Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
18 March 2020
12.16am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
13281sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said

Sky999 said

I discovered the British food section at my local Publix (grocery store) today. I probably stared at it a little too long giving the circumstances of the world; however, now I don’t have to travel into the city (I live in the suburbs) to get my British snack fix at World Market.  I picked up some Aero bars which are my favorite. Also made corned beef hash and cabbage for Paddy’s Day. 

Good old Publix… non-Southerners just won’t understand a-hard-days-night-john-6

I hear corned beef is actually an Irish-American invention and our resident Emerald Isle native @AppleScruffJunior has never met her (corned beef that is).

At any rate, I made a very delicious shepherd’s pie for dinner tonight of which I’m quite proud a-hard-days-night-john-1

Also I was just basically asked on a date by someone I’ve been chatting with recently, which was very upsetting because the poor lad had no idea he was trying to chat up an asexual/aromantic tomboy who’s married to music, and I felt quite bad pouring cold water on his aspirations and then attempting to explain why I’m not interested in anybody at all in that way ahdn_paul_01

Strangely enough I did not grow up with Publix in Mississippi. I grew up with Winn Dixie and stores like that; however, now Publix is my store!

That’s good to know. I’ve been trying learn more about Ireland or at least my heritage because I come from a long line of Irish Americans on my mom’s side in particular. 200 hundred years here and in Canada they stayed with their own kind until recent generations. But, my mom was adopted, so it wasn’t until 2018 when I did a DNA test and found her family. Up until then all knew was my dad’s which is mostly German mix with British (mostly English) and bit of other European countries. I grew up with German dishes other than American dishes. Although my dad can make a good Shepard’s Pie.a-hard-days-night-george-10

As far your guy issue…I’d let him down easy. You don’t want to lead him on to something that’s not going to happen. Honesty is the best policy. 

The following people thank Sky999 for this post:

Turn Left At Greenland, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, SgtPeppersBulldog, Getbackintheussr
18 March 2020
12.45am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
13282sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Turn Left At Greenland said

I mean, do they not get that you’re ace? It sounds like you’re just getting to know them, so if they don’t understand it then it might be a waste of time to try to make them understand. I feel like anyone who gets what being asexual/aromantic is about would understand and stop bugging you about it. That’s just my take though. I’m not ace, but I honestly don’t get why people get so confused about it–like, it’s not that hard to understand, is it? Anyway, I hope you don’t mind me ranting a little on your behalf, I just know it can be difficult sometimes to deal with people.   

That’s very kind of you a-hard-days-night-george-9 I didn’t bother to explicitly come out and say “I’m asexual” since I haven’t really known him that long, and since most people don’t know or understand what asexuality is, it’s usually easier in my experience to just say “I’m just not interested in that kind of thing, it’s just not part of my brain or my life” than to use a label that sounds like mitosis. The aromantic label is even worse as far as that goes, and anyway there’s no real distinction between the two aspects for me — I just don’t want none of it ahdn_paul_01Maybe I could try, but I’ve pretty much given up on trying to understand people’s understanding! I just try to accept that people have different perspectives, are free to think whatever they want to think of me or anyone else, and I don’t ask for anything more than basic tolerance and civility. mccartney-shrug_01_gif

For the record I was very quick to make it clear that I am in no way interested in anything of the sort, as I can’t bear for anyone to be acting on misconceptions about me and my intentions*, that I wish him the best, and I am perfectly willing to be friends if that’s what he wants, but I’m wondering if I should, I guess. It just doesn’t seem quite right, somehow. Thoughts?

I definitely do not feel almost 20 right now. a-hard-days-night-paul-7 H e L p

*try reconciling that statement with my above statement about not asking for anything more than basic tolerance, and you’ll understand my daily struggle between my stated general principles and my actual feelings a-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Getbackintheussr

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

18 March 2020
4.16am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2129
13283sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just found out I’ll be working from home, probably from next week. They won’t know I’ll be listening to my iPod the whole time – while I’m working obviously. Honest! 

