Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
11 March 2020
2.24pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
13221sp_Permalink sp_Print

That sounds terrifying, good luck with your adventures in the big old world @Turn Left At Greenland apple01

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Turn Left At Greenland, The Hole Got Fixed, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

11 March 2020
2.31pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
13222sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just trying to get through the virus scare here in London one day at a time with a positive mindset and not lobbing my fellow being over the head with toilet roll. ahdn_paul_01

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

11 March 2020
3.10pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
13223sp_Permalink sp_Print

^I can think of at least half a dozen things I’d need in a quarantine more than toilet paper… a-hard-days-night-paul-7

lovelyritametermaid, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

11 March 2020
3.49pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
13224sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

As I would fall into ‘folks who’s immune systems are rubbish’ category I’ve been stocking up on a few things so that when it all kicks off (and it’s going to happen, things are relatively calm overall at the minute compared to other countries). I should add tho that I normally live by buying what I need on the day so stocking up means having two tins of chopped tomatoes in reserve – I haven’t filled my shed with toilet roll, dry pasta and 67,000 toilet rolls. Enough to get thru a few days until a food delivery would arrive.

Tho if I do get the bug then I presume I go into hospital as my being simply cannot be bothered fighting anything of note, it just shrugs and puts the kettle, fire and TV on for the visitors.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, QuarryMan

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

11 March 2020
4.10pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
13225sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I wish you all the best, mmm. Bloody China! 

College is still not closed, a few students have been tested for it, all negative. It’s probably here already but the person/people infected probably only have mild symptoms like a cough and are still going into college. We’ll only find out about it when a vulnerable relative of theirs gets sick. 

I have nurse friends that are working in the local hospital and they’ve said there’s about 5 people with it in their place but our government refuses to do any ‘3 people in Limerick, 2 people in Donegal and 1 person in Westmeath has it’ type shtick. It’s all very distant ‘a person in the west, in the south etc.’. Pretty bloody annoying and their argument is it’s to “protect patient confidentiality”. I don’t really know how naming the county a person is in would put their privacy at risk. I just want to know if I should be completely avoiding buses now.

We got emails today about us potentially having to sit our end of year exams online rather than the 500 people in a room thing that we normally do, would probably be a terrible idea as some people have awful internet at home and would have to go into the college buildings to use the WiFi. The next 2 weeks should be very interesting and probably terrifying.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug, TangerineTrees, WeepingAtlasCedars

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

11 March 2020
5.03pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
13226sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
I wish you all the best, mmm. Bloody China! 

College is still not closed, a few students have been tested for it, all negative. It’s probably here already but the person/people infected probably only have mild systems like a cough and are still going into college. We’ll only find out about it when a vulnerable relative of theirs gets sick. 

I have nurse friends that are working in the local hospital and they’ve said there’s about 5 people with it in their place but our government refuses to do any ‘3 people in Limerick, 2 people in Donegal and 1 person in Westmeath has it’ type shtick. It’s all very distant ‘a person in the west, in the south etc.’. Pretty bloody annoying and their argument is it’s to “protect patient confidentiality”. I don’t really know how naming the county a person is in would put their privacy at risk. I just want to know if I should be completely avoiding buses now.

We got emails today about us potentially having to sit our end of year exams online rather than the 500 people in a room thing that we normally do, would probably be a terrible idea as some people have awful internet at home and would have to go into the college buildings to use the WiFi. The next 2 weeks should be very interesting and probably terrifying.

How can they guarantee no one cheating if students are sitting at home for the exams? The temptation to get the book out for the exact name of that damn thing that cannot remember must be huge.

Some big experts (I think from the WHO) saying that China may have ballsed it up but they gave so many countries a chance which wasn’t taken. Truth be told I have no idea why the UK Government hasn’t passed it that we are to quit attending mass events. Yes, the economic side of it is fucked if they do but it’s going to happen now anyway (cases increasing daily) so surely it’s better to do it early and hope it works so it hopefully lasts for a shorter time. I had a ticket for the St Mirren game tonight but I didn’t go as I’m pretty much getting to the point of being more careful and avoiding large scale crowds instead of my normal “just get on with it” attitude. I have tickets booked for others and will see what happens. Missing an ice hockey game is worth not risking getting it. 

