Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
30 September 2019
6.44am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3761
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
12661sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve now arrived at university and had the first night of freshers, which has been pretty good, and I like my flatmates. Sooo unfortunately I’m probably not going to be on here as much as I’d like to be, at least until things calm down and settle into a routine. 

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl, ScarlettFieldsForever, Getbackintheussr

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

30 September 2019
6.58am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
12662sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congrats! Enjoy university QM! Make sure you get well-adjusted first, studies do come first. a-hard-days-night-ringo-15
But that being said, do check in when you canahdn_john_08_gifa-hard-days-night-john-3

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

QuarryMan

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

30 September 2019
7.16am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
12663sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Scotland play Samoa in the rugby soon so will be watching. Incredibly, like with our national football team, the national rugby team have the ability to not turn up when required and achieve failure in new and unique ways. 

Slightly strange in that Scotland have achieved what they had to do by getting the victory and bonus point v Samoa. Not used to this. 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

30 September 2019
9.34am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
12664sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m currently sagging off my Monday classes (including a test) in the mountains of Tennessee. Yes, I let my teachers know beforehand. And yes, I drove six hours yesterday. ahdn_john_08_gif

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

30 September 2019
10.01am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22240
12665sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said
@Ahhh Girl did you see the downton movie yet?

Day after tomorrow. 1 pm. Can’t wait!

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

50yearslate
30 September 2019
11.49am
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
12666sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve officially gone from everybody’s least favorite person to everybody’s most favorite person.  I used to call people in the evening and beg for money to make my wage, now I give out free samples at Sam’s Club.

The following people thank William Shears Campbell for this post:

QuarryMan, 50yearslate, Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl, WeepingAtlasCedars

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

1 October 2019
11.06am
William Shears Campbell
Rishikesh
Members
12667sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well Friday I’m heading down to Salt Lake for a Mission reunion in the evening, so I decided to take advantage of my time down there and hit up all(or as many as I can) of the record stores.  I’m leaving in the afternoon straight from school.  I just finished plotting out the route on Google maps.  I’m super excited.  It’s been a good while since I did some quality record shopping.

ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl, ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl, QuarryMan, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

1 October 2019
11.13am
ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl
The Kingdom of Marigold
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 358
12668sp_Permalink sp_Print

William Shears Campbell said
Well Friday I’m heading down to Salt Lake for a Mission reunion in the evening, so I decided to take advantage of my time down there and hit up all(or as many as I can) of the record stores.  I’m leaving in the afternoon straight from school.  I just finished plotting out the route on Google maps.  I’m super excited.  It’s been a good while since I did some quality record shopping.

Sounds fun!!! I’ve been looking to expand my record collection, but there isn’t a good record store near me. Let us know what albums you find!!!

The following people thank ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl for this post:

QuarryMan, William Shears Campbell

Be groovy or leave, man.

-Bob Dylan

2 October 2019
6.27pm
William Shears Campbell
Rishikesh
Members
12669sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl said

William Shears Campbell said

Sounds fun!!! I’ve been looking to expand my record collection, but there isn’t a good record store near me. Let us know what albums you find!!!

I will.  I’ve bought quite a few since being home that I haven’t shared both while in Vegas and here in Ogden.  One of the stores in Ogden that I go to sometimes doesnt have a super good LP selection, but they have some sick 45’s.  I’ve found some neat John Lennon ones, and a couple George and Paul ones.  Soon I’ll have to make an updated post in the Beatles records I own.

Beatlebug, ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl, WeepingAtlasCedars

2 October 2019
8.47pm
PurplishRain
The Cold Waters of Lake Minnetoka
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 476
12670sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just applied several different positions for the Cincinnati Art Museum! Wish me luck!

The following people thank PurplishRain for this post:

Beatlebug, trcanberra, The Hole Got Fixed, QuarryMan, Ahhh Girl, ScarlettFieldsForever, William Shears Campbell, ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl, WeepingAtlasCedars

"Dinner with Delores Must be some kind of sin
Like a Brontosaurus  She was packin' it in" -Prince

Prince_logo.png

2 October 2019
9.19pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
12671sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good luck @PurplishRain! apple01

I’m getting over an absolute whacker of a head cold and I’m supremely glad I don’t feel the way I did yesterday. Life is liveable again. paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

trcanberra, Ahhh Girl, William Shears Campbell, ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl, ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

2 October 2019
9.25pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
12672sp_Permalink sp_Print

Spring has finally begun to sprung in these parts and it’s a public holiday on Monday.

