Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
31 March 2020
10.19pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
13341sp_Permalink sp_Print

Around an hour on Zoom chatting to AG, with a guest appearance from Ohhh Boy during the last 10-15 minutes.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars, vonbontee

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

31 March 2020
10.32pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22234
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
13342sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good talk. 

Your files are almost ready, RN.

1 April 2020
12.38am
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
13343sp_Permalink sp_Print

@QuarryMan said
I’m in a similar situation to you, WeepyC, with someone from my uni house that I became very close to. We don’t have much in common, but we have the same sense of humour and one of those connections where when something weird happens you make eye contact and know that you’re thinking the same thing without having to say anything. We’ve been messaging everyday since university closed, but even though we get on like a house on fire, it’s never the same via the internet, and feels oddly formal rather than being fun. I don’t know, but it’s been getting me down a bitmccartney-shrug_01_gifGod , I can’t wait for this all to be over…  

It’s funny you say that, I kind of got a similar feeling. In person, he’s always so friendly and welcoming; he makes me happy to be around him. But, when I texted him, I didn’t really get that at all. It’s just… different.

Anyway, best of luck to you in your situation. apple01

@meanmistermustard said

Take the positives and hold on to those. You text him, he replied and it seems to be good. Life comes up and it’s not always possible to reply immediately. Give him time to do what he had to and take it from there.

I’ve been trying to, believe me, but it’s been more than a day now, and I’m just predisposed to worry. It’s sort of in my nature to be concerned about these kinds of things, whether I like it or not, unfortunately. But, I will keep trying. apple01

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

Beatlebug, QuarryMan, lovelyritametermaid

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

1 April 2020
9.35pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
13344sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sorry to double-post, but he answered! Indeed, it seems he just became busy.john-lennon-salute_gif

And it turns out, he loves the Traveling Wilburys! a-hard-days-night-george-9heart

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, meanmistermustard, Von Bontee

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

1 April 2020
10.32pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
13345sp_Permalink sp_Print

Chances are, it is life and not a change of heart that happens whilst people make other plans. Try to keep this specific instance of that in mind next time you find yourself in that type of situation. heart

I was cooped up inside the house for about four days straight because the pollen haze was so bad, but yesterday it rained and today it was absolutely SPARKLING AND BEAUTIFUL AND SPRIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGG and I spent almost all day outside messing around in the garden, grooved to Houses of the Holy, and I couldn’t be happier. Staying home I don’t mind, but staying inside really drives me stir-crazy. a-hard-days-night-paul-10

@lovelyritametermaid remember to enjoy the outdoors when you can, it really helps defeat the Quarantine Blues (okay… we have to write that song now). apple01

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

3 April 2020
1.32am
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
13346sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said
Chances are, it is life and not a change of heart that happens whilst people make other plans. Try to keep this specific instance of that in mind next time you find yourself in that type of situation. heart

Indeed, I will. heart

I was cooped up inside the house for about four days straight because the pollen haze was so bad, but yesterday it rained and today it was absolutely SPARKLING AND BEAUTIFUL AND SPRIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGG and I spent almost all day outside messing around in the garden, grooved to Houses of the Holy, and I couldn’t be happier. Staying home I don’t mind, but staying inside really drives me stir-crazy. a-hard-days-night-paul-10

You’re getting rain and pollen?!? Lucky! We’re still getting snow… ahdn_paul_01

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, Von Bontee

3 April 2020
7.17am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2145
13347sp_Permalink sp_Print

Weekend tomorrow. I’ll be going shopping, then doing cooking and meal prep. Actually looking forward to it. Most peculiar mama!

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

3 April 2020
8.34am
Beatlebug

Moderators
13348sp_Permalink sp_Print

@WeepingAtlasCedars said

I live in the South. Summer starts in May. a-hard-days-night-john-6

I look out the window and see (but I get the feeling it doesn’t see me) this right now:

IMAG44643.jpgImage Enlarger

u jelly a-hard-days-night-john-6

WeepingAtlasCedars, The Hole Got Fixed

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

3 April 2020
8.37am
Beatlebug

Moderators
13349sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sorry to double post

@Timothy said
Weekend tomorrow. I’ll be going shopping, then doing cooking and meal prep. Actually looking forward to it. Most peculiar mama!  

