Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
6 January 2020
9.17pm
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
12981sp_Permalink sp_Print

Today was my first day back at school and it boy did it truly feel like the first Monday of the decade!

It started off horribly: when I was making my way to my friend’s car in the early morning to go to school, I slipped on ice and fell in my driveway. I ripped my jeans and skinned and badly bruised my knee, so I walked around with a limp all-day. Plus, I got my new floral blouse dirty. I also fell into half-laughing/half-crying incredibly irritated hysterics at lunch when I got ketchup on my jeans and shirt. I was just so done at that point. I was tired and out of it all-day…but oh well what can you do but brush it off? 

On the bright side, I got minimal homework and today after school we started the read-through of the script for my drama club’s spring musical: Chicago. It was really fun and I completed my stage managerial duties of reading a sick actor’s lines and creating an attendance sheet for rehearsals. I really look forward to this production! 

I hope all of you lovelies had good days and here’s to a positive tomorrow! john-lennon-salute_gif

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, QuarryMan, TangerineTrees, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

7 January 2020
5.03pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3761
12982sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hope your knee is okay, @lovelyritametermaid !

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

7 January 2020
7.31pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22233
12983sp_Permalink sp_Print

Did you get your knee cleaned up at school and get an ice pack or something to help the pain, @lovelyritametermaid ?

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

lovelyritametermaid
7 January 2020
8.38pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
12984sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
Did you get your knee cleaned up at school and get an ice pack or something to help the pain, @lovelyritametermaid ?

Yes, yes. I cleaned it in the bathroom because the nurse wasn’t in and just used the ice pack from my lunch box. paul-mccartney-thumb_gif I’m fine now, though! 

Thanks for the concern, lovelies! a-hard-days-night-paul-7heart

Ahhh Girl

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

8 January 2020
7.54am
TangerineTrees
Behind That Locked Door
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 125
12985sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

On the bright side, I got minimal homework and today after school we started the read-through of the script for my drama club’s spring musical: Chicago. It was really fun and I completed my stage managerial duties of reading a sick actor’s lines and creating an attendance sheet for rehearsals. I really look forward to this production! 

CHICAGO!?! *fangirls in theatre kid* Wow, that sounds like so much fun! Congrats on being the stage manager, @lovelyritametermaid! Also, I hope your knee gets better soon.

I got out of school two hours early and will go to school two hours late today due to snow. ahdn_ringo_09 I’m a little concerned as it is still snowing and I’m supposed to be at school in an hour. a-hard-days-night-john-7 Sadly, my music rehearsal was canceled for my school musical, but I was given some extra time to work on homework.

Have a great day everyone!

The following people thank TangerineTrees for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, SgtPeppersBulldog

"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by nature." ~ George Harrison

"I'm Nobody! Who are you? Are you -- Nobody -- too?" ~ Emily Dickinson

11 January 2020
8.56am
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5012
12986sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was watching a movie and couldn’t get my glasses cleaned and I realized they were scratched. So I got my old pair out and was adjusting them and snapped the plastic on the ear piece. They were my two pairs of round frames that I’ve been using now for several years.

I can still use one pair but it looks like I’m getting closer to having to switch styles.

The following people thank Expert Textpert for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

11 January 2020
4.14pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
12987sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

About to go play a gig at my bandmate’s graduation party. It may interest ye to know that we’ll be playing ‘With A Little Help From My Friends ‘, ‘Birthday ‘ (for our wizard-friend whose birthday is approaching), and ‘Changes’ by the bowieman. Sordid Further details following… wish me luck!* ahdn_john_08_gif

*primarily that I may not jumble the adjectives in ‘The Logical Song’, play and sing ‘New World Man’ without a hitch, and successfully make a complete fool of myself on ‘Freebird’… I’m not too worried about the rest of the set

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, lovelyritametermaid, QuarryMan, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

12 January 2020
10.58am
Beatlebug

Moderators
12988sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Okay y’all I have got just one thing to say:

