Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
23 March 2020
3.56am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
13301sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Who’s booking a hotel expecting this to be over? I’ve accepted the summer is over and we will be fortunate if it’s getting back to normal come the end of Autumn.

I booked this in mid-February when Europe had about 45 cases. 

As one can imagine, things have gotten a wee bit worse since.

As to why they’re still open? UK government and people still thinking this is a holiday situation. The vast majority of Irish hotels are closed, I can’t think of a single one where I am that’s open.

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

23 March 2020
4.00am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
13302sp_Permalink sp_Print

I get booking in February, even in very early-March but now for a couple of months ahead whilst we’re in a pandemic which looks to be lasting months is, to me, stupid.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

23 March 2020
6.03am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
13303sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah, my family is supporting Irish hotels this year (and potentially next) rather than going anywhere. My parents are hopefully going to Wexford this September instead of Italy (they were actually going to go Bergamo to- yeesh), and my brother and I might follow them depending on what our work situation is like and if the risk has sunk a bit.

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

23 March 2020
6.30am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
13304sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think it makes sense staying in and supporting your own countries businesses this year and there is no harm in booking later in the year, just ensure you can cancel. To book in the middle of a pandemic and then complain that you lost your money would be incredibly stupid.

I have bookings for events and a hotel in April. I’m more than happy to let the events be on hold and go when everything is back to some regularity but hotels and train journeys I’m looking to get a refund with the expectation of writing it off.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

23 March 2020
7.51pm
Turn Left At Greenland
Writing home every day
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 192
13305sp_Permalink sp_Print

Update on my cat: he seems to be feeling better. He’s begun to eat and drink again, and he seems to also have more energy than before, and isn’t coughing as much. He’s also sleeping with the dog in the dog bed, which is adorable to say the least beatlemaniacs_02_gif

The following people thank Turn Left At Greenland for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, lovelyritametermaid, Ahhh Girl, TangerineTrees, Von Bontee

"And life flows on within you and without you"

"I guess I just wasn't made for these times"

23 March 2020
9.02pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
13306sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

^So glad to hear! Don’t need to stress out over our pets on top of everything else, now do we? ahdn_paul_01

In my life: I really need to fingerpick more. Every time I learn a new fingerpicking song, I practically give my ring finger a blister AH GAT BLISTAHZZ AUMMA FINGAHHZZZZ!!! before it gets a nice thick callus on it, but I don’t keep it up enough to maintain the callus a-hard-days-night-paul-10a-hard-days-night-paul-7

(yes I have been playing Dear Prudence repeatedly all day. ahdn_john_08_gif)

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Turn Left At Greenland, Von Bontee

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

23 March 2020
9.09pm
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
13307sp_Permalink sp_Print

Turn Left At Greenland said
Update on my cat: he seems to be feeling better. He’s begun to eat and drink again, and he seems to also have more energy than before, and isn’t coughing as much. He’s also sleeping with the dog in the dog bed, which is adorable to say the least beatlemaniacs_02_gif

Awwwww heartheart I really hope that your cat makes continual positive progress, Lefty! Give him a nice little head pat for me a-hard-days-night-george-10(if he allows that sort of thing. I know that some cats can be picky)

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, Turn Left At Greenland, WeepingAtlasCedars

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

23 March 2020
10.01pm
CakeMaestor
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 767
13308sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well due to the pandemic, my final exam modules for Physics, Chemistry and Computer Science in my local university has been postponed indefinitely just an hour before I the examination was due to begin last week, a day before the nationwide lockdown.

Currently I have not much to do in my parent’s home, so my daily schedule alternates between studying, listening to music, reading books and playing video games.

The following people thank CakeMaestor for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, Von Bontee

We do a little trolling

- Faul

23 March 2020
10.56pm
Turn Left At Greenland
Writing home every day
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 192
13309sp_Permalink sp_Print

lovelyritametermaid said

Turn Left At Greenland said

Awwwww heartheart I really hope that your cat makes continual positive progress, Lefty! Give him a nice little head pat for me a-hard-days-night-george-10(if he allows that sort of thing. I know that some cats can be picky)

Don’t worry @lovelyritametermaid , he’s a sweetheart who demands affection pretty much all the time, so I’m sure he’ll appreciate it heart

The following people thank Turn Left At Greenland for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

"And life flows on within you and without you"

"I guess I just wasn't made for these times"

25 March 2020
6.03am
Shamrock Womlbs
Waiting for the van to come
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3973
13310sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey there!

Hope everybody is ok , healthy and safe at their home. Here we’ve been locked for 13 days now and counting working from home and such which is fine but i just found out that i work better at the office, less distractions a-hard-days-night-george-9

Anyway, as i said, take care and stay at home as much as posible.

apple01 for everybody

heart

The following people thank Shamrock Womlbs for this post:

Ahhh Girl, lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars, Von Bontee

"I Need You by George Harrison"

25 March 2020
8.17am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22238
13311sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am freaking out over my 403b (retirement fund). Do I keep calm and carry on? Do I stop putting money into it? Currently, I put 22% of my salary into it. (I really want to retire early; I’ve been planning for it since I was about 8.) Do I drop down to 1%? Do i move it into a “safer” option offered by the company? If I drop the amount I put in, that will move us into a higher tax bracket, but is it worth it? Damn, why do I have to be so bad at math?

I read last night that the stock market took 25 years to recover from the Great Depression. I don’t have 25 years to wait! Is this downturn going to be as bad as the Great Depression? Who has a crystal ball to see into the future?

