Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
15 March 2020
11.42pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
13261sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve been virtually soaking my eyes and ears in the most idyllic atmospheres of Morocco for about 15 hours (straight, not counting sleep) now, I think it’s time to come home a-hard-days-night-george-4

Morocco is to Robert Plant as India was to George, and I’ve been bitten by the bug a-hard-days-night-paul-7

My Shangri-La beneath the summer moon, I will return again…

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

15 March 2020
11.43pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
13262sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey, @Necko! Welcome back! john-lennon-salute_gifapple01

Things are getting a bit nutty around here. Schools have officially been closed for the time being; we’re not sure yet for how long. Thankfully, I’ve been in contact with one of my teachers, so I at least know that they’re working on figuring out what to do next about all this. It’s such a foreign feeling, having school cancelled. I don’t know about you guys or your local districts, but I have never in my life seen public schools closed for any reason whatsoever.* Crazy stuff.

*EDIT: Whoops, never mind. You can tell how frazzled I am, seeing as I forgot about the one time in my life that schools did close (there were floods once).paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

You can probably expect me to be around here a little more often, both for company and as a distraction so that I hopefully don’t end up falling to bits.a-hard-days-night-paul-7

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl, lovelyritametermaid, QuarryMan, TangerineTrees, sigh butterfly

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

15 March 2020
11.44pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
13263sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’LL SINGLE-HANDEDLY KEEP YOU TOGETHER WEEPYC a-hard-days-night-ringo-15heart

a-hard-days-night-george-10

Always glad to have you around more. There’s one plus side to this social distancing madness john-lennon-salute_gif

WeepingAtlasCedars, The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl, lovelyritametermaid, TangerineTrees, sigh butterfly

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

15 March 2020
11.53pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
13264sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Thank you, @Beatlebug. You don’t know how much it means to me to have y’all around here.heart

The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, sigh butterfly

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

16 March 2020
8.20am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22227
13265sp_Permalink sp_Print

Snapped these pictures while walking around in Memphis for some folks on here @WeepingAtlasCedars @Beatlebug @Ron Nasty

20200316_081521.jpgImage Enlarger

20200316_081450.jpgImage Enlarger

They are in front of the Orpheum Theater

20200316_081507-1.jpgImage Enlarger

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, sigh butterfly
16 March 2020
9.06am
Beatlebug

Moderators
13266sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

@WeepingAtlasCedars said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Thank you, @Beatlebug. You don’t know how much it means to me to have ya’ll around here.heart  

john-lennon-salute_gifI’m glad it means something. I do try. heart

You can at least spell “y’all” correctly (it’s a contraction of “you” and “all” with an apostrophe in between where the “ou” would go, yes it’s important, I’m a Southerner, it’s my job to gatekeeper proper “y’all” usage. a-hard-days-night-george-10)

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

16 March 2020
12.23pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
13267sp_Permalink sp_Print

Neat, thanks @Ahhh Girl! john-lennon-salute_gif

@Beatlebug said

john-lennon-salute_gifI’m glad it means something. I do try. heart

a-hard-days-night-george-9heart

You can at least spell “y’all” correctly (it’s a contraction of “you” and “all” with an apostrophe in between where the “ou” would go, yes it’s important, I’m a Southerner, it’s my job to gatekeeper proper “y’all” usage. a-hard-days-night-george-10)  

Whoops. Fixed. See, what did I tell you? I’m so frazzled, I carn’t spel.paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

Ahhh Girl

16 March 2020
2.02pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
13268sp_Permalink sp_Print

^It’s a common enough mistake. I’ve even seen Southerners make it. ahdn_george_05paul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

16 March 2020
9.30pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
13269sp_Permalink sp_Print

I thought I’d find the social distancing pleasant enough but it’s awful. There’s nothing to DO besides schoolwork and that’s so boring. I’ve been passing the time by drawing approximately 638,928,638,938,784 little flowers on a piece of paper with my new pens but that can only entertain me for so long.