I SLAYED THAT FREEBIRD SOLO. a-hard-days-night-george-4

K I’m done here bye.
a-hard-days-night-george-10
Just kidding, the rest of the set was good too… ensconced for weeks in practice sessions, one forgets how wonderful a good audience reception is, and we certainly had a very nice audience reception in that little living room. a-hard-days-night-george-9

Setlist under spoilers:

1) The Beatles – With A Little Help From My Friends
2) Tom Cochrane – Life Is A Highway (my dad had flashbacks to his teenagerhood whilst everyone else happily clapped along)
3) Supertramp – The Logical Song (I did indeed mix up all the adjectives, but it’s fine ahdn_paul_01)
4) Bowieman – Changes
5) beatoids – Birthday (for the birthday friend – my bandmate played bass and also keyboards during that one part, which everyone found most impressive ahdn_george_06)
6) Rush – New World Man (for Neil Peart, somewhat, and I am happy to report that we all survived playing and singing that marathon of a song ahdn_john_08_gif)
7) Porcupine Tree – Time Flies (an obscure piece, but my grad bandmate is very keen on Porcupine Tree so we had to play it, and he sang! I can’t complain! a-hard-days-night-john-6)
8) Alice Cooper – School’s Out (a last-minute addition, I messed up the arrangement but we salvaged it a-hard-days-night-paul-10)

And then we pretended we were done and an audience member (with whom we’d arranged this beforehand) called out “Play Freebird!” and we went through a little charade of “D’you think we could? Wait , what key is it in?” (knowing perfectly well we could, and it is in G, having practiced it for two months). And we played it (my gradbandmate sang, so I could milk the slide guitar for all it was worth), and then the solo was approaching, and I played the last slide note and threw my slide down and thought to myself, “Y’all better buckle up, because you have no idea what’s about to go down here. a-hard-days-night-john-1” And I got ready, and then I PLAYED like my LIFE DEPENDED ON IT. It was FECKING AMAZING. You know, I’ve never actually bothered to learn the solo note for note — too much work, and I don’t like it enough. I borrowed a few of the more iconic licks, but that was it. All the times I’d played it before, I was mostly just messing around, trying different things, making it up as I went along; but this time, I took all the things I had tried that really worked and tried to put them together in a way that flowed. I think I did all right. I certainly felt like I was on the Seventh Level of Guitar-Induced Holiness. It was the best solo I’ve ever played outside of my bedroom. I hope to do more like it. a-hard-days-night-george-9

Ahhh Girl, QuarryMan, 50yearslate, The Hole Got Fixed, lovelyritametermaid, TangerineTrees, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

12 January 2020
1.12pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
12989sp_Permalink sp_Print

^YOU PLAYED THE CARS SONG a-hard-days-night-george-9

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

12 January 2020
2.08pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
12990sp_Permalink sp_Print

What?!

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

12 January 2020
2.28pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3761
12991sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think she means ‘Life Is A Highway’ by Rascal Flatts (which is in Cars), not sure if the one you played is the same song though

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

Beatlebug, 50yearslate, WeepingAtlasCedars

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

12 January 2020
3.31pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
12992sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Beatlebug our generation knows that song just as well as your dad. The traveling scene from Cars is a classic. You should watch Cars. 

Setlist looks awesome. I’m happy to hear the show went well

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, QuarryMan, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

12 January 2020
4.02pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
12993sp_Permalink sp_Print

Rascal Flatts did a cover of the song by Tom Cochrane, and I have seen Cars and I liked it but it was years and years ago so I don’t remember that song being in it. I’ve heard it everywhere and I always hated it until we played it and it was actually really fun.

lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

12 January 2020
5.01pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
12994sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bee Gee will know why the mention of that song excites me so

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

12 January 2020
5.30pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
12995sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said
^YOU PLAYED THE CARS SONG a-hard-days-night-george-9

…This has awakened my whole childhood……but anyhoo, 

Great job, @Beatlebug!!paul-mccartney-thumb_gifjohn-lennon-salute_gifheart I’m really glad it went well! It sounded like a blast from you’re description of it!! 

