Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
12 January 2020
8.59pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
13001sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Hole Got Fixed and I screamed in one voice
WEEEEEEEEEEEEPYCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!

You’re back!!!

Glad to hear you’ve been having some fun with certain concerts and the like…

Don’t leave us againa-hard-days-night-george-10a-hard-days-night-george-10a-hard-days-night-george-10 and it’s great to have you back!  

beatlemaniacs_02_gif

You missed JIMMYMAS! Ah well, you’re not too late for Led Zeppelin’s first album’s anniversary. ahdn_john_08_gif

So glad to have you back! I fervently hope we’ll be seeing you around more often now. a-hard-days-night-george-9apple01

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

QuarryMan, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

13 January 2020
9.47am
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
13002sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Hole Got Fixed said

You’re back!!!

Don’t leave us againa-hard-days-night-george-10a-hard-days-night-george-10a-hard-days-night-george-10 and it’s great to have you back!

edit: i may also have just broken the multi-thanks record? eek don’t kill me Joe I’m sorryahdn_george_06

iirc you previously held the record of six… we can check the history thread

@WeepingAtlasCedars hi! James Taylor is awesome, I’m quite jealous a-hard-days-night-george-9 glad to see you around!

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

QuarryMan, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

13 January 2020
10.11am
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
13003sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said

The Hole Got Fixed and I screamed in one voice

You’re back!!!

beatlemaniacs_02_gif

You missed JIMMYMAS! Ah well, you’re not too late for Led Zeppelin’s first album’s anniversary. ahdn_john_08_gif

So glad to have you back! I fervently hope we’ll be seeing you around more often now. a-hard-days-night-george-9apple01

Ah, the famous @WeepingAtlasCedars I’ve been hearing a lot about during my Zeppathon… Glad that you’re here! I look forward to seeing you around and getting to know you! a-hard-days-night-george-9john-lennon-salute_gif 

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

13 January 2020
1.26pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
13004sp_Permalink sp_Print

Great to see you back around @WeepingAtlasCedars   a-hard-days-night-john-3

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

17 January 2020
9.29am
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
13005sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welp, I just registered to take the SATs in March and June….meaning I should probably actually start prepping for them. a-hard-days-night-paul-4a-hard-days-night-paul-4 I also was just informed that in about two weeks time is when the juniors (of which I am one) will be making schedules for senior year, so, naturally, I was thrown into an existential crisis, wondering where all the time has gone and also freaking out over the fact that next year is my last year before I get thrown out of my comfort zone into college. I know what classes I’m gonna take already (AP Micro/Macro Economics, AP Calc AB, AP Physics 1, AP Literature, Band, French IV), so there’s no stress there but it’s just thrown me for a loop. 

This week has been overall hectic and exhausting (I’ve been having headaches all week due to western Pennsylvania not being able to make up its mind about the weather) and I can’t wait for tomorrow, where I’ll get to see my guitar teacher and then unwind at a party a-hard-days-night-paul-7

I hope all of y’all have had lovely weeks heartheart

Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog, TangerineTrees, WeepingAtlasCedars

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

17 January 2020
9.47am
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
13006sp_Permalink sp_Print

lovelyritametermaid said
Welp, I just registered to take the SATs in March and June….meaning I should probably actually start prepping for them. a-hard-days-night-paul-4a-hard-days-night-paul-4

fun fun fUN! I’m going to retake it in March but I still haven’t gotten around to signing up…

I also was just informed that in about two weeks time is when the juniors (of which I am one) will be making schedules for senior year, so, naturally, I was thrown into an existential crisis, wondering where all the time has gone and also freaking out over the fact that next year is my last year before I get thrown out of my comfort zone into college. I know what classes I’m gonna take already (AP Micro/Macro Economics, AP Calc AB, AP Physics 1, AP Literature, Band, French IV), so there’s no stress there but it’s just thrown me for a loop. 

We also have to do that but but we have until sometime in late February, I think. I’m glad you’re not having an existential crisis like me (I don’t know if I should take a science and I can’t decide whether to do stats or calc). Those sound like cool classes though. I wish my school had economics.

This week has been overall hectic and exhausting (I’ve been having headaches all week due to western Pennsylvania not being able to make up its mind about the weather) and I can’t wait for tomorrow, where I’ll get to see my guitar teacher and then unwind at a party a-hard-days-night-paul-7

I hope all of y’all have had lovely weeks heartheart

May your weather clear up soon and may your week be lovely as well john-lennon-salute_gif

lovelyritametermaid

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

18 January 2020
5.44am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2143
13007sp_Permalink sp_Print

My trip has come to an end. Flying home tonight, in about 2 hours. But I still have a week before I have to go back to work, so that’s okay. Going home also means I can listen to my iPod (which I left at home), and thus The Beatles! My absence from listening to them means I’m ready to jump right in!