Maybe that seems like overkill but I don’t care. Give me 14 days isolated in the house and I’ll get thru (tho unless otherwise, I will continue to go to work). Sadly for many others, it’s not that simple as they will have to suffer far more implications (financially, socially etc) regardless of whatever measures the Government pass to help. Obviously, I could still contract it by walking outside for 3 minutes and the only real answer is to hide under the stairs until fours weeks after the all-clear is given.

Strange times since we’ve not been thru this kind of thing in decades and no one has any idea when it will be over and what toll it will take. Keep safe people.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

12 March 2020
11.19am
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
13227sp_Permalink sp_Print

There are all kinds of rumors about if/when school is going to close and what the criteria for school closing will be and whether we’ll have to go into the summer or use up all our break time or if the number of school days we need will be waived or if we’ll have to do online school or if that even counts as instructional time… I am very stressed and I do not want school to close a-hard-days-night-paul-10

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, sigh butterfly, WeepingAtlasCedars

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

12 March 2020
1.09pm
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
13228sp_Permalink sp_Print

I couldn’t even image my high school experience being disrupted like that. There may be no choice (none of it matters if you aren’t alive) but I really feel your anxiety and sadness. It’s a unique part of your life that you can never get back.

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, The Hole Got Fixed

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

12 March 2020
1.47pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
13229sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh it’s not that I like high school, I just don’t want to have to miss the AP tests and also I don’t want to do online schooling, it sounds like a drag.

lovelyritametermaid, sigh butterfly

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

12 March 2020
1.51pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
13230sp_Permalink sp_Print

If my college decides to go online-only I’ll rejoice, because I have one super easy boring class and I wanted to get it online anyway but couldn’t. ahdn_john_08_gif

That having been said, most people would find it a drag but not having to leave the house sounds good to me in almost any case. ahdn_george_06

lovelyritametermaid, The Hole Got Fixed, QuarryMan

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

12 March 2020
3.07pm
Turn Left At Greenland
Writing home every day
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 192
13231sp_Permalink sp_Print

So…coronavirus has really jammed my gears, thrown off my groove, gotten my goat and thrown it off a cliff, etc. etc…

So, I decided just this week that I was going to move away from home, but with COVID-19 having recently showed up in Portland, it looks like no one will be hiring for awhile. Plus I might have to cancel my flights to Seattle to see doctors up there, and my mom might have to cancel her visit to my grandmother, who she hasn’t seen in five years. I just want this to be over…

The following people thank Turn Left At Greenland for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, TangerineTrees, WeepingAtlasCedars

"And life flows on within you and without you"

"I guess I just wasn't made for these times"

12 March 2020
3.51pm
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
13232sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said
There are all kinds of rumors about if/when school is going to close and what the criteria for school closing will be and whether we’ll have to go into the summer or use up all our break time or if the number of school days we need will be waived or if we’ll have to do online school or if that even counts as instructional time… I am very stressed and I do not want school to close a-hard-days-night-paul-10

There are rumors about closing going around my school, too, and they seem to be getting closer to closer to reality. Today a number of after school activities were canceled and a pep assembly that we were supposed to have tomorrow was also canceled. The 8th grader’s trip to Washington D.C. in April was canceled and there’s talk of the band kid’s trip to Hershey Park being canceled. there’s also the fact that if the school closes down, we won’t be able to rehearse or come in to build the sets for the musical and the musical might end up being postponed (my theater director says it too late to outright cancel it because we already put so much money into the production.) Also, they told us to make sure that we bring our laptops home and to bring home all of our stuff this weekend just in case…..My mom says that there’s a high chance that we won’t be going back to school on Monday…..

I also really don’t want school to close because I loathe the idea of online schooling and not being able to interact with my classmates and friends and teachers in person daily. The idea of being cooped up in my house alone all day stresses me out. I’m an introvert, but I can still get stir crazy and lonely after so long. ahdn_paul_01

Looking on the bright side, at least Pittsburgh has top-notch medical facilities. 

