Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
21 January 2020
2.04pm
Tony Japanese
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 913
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
13021sp_Permalink sp_Print

In roughly six days time my wife and I will responsible for the welfare of a Tiny Japanese. 

The following people thank Tony Japanese for this post:

Ahhh Girl, TangerineTrees, QuarryMan, Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, 50yearslate, vonbontee, WeepingAtlasCedars, sigh butterfly, SgtPeppersBulldog
21 January 2020
2.38pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
13022sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well we don’t have World History- for Leaving Cert history (solely looking at the Later Period 1815-1993), you answer either one or two questions (it changes every year) on Irish history so that could be relations with the British government pre- and post Famine (1815 to 1870), the planning of fighting for independence from Britain and the general bitter relationships that some of the Irish population had with Westminster (1870 to 1914), the initial fights for freedom, the eventual formation of the Republic and the baby country’s first steps (1912-1949), the Irish diaspora which is more social history but anti-Irish stigma in the US and the UK, the impact of Irish film and music blah blah (1840-1966), and finally everyone’s least favourite module…*drum roll*, Northern Ireland, how it developed pre-Troubles, the Troubles, and down with Thatcher (1949-1993, it doesn’t even do the Good Friday Agreement- shameful).

The other questions are European and US-based, shamefully there’s no South American, African, Asian or Australian history on it but our ties with them are relatively slim compared to the US and Europe so it’s probably not “worth it” from an Irish educator’s perspective.

Those questions deal with nationalism and state formation in Europe (1815 to 1871, a lot of Bismarck), Nation States and International Tensions (1871-1920, WW1, Imperalist Russia etc. etc.), Dictatorship and Democracy in Europe (1920-1945, DON’T MENTION ZE WAR!!!!!), Division and Realignment in Europe (1945-1992, Soviet Union, Hungarian uprising and the best bit of all John is a person you can write an essay about if he comes up, he normally isn’t on the more ‘advanced’ paper and is on the ordinary paper but a question like this has come up before ‘How did two of the following challenge widely?held views: Alexander Solzhenitsyn; Simone de Beauvoir; John Lennon ?’, guaranteed at least half marks for that question lads), the break-up of the British, French and Portugese empires (1945-1990), and finally as previously mentioned the US part. 

As you can see it’s A LOT to learn, each section has its own book and you study 4 books (each book is about 200 pages long). You also have to do a separate own research project which is worth 20% of your overall grade. 

Now whether you were actually asking for questions that affect you seeing as you’re not in the Irish educational system, a quick Google gives me some sample AP World History exam questions here (I love how ye have MCQs, that must be so nice, it’s all essays here, no guessing 🙁 )

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

21 January 2020
3.05pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
13023sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

SgtPeppersBulldog said
I have to write original music for both my college project and university course auditions (I still haven’t decided if I want to go to the latter but it’s compulsory to enrol so I have the option in future). Kinda exciting but also a little tense and overwhelming writing under their time limits a-hard-days-night-ringo-14 but I’m trying my best to even things out and come up with songs I can use for both. Hopefully I can share the college project here when it’s finished in a couple of months. ahdn_george_08I should also mention I’m doing surveys and questionnaires as part of this project, so if you want to be involved, PM me! Some things I will be asking now, but I’ll also be asking for feedback once it’s completed and available. 

I’m Down !!

Tony Japanese said 

In roughly six days time my wife and I will responsible for the welfare of a Tiny Japanese. 

Congrats man! I presume Tiny Japanese will get a Beatley namea-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars, SgtPeppersBulldog

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

21 January 2020
3.16pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
13024sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tony Japanese said

@Tony Japanese , hopefully you’ll have something to add to https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..e-beatles/  in the coming months and years. paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars
21 January 2020
3.17pm
Tony Japanese
Shea Stadium
Members
13025sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Hole Got Fixed said

Tony Japanese said 

Congrats man! I presume Tiny Japanese will get a Beatley namea-hard-days-night-george-10

Certainly. Although we can’t decide between ‘Bulldog’ or ‘Truffle’.

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, 50yearslate, WeepingAtlasCedars, SgtPeppersBulldog
21 January 2020
3.21pm
Tony Japanese
Shea Stadium
Members
13026sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Tony Japanese said

@Tony Japanese , hopefully you’ll have something to add to https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..e-beatles/  in the coming months and years. paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

I will let you know if singing ‘Helter Skelter ‘ has the desired sleep-inducing effects over Tiny Japanese, or if ‘Golden Slumbers ‘ is still a more appropriate choice.

Ahhh Girl, QuarryMan, sir walter raleigh, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, SgtPeppersBulldog
21 January 2020
3.22pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
13027sp_Permalink sp_Print

Aww wee baby Japanese, best wishes and enjoy the last few nights of sleep you’ll get in a while 😉 

For name suggestions, you know, AppleScruffJunior is a very original and frankly unique name, all the other kids in school will love it.

Congrats to you and your wife! 

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

QuarryMan, Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars, SgtPeppersBulldog

21 January 2020
5.57pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3761
13028sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tony Japanese said

Congratulations! 