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

Beatlebug, Getbackintheussr

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

18 March 2020
10.16am
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
13284sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said

I mean, do they not get that you’re ace? It sounds like you’re just getting to know them, so if they don’t understand it then it might be a waste of time to try to make them understand. I feel like anyone who gets what being asexual/aromantic is about would understand and stop bugging you about it. That’s just my take though. I’m not ace, but I honestly don’t get why people get so confused about it–like, it’s not that hard to understand, is it? Anyway, I hope you don’t mind me ranting a little on your behalf, I just know it can be difficult sometimes to deal with people.   

That’s very kind of you a-hard-days-night-george-9 I didn’t bother to explicitly come out and say “I’m asexual” since I haven’t really known him that long, and since most people don’t know or understand what asexuality is, it’s usually easier in my experience to just say “I’m just not interested in that kind of thing, it’s just not part of my brain or my life” than to use a label that sounds like mitosis. The aromantic label is even worse as far as that goes, and anyway there’s no real distinction between the two aspects for me — I just don’t want none of it ahdn_paul_01Maybe I could try, but I’ve pretty much given up on trying to understand people’s understanding! I just try to accept that people have different perspectives, are free to think whatever they want to think of me or anyone else, and I don’t ask for anything more than basic tolerance and civility. mccartney-shrug_01_gif

For the record I was very quick to make it clear that I am in no way interested in anything of the sort, as I can’t bear for anyone to be acting on misconceptions about me and my intentions*, that I wish him the best, and I am perfectly willing to be friends if that’s what he wants, but I’m wondering if I should, I guess. It just doesn’t seem quite right, somehow. Thoughts?

I definitely do not feel almost 20 right now. a-hard-days-night-paul-7 H e L p

*try reconciling that statement with my above statement about not asking for anything more than basic tolerance, and you’ll understand my daily struggle between my stated general principles and my actual feelings a-hard-days-night-john-6

I think I understand what you mean when you say it “doesn’t seem quite right,” but if you are willing to move past whatever awkwardness resides from the situation, @Beatlebug, and continue forming a friendship with him, that’s perfectly fine. However, if he’s going to make things too awkward and not want to just maturely accept the friendship, that’s his problem. 

It’s kind of all up to you. If you don’t feel comfortable being friends with him after this, even if he’s willing to just be friends, that’s perfectly fine. 

I hope that helped and my inability to properly explain things didn’t prohibit my point from coming across a-hard-days-night-paul-7

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

18 March 2020
11.28am
Beatlebug

Moderators
13285sp_Permalink sp_Print

^Makes perfect sense, thank you.

To be clear, he’s chill about it, I just have inhibitions about being friends with anyone who could possibly have ever thought of me in a certain type of way. Also, to be perfectly honest, I don’t like him that much… I mean I have very specific hierarchies for how close I consider people, and he’s hovering somewhere between “acquaintance with whom I make friendly conversation when we meet” (he’s a black belt/asisstant teacher at our martial arts studio) and “friendly,” but nowhere near “best friends with whom I will hang out and rant and include in my life”, and I have to be the one who decides how that’s going to go — I need to be in control or at least have it going how I want. (It sounds ugly put like that, but it’s true. a-hard-days-night-paul-7) Even if I weren’t ace and all that, I don’t think I’d consider him any more than a casual friend.

So, I guess by explaining it all I’ve kinda figured out what I want to do… “social distancing” will now include e-conversations with this particular person as well as physical proximity with people in general. As a rule anyway I keep people at arm’s length, unless I don’t. ahdn_george_06

Thank you all for being a sounding board for my self-psychoanalysis. You may consider yourselves honored indeed to have been chosen for this advising, as I usually like to deal with my own issues with even less outside input than that. ahdn_john_08_gif

lovelyritametermaid, The Hole Got Fixed, Turn Left At Greenland, WeepingAtlasCedars, TangerineTrees, SgtPeppersBulldog, Getbackintheussr

