Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
3 March 2020
10.59am
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
13181sp_Permalink sp_Print

His opening monologue was spectacular, it was great to hear new jokes. And yes, the admiral sketch was fabulous (although to be fair Kate and Aidy deserve a lot of credit for that), it was a nice new twist on The Corporal. Also, did you see the Cut for Time sketches? Love Is Blind is so good and I’m so angry they cut it.

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

3 March 2020
12.15pm
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
13182sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said
His opening monologue was spectacular, it was great to hear new jokes. And yes, the admiral sketch was fabulous (although to be fair Kate and Aidy deserve a lot of credit for that), it was a nice new twist on The Corporal. Also, did you see the Cut for Time sketches? Love Is Blind is so good and I’m so angry they cut it.

I haven’t viewed the CFTs yet, but I read about the Love Is Blend sketch in an article on the news app I have on my phone. And I love Aidy and Kate! I love everything Kate McKinnon does (except the Ghostbusters remake) and she was the only part of Yesterday  (the movie) that I liked. I also enjoy watching Aidy’s own show Shrill from time to time, but I haven’t continued beyond episode three because I got distracted by Pride and Prejudice and all the other new movies and TV that got dumped on Hulu. 

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

3 March 2020
12.35pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
13183sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

AppleScruffJunior said

^Sounds like a crap, weirdo production. 

What are you going to see @meanmistermustard?

I love me some theatre.

It was some proper Glasgow theatre garbage. Hated it. 

I’m going to see ’Dial M For Murder’ at the Threatre Royal in Glasgow, it was the only thing on in months which wasn’t a comedy or musical, both of which I couldn’t sit thru. Hopefully be a good night but no harm trying new things. Better that than sitting in the house watching the latest affair in a TV soap. Plus I’m on annul leave so you can argue that is paid for by not working. 

Seeing two films at the cinema first (’Dark Waters’ and ’The True History of the Kelly Gang’). Considering I was ill and stuck in my house and local area for a week and have only gone further for a few hours for the football last Saturday, I feel like John in his song ’I’m Stepping Out’.

Reviews for that have been pretty positive so hopefully you’ll enjoy.

Oklahoma (and the ‘classics’ in general) can be quite hit-or-miss. You have the groups that try and ‘redo’ or modernise them (as it sounds like yours was) or they go through the motions and it’s stale because they know people will want to go see Oklahoma, Annie Get Your Gun, Hello Dolly, Fiddler… etc. etc. 

Looking at what’s coming through Glasgow in the next few months you don’t have a great choice, seems every comedian in the world is stopping there and William Shatner (it’s a meet and greet so you can ask him why he’s notoriously such a dick) and the musicals that are always touring Phantom, Les Mis, Blood Brothers. I don’t know how many theatres the website I used included but you probably need to be looking out for more amateur productions if you’re interested in plays.

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

3 March 2020
12.54pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
13184sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah. It’s pretty poor selections on offer, ’An Inspector Calls’ is coming up later this month and it was a decent book when I read it in my English class (one of the few books covered that I liked), but here just now and all seems so tightly wound. Like staying in a five-star hotel where everyone is so damn intent on being gracious, proper and determined that everything is perfect when all you want is folk to be relaxed and helpful. Basically, I feel like a two-bit dogsbody who’s wandered into Windsor Castle, sat in the wrong seat and am about to feast on a 23-course meal. That may change but I wish folk would loosen up. Plus there is a ton of football on. I just want to try things and see what it’s all like. 

Not that any of that makes me want to leave. I get stubborn to the point where I carry on being nice, casual and polite. The really uptight ones hate it.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

3 March 2020
1.37pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
13185sp_Permalink sp_Print

lovelyritametermaid said

50yearslate said

I haven’t viewed the CFTs yet, but I read about the Love Is Blend sketch in an article on the news app I have on my phone. And I love Aidy and Kate! I love everything Kate McKinnon does (except the Ghostbusters remake) and she was the only part of Yesterday  (the movie) that I liked. I also enjoy watching Aidy’s own show Shrill from time to time, but I haven’t continued beyond episode three because I got distracted by Pride and Prejudice and all the other new movies and TV that got dumped on Hulu. 

