-ramon– it sucks to fall into an emotional swamp, but I’m glad that the Beatles managed to lift your spirits a bit (albeit indirectly) paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

Today I took my last Honors Physics test of the year– it won’t be my last physics test, ever, of course since I’m taking AP Physics next year. I’m kind of upset, though, because my teacher hasn’t really been that attentive to us since quarantine started– I probably should be more forgiving and assume that she has stuff going on at home (she has a two-year-old that she has to teach and entertain all day so I bet that’s no fun), but still even with us being limited by being restricted to online, I had hoped that we would’ve delved deeper into our later units of electricity and such because I’m a huge nerd *sigh* but I guess I have AP Physics next year to hopefully make up for it. Also learned my last pre-calculus lesson today– next week’s our last quiz of the year. And I took my last French test yesterday. For the last week of AP Lang, my teacher’s gonna help us write college essays, which I look forward to since we won’t be working on anything of the sort in AP Literature next year, and it would be very beneficial to receive an attentive and guiding hand when writing something like college essays. 

The school year’s coming to a rather quick yet eerie close, or so it seems to me a-hard-days-night-paul-10

I thought about taking honors physics but I heard it was a) math-based and b) hard so I declined. That’s cool that you’re doing it though, it does seem like an interesting subject. 

I was sort of subconsciously equating the end of AP tests with the end of the school year, but we still have some more time, so it feels sort of like it’s being dragged out for me. And of course every time I look outside there’s beautiful summer weather, so that’s not helping things. 

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, Jules

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

24 May 2020
2.50am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
13567sp_Permalink sp_Print

My days currently consist of go to work, get exhausted thru bad health days, sleep and recover, go to work, get exhausted thru…

In other news I now have 24 of the 26 volumes to complete the Peanuts collection with the other two on the way. I also bought the ‘Dell Archive’ which are Peanuts strips that were published outside of the comic strips and ‘The Complete Peanuts Family Album’ which is a cool way of figuring out who everyone is over the years.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Jules, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

24 May 2020
3.43am
Jules
In your wildest dreams
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 690
13568sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve been working from Mondays – Fridays, self-appointed hours, but work is getting thinera-hard-days-night-ringo-14So I’ve been playing GTA III from time to time.

I know I said I was playing San Andreas but half way through I thought “this is wrong – I should play the entire PS2 trilogy in order” because I’m an OCD bitch. So now I downloaded the three og games hell yeah best trilogy of all time. Having a blast with my free time and I have high hopes for work to start over again after quarantine so I don’t lose sleep over it.

Started exercising more regularly given my free time and I quit Nesquik a month ago so I’m feeling good, y’all stay healthy as wella-hard-days-night-ringo-15

I’ve been trying to make some music but there’s a lack of confidence y’know but I’m really trying. Tomorrow I think I’ll do something about it.

Also a friend of mine who works for delivery is saving my life and tomorrow’s gonna hand me a “bag”apple01I hope y’all got a friend like that in your lives. Of course under the conditions of full mask/gloves/cleansing protection.

I’m really reaching a high emotional point during lockdown and I just hope for everybody to find their happy place in all this mess. It pains me to see some of you aren’t doing too well and if it serves for something I reached bottom a couple of weeks ago but I’m feeling better nowa-hard-days-night-paul-8a-hard-days-night-paul-8Just remember sunrise doesn’t last all morning, a cloudburst doesn’t last all dayahdn_george_05

The following people thank Jules for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars, kelicopter, Beatlebug

the watusi

the twist

24 May 2020
7.09am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2145
13569sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m going well. I went home for the weekend for the first time in eight weeks, which was nice. Back at my place again now for work. Storms have started here so it will be raining all week, which is great in terms of atmosphere. My hair really is coming along nicely now. Not quite as long as my avatar but gradually getting there. 

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

Jules, WeepingAtlasCedars, kelicopter, Beatlebug

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

24 May 2020
1.49pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
13570sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m now working six of the next seven days so, despite the nice sunny weather, I am watching ‘Columbo’ and doing nothing before, at 10pm, I get organised for the days ahead before bed.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Jules, WeepingAtlasCedars, kelicopter

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

25 May 2020
2.28am
kelicopter
Sitting in an English Garden
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1106
13571sp_Permalink sp_Print

After being furloughed from my job for nearly two months, I am going back next Monday. Apparently with strict social distancing being set up in our office, but it’s still very nerve-wracking! I’ve been in my safe bubble at home!