Looking forward to getting out and about a bit if the spring showers stay away.

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

2 October 2019
9.26pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
12673sp_Permalink sp_Print

PurplishRain said
Just applied several different positions for the Cincinnati Art Museum! Wish me luck!

Sounds awesome! Best of luck!!

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

2 October 2019
9.49pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
12674sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said
Spring has finally begun to sprung in these parts and it’s a public holiday on Monday.

Looking forward to getting out and about a bit if the spring showers stay away.

29 here today! Awesome weather, it feels like years since it’s been here.

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

trcanberra, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

4 October 2019
4.30pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
12675sp_Permalink sp_Print

Been rather sick lately, but unfortunately not enough to miss school- just enough to be miserable. To add on to that, I’ve been dying of eyestrain- my left eye has always been the more functional one but it’s starting to got a little blurry too and the right one is worse than ever. Oh, and I have to go camping this weekend, so I’ll probably be mostly absent (I doubt I’ll have Internet.)

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

4 October 2019
7.06pm
ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl
The Kingdom of Marigold
Paris Olympia
Members
12676sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said
Been rather sick lately, but unfortunately not enough to miss school- just enough to be miserable. To add on to that, I’ve been dying of eyestrain- my left eye has always been the more functional one but it’s starting to got a little blurry too and the right one is worse than ever. Oh, and I have to go camping this weekend, so I’ll probably be mostly absent (I doubt I’ll have Internet.)

Ugh, that sucks. Sorry to hear that @50yearslate . I hope camping is fun!

I’ve been really busy, so I haven’t been too active on the forum. This semester at school’s been really crazy, and I’ve been running on little to no sleep the past few days. However, my birthday’s coming up and I’m going to go out with (a little help from) my friends, which should be fun!

The Hole Got Fixed, Getbackintheussr, 50yearslate, WeepingAtlasCedars

Be groovy or leave, man.

-Bob Dylan

4 October 2019
7.18pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
12677sp_Permalink sp_Print

@50yearslate said

uGhGhGh

so sorry to hear that Fiddy apple01apple02 I was very miserably sick recently so I quite empathise. a-hard-days-night-paul-10

50yearslate

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

5 October 2019
11.15pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
12678sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

WELL

I have not too long ago returned from a GIG with my infamous BAND beatlemaniacs_02_gif ! My voice was still not quite where it should have been because of my recent cold, but I took heart in the great example of John during Please Please Me and fought bravely onward, The Show Must Go On-style! And, through sheer force of will (which I have no inconsequential amount of) and lots of water-guzzling between songs, I made it! a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

‘Twas the birthday party for the mother of our basser and drummist, which was space-themed on account of her being the same age as the moon landing, and so we played a set of 11 vaguely space-themed songs and 2 slightly less thematic songs as an encore because they were fun:

1. ‘Space Oddity’ (BowieMan)
2. ‘Major Tom (Coming Home)’ (Sequel to the previous number by Peter Schilling, not to be confused with the canonical sequel ‘Ashes To Ashes’ – I totally forgot a verse mid-song but we just kept going a-hard-days-night-ringo-10)
3. ‘Man on the Moon’ (R.E.M.)
4. ‘New Moon On Monday’ (Duran Duran) (This one is HARD to sing, my voice nearly died a tragic and ego-bruisung death. This is where the sheer force of will came in.)
5. ‘Starman’ (The BowieMan) (LET ALL THE CHILDREN BOOGIE!)
6. ‘Rocket Man’ (Elton John) (Our drummer hates this song for some reason)

Intermission to eat more cake and take a phone call from our wizard-friend who could not be there due to being away at college