Kate McKinnon is my favourite cast member and she is a goddess And I Love Her

lovelyritametermaid

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

3 March 2020
1.51pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
13186sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s a beautiful grey pouring-rain-intermittently day, I’m sitting next to the window drinking a pot of my favorite oolong tea and listening to Radiohead while doing some last-minute local candidate research, and I’m as happy as a daffodil a-hard-days-night-george-9

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

3 March 2020
2.14pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
13187sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said
It’s a beautiful grey pouring-rain-intermittently day, I’m sitting next to the window drinking a pot of my favorite oolong tea and listening to Radiohead while doing some last-minute local candidate research, and I’m as happy as a daffodil a-hard-days-night-george-9

1) Oolong is good but Earl Grey is 100% better. Sorry I don’t make the rules, I just follow them. 2) It is also pouring rain in Pennsylvania and everything has that lovely damp-rain-smell 3) I always wanted to get into Radiohead but I never knew where to start so advice on where to start is appreciated a-hard-days-night-paul-7 

I’m currently at musical rehearsal, bored out of my mind and watching Daniel Sloss on Netflix while attempting to do my pre-calc homework. I also just got yelled out along with the other stage managers about something that I wasn’t even the least bit responsible for and I’m not happy about it. I was basically ridiculed for not doing my job even though I am doing my fecking job as stage manager and I do it well

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, TangerineTrees, WeepingAtlasCedars

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

3 March 2020
3.27pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
13188sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

@lovelyritametermaid
1) Earl Grey is the greatest tea known to man, but I don’t have any right now so Oolong is a very close second. 2) I love rain. a-hard-days-night-george-9 3) Radiohead is like broccoli: either you love them or hate them. I recommend starting with their seminal OK Computer so you’ll at least have knowledge of that cultural phenomenon, or The Bends if you like a bit more chinga-chinga songs, or my personal favorite In Rainbows because it’s got lovely atmospheric ballads. I was just listening to A Moon Shaped Pool, their latest, which is very similar to In Rainbows and therefore also one of my favorites. If you just want song recommendations to start with, then I’d say “Weird Fishes/Arpeggi,” “Street Spirit (Fade Out),” and “Subterranean Homesick Alien.” ahdn_john_08_gif

(That was truly difficult. Even harder than deciding who to vote for, honestly a-hard-days-night-paul-10)

Normally I’d say start at the beginning, but Pablo Honey is in my opinion almost wholly unremarkable 90’s alt-rock. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

The Hole Got Fixed, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

3 March 2020
3.45pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
13189sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am sorry, Rita, it’s never nice to get yelled at. Our play rehearsals often have a lot of yelling among techies but it’s less “I’m mad at you” and more “I am stressed and so I am making my voice loud.” Also, you have multiple stage managers? How does that work?

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

3 March 2020
4.42pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
13190sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said
@lovelyritametermaid

1) Earl Grey is the greatest tea known to man, but I don’t have any right now so Oolong is a very close second. 2) I love rain. a-hard-days-night-george-9 3) Radiohead is like broccoli: either you love them or hate them. I recommend starting with their seminal OK Computer so you’ll at least have knowledge of that cultural phenomenon, or The Bends if you like a bit more chinga-chinga songs, or my personal favorite In Rainbows because it’s got lovely atmospheric ballads. I was just listening to A Moon Shaped Pool, their latest, which is very similar to In Rainbows and therefore also one of my favorites. If you just want song recommendations to start with, then I’d say “Weird Fishes/Arpeggi,” “Street Spirit (Fade Out),” and “Subterranean Homesick Alien.” ahdn_john_08_gif

(That was truly difficult. Even harder than deciding who to vote for, honestly a-hard-days-night-paul-10)

Normally I’d say start at the beginning, but Pablo Honey is in my opinion almost wholly unremarkable 90’s alt-rock. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

1) It’s such a shame you don’t have any Earl Grey right now I wish I could send you a box

2) Thanks a lot for the suggestions! I really appreciate it!heartpaul-mccartney-thumb_gifa-hard-days-night-paul-7 I have heard their most popular song “Creep” (and spent many a marching band bus ride badly singing it with my best friend), and I am excited to explore further! (also, I really dig the Dylan reference in that one song and how their name itself is a Talking Heads reference) john-lennon-salute_gif

@50yearslate  said
I am sorry, Rita, it’s never nice to get yelled at. Our play rehearsals often have a lot of yelling among techies but it’s less “I’m mad at you” and more “I am stressed and so I am making my voice loud.” Also, you have multiple stage managers? How does that work?