I’ve developed a fondness for cooking and making it interesting, rather than just throwing simple meals together for the sake of eating, since I’ve been stuck at home. Just goes to show that you don’t have to have a natural inclination for something to do it well and even enjoy it, after a while.

lovelyritametermaid, Timothy

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

3 April 2020
10.53am
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
13350sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said

@WeepingAtlasCedars said

I look out the window and see (but I get the feeling it doesn’t see me) this right now:

And here in California spring started in February… gotta love that global warming x.x

Beatlebug said
Sorry to double post

@Timothy said

I’ve developed a fondness for cooking and making it interesting, rather than just throwing simple meals together for the sake of eating, since I’ve been stuck at home. Just goes to show that you don’t have to have a natural inclination for something to do it well and even enjoy it, after a while.

I’ve never been good at cooking but I made cupcakes the other day and they actually turned out ok, so I was proud of that.

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

Ahhh Girl, QuarryMan

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

3 April 2020
11.26am
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
13351sp_Permalink sp_Print

There is still so much pollen down here in the south. Cars are yellow every morning, and since there is nowhere to go it just builds up. Thankfully I’ve never had allergies.

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

3 April 2020
12.31pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
13352sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ both my dad and my brother have allergies and there’s basically a cloud of pollen drifting through the backyard 24/7… yet my dad still insists on mowing the lawn 

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

3 April 2020
5.18pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
13353sp_Permalink sp_Print

sir walter raleigh said
There is still so much pollen down here in the south. Cars are yellow every morning, and since there is nowhere to go it just builds up. Thankfully I’ve never had allergies.

I had some of the most severe allergic reactions to the allergy test that my doctor had seen.

My reaction to dust was actually off the chart, literally – he needed to find a ruler as it was more than 2cm.

My reaction to pollen was similarly huge- not quite off the chart but he was nevertheless quite surprised.

Etc….

That post made me shrivel up inside. I… That sounds like my worst nightmare!

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

3 April 2020
5.39pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
13354sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

@The Hole Got Fixed never come to the Southeastern US between early March and early May, then. What SWR describes is intimately familiar to me. Happens every spring. It is as much your worst nightmare as your avatar is for the rest of us… a-hard-days-night-john-6

Where I live it rained recently so it’s not as bad as that at the moment – but just wait a couple days… ahdn_paul_01

The Hole Got Fixed

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

4 April 2020
1.56am
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
13355sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said

Yeah, a little bit. a-hard-days-night-paul-3 But, less so than normal, seeing as I couldn’t really enjoy it even if it was that nice here anyway.mccartney-shrug_01_gif

4 April 2020
11.12am
Beatleva
In my life
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 672
13356sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well it has been a hot second!

I’ve recently rekindled my love for the Beatles (wasn’t ever really gone of course) and decided to stop by and say hi! It’s really nice to see familiar faces still active on here a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

Currently happening in my life: I’m home from university due to the coronavirus crisis and finally finding some time to finish reading Tune In, doing many Jigsaws, and finally learning how to play the piano.

The following people thank Beatleva for this post:

QuarryMan, Ahhh Girl, AppleScruffJunior, lovelyritametermaid, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars, Von Bontee
4 April 2020
12.28pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
13357sp_Permalink sp_Print

@WeepingAtlasCedars said

Yeah, a little bit. a-hard-days-night-paul-3 But, less so than normal, seeing as I couldn’t really enjoy it even if it was that nice here anyway.mccartney-shrug_01_gif  

Aw, why not? a-hard-days-night-ringo-12

@Beatleva said
Well it has been a hot second!

I’ve recently rekindled my love for the Beatles (wasn’t ever really gone of course) and decided to stop by and say hi! It’s really nice to see familiar faces still active on here a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

Currently happening in my life: I’m home from university due to the coronavirus crisis and finally finding some time to finish reading Tune In, doing many Jigsaws, and finally learning how to play the piano.  

HEYYYYY WELCOME BACK!!!!

Beatleva, Von Bontee

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

4 April 2020
12.41pm
Vera Chuck and Dave
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 598
13358sp_Permalink sp_Print

Been back in Alberta for a little over a week now. It’s been nice! Feeling better mentally, spending time with my parents has been nice, etc.

The following people thank Vera Chuck and Dave for this post:

meanmistermustard, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, AppleScruffJunior, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars, Von Bontee
4 April 2020
1.47pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22234
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
13359sp_Permalink sp_Print

So very wonderful to see you back, @Beatleva!!! Have an apple apple01

Glad you’re feeling the love, @Vera Chuck and Dave heart

In my life, Ohhh Boy just cut my hair. It is a simple cut, and he managed it perfectly. I may just save $ and keep getting him to do it.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatleva, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, Von Bontee
4 April 2020
4.26pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
13360sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good for you and your wonderfully handy husband @Ahhh Girl! I always cheer when people discover the joys of cutting their own hair and other revelations of self-sufficiency. ahdn_george_06

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Ahhh Girl
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22234, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694