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

20 March 2020
9.47am
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
13286sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m officially stuck in the house. ahdn_george_01College is closed til further notice so I have to continue with the rest of my EP project from home. In a way, that’s good because it’s barred me from heavily relying on Logic to compose the majority of my project, and so I can experiment and make more ACTUAL recordings. a-hard-days-night-paul-7 Other than that, still trying to retain the positivity! john-lennon-salute_gif

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

Beatlebug, Getbackintheussr, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars, georgeparisol

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

21 March 2020
3.32pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
13287sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I cut my hair yesterday, it’s really short now (probably shorter than I meant to mccartney-shrug_01_gif press F to pay respects to my moptop) and I’m very happy with it. I feel light and clean. a-hard-days-night-john-1 Bring on summer in the South, I’m ready! ahdn_john_08_gif

The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog, QuarryMan, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars, sigh butterfly

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

21 March 2020
8.21pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3759
13288sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m quite glad I don’t have the guts to attempt cutting my own hair, it would be an unmitigated disaster. I’m fully expecting, come the end of the quarantine, for a lot of people to emerge with hilariously bad self-administered haircuts. Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess a-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, georgeparisol

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

21 March 2020
8.33pm
Turn Left At Greenland
Writing home every day
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 192
13289sp_Permalink sp_Print

The good news: I hung out with my friend who I haven’t seen in over a year today, which was really nice (don’t worry, we kept a six foot distance almost the entire time, so I’m safe a-hard-days-night-paul-10)

The bad news: one of my cats (I have quite a few) is sick, and we’re not sure why. He’s been really lethargic lately and hasn’t been eating, and occasionally makes this horrible sound somewhere between a cough and dry heaving. We brought him inside (our cats all lives outdoors), and hopefully we’ll be able to get him some medicine and make him feel better. I really don’t want anything bad to happen to him.

The following people thank Turn Left At Greenland for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, meanmistermustard, WeepingAtlasCedars

"And life flows on within you and without you"

"I guess I just wasn't made for these times"

21 March 2020
8.42pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
13290sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

QuarryMan said
I’m quite glad I don’t have the guts to attempt cutting my own hair, it would be an unmitigated disaster. I’m fully expecting, come the end of the quarantine, for a lot of people to emerge with hilariously bad self-administered haircuts. Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess a-hard-days-night-john-6  

My first haircuts were odd at the very least, and it’s definitely a learning process all the time. As long as you don’t cut it too short, because you can always cut more but you can’t uncut ahdn_paul_01

The bad news: one of my cats (I have quite a few) is sick, and we’re not sure why. He’s been really lethargic lately and hasn’t been eating, and occasionally makes this horrible sound somewhere between a cough and dry heaving. We brought him inside (our cats all lives outdoors), and hopefully we’ll be able to get him some medicine and make him feel better. I really don’t want anything bad to happen to him.  

Oh no, I hope your kitty stays okay a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

My best friend/bandmate’s family just adopted a cat, after their last cat went missing in December. I’ve been sent photos and he’s a beautiful animal. I’m so pleased for them, and also next time we practice I’ll have a furball to sit on my guitar cables again beatlemaniacs_02_gif

Turn Left At Greenland, meanmistermustard, QuarryMan, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

22 March 2020
5.40am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2129
13291sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said
I cut my hair yesterday, it’s really short now (probably shorter than I meant to mccartney-shrug_01_gif press F to pay respects to my moptop) and I’m very happy with it. I feel light and clean. a-hard-days-night-john-1 Bring on summer in the South, I’m ready! ahdn_john_08_gif

Nice.