Yeah, there’s a lot of “stressed out” yelling at ours too. I’m extremely guilty of yelling at my run crew or any other techies under me because of my stress levels as well as sometimes there are freshmen/newer members who think that they know it all already (Spoiler alert: they don’t) so they act like complete arseholes and don’t listen to me even when I’m trying to make sure that you don’t hurt yourself and/or anyone else! That’s not how you bolt a platform and you don’t use mcfrickin 3-inch screws with facing nor do you leave wood scattered in messy piles all over the place nor do you screw around with a circular saw without securing the plywood correctly and don’t mess around with the sound equipment that’s not yours and being on the run crew doesn’t mean you get to hang out and chit chat at a normal level of voice backstage while a show is going on and then disappear when I need you but anyhoo….

Open for an explanation on the stage manager system at my theater: 

Yes, we have three-stage managers. There’s the Head Stage Manager (my friend Jake who’s an idiot but a really dear friend all the same) and two Assistant Stage Managers (Ryan and of course myself a-hard-days-night-paul-7). The HSM is positioned in the sound/control booth with the sound engineer, the SFX person, the lighting director, and the light crew. He/she basically watches the show and makes sure everything goes smoothly from the front of the house and also cues the ASMs and sometimes the sound and light crews. The ASMs are in the wings of the stage and have their own desks in each wing (my desk/station is stage left and people like to leave random crap on it for no reason other than they’re too lazy to find its proper place). All three SMs + sound engineer + lighting directors have headsets to communicate. The ASMs get cues and/or notes from the HSM from the booth and then relate those cues/notes to the run crew. ASMs also make sure that all is well and in order backstage and make sure that actors get on stage on time and that basically everything else is fine and dandy (though seldom it is.) Outside of the actual show (pre- and post-production), all three of us basically have the same jobs and authority. We all have to mark our scripts for cues, props, ideas, changes, tech stuff, etc and we all have to be leaders and role models during rehearsals and tech sessions. We also serve as a communicator between the director, the technical director, the actors, and all tech crews (sound, lighting, make-up, costumes, etc.) 

Next year I’m going to be HSM (I have more experience than Ryan because I’m a junior whereas he is a sophomore, plus I believe that overall I have performed better than him leadership, communications, and problem-solving wise). Usually, all three of us get along well, though there is sometimes a bit of headbutting and toe-stepping, but we work through it as maturely as possible. a-hard-days-night-george-9 We talk through disagreements, check up on things with each other, talk in our cute little SM group chat, share memes, and have Stage Manager Bonding Time (which is just us three hanging out and BSing). We also have a tradition of Jake driving us to Wendy’s before at least one show for dinner and then a quick stop at a nearby drugstore for Red Bull (for us) and snacks and water (for the tech crews). It’s all quite fun/stressful/exhausting/draining/the best time of my life. 

(I spoiler-ed it because its quite lengthy and I want to keep everything neat-looking) 

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

||She/They ||

3 March 2020
8.07pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
13191sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh that sounds kinda like what we do- the stage manager is in the tech booth and the AD is in charge on stage left and the head of sets is in charge on stage right. I guess they’re sorta like assistant stage managers except the AD has more authority…

lovelyritametermaid

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

4 March 2020
12.00am
Turn Left At Greenland
Writing home every day
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 192
13192sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just want to share that my dad just used the word “texpert” in an email with me, and I’m very happy a-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank Turn Left At Greenland for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Ahhh Girl, 50yearslate, Beatlebug, Von Bontee, TangerineTrees, WeepingAtlasCedars

"And life flows on within you and without you"

"I guess I just wasn't made for these times"

4 March 2020
4.49pm
NickCanadaCore
Manitoba (Erm, Toronto now(Erm, St. John’s now)), Canada
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 114
13193sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s been a while, hope everyone is doing well!

i don’t even know what I posted around this forum the last time I was around. But I guess I can say I moved to Newfoundland by myself and am just working and trying to be independent. I’ve found a new hobby at the arcade; playing hours of Pump It Up (think of it as Dance dance Revolution , but diagonal arrows and a centre button), and have made a friend group as well as a little community of people who enjoy the same game. As always I would love to stop by the forum more often and play more forum games, cheers all.