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, TangerineTrees, WeepingAtlasCedars
25 March 2020
11.09am
Dingle Lad
Detroit Rock Citizen
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 610
13312sp_Permalink sp_Print

THis time of year I normally do door to door sales. Right now I’m calling prospective clients from home. Quite a switch. 

What is happening? And tell me how you've been.

25 March 2020
12.03pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
13313sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
I am freaking out over my 403b (retirement fund). Do I keep calm and carry on? Do I stop putting money into it? Currently, I put 22% of my salary into it. (I really want to retire early; I’ve been planning for it since I was about 8.) Do I drop down to 1%? Do i move it into a “safer” option offered by the company? If I drop the amount I put in, that will move us into a higher tax bracket, but is it worth it? Damn, why do I have to be so bad at math?

I read last night that the stock market took 25 years to recover from the Great Depression. I don’t have 25 years to wait! Is this downturn going to be as bad as the Great Depression? Who has a crystal ball to see into the future?  

My uneducated guess is that is more likely to be akin to the 2009 recession than the 1929 recession, but don’t take the advice of a teenager on the Internet ahdn_john_08_gif

Wishing you the best of fortunes with your fortune anyway @Ahhh Girl. I’m honestly more worried about mass panic and recession than an actual illness epidemic. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Ahhh Girl

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

25 March 2020
1.50pm
TangerineTrees
Behind That Locked Door
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 125
13314sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahh Girl said

I personally think that the economy will bounce back once people start buying and selling again after this is over, but it may take a while. The economy may take some time to recover, but it will have a temporary boom once things open again and people start flocking to movie theaters and malls after they open again. This is just my prediction, it shouldn’t be taken too seriously as I’m not an expert in economics, but there is almost always a boom after the bust. I’m also more scared of a falling economy with so many businesses shutting down than what the illness itself will do. We have been due for a recession for some time now, but I think that it should get better before 25 years are over. Don’t worry, it is all that we can do at the moment. heart

On another note, schools in my area just closed for another month and online school is starting next week. I was originally excited for the alone time at home considering how introverted I am, but I’m surprised to find that I really am missing school and (dare I say it) people. I’m just wasting the time by watching Youtube and listening to music while trying to finish up the last of my missing work before online school starts next week.

Have a great day everyone! heart

The following people thank TangerineTrees for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars

"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by nature." ~ George Harrison

"I'm Nobody! Who are you? Are you -- Nobody -- too?" ~ Emily Dickinson

25 March 2020
2.10pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
13315sp_Permalink sp_Print

TangerineTrees said

<snippity doo da> 

On another note, schools in my area just closed for another month and online school is starting next week. I was originally excited for the alone time at home considering how introverted I am, but I’m surprised to find that I really am missing school and (dare I say it) people. I’m just wasting the time by watching Youtube and listening to music while trying to finish up the last of my missing work before online school starts next week.

Have a great day everyone! heart

Same. It’s funny how in the two weeks before I had to quarantine I literally just wanted to stay at home and hermit in my room but now that I’m actually forced to do it I’m going crazy. Even though I’m an introvert, I prefer and excel face-to-face conversations and interactions and I’m terrible at text conversations! I miss my friends, I miss male-that-I’m-interested-in, however not seeing any people is all for the best. 

Getbackintheussr, TangerineTrees

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

25 March 2020
8.27pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
13316sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Beatlebug said

@Ahhh Girl said

My uneducated guess is that is more likely to be akin to the 2009 recession than the 1929 recession, but don’t take the advice of a teenager on the Internet ahdn_john_08_gif

Wishing you the best of fortunes with your fortune anyway AG. I’m honestly more worried about mass panic and recession than an actual illness epidemic. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Myself, I wouldn’t compare this to either the 1929 or 2008 crashes as they were the result of deep flaws in the way the banking and financial sectors were operating. This is something completely different and, while many businesses big and small will probably go under, once we have a vaccine I imagine the markets will bounce back pretty quickly because this hasn’t been a fault in the financial markets, a recession caused by them.

Hold on in there and, if your pension provider plays this right, as markets recover you may well find they’ve put it into shares they bought cheaply and raise quickly. The only sectors I wouldn’t want my money in would be airlines and travel.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, TangerineTrees

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

26 March 2020
2.17am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2146
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
13317sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Day two of working from home. I’m making sure I feel like I’m getting something done each day, and sticking to a routine such as going for a walk at 12. I actually prefer going to an office in the city and having a distinction between home and work. I’m at home until told otherwise, so I bet a month or longer. It is what it is, no bell, book or candle can get me out of this. 

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

Getbackintheussr, Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars, TangerineTrees, Von Bontee

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

27 March 2020
9.25am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
13318sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a small home delivery coming (bread, milk, 2 glass bottles of Irn Bru and a few other necessities) so have done nothing whatsoever all morning and afternoon, instead playing Homescapes on my phone. 

It’s been taxing.

“All I wanna do is sit on my ass”

Freddie Mercury

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, Getbackintheussr, TangerineTrees, WeepingAtlasCedars, Von Bontee

27 March 2020
9.42am
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
13319sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have to write three essays today……..ahdn_paul_01

Getbackintheussr, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars

||She/They ||

27 March 2020
10.51am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
13320sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s important to note that Gollum was an idiot whilst Froddo and his pals were blinded by a very good lie. Whilst they were all running around after a ring the real genius was sitting at home drinking out of a glass bottle of Irn Bru.

BARRS GLASS 750ML IRN BRUImage Enlarger

Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Into the Sky with Diamonds, Timothy
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22238, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694