Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
18 September 2019
7.59am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2129
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
12601sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said
I’m completely naive, so in your shoes I would have assumed that she genuinely was very busy and that’s why she wasn’t able to reply sooner, but still interested, that’s why she bothered to reply at all. But hey, what do I (an aromantic) know about dating? mccartney-shrug_01_gif

I’m choosing to go with this interpretation for now. I read about it, and apparently women don’t want to appear needy, so they can create distance. I’ll wait until Friday before replying again. Thanks for the feedback, BB family!

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

Beatlebug

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

18 September 2019
9.47am
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
12602sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wigwam said
Probably best to ignore me……Really!

But in a lifetime of pandering to the capricious whims of women and having started off my wooing ways badly by basically being whatever I thought they wanted me to be….

…I’ve decided after long experience that ……

….women and sleep are like cats…..they only come to you if you ignore them…….

I don’t follow your logic… someone ignoring me certainly wouldn’t make me like them any better a-hard-days-night-paul-4

Also, this extreme-generalization-Of-women-as-a-dateable-species is quite silly… maybe some women like being ignored ( a-hard-days-night-ringo-12) or maybe some women like to ignore you so as not to appear ‘needy’ but really everyone is different. 

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

Beatlebug, QuarryMan, The Hole Got Fixed, Wigwam

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

18 September 2019
11.25am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
12603sp_Permalink sp_Print

God , you dating people think so damn much. I’m glad not you. a-hard-days-night-john-6

Anyway, in my life, I’ve been on a Beatles fast for… I dunno… a long time. I just feel like giving them a break so I could come back to them. Anyway, today I decided to break my fast and so I’m going to go on a roughly chronological Beatlethon.

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

18 September 2019
11.57am
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
12604sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

After being out of the dating game for 2 years, I’ve been working on getting back over the last month.  However all these dating standards and games and bullcarp are making me want to just put my time, energy, and money 100% towards my record collection instead.

Good news is I recently met a girl, who I believe in fact fancies me.  She will frequently start conversations over the texting, and she has asked me out on 1 of our 2 dates.

I believe she also will recieve BB approval as well since she quite likes the Beatles.  Also on one of our dates she was thumbing through the music on my phone as I was driving, and she picked out the lesser known Paul song posted below.  She said she had heard it previously, and that it was one of her favorites.

Not sure if she actually has a vast knowledge of Paul songs, or if she just ran into it on YouTube one time. My guess is the latter, but it was still a nice surprise to hear that she knew of such obscure Paul stuff.

The following people thank William Shears Campbell for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

18 September 2019
12.00pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
12605sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was sitting in the most boring economics lecture ever (you know I hate it). The lecturer is as loud as a mouse and I always sit at the front because I want firsts in everything this year so I can get scholarships if I ever do a master.

This gaggle of girls sits behind me, spends the first 5 minutes whispering loudly and snickering,. Exhausted, over-worked me’s thoughts come tumbling out of my mouth:

”will you shut the fuck up, I’m trying to listen”.

I die inside.

I don’t do this to people, I’d normally say “could you keep quiet please?” but I just vomited out an insult.

They do indeed shut up for about 10 minutes then back to: ”oooh I think I’m going to drop accounting”, “this lecture is soo boring”.

When it ends, I turn around and go “God I’m so sorry, I’m really stressed and didn’t know what I was saying, the lecturer talks so quietly and the sound reverberates in your ears so all I could hear is whispering.

They thanked me for my apology but added “there’s no need to swear though”.

Next time ye went to talk in class, sit at the back or just don’t go at all.

I’m going to find a hole to crawl into. This is what spending almost 30 hours over 3 days in the university does to you.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

QuarryMan, The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, William Shears Campbell, ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

18 September 2019
5.04pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3759
12606sp_Permalink sp_Print

Listened to the White Album in full while walking around the city today. Revolution 9 played while I was on the subway, and it actually fitted quite well with the clanking and the hissing of the trains. 

I also went to see the Stonewall bar, where the riot started fifty years ago this past July, which was very cool. 

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

Beatlebug, ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

18 September 2019
5.30pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
12607sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bloody hell, I think there were 2 mosquitos in my room, stress ‘were’ they’ve now become acquainted with my hoover.

Never seen them in Ireland before! Luckily, one of them buzzed over me when I turned off the light to read my kindle. 

The monsters love me as well so I’m happy not to have big bites on my face when I wake up.

Yuck, this better be a once-off where they managed to sneak off a flight from Spain trapped in someone’s luggage and had the misfortune of turning up in my room.

Beatlebug, ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl

18 September 2019
5.33pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
12608sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ugh don’t remind me…

Summer is fast approaching here, and one downside to that is we’re swarmed by mozzies.

I feel yer pain ASJ – if you see any more you might need to practice your handclaps.a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Beatlebug

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

18 September 2019
5.36pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
12609sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hoho, Mr Dyson is ready and armed for duty.

I want to thank the stupid insects for being attracted to light, it makes it so easy to catch them <3

Beatlebug

18 September 2019
8.02pm
Wigwam
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1913
12610sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said

Wigwam said

But in a lifetime of pandering to the capricious whims of women and having started off my wooing ways badly by basically being whatever I thought they wanted me to be….