I wish I had the confidence to perform in front of people…..oh well maybe one day…. 

Beatlebug

||She/They ||

12 January 2020
7.21pm
TangerineTrees
Behind That Locked Door
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 125
12996sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congrats on your show @Beatlebug!

I’ve been working on homework a lot this weekend, but I did get to see a production of “My Fair Lady”. I was really impressed with all of the sets and costumes, and the actors were very talented. I also got a show shirt to add to my never-ending collection. 

Have a great week, everyone! heart

The following people thank TangerineTrees for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug

"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by nature." ~ George Harrison

"I'm Nobody! Who are you? Are you -- Nobody -- too?" ~ Emily Dickinson

12 January 2020
8.02pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
12997sp_Permalink sp_Print

TangerineTrees said 

I’ve been working on homework a lot this weekend, but I did get to see a production of “My Fair Lady”. I was really impressed with all of the sets and costumes, and the actors were very talented. I also got a show shirt to add to my never-ending collection. 

Ah, yes…show shirts– they make up half of my wardrobe. Most of mine are from my own drama club’s productions, but I do have a few from Broadway and local shows that I have seen over the years (I also have a collection of playbills to along with them). 

I’ve been putting off my own homework, and have instead sat around the house all day listening to music, trying to draw things, playing my guitar, and watching Monty Python with my dog. I’m working on it now….at the last second of course. I’ve spent most of yesterday at tech for the musical– we didn’t do much, though, in terms of set building. We mostly were just organizing costumes and props and sorting out stuff we don’t need in order to clean up the place in preparation for Chicago. In fact, the only thing we did build was more crates to store costumes…..  

TangerineTrees, Beatlebug

||She/They ||

12 January 2020
8.38pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
12998sp_Permalink sp_Print

^hey, I’m also doing tech for my school musical! Hasn’t been super eventful yet though because I’m new so I’m not really being given responsibilities yet

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, TangerineTrees

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

12 January 2020
8.55pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
12999sp_Permalink sp_Print

*peeks head in* a-hard-days-night-paul-4ahdn_paul_02

Hello again, everyone! I’m finally back! a-hard-days-night-george-9 The past few months have been quite busy, and I’ve missed you all so much, but now things have died down a little bit and I should be able to visit a little more frequently. Along with all the school and other boring things, I’ve done some pretty exciting things, too! I can’t remember if I told you about this yet, and apologies if I’m repeating myself here, but in September I went to see Sir Elton John in concert! Absolutely fantastic, he was!beatlemaniacs_02_gifNot only that, but I also went to a music museum-type-thing and saw one of Elton’s pianos, part of Geddy Lee’s bass collection, and Randy Bachman’s 1959 Gibson Les Paul, among other very cool items. I finally got a new laptop, too, which is making my BB excursions much easier.paul-mccartney-thumb_gif Currently, I’m looking forward to seeing James Taylor in a few months ahdn_george_08 and spending some more time with you guys.john-lennon-salute_gif

Few, that was a lot to type out!a-hard-days-night-paul-7

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

Beatlebug, Beatlebug, Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, The Hole Got Fixed, The Hole Got Fixed, The Hole Got Fixed, The Hole Got Fixed, The Hole Got Fixed, The Hole Got Fixed, sir walter raleigh, sir walter raleigh, sir walter raleigh, sir walter raleigh, QuarryMan, lovelyritametermaid, Ahhh Girl, 50yearslate, Dark Overlord, Dark Overlord, TangerineTrees

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

12 January 2020
8.57pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
13000sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

WEEEEEEEEEEEEPYCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!

You’re back!!!

Glad to hear you’ve been having some fun with certain concerts and the like…

Don’t leave us againa-hard-days-night-george-10a-hard-days-night-george-10a-hard-days-night-george-10 and it’s great to have you back!

edit: i may also have just broken the multi-thanks record? eek don’t kill me Joe I’m sorryahdn_george_06

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Beatlebug, Beatlebug, Dark Overlord, Dark Overlord, Dark Overlord, WeepingAtlasCedars

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Richard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22232, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694