7. ‘Here Comes The Sun ‘ (somebody or other) (my coldy voice was perfect for this because that guy who sang it originally always sounded a bit coldy a-hard-days-night-george-9)
8. ‘Planet Earth’ (Duran Duran)
9. ‘Under The Milky Way’ (The Church) (ft. our bassman on vocals, much to my relief)
10. ‘Walking On The Moon’ (The Police) (much more complicated and difficult than it sounds. Sting’s vocal range is STUPID high and the percussion is wacky.)
11. ‘Planet Claire’ (The B-52’s) (we messed this one up but it’s pretty forgiving anyway)

Encore:
12. ‘Knights Of Cydonia’ (Muse) (This one went AMAZING. We ROCKED OUT. I FELT THE LOVE of the UNIVERSE. heart)
13. ‘Rock Lobster’ (The B-52’s) (Not our best performance of the song but it was hilarious anyway)

And I decorated my guitar for the occasion:
DSC03339_2.jpegImage Enlarger

I wore my The Dark Side of the Moon shirt and stuck stars on my trousers à la Jimmy Page, and the bassist wore a tinfoil hat. ahdn_ringo_09

It was great and now I can’t sleep! ahdn_john_08_gif

ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl, ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl, ScarlettFieldsForever, Richard, The Hole Got Fixed, The Hole Got Fixed, QuarryMan, Ahhh Girl, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

5 October 2019
11.45pm
ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl
The Kingdom of Marigold
Paris Olympia
Members
12679sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said
WELL

I have not too long ago returned from a GIG with my infamous BAND beatlemaniacs_02_gif ! My voice was still not quite where it should have been because of my recent cold, but I took heart in the great example of John during Please Please Me and fought bravely onward, The Show Must Go On-style! And, through sheer force of will (which I have no inconsequential amount of) and lots of water-guzzling between songs, I made it! a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

‘Twas the birthday party for the mother of our basser and drummist, which was space-themed on account of her being the same age as the moon landing, and so we played a set of 11 vaguely space-themed songs and 2 slightly less thematic songs as an encore because they were fun:

1. ‘Space Oddity’ (BowieMan)

2. ‘Major Tom (Coming Home)’ (Sequel to the previous number by Peter Schilling, not to be confused with the canonical sequel ‘Ashes To Ashes’ – I totally forgot a verse mid-song but we just kept going a-hard-days-night-ringo-10)

3. ‘Man on the Moon’ (R.E.M.)

4. ‘New Moon On Monday’ (Duran Duran) (This one is HARD to sing, my voice nearly died a tragic and ego-bruisung death. This is where the sheer force of will came in.)

5. ‘Starman’ (The BowieMan) (LET ALL THE CHILDREN BOOGIE!)

6. ‘Rocket Man’ (Elton John) (Our drummer hates this song for some reason)

Intermission to eat more cake and take a phone call from our wizard-friend who could not be there due to being away at college

7. ‘Here Comes The Sun ‘ (somebody or other) (my coldy voice was perfect for this because that guy who sang it originally always sounded a bit coldy a-hard-days-night-george-9)

8. ‘Planet Earth’ (Duran Duran)

9. ‘Under The Milky Way’ (The Church) (ft. our bassman on vocals, much to my relief)

10. ‘Walking On The Moon’ (The Police) (much more complicated and difficult than it sounds. Sting’s vocal range is STUPID high and the percussion is wacky.)

11. ‘Planet Claire’ (The B-52’s) (we messed this one up but it’s pretty forgiving anyway)

Encore:

12. ‘Knights Of Cydonia’ (Muse) (This one went AMAZING. We ROCKED OUT. I FELT THE LOVE of the UNIVERSE. heart)

13. ‘Rock Lobster’ (The B-52’s) (Not our best performance of the song but it was hilarious anyway)

And I decorated my guitar for the occasion:

DSC03339_2.jpegImage Enlarger

I wore my The Dark Side of the Moon shirt and stuck stars on my trousers à la Jimmy Page, and the bassist wore a tinfoil hat. ahdn_ringo_09

It was great and now I can’t sleep! ahdn_john_08_gif

I WISH I COULD THANK THIS MORE BUT I’M ON MOBILE AND ITS ONLY LETTING ME DO IT TWICE

Beatlebug, Beatlebug

Be groovy or leave, man.

-Bob Dylan

6 October 2019
12.21am
Beatlebug

Moderators
12680sp_Permalink sp_Print

Glad you appreciate it john-lennon-salute_gif

ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5520
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22240, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694