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Ahhh Girl, QuarryMan, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

18 January 2020
8.32am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3761
13008sp_Permalink sp_Print

Finally got my record player set up in my dorm room, so I’m doing my essay on utilitarian ethics and listening to Help

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

TangerineTrees, Beatlebug, 50yearslate, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

18 January 2020
9.15am
TangerineTrees
Behind That Locked Door
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 125
13009sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi everyone! I just started a three day weekend since we don’t have school on MLK day. I’ll probably spend most of my time completing my English and history projects paul-mccartney.

And procrastinating on the Beatles Bible a-hard-days-night-george-10

I was supposed to have a voice recital today, but my brother just came down with the flu (of course). I’m now super paranoid about getting sick, as I can’t miss more school, the semester ends next week for me. a-hard-days-night-paul-7 I’ve also been trying to decide whether to take AP US History or theater next year. I’m kind of leaning towards theater because, as much as I love history, it doesn’t really apply to what I want to do with my life. I’m also moving schools next year, so I kind of want to get adjusted first before I fill my schedule up with AP classes (I’ll only be a freshman next year, so I think I’ve got time). I’m also going to weasel my way into online PE over the summer, where you basically just log your activity. This is partly because of my Fibromyalgia and partly because I want to be done with PE as soon as possible. 

It was supposed to snow two hours ago and the schools already canceled all activities. paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

Well, have a great day everyone, peace and love! heart

The following people thank TangerineTrees for this post:

QuarryMan, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by nature." ~ George Harrison

"I'm Nobody! Who are you? Are you -- Nobody -- too?" ~ Emily Dickinson

20 January 2020
10.38am
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
13010sp_Permalink sp_Print

TangerineTrees said
Hi everyone! I just started a three day weekend since we don’t have school on MLK day. I’ll probably spend most of my time completing my English and history projects paul-mccartney.

I’m also on a three-day weekend due to MLK day! (Though my weekend’s coming to an end today and I still haven’t done any of my homework…..ahdn_paul_02ahdn_paul_02

@TangerineTrees, I find it interesting that you have the option to take an AP course in your freshman year. At my school, only sophomores and up have the option (and even then only sophomores are allowed to AP Euro……) Anyhoo, APUSH is a very difficult course to take, and even though every teacher will teach it differently, all the content is the same because its a class regulated by the College Board. So, advice to you, if you’re not 100% certain on it, don’t take it. And getting adjusted before you take AP classes is exactly what you want to do. Taking higher-up courses is great and all, but it’s definitely not worth the stress and burn-out if you’re not properly prepared or if you’re not too keen on the subject (says me, who is taking AP Econ even though she knows nothing about economics…..ahdn_paul_01

Also, I’m quite jealous of the fact that you have the option to take PE online. I have to still take my other .5 credit of it next year in a regular class, even though I think I should be able to opt-out of it considering I’m a year-round athlete and don’t need any extra exercise (which is the purpose of the class– to make sure students get exercise). 

TangerineTrees

||She/They ||

20 January 2020
12.26pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
13011sp_Permalink sp_Print

lovelyritametermaid said

TangerineTrees said

I’m also on a three-day weekend due to MLK day! (Though my weekend’s coming to an end today and I still haven’t done any of my homework…..ahdn_paul_02ahdn_paul_02

same >.<

@TangerineTrees, I find it interesting that you have the option to take an AP course in your freshman year. At my school, only sophomores and up have the option (and even then only sophomores are allowed to AP Euro……)

At my school only juniors and seniors can take AP classes (except for some people in the advanced language curriculum). In fact, most freshman can’t even take honors classes (except for some language/math if they took certain classes in middle school.)

Anyhoo, APUSH is a very difficult course to take, and even though every teacher will teach it differently, all the content is the same because its a class regulated by the College Board. So, advice to you, if you’re not 100% certainon it, don’t take it. And getting adjusted before you take AP classes is exactly what you want to do. Taking higher-up courses is great and all, but it’s definitely not worth the stress and burn-out if you’re not properly prepared or if you’re not too keen on the subject (says me, who is taking AP Econ even though she knows nothing about economics…..ahdn_paul_01

As a person who is also taking APUSH this year, it’s definitely a lot of work (we have a lot of homework and cover a lot of content every day) but it’s also a really interesting subject if you like history. It’s one of my favorite classes this year. Then again, I’m a junior who did 9th and 10th grade at the same school and took honors classes to work my way up to APs. You could always take it next year, yeah? 

Also, I’m quite jealous of the fact that you have the option to take PE online. I have to still take my other .5 credit of it next year in a regular class, even though I think I should be able to opt-out of it considering I’m a year-round athlete and don’t need any extra exercise (which is the purpose of the class– to make sure students get exercise). 

