Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
18 April 2020
1.28am
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
13421sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, my graduation ceremony has been cancelled. I’m hoping they’ll have something at a later date, but I don’t know. I just might have to hold my own little event or something instead.derek-taylor_01_gif

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, QuarryMan, lovelyritametermaid, sir walter raleigh

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

18 April 2020
7.59am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3761
13422sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Do a Minecraft graduation!

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

18 April 2020
12.35pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
13423sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve done my self haircutting. Looks alright from the front and it’s less annoying than it was before so that is good enough for me. Simply went all over the head on one guard and then the beard on a shorter guard going down one at a time because, as said elsewhere on here, you cannot uncut your hair.

Have also purchased a food processor so I can bake easier and a jigsaw puzzle. Means there are more options as whilst it is sunny outside there is too much of a breeze to sit out there. Watching a lot of TV is soul-destroying, need distractions (like butterflies buzzing round my head).

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

18 April 2020
12.37pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
13424sp_Permalink sp_Print

QuarryMan said

. . .

how would that even work???

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

18 April 2020
12.50pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
13425sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said

QuarryMan said

. . .

Everyone joins a server where there is a recreation of whatever building the event would be in, and then potentially also joins a voice call to conduct the ceremony. I believe quite a few schools have done it this way. 

18 April 2020
7.48pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2143
13426sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

WeepingAtlasCedars said

Well, my graduation ceremony has been cancelled. I’m hoping they’ll have something at a later date, but I don’t know. I just might have to hold my own little event or something instead.derek-taylor_01_gif

That really sucks. No matter anyone’s opinion on these shutdowns, our lives are being taken from us. Time is a precious commodity. Hope you’re okay, but it’s hard, it’s really hard, and sometimes I feel like going down.

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

18 April 2020
9.38pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
13427sp_Permalink sp_Print

QuarryMan said

50yearslate said

QuarryMan said

. . .

Everyone joins a server where there is a recreation of whatever building the event would be in, and then potentially also joins a voice call to conduct the ceremony. I believe quite a few schools have done it this way. 

But how would that not become chaos? If it was in creative people would be spawning tarantulas and flying around and if it was in survival people would be killing each other.

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

18 April 2020
11.23pm
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
13428sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said

QuarryMan said

50yearslate said

QuarryMan said

. . .

But how would that not become chaos? If it was in creative people would be spawning tarantulas and flying around and if it was in survival people would be killing each other.

The owners of the server would just put it into Adventure Mode duh and there’s probably a really skilled Minecraft-server-builder out there who made a student-proof server specially-made for such an event. 

Now I’m actually really interested in how Minecraft graduations have been happening…..further research shall be done 

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars, QuarryMan

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

19 April 2020
1.05am
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
13429sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Lol at the Minecraft graduation idea. Sounds neat and all, but in addition to the issues Fiddy brought up, I don’t think a lot of parents and other such attendees would be too pleased with not only having to buy it to use once, but also having to learn to use it. a-hard-days-night-george-10That and, believe it or not, some people don’t have Wi-Fi or other technology necessary for that sort of thing to work at home. a-hard-days-night-paul-10

Timothy said

That really sucks. No matter anyone’s opinion on these shutdowns, our lives are being taken from us. Time is a precious commodity. Hope you’re okay, but it’s hard, it’s really hard, and sometimes I feel like going down.

Thank you for your concern. apple01 I think I’m doing alright, given the circumstances, but you’re right, it is very hard. I think the reason why I’m not as upset as I probably would be is because, like I said, I’m hanging on to the idea that they’ll plan some kind of event later. That way, even if we have to wait a little longer and it looks a little different from normal, we’ll still get something. It’d be a shame if they didn’t, seeing as we’ve worked and waited for so long for it. That’d feel like a big “f-you”, honestly.

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Timothy

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

19 April 2020
1.17am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
13430sp_Permalink sp_Print

A university (Newcastle, I think) in the UK held a virtual graduation ceremony for medical students on Zoom the other day, allowing all the students about to head onto the frontline to recite the Hippocratic oath together.

‘Twas very moving as you knew all those young faces were about to head into the biggest, and most dangerous, medical crisis in a hundred years.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug, QuarryMan

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

19 April 2020
3.38am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
13431sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Our medical graduations are happening virtually, mine won’t be towards the end of the year so hopefully an actual physical ceremony will be held.