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

16 March 2020
11.52pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
13270sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

You people who are bored so easily, I just can’t relate. I never have enough time in the day to do everything I want to — even if I did nothing but what I wanted to do, I’m sure I could find more things! Don’t y’all have any work to do? a-hard-days-night-paul-7

*pwt*

The Hole Got Fixed, lovelyritametermaid

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

17 March 2020
6.39am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
13271sp_Permalink sp_Print

Some things you can do:

Clean your room/rearrange your room

Polish your boots/shoes

Read/write a book

Do an online course there are 1000s in literally every subject in the world and most are free (The Music of The Beatles from the University of Rochester, which I already have my certificate in, is starting today)

Write an essay on a topic such as ‘Why did the Beatles really break up?’, ‘Yoko vs The Biscuit (Who was to blame?)’ or write a short story on what the Beatles meeting Elvis was like.

So much to do, so much to see, all thanks to Covid-19!

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

QuarryMan, lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, Turn Left At Greenland

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

17 March 2020
9.57am
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
13272sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Great ideas! ASJ, you’ve just reminded me that I need to clean and polish my Doc Martens (I mean they won’t get a lot of wear in the coming weeks, but better now than later)  I’m also looking into that free Beatles course as well

50yearslate said
I thought I’d find the social distancing pleasant enough but it’s awful. There’s nothing to DO besides schoolwork and that’s so boring. I’ve been passing the time by drawing approximately 638,928,638,938,784 little flowers on a piece of paper with my new pens but that can only entertain me for so long.

I thought quarantine was gonna be super awful but it hasn’t been that bad so far. I do miss seeing my friends a ton, but I can still FaceTime and text them. I find I’ve done a fair job of keeping myself busy. I’ve been sleeping in, listening to music, taking long walks with my dog, practicing guitar, reading, catching up on all the work for AP U.S. History that I haven’t done (my history teacher’s flexible deadlines are a blessing and a curse if you’re a major procrastinator like I am), playing MarioKart and Super Smash Bros. online with my buds (I’m really good at MK but I absolutely suck at Super Smash), and binge-watching Netflix like there’s no tomorrow.

Also, apparently my friends still have to show up for regularly-scheduled work at Burger King amid the COVID-19 outbreak, which I find ridiculous. Luckily, he informed me that there’s little to no people coming in and that the people who do show up are either food delivery people or are ordering through the drive-thru. He’s been keeping himself busy by cleaning in the back, and if he keeps having to go to work and no people show up, the BK where I live is going to be very clean. 

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

Beatlebug, AppleScruffJunior, WeepingAtlasCedars, Turn Left At Greenland

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

17 March 2020
9.57am
Beatlebug

Moderators
13273sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Learn an instrument
Practice the instrument you already know
Memorize poetry/dramatic writing
Plant a garden
Read books
Research your local county and gubernatorial candidates for the November elections (if you’re American) (or the primary if you’re in one of the states that hasn’t voted yet)
Dust the entire house
Go on a Beatles binge (or Bowie) (or the Zeppathon)
Get bored (seriously. Don’t fear boredom. It can be good for you.)
Meditate

This, by the way, is basically a list of all the things I want to do/would do if I had time. ahdn_george_06

lovelyritametermaid, QuarryMan

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

17 March 2020
11.17am
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
13274sp_Permalink sp_Print

I wish I could binge-watch Netflix or do that stuff but a) I do have work to do, a lot of it, in six subjects and b) my mom keeps saying “this is not a vacation” and isn’t letting me use electronics during the week. Plus I don’t have any new books. 

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

17 March 2020
7.47pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
13275sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I discovered the British food section at my local Publix (grocery store) today. I probably stared at it a little too long giving the circumstances of the world; however, now I don’t have to travel into the city (I live in the suburbs) to get my British snack fix at World Market.  I picked up some Aero bars which are my favorite. Also made corned beef hash and cabbage for Paddy’s Day. 

My boyfriend and I became addicted to this British show called Sex Education by accident. I say by accident because I don’t think we intend to watch all 8 episodes of the first season in one sitting. mccartney-shrug_01_gif

We’re not being quarantine from our jobs, but taking precautions otherwise.

The following people thank Sky999 for this post:

Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars
17 March 2020
7.58pm
Turn Left At Greenland
Writing home every day
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 192
13276sp_Permalink sp_Print

I can definitely relate to the boredom a lot of people are feeling. I have relevant medical conditions (my immune system isn’t quite up to snuff), so I have to be especially careful where I go and who I interact with. I was really hoping to get out of my hometown and move out of my mom’s place, but that’ll just have to wait. I also can’t see the doctors I’ve been seeing in Seattle because, for those who don’t know/aren’t from America, Seattle is probably the worst hit spot in the country (going to the doctor would get me sick–hilarious, I know).