If I was a sophomore or a freshman I would perish in a fit of jealousy but as a junior such things are in my past a-hard-days-night-george-10 still I am quite jealous

TangerineTrees, lovelyritametermaid

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

20 January 2020
3.05pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
13012sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Because of the APUSH commentary and because I really like 20th century US history (past the Great Depression right up to the end of Clinton’s presidency particularly with a special <3 on ’60’s-80’s US.

I was so proud when I looked at some sample questions and could make a darn good attempt at the later period questions. The War of Independence I could have a poor stab at and the Civil War as well but overall yay.

For you APUSH kids, if you do History for Leaving Cert (our final exams in Ireland needed to get to uni), US history is an optional module in the exam that you can do.

Because I’m in a jolly spirit, here are some previous exam questions and you can see if you like the look of them (you have about 40 minutes to write about 4 pages, it is one of the trickiest exams to get your timings right and get everything done and it’s bloody difficult to get an A in it).

Here are the 2018 US questions (bear in mind students also have to answer 3 other questions on Irish and European history (that have very broad scopes):

1. How effectively did President Harry Truman tackle the problems he faced at home and
abroad? 
2. What was the importance, for both countries, of US involvement in Vietnam? 
3. What did Marilyn Monroe and/or Billy Graham contribute to American life? 
4. During the period 1945-1989, what was the significance of advances made in space
travel and information technology?

Some nice questions there, I would probably have done the Q on Vietnam, as 4 could be very waffley and I prefer Kennedy, Johnson and Nixon history to Truman, sorry Harry <3 x.

I could not wrote a well scoring essay on either Monroe or Graham.

Because I’m on a roll, 2017 questions as well:

1. From Roosevelt to Reagan, would you agree that American presidents always acted for the good of America? Argue your case referring to more than one president. 
2. What was the contribution of Martin Luther King to the events of the Montgomery bus boycott and to other aspects of US life? 
3. What were the achievements of the US economy, 1945-1968, and what factors limited its growth, 1968-1989? 
4. How did one or more of the following challenge widely-held views in the US: Norman Mailer; Betty Friedan; Muhammad Ali?

Number 1 sounds like it was made for me. Two and three I could also do but to a lesser extent than one. Four, I could write about Ali but wouldn’t be my best answer.

If you would like more, feel free to ask.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

TangerineTrees, lovelyritametermaid

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

20 January 2020
5.02pm
TangerineTrees
Behind That Locked Door
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 125
13013sp_Permalink sp_Print

@TangerineTrees, I find it interesting that you have the option to take an AP course in your freshman year. At my school, only sophomores and up have the option (and even then only sophomores are allowed to AP Euro……) Anyhoo, APUSH is a very difficult course to take, and even though every teacher will teach it differently, all the content is the same because its a class regulated by the College Board. So, advice to you, if you’re not 100% certain on it, don’t take it. And getting adjusted before you take AP classes is exactly what you want to do. Taking higher-up courses is great and all, but it’s definitely not worth the stress and burn-out if you’re not properly prepared or if you’re not too keen on the subject (says me, who is taking AP Econ even though she knows nothing about economics…..ahdn_paul_01

The only AP course offered at my school to freshmen is APUSH @lovelyritametermaid. It’s mostly because the curriculum in my county has you take the first part of American Studies in 8th grade (which I’m doing right now and it covers up to about the Civil War) and you would take American Studies II in freshman year. In order to get the 3 social studies credits needed to graduate, you need to take an American history course in freshman year, US Government in sophmore year, and World History in junior year. This means that the only time that you can take an American history course is in 9th grade. I don’t like this system, in my opinion it puts too much pressure on freshmen who are just getting adjusted to a new setting. I probably won’t take it, but for some strange reason all of my history teachers have really liked me so I’ve heard lots about it. The thing is that your schedule is already so full in freshman year that most people just don’t have enough room to take APUSH. My school also didn’t tell it’s students about an engineering program that they could take until after everyone applied for International Baccalaureate. ahdn_paul_02 

Thanks @lovelyritametermaid, @50yearslate and @AppleScruffJunior for all of the advice on APUSH! heart

Have a great day everyone! apple01apple01apple01

The following people thank TangerineTrees for this post:

50yearslate, lovelyritametermaid

"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by nature." ~ George Harrison

"I'm Nobody! Who are you? Are you -- Nobody -- too?" ~ Emily Dickinson

20 January 2020
5.11pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
13014sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
Because of the APUSH commentary and because I really like 20th century US history (past the Great Depression right up to the end of Clinton’s presidency particularly with a special <3 on ’60’s-80’s US.

I was so proud when I looked at some sample questions and could make a darn good attempt at the later period questions. The War of Independence I could have a poor stab at and the Civil War as well but overall yay.