The following people thank NickCanadaCore for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, QuarryMan, TangerineTrees, WeepingAtlasCedars

How can I tell you about my loved one

4 March 2020
5.06pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
13194sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome back @NickCanadaCore, good to see you around again.

NickCanadaCore, lovelyritametermaid

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

4 March 2020
5.36pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
13195sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey @NickCanadaCore ! Nice to see you again. Glad to hear everything’s going well.

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

NickCanadaCore, lovelyritametermaid

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

4 March 2020
9.15pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
13196sp_Permalink sp_Print

Today I finally asked the male member of the human species that I am interested in if he would like to see the movie “Onward” with me this weekend. At first, I was disappointed because he replied that he was already planning on seeing it with his brother (which I find nice since the movie is about two brothers). I said that it was ok and that I was already asking other people if they would like to go (which is a lie. I absolutely haven’t asked other people yet). Then, all of sudden later in the day he texts me saying “maybe I can see it twice depends on the day,” which I kind of took as a positive sign. Of course, I’m anxious about the whole thing. I don’t like liking people. It’s very inconvenient and has hurt me in the past, so I have a lot of trepidations and insecurities and its very hard for me to look forward to the “ideal” outcome because I don’t want to get my hopes up. However, a lot of our mutual friends, as well as other people, have told me that, while he hasn’t explicitly stated interest in me, he seems to generally act differently with me than he would a regular friend (in a positive sense, of course. To quote my friend: “he doesn’t make too much of an effort with people if he doesn’t care. Based on what I have seen and what you relay to me, he’s making quite an effort to talk to you and interact with you.” ). A lot of them also believe that we’re a good match overall. Ugh I don’t know…..situations like these always seem so frivolous and stupid to me.   I wish things were more straightforward a-hard-days-night-paul-7. I really like this guy– I really like spending time with him and talking to him and debating with him. I like him to the point where even if things didn’t work out, I’d be fine with having him just as a good friend…..but still the bonuses to being more than friends with him don’t sound too shabby…..a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Anyhoo I hope all y’all have a lovely week heartand that you all remember to wash your hands thoroughly and frequently a-hard-days-night-ringo-15 !apple01apple01

Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, QuarryMan, Von Bontee, TangerineTrees, WeepingAtlasCedars

||She/They ||

4 March 2020
9.30pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
13197sp_Permalink sp_Print

God , that sounds so damn complicated. Every time people start to talk about any aspect of dating I’m so glad I can’t relate a-hard-days-night-john-6

With that having been said… good luck and keep Corona-Chan and her evil pals at bay john-lennon-salute_gif

lovelyritametermaid

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

5 March 2020
3.03am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2129
13198sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a problem with daydreaming and setting up expectations in my mind. So when something doesn’t go the way I expect, particularly with someone, I have crushing depression, which turns into hate and then apathy. 

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, QuarryMan, WeepingAtlasCedars

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

5 March 2020
6.18am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
13199sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Currently watching the last ever episode of ‘Inspector Morse’, one of the few series I will watch repeatedly. So sad seeing him at the end waiting for death, heck, he was almost demanding it came and took him so his misery and loneliness could end. Once again left on his own, about to retire with little away from the force, desperately ill, and to live longer he had to stop drinking. So he drank more, refused to retire earlier and died solving a case. Can’t blame him.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Von Bontee

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

6 March 2020
12.32am
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
13200sp_Permalink sp_Print

Opening Night of our school musical just concluded and it was very fun. While we did experience a major set malfunction and a minor costume malfunction, we worked things out. My friend has been working on this one really difficult prop that functions about 50% of the time and it totally worked tonight, so that was excellent. Overall I think it went really well and I’m excited for tomorrow’s show!

AppleScruffJunior, QuarryMan, Ahhh Girl, lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, TangerineTrees, TangerineTrees, WeepingAtlasCedars

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691