Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
9 May 2020
9.59am
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
13521sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

lovelyritametermaid said

It also just hit me that if not for the coronavirus I’d be at prom right about now– living it up with my friends, dancing like a fool in a fab dress, shoes off and probably doing something that’s regrettable but felt right in the moment…..a-hard-days-night-paul-7 Oh well, I can always have hope to go to prom next year, right? Right? 

I’m desperately optimistic, y’all ahdn_paul_01a-hard-days-night-paul-10

I feel you @lovelyritametermaid , I’m supposed to be waking up at this hotel in Budapest this morning.

7189f464108f3eed103794563c6f20bf.jpgImage Enlarger

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

9 May 2020
10.12am
Jules
In your wildest dreams
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 690
13522sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Jules said
Then she a Honey Pie a-hard-days-night-paul-5

Beatlebug said
Chocolate, actually a-hard-days-night-george-4

Hey I was just making a joke… Can’t a woman make a joke around here anymore?

OMG PLOT TWIST JULES WAS FEMALE ALL ALONG!!

Nah, I’m kidding she wasn’t.

BUT WHAT IF…?!

The following people thank Jules for this post:

Beatlebug, QuarryMan, WeepingAtlasCedars

the watusi

the twist

9 May 2020
12.36pm
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
13523sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Jules  As Ray wrote, “it’s a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world”. For a few weeks I pictured you as a 20 year old French woman named Claire who made the best cappuccino on the Champs Elysées (and loves to talk music over the bar). Your actual story turns out to be just as exotic, so there you go. Social media impressions and the vision they imprint on your brain are interesting animals. For instance, I still picture that @vonbontee looks like Paul Simon (my mind follows the breadcrumbs from the apple avatar >> René Magritte >>> Simon’s song Rene and Georgette Magritte with their dog after the war). Even though I know what VB looks like I cannot break that association. 

ca2e378fc6153d74c6617dd2bd8aa1dd-art-garfunkel-paul-simon.jpgImage Enlarger

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

Beatlebug, Jules, WeepingAtlasCedars

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

9 May 2020
2.32pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
13524sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just got a text from Ray. My new laptop has been collected and he’ll drop it by around 5 tomorrow.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl, Turn Left At Greenland, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

9 May 2020
5.10pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
13525sp_Permalink sp_Print

Figuring I should do something earlier but having no desire to do anything of any effort, I made energy balls or whatever they are called. Oats, peanut butter, honey, banana and raisins shoved in a bowl, mixed and made into small balls, bundled into the fridge. Took all of five minutes but made me feel I had achieved some kind of life goal and the day had been highly successful.

This is how enthused I currently am.

netflix gifs Page 16 | WiffleGifImage Enlarger

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

10 May 2020
12.02am
Turn Left At Greenland
Writing home every day
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 192
13526sp_Permalink sp_Print

lovelyritametermaid said 

It also just hit me that if not for the coronavirus I’d be at prom right about now– living it up with my friends, dancing like a fool in a fab dress, shoes off and probably doing something that’s regrettable but felt right in the moment…..a-hard-days-night-paul-7 Oh well, I can always have hope to go to prom next year, right? Right? 

I’m desperately optimistic, y’all ahdn_paul_01a-hard-days-night-paul-10

That fact hit me the other day as well. I felt so bad for all you high schoolers. My college is having a virtual commencement on Monday–I’m just grateful I got to have my commencement last year even though I didn’t have everything finished. 

Though I would not recommend standing around for an hour or more when you are suffering from edema…

As for my life currently, I am trying my best to look for jobs and not despair too much about being stuck at home with my folks. My mom’s new chickens are growing so fast, and I’m beginning to actually like them. Cleaned my sheets and made my bed today, which was long overdue. My therapist cancelled this and next week’s appointments, which I’m a bit sad about, but oh well. Right now I’m waiting for my friend to call me so we can begin our semi-regular ritual of watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer (my friend’s favorite show) and sketches from Monty Python’s Flying Circus (my favorite show). Haven’t decided which sketch to show her, though I have a list of almost 30 (and yes, I did rank them all). 

The following people thank Turn Left At Greenland for this post:

sigh butterfly, meanmistermustard, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, lovelyritametermaid

"And life flows on within you and without you"

"I guess I just wasn't made for these times"

10 May 2020
1.24am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2144
13527sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ll be going back to work in the office full time in a week. This week I’ll be there for three days. 

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

meanmistermustard

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

10 May 2020
11.53am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
13528sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just finished set-up. First task…

This is Nasty typing at you, on his new laptop…

ahdn_john_08_gifahdn_john_08_gifahdn_john_08_gifahdn_john_08_gifahdn_john_08_gif

Now to get Opera, Avast, Open Office, Audacity, and other essentials downloaded…

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Ahhh Girl, sir walter raleigh, lovelyritametermaid, sigh butterfly, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, The Hole Got Fixed, Turn Left At Greenland, Timothy

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

12 May 2020
2.46am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
13529sp_Permalink sp_Print

So a few days ago I checked and noticed I had 497 songs on my phone.

I just downloaded two more (Come On To Me and Queenie Eye …. yes I’m quite late doing so), and it’s now at 496.

I found one of the missing songs (the first alphabetically), but now I know there are 2 songs that should be on my phone that aren’t. Only 2. I’m never going to notice which ones as I listen on shuffle pretty much 100% of the time.blue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanie

And I have so many one off songs by various bands

Arrrgh

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

12 May 2020
6.02am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
13530sp_Permalink sp_Print

Final exam of the undergrad done!