Obviously I’m very fortunate that I haven’t been on the front line throughout all this. So much respect for all the key workers, especially considering they’re generally the most underappreciated and underpaid sectors!

The following people thank kelicopter for this post:

QuarryMan, lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

I think it's great you're going through a phase,

and I'm awfully glad it'll all be over in a couple

of days

funniestpost-3.png 2020

25 May 2020
9.58am
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
13572sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

This week’s my last week of junior year, oof. I’m done in most of my classes, but still. Also, I still have a bunch of stuff in my locker at my school that they haven’t let me collect yet nor have they let any students go to the school to collect stuff, soooooo idk what’s going to happen with that. Like my trumpet’s at the school, which I need back because it’s a rental, and I have books and stuff in my locker that I would like to have back. I also have a bunch of textbooks that I need to return to the school. Maybe they’ll do a thing soon where students can come in sporadically throughout the day and pick up their stuff and then return stuff and pick up stuff that they may need for summer homework?????

Anyhoo…..

Besides that, nothing much is going on besides my usual daily activities of doing chores, listening to music, walking my doggo, watching TV, and reading and junk. My brother and his dog visited us yesterday– he was in the area because he stopped by my Nona’s to cut her grass. I haven’t seen him in person since like Christmas, so it was cool to see him IRL again, even though it was from a 6 ft distance (we set up chairs in the backyard in a way that made it so that we could talk to him without being close to him). It’s weird distancing oneself even from your own brother, but it’s necessary (we were pissed though, because our neighbor had a bunch of non-household family over and they didn’t abide by social distancing measures at all. We could see them on their back porch getting all close with everyone– of course we were silently judging)

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

25 May 2020
11.52am
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
13573sp_Permalink sp_Print

^lucky you, I have a few more weeks… I wish we could have just stopped after AP tests :/

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

25 May 2020
9.50pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
13574sp_Permalink sp_Print

kelicopter said
After being furloughed from my job for nearly two months, I am going back next Monday. Apparently with strict social distancing being set up in our office, but it’s still very nerve-wracking! I’ve been in my safe bubble at home!

Obviously I’m very fortunate that I haven’t been on the front line throughout all this. So much respect for all the key workers, especially considering they’re generally the most underappreciated and underpaid sectors!  

Studies are coming out showing that home may not be the safe bubble you think it is, at least if you live with anyone else and/or go out to get groceries ever. Apparently the virus is more easily spread between people who live in close quarters, touching the same surfaces after picking it up at the grocery store, and are not getting the usual immune exercise that normally would combating everyday germs in the world. ahdn_paul_01

I did a feckton of yardwork today and I’m knackered, but want to do a bit of drawing before I hit the sack.

kelicopter

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

27 May 2020
2.14pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
13575sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Watching the Launch America live stream and notquitecrying proud-of-my-country-and-the-human-race tears. a-hard-days-night-paul-10heart

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

27 May 2020
7.04pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
13576sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said
Watching the Launch America live stream and notquitecrying proud-of-my-country-and-the-human-race tears. a-hard-days-night-paul-10heart

Gee this aged well…a-hard-days-night-paul-10

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

27 May 2020
8.00pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2145
13577sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m buying a new bookshelf today to store all my stuff in because I’ve got so much now. Looking forward to it, will be therapeutic placing everything in its new order. 

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, kelicopter, QuarryMan, Ahhh Girl, WeepingAtlasCedars

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

27 May 2020
9.24pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
13578sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Hole Got Fixed said

Gee this aged well…a-hard-days-night-paul-10  

Nah I’ve just paused it till Saturday. There was always a chance of its being cancelled, but I’m still proud of my country and race and all that.

The Hole Got Fixed

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

28 May 2020
8.30am
Pablo Ramon
Some Time in NYC
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 687
13579sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve been working like mad lately without even time to read the forum paul-mccartney. Destined to get even busier if our president carries out his threat to regulate social media. Very grateful to be working, don’t get me wrong…but would like it to be, I don’t know, a little more normal…

28 May 2020
9.52am
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
13580sp_Permalink sp_Print

Last pre-calculus quiz done! Now I just have to do my last bits of French and one last chemistry POGIL and then I’m done with junior year! paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars

||She/They ||

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694