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

12 March 2020
4.01pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
13233sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Turn Left At Greenland said
So…coronavirus has really jammed my gears, thrown off my groove, gotten my goat and thrown it off a cliff, etc. etc…

So, I decided just this week that I was going to move away from home, but with COVID-19 having recently showed up in Portland, it looks like no one will be hiring for awhile. Plus I might have to cancel my flights to Seattle to see doctors up there, and my mom might have to cancel her visit to my grandmother, who she hasn’t seen in five years. I just want this to be over…  

Oh no! I hope you’ll be okay without seeing the Seattle doctors.

CORONA-CHAN HAS SCREWED OUR PLANS blue-meanie

lovelyritametermaid

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

12 March 2020
8.28pm
TangerineTrees
Behind That Locked Door
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 125
13234sp_Permalink sp_Print

All of the schools in my state (Maryland) will close starting on Monday for two weeks. I guess the school musical will be postponed after an entire week of tech rehearsal. The county just sent an email to all of the parents to “send your students to school tomorrow so they can collect their work for the next two weeks” a-hard-days-night-paul-3. I’m probably going to spend most of my time catching up on all of my other missing work from the past week anyway. They already canceled what little we have of spring break. Oh well, hopefully this will all be over soon. I’m not particularly worried about the virus itself, but I am worried about how the economy will react to all of the quarantines and closings. I hope that all of you stay healthy and that your lives aren’t too affected by this.

The following people thank TangerineTrees for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by nature." ~ George Harrison

"I'm Nobody! Who are you? Are you -- Nobody -- too?" ~ Emily Dickinson

12 March 2020
9.18pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22227
13235sp_Permalink sp_Print

My retirement account isn’t staying healthy. I’m ready to start putting my savings in jars and burying them in the yard.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug, TangerineTrees, WeepingAtlasCedars
13 March 2020
12.35am
sigh butterfly
Rishikesh
Members
13236sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said
Oh it’s not that I like high school, I just don’t want to have to miss the AP tests and also I don’t want to do online schooling, it sounds like a drag.

Sorry @50yearslate , that’s me projecting my own experience on to you. The students involved with the dramatic arts in my high school were super content to be there. We all became really tight and leaned on each other through all the ups and downs. There never was really any relationship pressure because if you couldn’t figure things out for yourself, the group would help you out. Here are some of us frolicking about on a hilltop for the yearbook.

Untitled.pngImage Enlarger

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, TangerineTrees, WeepingAtlasCedars

You and I have memories

13 March 2020
12.41am
sigh butterfly
Rishikesh
Members
13237sp_Permalink sp_Print

To be fair to all of you in high school, there was a lot less academic pressure back then. I was talking to some recent college grads who have been working in their fields for a couple of years. Every one of them said high school was harder than college or their current job.

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, Turn Left At Greenland, WeepingAtlasCedars

You and I have memories

13 March 2020
6.46am
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
13238sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welp I’m not going back to school on Monday. Our school’s closed for at least next week and everything will be online. 

Also, my SATs got postponed to March 28. Looking on the bright side, at least I have more time to study ahdn_john_08_gif

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

13 March 2020
9.18am
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
13239sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh damn the SATs are postponed? Yikes 

lovelyritametermaid

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

13 March 2020
2.06pm
Turn Left At Greenland
Writing home every day
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 192
13240sp_Permalink sp_Print

So, I got a text Out Of The Blue last night from a very good friend who had cut me out of her life almost exactly a year ago. She sent me a very sincere apology, and while there’s still a lot we have to work out, I accepted it and I’m hoping we can become friends again. This little detail you all will appreciate: when I told her I needed some space to think about things (turned out to be only about five minutes, but whatever), she said she’d be willing to wait “a lonely lifetime, if you want me to”. God , why does she have to know so well how to melt the ice in my heart? I Will was always one of her favorite Beatles songs, and she often played it when we’d drive around in her car. 

The following people thank Turn Left At Greenland for this post:

50yearslate, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, Timothy, The Hole Got Fixed, lovelyritametermaid, meanmistermustard, QuarryMan, Getbackintheussr, TangerineTrees

"And life flows on within you and without you"

"I guess I just wasn't made for these times"

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694