Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
27 January 2020
1.58pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
13061sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
I don’t know why I said ‘he’, stupid ASJ. Typical townie girl, eh?

Nothing stupid about that, I never specified she was a hen. : )

My friends has chickens, nice little fellas, very stupid but good pets. 

I have a few friends who can walk around with their chickens on their shoulders, it’s pretty cute.

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, TangerineTrees, WeepingAtlasCedars

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

27 January 2020
4.20pm
TangerineTrees
Behind That Locked Door
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 125
13062sp_Permalink sp_Print

One of our chickens died today.

Rest in peace, Poppy. heartheartheart

Losing a pet is hard, they seem to understand us in a way humans can’t. Sending love to you and your family, Fiddy. heartheartheart

The following people thank TangerineTrees for this post:

50yearslate

"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by nature." ~ George Harrison

"I'm Nobody! Who are you? Are you -- Nobody -- too?" ~ Emily Dickinson

27 January 2020
8.39pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
13063sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I do apologise, @50yearslate. I thought the line, there was a Nasty cackle, and it had been posted. Had you put it in RIP, where most pets go, would never have crossed my mind. I wasn’t thinking of it as a pet, and am sorry.

Of course, where I’m sitting now, just a mile or two that way <– (the arrow should be pointing left) is Orpington, where I was grew and raised (I live about a twenty minute walk from childhood home), where the Buff Orpington was first bred by William Cook in the 19th Century, one of two variations on the Black Orpington, the other being the Lavender Orpington.

Again, my most humble apologies.

heartheartheart

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, 50yearslate, Beatlebug, QuarryMan, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

27 January 2020
9.03pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
13064sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
I do apologise, @50yearslate. I thought the line, there was a Nasty cackle, and it had been posted. Had you put it in RIP, where most pets go, would never have crossed my mind. I wasn’t thinking of it as a pet, and am sorry.

Of course, where I’m sitting now, just a mile or two that way <– (the arrow should be pointing left) is Orpington, where I was grew and raised (I live about a twenty minute walk from childhood home), where the Buff Orpington was first bred by William Cook in the 19th Century, one of two variations on the Black Orpington, the other being the Lavender Orpington.

Again, my most humble apologies.

heartheartheart

It’s ok. I guess that could be confusing. I just didn’t want to put it in RIP because Holey had just posted in there and I felt that it wouldn’t be appropriate.

Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

27 January 2020
10.53pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
13065sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s a being that was close to a forumpudlian – it can always go in rest in peace, regardless of whether we have another post in the threadheartheart

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

QuarryMan, Beatlebug, 50yearslate, WeepingAtlasCedars

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

28 January 2020
8.50pm
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
13066sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said
One of our chickens died today.

Sorry to hear about your chicken @50yearslate. Most of the people in my family have big enough yards to have multiple roosts. I can’t because I live between a river and a creek and the local critters come wandering into the neighborhood almost every night. At Thanksgiving some of the little kids decided to feed the chickens their salad. The chickens got mad and started pecking at the screen for their usual snack of raisins.

81594038_10220482560869558_2578195286409084928_n.jpgImage Enlarger

Btw, anyone need some eggs… 

Unknown-2.jpegImage Enlarger

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, QuarryMan, 50yearslate, WeepingAtlasCedars

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

28 January 2020
9.19pm
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
13067sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Hole Got Fixed said

I was also told that one of her cousins was going to come at some point to say goodbye.

Now, I’ve been able to say, for the last 17 years and 11 months of my life, that I’m an only child with no cousins. And suddenly, this relative I just met tells me that he is in fact my grandmother’s son, when she had an affair during uni… and that I do, in fact, have a cousin – though you could argue she’s actually a half-cousin.

That’s kind of changed a few things in my life. But life goes on (la-la-la-la life goes on!)

neil-aspinall

My condolences @The Hole Got Fixed. I lost both of my grandmas years ago, but I still hold them close to my heart. They really cared for me (above and beyond) heart

By coincidence there was a news report this weekend regarding the genetic genealogy companies. They surveyed the companies and found that over 25% of the findings contained a surprise to the subject. They have had to give special training to their customer service staff to provide the sensitive counseling required to help people cope. One lady is a middle child of 5 and found out her mother could not be her biological one. Her biological mom was in the database, but everyone involved had already passed away. She hired a private detective who found that her biological mother had worked for her dad’s grocery store for 2 days in the 40s. The lady has started a support group for folks in similar situations. That generation used a lot of secrets to hide their sexuality. When my dad was experiencing a slow death from Parkinson’s desease, he told me their was a family secret but it was too painful to reveal. I must admit I’ve wondered about it and looked closely at dates on old pictures, but don’t want to cause issues in my family as my mom is still alive. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, lovelyritametermaid

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

29 January 2020
7.44pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
13068sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Fecked off with my landlord’s maintenance subcontractor.