I don’t follow your logic… someone ignoring me certainly wouldn’t make me like them any better a-hard-days-night-paul-4

Also, this extreme-generalization-Of-women-as-a-dateable-species is quite silly… maybe some women like being ignored ( a-hard-days-night-ringo-12) or maybe some women like to ignore you so as not to appear ‘needy’ but really everyone is different. 

I mostly agree with your two sensible points……An over generalisation? Oversimplification? True…….Not wanting to appear over-needy? True and applies to both sexes….(saying both sexes will annoy some people but let’s not go into that….unless someone really wants to)…..

But the results are in, and in my life experience  I’ve had more success with ‘ignore’ than desperately running after a girl and jumping through her hoops….. 

Who really knows? The ‘ignoring game’  is often played by both and it only succeeds in canceling each other out…….. sometimes it works…….It’s like an emotional version of ‘paper scissors stones’….. I was rubbish at that…….5555.

She would have given you far more reliable clues as to her ‘interest’ during the date….

Follow your feelings Tim……..Find the balance that works best for you. 

Sometimes we can’t help ourselves…As I think John Donne said, ‘Love is the most noble form of madness’ 

Good luck.

The following people thank Wigwam for this post:

Beatlebug
18 September 2019
9.49pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
12611sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

@AppleScruffJunior said
Bloody hell, I think there were 2 mosquitos in my room…
Never seen them in Ireland before!…
Yuck, this better be a once-off where they managed to sneak off a flight from Spain trapped in someone’s luggage and had the misfortune of turning up in my room.  

*cries in Southern US*

@The Hole Got Fixed said
Ugh don’t remind me…

Summer is fast approaching here, and one downside to that is we’re swarmed by mozzies.

Mozzies? a-hard-days-night-john-6

God love Australia ahdn_ringo_09

The Hole Got Fixed, William Shears Campbell, trcanberra, ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

18 September 2019
9.54pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
12612sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ah, the Aussie diminutive…

It was only a year ago when I realised it’s unique to Aus, I thought the whole world knew what a mozzie was!

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Beatlebug, trcanberra

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

19 September 2019
9.59am
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
12613sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wigwam said

50yearslate said

Wigwam said

I mostly agree with your two sensible points……An over generalisation? Oversimplification? True…….Not wanting to appear over-needy? True and applies to both sexes….(saying both sexes will annoy some people but let’s not go into that….unless someone really wants to)…..

But the results are in, and in my life experience  I’ve had more success with ‘ignore’ than desperately running after a girl and jumping through her hoops….. 

Who really knows? The ‘ignoring game’  is often played by both and it only succeeds in canceling each other out…….. sometimes it works…….It’s like an emotional version of ‘paper scissors stones’….. I was rubbish at that…….5555.

She would have given you far more reliable clues as to her ‘interest’ during the date….

Follow your feelings Tim……..Find the balance that works best for you. 

Sometimes we can’t help ourselves…As I think John Donne said, ‘Love is the most noble form of madness’ 

Good luck.

Well, sure, you’d have more luck ignoring someone than stalking them… a-hard-days-night-ringo-12

Not sure what you’re trying to say?

Anyway. Good luck, Timothy 🙂

RE mosquitoes- mosquitoes like me very much. Fortunately, their favorite foods are my dad and my brother, so I’m well protected. (I do feel bad for them, though.)

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

19 September 2019
12.44pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
12614sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve only just come across these date posts now. Hopefully she just actually was very busy and that you get another oppurtunity to hang out, @Timothy! Best of luck! apple01heart 

Regarding my first day back, the timetable is all over the place. We have to go in to college on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays, all at earlier times (well, only 15-30 mins earlier, but still paul-mccartney). I won’t go into all the other changes but a good thing is we get to go home at 1pm on the Fridays, which means tomorrow!ahdn_john_08_gif

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

Timothy

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

19 September 2019
5.31pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
12615sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Hole Got Fixed said
Ugh don’t remind me…

I feel yer pain ASJ – if you see any more you might need to practice your handclaps.a-hard-days-night-george-10

It was warming up here but now it’s cold again. Looking forward to the hotter weather to be honest.

The Hole Got Fixed

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

20 September 2019
5.47pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
12616sp_Permalink sp_Print

20190430_092543.jpgImage Enlarger

We visited the Philippines a few months back – off again next month to visit @HongKongLady family.

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Wigwam, QuarryMan, Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog, William Shears Campbell, William Shears Campbell

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

20 September 2019
10.43pm
ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl
The Kingdom of Marigold
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 358
12617sp_Permalink sp_Print

Studying paul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartney

Be groovy or leave, man.

-Bob Dylan

21 September 2019
8.12pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
12618sp_Permalink sp_Print

Going for a bike ride later today. Yesterday I went about 10 kilometres. Good to get out and about. I had Sun King on my mind as I saw the nice day.

Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog

21 September 2019
9.26pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
12619sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nice, @Timothy. john-lennon-salute_gif

Just did my arms and shoulders and I’m gonna be sore tomorrow but it’s worth it paul-mccartney-thumb_gif now off to bed. ahdn_george_05

Timothy

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

22 September 2019
3.30am
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
12620sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bebu, right now 

[Image Can Not Be Found]

Beatlebug

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691