Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
6 March 2020
2.41am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
13201sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m back to work tomorrow after many days off. 

Image result for tantrum gifImage Enlarger

I like my job but it’s not better than taking my time faffing about each day doing next to nothing in not much of a rush. 

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Beatlebug, sigh butterfly, The Hole Got Fixed, TangerineTrees, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

6 March 2020
3.51am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
13202sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^totally relate mmm. Taking your time to faff around is awesome.a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Congrats Fiddy!! Chookas for tomorrow night. a-hard-days-night-john-3

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, 50yearslate, sigh butterfly

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

6 March 2020
6.16am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
13203sp_Permalink sp_Print

“…taking my time faffing about each day doing next to nothing in not much of a rush. “

My retirement plan. It can come soon enough!

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, sigh butterfly, The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars
6 March 2020
7.39am
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
13204sp_Permalink sp_Print

@50yearslate  said

Opening Night of our school musical just concluded and it was very fun. While we did experience a major set malfunction and a minor costume malfunction, we worked things out. My friend has been working on this one really difficult prop that functions about 50% of the time and it totally worked tonight, so that was excellent. Overall I think it went really well and I’m excited for tomorrow’s show!

Congrats Fiddy on what seems to be an overall successful opening night! john-lennon-salute_gif I’m glad you got the malfunctions worked out! Here’s to smooth, successful shows this weekend!!!

Also, what musical are you doing? How did your Hell Week go? 

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

50yearslate, sigh butterfly

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

6 March 2020
9.13am
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
13205sp_Permalink sp_Print

Is Hell Week like tech week? It went pretty well. None of us have really done any homework this week but we survived and got the sets finished and everything. 

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

sigh butterfly, lovelyritametermaid

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

6 March 2020
11.19am
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
13206sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said
Is Hell Week like tech week? It went pretty well. None of us have really done any homework this week but we survived and got the sets finished and everything. 

Yes, Hell Week = tech week and I feel that. It’s good that it went well for you and that you got your sets finished!  Getting homework during tech/Hell week sucks. I remember last year my honors English teacher made our research paper due the Monday after the matinee and everyone was super stressed. I had my laptop up with me in the sound booth so that I could work on it during intermission….. 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

6 March 2020
11.45am
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
13207sp_Permalink sp_Print

^I have a huge English assignment and an enormous APUSH study guide due Monday…. Sunday is going to be just a day of solid homework and it is going to be awful

lovelyritametermaid

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

6 March 2020
6.24pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
13208sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I found my remote!!! ahdn_john_08_gifahdn_john_08_gifahdn_john_08_gifahdn_john_08_gifahdn_john_08_gif

For the first time since last Sunday I am not watching BBC News…

…I am watching The Pledge on Sky News.

It had been swallowed by the sofabed.

I can watch other channels again. Can’t be naffed to close the sofabed right now, stretched out on it instead. Big full metal sprung frame, pain in the proverbial…

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Ahhh Girl, QuarryMan, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

7 March 2020
8.59am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
13209sp_Permalink sp_Print

You need to tie a string around the remote and tie the other end of the string to a sofa leg.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug
7 March 2020
2.27pm
Turn Left At Greenland
Writing home every day
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 192
13210sp_Permalink sp_Print

So, I just finished my little trip to my college to present my Senior Independent Study research! I was a ball of nerves going into my presentation, but based on the questions and feedback I got, I think I did really well (I can also check the video I recorded of it, at the request of my family mccartney-shrug_01_gif). I also handed in my final project–80+ pages of pure joy and anguish. But I’m glad it’s over now, and it definitely confirms for me that I am made for grad school. 

It was weird being back–my educational timeline was screwed up by illness, so I’ve been working on finishing my degree from home. It felt so natural walking around campus and seeing everyone, it really made me miss being there. I was also quite taken aback by how much people missed me. Everyone was so sweet and happy to see me, it was quite an experience. I’m currently living at home in Oregon now (my college is in Ohio), and I have no friends there, so I’m really not looking forward to going back home. But I get to spend a few days staying with a friend in Cincinnati now, which is nice. 

I might keep in touch with a few more people from college. But honestly, I’m the type of person who keeps four or five close friends at a time, and I already have at least that number, so maybe I’ll just keep in touch with the other people less regularly. I don’t know–more than anything, I just don’t want to feel so lonely back home. One of these days I should move out, though I’m not sure when, especially since I’m still recovering.

I am a two-time survivor of Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. As far as cancers to get when you’re young goes, HL is a pretty good one, since it usually responds well to treatment. I happened to relapse within a year of my first treatment, so I had to get a stem cell transplant, which was quite an experience. It’s definitely changed a lot of things in my life–not least of which has been my overall timeline of doing things. I was supposed to finish college last year, and I might have applied to go straight into a PhD program afterwards, but as it is I’m not doing the latter until this coming year, and thus have to figure out what the hell I’m doing in the meantime. My siblings live up in Portland, so I might go up there for awhile before I decide on where I’m going for my PhD. I look forward to updating this lovely group on my progress on those fronts as life flows on–within me and without me, to be clear.