They needed to do a gas safety inspection and, for various reasons, mostly theirs, it hadn’t been done. For instance, the last appointment I was asked if I wanted the engineer to call me when he was on his way. I said that that would be great, especially as the door intercom was broken at time. The engineer didn’t phone, tried used the broken door intercom when he arrived, and then just reported it as a denial of access.

Anyway, they sent me another appointment for today, saying it would be PM. I logged into the website this morning and it said the visit would be between 13:05 and 15:10. So, I popped over the shops at just after 10. When I got back about quarter-to-11, my locked meter cupboard in the communal hall had been crowbarred open, and he’d stuck some stupid sign in there, above the gas pipes, saying, “DANGER! DO NOT USE!”

I do not use gas, I’m all electric, was like that when I moved in over twenty years ago. There are two sealed and capped gas pipes in the cupboard with a gap between them where a meter would go. What the hell would I possibly be using disconnected and sealed gas pipes for?

So, this guy breaks open my meter cupboard, busting the lock, leaves a stupid note that makes no sense because I have no gas supply to use, and uses the excuse (I assume) that I wasn’t in the morning though that was because I was given an afternoon appointment.

Big argument with them coming tomorrow or Friday I think.

blue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanie

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

QuarryMan

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

30 January 2020
4.58am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
13069sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m on annual leave and, for the first time in a couple of years, going nowhere far away nor doing much at all. 

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

30 January 2020
1.48pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
13070sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I place to go to one new or big event a month so tomorrow I am going to a basketball match and in March I have a show at the theatre booked. Beethoven is playing in Glasgow in February (he’s making a return after a long time away from the music scene) so if possible I’ll go to that. Tickets for the snooker in April (at the home of snooker) and the Euro’s in June.

Ahhh Girl, lovelyritametermaid

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

31 January 2020
12.22pm
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
13071sp_Permalink sp_Print

Today I was supposed to donate blood at a blood drive that’s held at our school three times a year, but I ended up not being able to because I was slightly off the iron level requirement (my left arm had like 12.0 and my right arm had 12.3. The requirement is 12.5…) So I had to trudge all the way back to class, where I had a chemistry test and surprise, surprise I studied for the test but there were still questions that I didn’t know that answers to because the teacher didn’t teach us what they were asking.  I’m quite frustrated and upset because I really wanted to donate, but I guess I’ll just wait until the end of the year blood drive in May….until then I’ll just work on boosting my iron levels… 

This whole day so far has just been one whole “Bruh” moment

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

31 January 2020
2.40pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
13072sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am terribly sorry about that. I hate when teachers put questions like that on tests.

lovelyritametermaid

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

1 February 2020
4.05pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
13073sp_Permalink sp_Print

Had plans today but tiredness related to illness came flooding in and instead have spent it in the house. It’s frustrating feeling ok when sitting only to feel exhausted as soon as you move. Thankfully sport has been on TV for most of the day (let’s ignore the Six Nations). All will be back to normal in the morning. 

The Hole Got Fixed, lovelyritametermaid

1 February 2020
5.11pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3759
13074sp_Permalink sp_Print

Caught the train home for a night’s recuperation before the next week of term, and have had a nice evening with my parents watching the Talking Heads film Stop Making Sense on tv. Also, if there’s one thing I get homesick for at uni, it’s baths. They are truly a godsend. 

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

1 February 2020
8.01pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
13075sp_Permalink sp_Print

I got to see some friends today who I haven’t seen in a while, so that was quite fun. I did happen to fall into a creek, but thankfully my phone was in my brother’s pocket so there was no lasting harm. 

QuarryMan, Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

1 February 2020
8.08pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
13076sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Sounds funahdn_john_08_gifahdn_john_08_gif

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

1 February 2020
9.55pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
13077sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Hole Got Fixed said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Sounds funahdn_john_08_gifahdn_john_08_gif

Apart from the much-colder-than-I-thought water, yes, it was a-hard-days-night-george-9

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2 February 2020
5.31am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
13078sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Had plans today but tiredness related to illness came flooding in and instead have spent it in the house. It’s frustrating feeling ok when sitting only to feel exhausted as soon as you move. Thankfully sport has been on TV for most of the day (let’s ignore the Six Nations). All will be back to normal in the morning. 

Heh heh heh heh >:) 

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

2 February 2020
10.50am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
13079sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

meanmistermustard said

Heh heh heh heh >:) 

Since you mentioned it; England losing to France in Paris. Nice of England to cheer me up after yesterday. 

And how the hell does your captain drop the ball 1 yard away from the touchline with no one near him to not get the try?

2 February 2020
2.04pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
13080sp_Permalink sp_Print

2020 in Oz: bushfires, choking smoke, hailstorms, heatwaves. Oh, and that beer virus.

Otherwise life goes on. Hopefully it gets better. 

I’m an eternal optimist. Except when I’m not. 

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

sigh butterfly

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: KyleKartan
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691