My hair is going good. I’m really happy that coronavirus gives me a good excuse for not going to a hairdresser. paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

22 March 2020
9.50am
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
13292sp_Permalink sp_Print

I got my hair really short once a few years ago so it was more manageable for swimming. Long story short, I absolutely hated it and regret it and cringe at all the photos I see of me in that period. I am very grateful now for my long, wavy red hair. I intend to keep growing it out as much as I can, however, I still have to get the dead ends trimmed and get my layers redone every once in a while (without layers my hair gets too heavy on the bottom and looks really flat and shapeless, which isn’t ideal) 

Beatlebug, georgeparisol, The Hole Got Fixed

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

22 March 2020
10.09am
georgeparisol
Kircaldy
St Peters Church
Members
Forum Posts: 11
13293sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve also been thinking that after being in quarantine people will have the hair to match!! Trying to keep up my appearances but… hard to when you have NOTHIN to do and CANNOT leave!

The following people thank georgeparisol for this post:

Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid

W?e? ?d?o? ?T?h?e? ?Z?e?s?t? ?W?e? ?C?a?n?

RAREBEATLES.jpg

22 March 2020
11.10am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
13294sp_Permalink sp_Print

The place I booked for 3 people for 2 nights in Manchester a month ago cost £162 for the rooms. Now the same rooms in the same hotel are £96.50. 

Luckily, I paid extra for free cancellations- and I shall now do that forever more.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

22 March 2020
1.09pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
13295sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

georgeparisol said
I’ve also been thinking that after being in quarantine people will have the hair to match!! Trying to keep up my appearances but… hard to when you have NOTHIN to do and CANNOT leave!  

Well, my dad and I won’t. I just cut his hair today. a-hard-days-night-john-1

I find it keeps my spirit up to uphold some standards of grooming, even if merely stuck at home. I do it for myself. mccartney-shrug_01_gif

lovelyritametermaid

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

22 March 2020
5.26pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
13296sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
The place I booked for 3 people for 2 nights in Manchester a month ago cost £162 for the rooms. Now the same rooms in the same hotel are £96.50. 

Luckily, I paid extra for free cancellations- and I shall now do that forever more.

What month were you going? If within the next three months who are booking hotels?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

22 March 2020
5.38pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
13297sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

It was in May and we were staying in a Premier Inn, was going to see Back to the Future The Musical and Les Mis but they’ll all be cancelled.

Was looking forward to BttF 🙁 

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

22 March 2020
6.22pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
13298sp_Permalink sp_Print

Who’s booking a hotel expecting this to be over? I’ve accepted the summer is over and we will be fortunate if it’s getting back to normal come the end of Autumn.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

22 March 2020
6.54pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
13299sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oof. If I really do hope that this improves by the summer. If not, I won’t have a job paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif 

Also, what are they gonna do about the SATs and the ACTs and the AP tests? I was supposed to take the SAT last week, but it got postponed and I was planning on taking it a second time in June in case I wanted to strive for a better score. I am also planning to take the ACT in July. I really wanted to get them out of the way so I could start applying to colleges right off the bat my senior year. And I have senior friends who have been studying hard and were hoping to take them this spring to get a better score. And there’s tons of students nationwide who have been working their asses off in preparation for the AP tests, most, like myself, hoping to do well in order to get college credit. Oof, there’s a lot of sticky situations that everyone’s falling in/could possibly fall in if things don’t start to go in a positive direction real soon. 

Getbackintheussr, sigh butterfly

||She/They ||

22 March 2020
10.53pm
Getbackintheussr
The Void
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1349
13300sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

My school said that the AP tests will be shortened to a 45-minute online version or postponed, and details will come out on April 3rd. I think you have to wait for your school to give you instructions. Hopefully it’ll all work out.

The following people thank Getbackintheussr for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

P E A C E  &  L O V E

Sunglasses-Emoji-PNG-Transparent-Background.pngstar-emoji-by-google.png1f549.png1f98f.pngbroccoli_1f966.pngdrum-with-drumsticks_1f941.pngmultiple-musical-notes_1f3b6.pngkisspng-emojipedia-whatsapp-peace-symbols-text-messaging-5af2ba93ab48a4.1265377915258569157016.jpgSparkling_Pink_Heart_Emoji_large.pngOctopus_Emoji_large.png262e.png

Without going out of my door, I can know all things on Earth...

~Signature.png~

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: KyleKartan
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691