The following people thank Turn Left At Greenland for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, AppleScruffJunior, meanmistermustard, QuarryMan, sigh butterfly, TangerineTrees, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

"And life flows on within you and without you"

"I guess I just wasn't made for these times"

7 March 2020
5.06pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
13211sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congrats TLAG! I hope the future has good things in store for you – particularly no more relapses.heartheart 

Turn Left At Greenland, lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

9 March 2020
5.34pm
TangerineTrees
Behind That Locked Door
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 125
13212sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congratulations @Turn Left At Greenland, I know that good things are in store for you in the future. heart

Also, congrats Fiddy and Rita on your shows (and for getting through Hell Week, which is a struggle in itself). john-lennon-salute_gifheart

Hell Week (or two weeks) for my school musical starts tomorrow, wish me luck lads, I’m going to need it. Luckily I have a lot of tests this week which wouldn’t normally be a good thing, but it’s a miracle when you aren’t given a lot of homework to do while eating dinner at school. Tech week really started today, but they only called up to scene 8 and my first appearance is scene 9, thank goodness. I may have written a 10 page complete tech week survival manual for my friend who has never done theatre before in two hours (most of it was common sense, drink water, sleep as much as possible, etc.). I should really be keeping up with my homework before tech week actually starts right now, but I haven’t been on the BB in a while and I wanted to check up on things. I probably won’t end up doing my homework during tech week anyways, I’ll probably just be playing Magic: The Gathering (don’t judge) with my friend/crush who is into that sort of thing (I still don’t really know how to play). There has been lots of teenage drama at my school recently (which I’ll spare you from reading), but it’s just been stressful. Oh well, enough of me complaining. 

Have a great day everyone! heart

The following people thank TangerineTrees for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Turn Left At Greenland, The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by nature." ~ George Harrison

"I'm Nobody! Who are you? Are you -- Nobody -- too?" ~ Emily Dickinson

9 March 2020
6.03pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
13213sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good luck TT – you know you secretly love Hell Week… right? Right!??!a-hard-days-night-george-10a-hard-days-night-george-10

Meanwhile, another case of COVID-19 that has hit too close to home for comfort (no one I know but they are someone who works at a place that my mum is contracted to right now, but she hasn’t been there for a while so all g) – and has reminded me that the production that I’m putting on as the school production with two friends will probably get disrupted…

Dear Virus,

I can’t be bothered redoing the rehearsal schedule again, so can you please go away?

Sincerely, Holey.

Turn Left At Greenland, TangerineTrees, lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

aus-flag-v-small.png

9 March 2020
6.50pm
TangerineTrees
Behind That Locked Door
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 125
13214sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good luck TT – you know you secretly love Hell Week… right? Right!??!a-hard-days-night-george-10a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank TangerineTrees for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, lovelyritametermaid

"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by nature." ~ George Harrison

"I'm Nobody! Who are you? Are you -- Nobody -- too?" ~ Emily Dickinson

10 March 2020
5.38am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2129
13215sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m hoping I get to work from home. It’s possible.

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

10 March 2020
6.48am
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
13216sp_Permalink sp_Print

TangerineTrees said

Hell Week is fun because I get to do a little self-experiment: how long can I go only running on Red Bull, water, Cosmic Brownies, and power naps? 

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

Beatlebug, Beatlebug, TangerineTrees, TangerineTrees, WeepingAtlasCedars

||She/They ||

10 March 2020
12.24pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
13217sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ugh I just remembered that I’m taking the SAT this Saturday ahdn_paul_01ahdn_paul_01derek-taylor_01_gif

||She/They ||

10 March 2020
1.29pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
13218sp_Permalink sp_Print

^good luck! Go to the bathroom whenever they let you and be sure to also stay hydrated

Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

10 March 2020
4.28pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
13219sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve changed my signature to a quote from Paul Simon’s “The Boy in the Bubble” because I feel like the world feels a lot like that song these days. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Turn Left At Greenland, TangerineTrees

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

11 March 2020
2.10pm
Turn Left At Greenland
Writing home every day
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 192
13220sp_Permalink sp_Print

I decided yesterday to leave my hometown in Southern Oregon and move to Portland, and I’m beginning the job and apartment search. It’s amazing how such seemingly simple things as writing up a resumé can be so gut-wrenching and stressful. Fortunately I have my mom helping me out, and both my older siblings already live up there, so they’re helping too. 

The following people thank Turn Left At Greenland for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, TangerineTrees

"And life flows on within you and without you"

"I guess I just wasn't made for these times"

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691