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

21 January 2020
7.46pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
13029sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congratulations to @Tony Japanese and Mrs Japanese, and many blessings to you and your little bundle of joy/terror* in the years to come! For your sakes, may your child be better-behaved than I (I was an essentially good kid, but I had no filter and careless, impulsive, self-righteous leanings), and a better sleeper than my sister (who didn’t sleep through the night till she was four). And for its own sake as well as yours, may your child ever be smiled upon by the grace of Jupiter/God /the universe at large/whatever deity or force of good fortune you subscribe to. a-hard-days-night-george-9 apple01

*Even the best of us are, as an old observation has it, both “fearfully and wonderfully made”. If all goes as expected, you will have great lows and greater highs. a-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, QuarryMan, SgtPeppersBulldog

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

21 January 2020
8.12pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
13030sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tony Japanese said

CONGRATULATIONS apple01heartbeatlemaniacs_02_gif

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

22 January 2020
4.19pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5445
13031sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tony Japanese said

Fantastic news! heart

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

22 January 2020
4.42pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
13032sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Accidentally applied for a job where the salary is a whopping €21,000. I bet I’ll get a bloody interview for this one though- you can shove it if you think I’d work 40 hours a week in a busy office for €21,000 when I can loll around in a shop for the same hours for just under €20,000 or better yet go on unemployment and get a load of free benefits and almost €11,000 a year. I can stay at home, read books, watch telly, up-skill myself at home and go out and cycle on my bike. Top life.

The cheek of wanting to pay a PERSON WITH A DEGREE €21,000 and these jobs were in cities like Paris, London and Dublin. Enjoy being homeless or if you’re lucky, sleeping in your car although I don’t know if you’d be able to keep one running at €21,000.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

22 January 2020
8.06pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
13033sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congratulations, @Tony Japanese! apple01

I’ve got my second and last exam for this semester tomorrow (Part B Multiple Choice ELA Reading Comprehension, which I should be studying fora-hard-days-night-john-6*), and then I’ll have just over a week off, completely free from school-related responsibilities.a-hard-days-night-john-1

*Then again, I’m not certain there’s much you could study for that exam, other than understanding literary terms. Most of them are very simple ones that you start learning around late elementary/early junior high and already know pretty well anyway.

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

sigh butterfly, Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, SgtPeppersBulldog

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

22 January 2020
8.46pm
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
13034sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Good luck on your exam @WeepingAtlasCedars and enjoy the time off. Hopefully you are not experiencing full-blown winter. In N. Cali it was the first day in months that I got to wear a tee shirt. I’m back to my volunteer activities next week. I’m adding a once a week position at the local animal shelter. I haven’t been to orientation yet but the admin said I’ll be providing the animals with “emotional support”. a-hard-days-night-paul-7We’ll see how it goes…

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

22 January 2020
9.08pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
13035sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks, sigh butterfly! Actually, the weather’s been pretty good for winter time over the past couple days. It’s about 0C right now, which is absolutely balmy taking into account that only a week or so ago the temperatures were regularly in the -30 range with the windchill. ahdn_paul_01

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

Beatlebug, sigh butterfly

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

22 January 2020
9.43pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
13036sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s been pretty chilly where I am (which is relatively unusual for my neck of the woods). I’m enjoying the wintery weather, actually, it feels right for January.

I had a go at waxing the kitchen countertops today (I’m not crazy, it’s beeswax/walnut oil on beech butcher block) with a power polisher and I had quite a good time blasting Presence in my earbuds (safely swaddled in ear protection of course), pondering gun control arguments and making the countertops all golden and silky. It’s quite meditative and it tickles my hands-on touchy-feely bone. ahdn_george_06

lovelyritametermaid

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

23 January 2020
12.06am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2143
13037sp_Permalink sp_Print

Back to work on Tuesday, so I’ve still got 5 days left. a-hard-days-night-john-7

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

23 January 2020
7.01am
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
13038sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ugh, today I’m grounded (lost my phone privileges: can’t text anyone but my family, can’t use any apps that aren’t school-related, etc. I can’t even read my e-book….but at least I still have Apple Music….) because I forgot to take the trash out yesterday…I understand that my step-dad’s upset with me for not doing it, but in my defense, my reminder to do it didn’t go off on my phone (I’m a very forgetful person). I also got yelled at for not closing the door this morning on my way out, even though I’m pretty certain I did. *sigh* Oh well….first world problems. 

I have a swim meet later today, which is pretty exciting considering if our boys’ team wins this meet they’ll have a very good chance of being section champs. My jazz band is also performing in public this weekend at a jazz festival at one of the local high schools, and I’m pretty nervous and kind of don’t want to do it, just because my introverted self would rather in my room on a Saturday night reading and playing guitar and not on stage playing trumpet. 

*Edit: I also just checked my grades and found out that I got a 65% on my Unit 4 Exam for APUSH, which brought my overall grade down from a B+ (87%) to a B- (83%).  Wow, how terrificahdn_paul_01.  (It doesn’t help my confidence that two girls in my class are complaining about getting an 85% and 87% on the exam) And today’s the end of the marking period so I don’t even have time to bring it back up. I also got an 84% on my last Pre-Calc test, which irks me because I was so confident I had gotten everything perfect! I don’t even want to imagine what I got on the chemistry test I took yesterday….which I literally knew nothing that was on it and left multiple questions blank….. I can’t wait to get yelled at about my grades from my perfectionist parents when I get home…..

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

sigh butterfly, QuarryMan, WeepingAtlasCedars

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

23 January 2020
12.13pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
13039sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m sor you have to deal with that, @lovelyritametermaid. As far as I know, not having had much personal experience, yelling never brought anyone’s grades up. Have an apple: apple01apple02

lovelyritametermaid, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

23 January 2020
1.05pm
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
13040sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

@lovelyritametermaid – I’ve had days like these (strange daze indeed)a-hard-days-night-john-7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?…..6Q9706Gyy8

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, SgtPeppersBulldog

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24963, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694