For you APUSH kids, if you do History for Leaving Cert (our final exams in Ireland needed to get to uni), US history is an optional module in the exam that you can do.

Because I’m in a jolly spirit, here are some previous exam questions and you can see if you like the look of them (you have about 40 minutes to write about 4 pages, it is one of the trickiest exams to get your timings right and get everything done and it’s bloody difficult to get an A in it).

Here are the 2018 US questions (bear in mind students also have to answer 3 other questions on Irish and European history (that have very broad scopes):

1. How effectively did President Harry Truman tackle the problems he faced at home and

abroad? 

2. What was the importance, for both countries, of US involvement in Vietnam? 

3. What did Marilyn Monroe and/or Billy Graham contribute to American life? 

4. During the period 1945-1989, what was the significance of advances made in space

travel and information technology?

Some nice questions there, I would probably have done the Q on Vietnam, as 4 could be very waffley and I prefer Kennedy, Johnson and Nixon history to Truman, sorry Harry <3 x.

I could not wrote a well scoring essay on either Monroe or Graham.

Because I’m on a roll, 2017 questions as well:

1. From Roosevelt to Reagan, would you agree that American presidents always acted for the good of America? Argue your case referring to more than one president. 

2. What was the contribution of Martin Luther King to the events of the Montgomery bus boycott and to other aspects of US life? 

3. What were the achievements of the US economy, 1945-1968, and what factors limited its growth, 1968-1989? 

4. How did one or more of the following challenge widely-held views in the US: Norman Mailer; Betty Friedan; Muhammad Ali?

Number 1 sounds like it was made for me. Two and three I could also do but to a lesser extent than one. Four, I could write about Ali but wouldn’t be my best answer.

If you would like more, feel free to ask.

This is very kind of you but we have only just begun the 1900s so I can’t answer any of these

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

21 January 2020
7.58am
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
13015sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have to write original music for both my college project and university course auditions (I still haven’t decided if I want to go to the latter but it’s compulsory to enrol so I have the option in future). Kinda exciting but also a little tense and overwhelming writing under their time limits a-hard-days-night-ringo-14 but I’m trying my best to even things out and come up with songs I can use for both. Hopefully I can share the college project here when it’s finished in a couple of months. ahdn_george_08I should also mention I’m doing surveys and questionnaires as part of this project, so if you want to be involved, PM me! Some things I will be asking now, but I’ll also be asking for feedback once it’s completed and available. 

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

21 January 2020
8.01am
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
13016sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said 

This is very kind of you but we have only just begun the 1900s so I can’t answer any of these

Like the chumps we are, my class just started on Reconstruction so we’re not even at the 1900s yet……

50yearslate

||She/They ||

21 January 2020
11.54am
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
13017sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahh kids, you are all disgraces. I’m sure ye could have a go at MLK at the very least.

I saw a lad (I’m 99% sure he was doing this) picking a bicycle lock and cycling off with some poor sucker’s bicycle. I sent an email of complaint about lack of security at the college to our college overloads, whether anything will come out of though, I don’t know.

Note to everyone, spend about €60 on your bicycle lock, it is worth it. Don’t pay €10 for a crappy one that will get picked in 10 seconds.

lovelyritametermaid, TangerineTrees, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

21 January 2020
12.17pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
13018sp_Permalink sp_Print

Which Roosevelt are we talking about? From Teddy to Reagan there are several presidents that did not do what was best for America undoubtedly, but the argument is easier to make starting with FDR. I’m not so good with anything to do modern European, but Ancient History and American History are my wheelhouse. 

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

21 January 2020
12.28pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
13019sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s FDR. The curriculum starts with US during the WW2 and ends with the end of Regan’s administration. 

For those of you who are on pre-1900’s US history. There are a few questions on the ‘Early History’ paper (which practically no one does) that may suit you (under the topic Establishing Empires 1715-1755).

2018:

What were the causes of the American Revolution ?

2017:

What did the Boston Tea Party and/or Benjamin Franklin contribute to the American Revolution ?

2016:

Why did the American colonists revolt and why did their revolt become a Revolution ?

2015:

How significant was the Boston Tea Party in the American Revolution ?

Those are the only directly specific US ones, there are other ones mainly about slavery that you would be using the US first but you could also talk about different countries.

Looking at those 4 questions, it makes me wonder why don’t more people do the early history paper, that’s pretty much the same question repeated 4 times. Especially for the 2018 one you could go to town on them, writing 4 highly-detailed, high quality pages on the Boston Tea Party might be a bit trickier but I’m sure we could all have a bash at it. 

Just a remembrance point that there are other 3 other sections on that paper with the questions being a lot less predictable than the Establishing Empires one.

TangerineTrees

21 January 2020
1.30pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
13020sp_Permalink sp_Print

@AppleScruffJunior I don’t suppose you have similar questions for AP World History? 

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694