This leaves the question of what to do with my time. Here’s what I’m thinking: Hiking, exercise, reading (lots of reading), and maybe occasional work related to getting job and grad school applications ready (though neither of those things are by any means urgent now). Also probably going to spend more time around here, since I love it here, and I brag to my friends about how lovely you all are. a-hard-days-night-john-3

Stay safe, Forumpudlians. And remember what George said: All Things Must Pass .

The following people thank Turn Left At Greenland for this post:

Beatlebug, QuarryMan, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars, TangerineTrees

"And life flows on within you and without you"

"I guess I just wasn't made for these times"

17 March 2020
8.41pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
13277sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sky999 said
I discovered the British food section at my local Publix (grocery store) today. I probably stared at it a little too long giving the circumstances of the world; however, now I don’t have to travel into the city (I live in the suburbs) to get my British snack fix at World Market.  I picked up some Aero bars which are my favorite. Also made corned beef hash and cabbage for Paddy’s Day. 

Good old Publix… non-Southerners just won’t understand a-hard-days-night-john-6

I hear corned beef is actually an Irish-American invention and our resident Emerald Isle native @AppleScruffJunior has never met her (corned beef that is).

At any rate, I made a very delicious shepherd’s pie for dinner tonight of which I’m quite proud a-hard-days-night-john-1

Also I was just basically asked on a date by someone I’ve been chatting with recently, which was very upsetting because the poor lad had no idea he was trying to chat up an asexual/aromantic tomboy who’s married to music, and I felt quite bad pouring cold water on his aspirations and then attempting to explain why I’m not interested in anybody at all in that way ahdn_paul_01

QuarryMan, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

17 March 2020
9.23pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3761
13278sp_Permalink sp_Print

Taking a drive back down to university tomorrow to pick up the rest of my stuff from my room (including my turntable and all my records a-hard-days-night-john-6), hopefully there won’t be too many people about so I won’t be at too much risk of getting exposed. Sadly, a trip to Scotland I had planned with some uni friends has been fully cancelled, but I suppose it’s for the best. People’s safety is more important than life plans right now, and if myself or any of my friends had the virus without knowing we might’ve ended up infecting the poor village we were supposed to be going to. 

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

Beatlebug

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

17 March 2020
10.16pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
13279sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said
Also I was just basically asked on a date by someone I’ve been chatting with recently, which was very upsetting because the poor lad had no idea he was trying to chat up an asexual/aromantic tomboy who’s married to music, and I felt quite bad pouring cold water on his aspirations and then attempting to explain why I’m not interested in anybody at all in that way ahdn_paul_01  

Oh, anyone have advice on what I should do now? I’ve no experience with this sort of nonsense a-hard-days-night-paul-3 We chatted quite normally about music and stuff after that, but I’m still not sure . . . . idk someone plz help me with this trifling pother I fell into a-hard-days-night-paul-7

lovelyritametermaid

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

17 March 2020
11.30pm
Turn Left At Greenland
Writing home every day
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 192
13280sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said

Beatlebug said

Oh, anyone have advice on what I should do now? I’ve no experience with this sort of nonsense a-hard-days-night-paul-3 We chatted quite normally about music and stuff after that, but I’m still not sure . . . . idk someone plz help me with this trifling pother I fell into a-hard-days-night-paul-7

I mean, do they not get that you’re ace? It sounds like you’re just getting to know them, so if they don’t understand it then it might be a waste of time to try to make them understand. I feel like anyone who gets what being asexual/aromantic is about would understand and stop bugging you about it. That’s just my take though. I’m not ace, but I honestly don’t get why people get so confused about it–like, it’s not that hard to understand, is it? Anyway, I hope you don’t mind me ranting a little on your behalf, I just know it can be difficult sometimes to deal with people. 

The following people thank Turn Left At Greenland for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars, SgtPeppersBulldog

"And life flows on within you and without you"

"I guess I just wasn't made for these times"

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694