Our Taoiseach (a doctor himself) and Health Minister have been recording messages for all of the new doctors that are graduating and they’re being incorporated into the graduations, it’s quite nice.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Ahhh Girl, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

20 April 2020
11.12pm
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
13432sp_Permalink sp_Print

So I forgot to do a conclusion paragraph for and turn in one of my rhetorical analysis essays for my AP English class and I just threw together a conclusion in 2 minutes and finished it at 11:58 and the essay was due at 11:59 this evening; however, because of stupid slow internet I turned it in at 12:01 grrrrr and now I really pray that my teacher doesn’t harp on me about it and forgives my turning it in 2 minutes late. I’m pretty sure she will considering that she is a very nice, lovely, understanding woman but I still have anxieties about this sort of thing because I had an English teacher last year (who I have next year as well for Literature oop) that was so anal about due dates on google classroom that if an assignment was due at 2:30 and we turned it in at 2:31 because of internet delay (like of what I just did) he would instantly give us a zero on the assignment no matter the perfectly true and reasonable excuse and no matter if we wrote a goddamn masterpiece or not (He also took off a lot of points because I didn’t print out my one essay last year because I literally couldn’t because my printer was broken Michael and the library was inconveniently closed all fecking week and don’t harp on me about responsibility when I literally have no way of printing it……overall he’s a lovely, kind, helpful man it’s just that he’s very strict and expectant when it comes to schoolwork and it makes me anxious, but the teacher I have now for English still gave me full credit for a printed assignment even when I could only print it out 3 days past the due date so I think she’ll forgive my one whoopsie this time…..I hope) 

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

21 April 2020
5.19am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
13433sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Teachers who get uppity about that sort of thing are the worst. 

I’m currently trying to pick my modules for next year. It’s tough, there are so many interesting looking options. 

lovelyritametermaid

21 April 2020
11.35am
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
13434sp_Permalink sp_Print

Everyone has to be flexible now and if your teachers get snippy about turning things in down to the minute that’s very rude. Plus, slow internet isn’t something you could help. I turned an English essay in a couple of hours late the other day (I thought it was due at midnight but it was due at nine in the morning) and I emailed my teacher to apologize and explain and they said it was totally fine. Hopefully everything will work out ok 🙂

lovelyritametermaid, QuarryMan, WeepingAtlasCedars

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

21 April 2020
6.42pm
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
13435sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said

I live in the South. Summer starts in May. a-hard-days-night-john-6

I look out the window and see (but I get the feeling it doesn’t see me) this right now:

IMAG44643.jpgImage Enlarger

u jelly a-hard-days-night-john-6

@Beatlebug as mentioned elsewhere, I thought the black form in the middle of the image looked like a bear. Maybe because this one waved to me a few weeks earlier, bears were on me mind. 

IMG_6992.jpegImage Enlarger

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

Beatlebug

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

21 April 2020
7.24pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
13436sp_Permalink sp_Print

Haha, nope, no bears in my vicinity. I’d have to go considerably west to find them. That’s just a common or garden garbage bin. a-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

sigh butterfly

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

21 April 2020
10.22pm
sigh butterfly
Rishikesh
Members
13437sp_Permalink sp_Print

giphy.gifImage Enlarger

I think I’m getting a little stir crazy @Beatlebug! I’ve listened to so much Zepplin lately, I’ve begun to re-experience long forgotten Middle Earth fantasies.

tumblr_mdihz94siV1rkn0nho1_400.gifImage Enlarger

Leaves are falling all around
It’s time I was on my way…

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

Beatlebug, QuarryMan, lovelyritametermaid, sir walter raleigh

You and I have memories

21 April 2020
10.35pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
13438sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh I love that Bowie gif! a-hard-days-night-george-9 Why is there an Aries symbol on the Zeppelin image? ahdn_george_01

sigh butterfly, lovelyritametermaid

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

21 April 2020
10.48pm
sigh butterfly
Rishikesh
Members
13439sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hmmm, not sure a-hard-days-night-paul-7. I didn’t even realize it was a gif until I uploaded it.

You and I have memories

21 April 2020
11.04pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
13440sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Maybe the person who made the gif is Aries and used his/her sign’s symbol as a watermark. I see a bit of something else there, as if it were the Aries symbol plus an initial or something (W?), like a signature.

I knew we Rams were supposed to be hard-headed, but it’s nice when we’re also Led-headed ahdn_john_08_gif a-hard-days-night-george-10

WeepingAtlasCedars, lovelyritametermaid

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22222, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694