Image Enlarger

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, meanmistermustard, QuarryMan, lovelyritametermaid, Ahhh Girl, sigh butterfly, Beatlebug, Little Piggy Dragonguy, WeepingAtlasCedars

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

12 May 2020
9.19am
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
13531sp_Permalink sp_Print

On Mother ‘s Day, I made a very large amount of marbled (chocolate and vanilla swirled together) cupcakes, and since yesterday is my best-friend-of-all-time’s birthday and today is mine I’m going to go deliver some to her and she’s going to give me some buffalo chicken dip that she made (yum). I still have to do schoolwork today (boring), but I tried to get done whatever I could yesterday for today so I’d have a little more free time. Later, I’m making my birthday cake, Oreo cheesecake, with lovelymother. It’s going to be a really chill b-day today, though I might plan a Netflix Party/Zoom hangout with some of my friends for this weekend. 

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

sigh butterfly, Beatlebug, Getbackintheussr, WeepingAtlasCedars

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

13 May 2020
1.11am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2144
13532sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was feeling down last week, but this week I’m better. I think enough sleep is a big part of that as it recharges your mind and body. Whenever I’m feeling low I also look to quotes, and the recent Michael Jordan documentary has also been a source of inspiration. 

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

QuarryMan, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

13 May 2020
11.32am
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
13533sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said

Oh my, what havoc my 2 am PWT post caused billy-preston_01_gif

I suppose I should clarify, “dude” is gender-neutral when you’re using it as an expression or referring to a group, but when it’s singular/referring to an individual, it’s male. Anyway, ASJ is right.

I’m also a guitar sometimes, mostly on YouTube.

I use “dude” to refer to specific people all the time, male, female, or neither. But maybe that’s just my inner Californian speaking.

Also, I’M SO SORRY I THANKED MMM’S POST 8 TIMES I DID NOT EXPECT THAT

In my defense it made me laugh

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

13 May 2020
12.08pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
13534sp_Permalink sp_Print

Having worked for the first two days after 8 weeks off I’m knackered (it’s 14.5-hour shifts) so it’s a lazy day doing little except getting my daily 10k steps. 

Best Sleepy Snoopy GIFs | GfycatImage Enlarger

I absolutely love Snoopy.

The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars, sigh butterfly

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

13 May 2020
5.36pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
13535sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Having worked for the first two days after 8 weeks off I’m knackered (it’s 14.5-hour shifts) so it’s a lazy day doing little except getting my daily 10k steps. 

Same. I have about 42 of the 50 years of the strip, filling a shelf of my bookcase ahdn_john_08_gif

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars, sigh butterfly

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

14 May 2020
3.45am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
13536sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Hole Got Fixed said

meanmistermustard said

Same. I have about 42 of the 50 years of the strip, filling a shelf of my bookcase ahdn_john_08_gif

I’ve got from the beginning up to 1966 and whilst I’ve always planned on getting more they go for £15 per volume.

sigh butterfly

14 May 2020
3.52am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
13537sp_Permalink sp_Print

$30 here in Australia… you Brits are lucky with however economics workspaul-mccartney

Always thought mid-70s was the best ers personally.

sigh butterfly

aus-flag-v-small.png

14 May 2020
4.10am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
13538sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I grew up reading collections of various years so never got to appreciate the development but there is definitely an improvement in the strips from the early years, even in the mid-60’s you can clearly see the stories and characters develop. It’s so cool seeing Sally be introduced and how much Charlie loves her and when Linus first shows his belief in the Great Pumpkin it’s a great delight.

On the basis that all holidays are out as is going anywhere or doing anything, I’ve ordered all remaining volumes as hardbacks as that’s how I have the first eight (they’d look odd being a mixture of paperback and hardback). I had the world snooker championships booked for May and that plus my train fares were reimbursed so that helps towards the cost.

I absolutely adore Peanuts and being one of the few types of books I can read and get real enjoyment from why not as a complete collection is something I’ve always wanted. 

The Hole Got Fixed, sigh butterfly, WeepingAtlasCedars

14 May 2020
5.04am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
13539sp_Permalink sp_Print

Totally agree – and the addition of Rerun is gold, a brilliant exploration of American society at the time.

I too have them in hardback – and I’m sure you’d agree they look fantastic. A very well done collection.

sigh butterfly

aus-flag-v-small.png

14 May 2020
5.29am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
13540sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve read a few strips with Rerun and a good number of Peppermint Patty and Marcie but never in order as they were in various compilations so will be good to see them come in. I thought the cartoons were good but always preferred the books and I’ve refused to watch the movie that came out a few years back; I fear they will make Charlie into a winner and get the girl to keep it modern (can’t have a depressed kid) – and reading the plot on wiki confits it (tho only as friends when the film ends):

Before leaving school for the summer, Charlie Brown is surprised when the Little Red-Haired Girl chooses him for a pen pal. Linus convinces Charlie Brown he needs to tell the Little Red-Haired Girl how he feels about her before she leaves for the summer. Racing to her house, he discovers she is about to leave on a bus for summer camp. He tries to chase the bus but is prevented from reaching it. Just as he is about to give up, thinking the whole world is against him, Charlie Brown sees a kite fall from the Kite-Eating Tree. The string becomes entangled around his waist and sails away with him. Amazed to see Charlie Brown flying a kite, his friends follow.

Upon reaching the bus, Charlie Brown finally asks the Little Red-Haired Girl why she has chosen him in spite of his failures. The Little Red-Haired Girl explains she admires his selflessness and his determination and praises him as an honest, caring, and compassionate person. The two promise to write to one another; the other children congratulate him as a true friend and carry him off.

The Hole Got Fixed, sigh butterfly, WeepingAtlasCedars

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694