Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
11 April 2019
2.05am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
11821sp_Permalink sp_Print

Getbackintheussr said
I had sports day at school today. It was incredibly boring. ahdn_george_05

My condolences. It’s always the low point on my school calendar, I hope you suffered through without too much boredom

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Getbackintheussr

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

11 April 2019
5.08am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3761
11822sp_Permalink sp_Print

Getbackintheussr said
I had sports day at school today. It was incredibly boring. ahdn_george_05

Always the worst day of the year.

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

Getbackintheussr

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

11 April 2019
7.50am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
11823sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hobbling around the flat at the moment as I appear to have pulled something at the top of my left calf. Gotta head down the shop at some stage as there’s a couple of bits I need that can’t wait until tomorrow. Not a walk I’m looking forward to.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

QuarryMan, Getbackintheussr

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

11 April 2019
4.23pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22222
11824sp_Permalink sp_Print

Let us know when you are back home safe, @Ron Nasty.

At least I’m not the one who led to your pain this time. ahdn_john_08_gif

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Getbackintheussr
12 April 2019
12.15am
Getbackintheussr
The Void
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1349
11825sp_Permalink sp_Print

So there was a fire at my school… It was in the kitchen and the cafeteria, and we had to evacuate the building and wait outside for over 2 hours. Thankfully, nobody was hurt. Apparently it’s even on the local news, but we didn’t even get to leave school early! paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

The following people thank Getbackintheussr for this post:

QuarryMan, ScarlettFieldsForever, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

P E A C E  &  L O V E

Sunglasses-Emoji-PNG-Transparent-Background.pngstar-emoji-by-google.png1f549.png1f98f.pngbroccoli_1f966.pngdrum-with-drumsticks_1f941.pngmultiple-musical-notes_1f3b6.pngkisspng-emojipedia-whatsapp-peace-symbols-text-messaging-5af2ba93ab48a4.1265377915258569157016.jpgSparkling_Pink_Heart_Emoji_large.pngOctopus_Emoji_large.png262e.png

Without going out of my door, I can know all things on Earth...

~Signature.png~

12 April 2019
5.13am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2143
11826sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s Friday evening, so that means it’s the WEEKEND.

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

ScarlettFieldsForever, The Hole Got Fixed, 50yearslate, Getbackintheussr, Beatlebug

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

12 April 2019
5.20am
ScarlettFieldsForever
Marmalade Skies
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1063
11827sp_Permalink sp_Print

Getbackintheussr said
So there was a fire at my school… It was in the kitchen and the cafeteria, and we had to evacuate the building and wait outside for over 2 hours. Thankfully, nobody was hurt. Apparently it’s even on the local news, but we didn’t even get to leave school early! paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

Sounds like a horrifying accident.a-hard-days-night-ringo-6Glad that everyone is ok.

The following people thank ScarlettFieldsForever for this post:

Getbackintheussr

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes...

12 April 2019
6.12am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
11828sp_Permalink sp_Print

Getbackintheussr said

Hope it gets fixed quickly. What will you all do for lunch if the appliances were damaged?

Getbackintheussr
12 April 2019
6.35am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
11829sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Ahhh Girl said
Let us know when you are back home safe, RN.

At least I’m not the one who led to your pain this time. ahdn_john_08_gif 

I was already back but asleep, so sorry for delayed response.

A ten minute walk took me just under an hour!!! (Left here at 6.40pm and got back at 7:33, took a couple of painkillers and fell asleep just after eight.)

It’s no better today.

Luckily today, after probably aggravating it more last night, a neighbour has offered to run me down the shop this afternoon so I can stock up for the weekend.

I’ve got a support bandage on it now, and am hoping it improves over the weekend otherwise looks like a trip to the hospital Monday.

blue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanie

Getbackintheussr

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

12 April 2019
7.13am
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
11830sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Pulled muscles are so frustrating.It’s easier to walk on crutches with a broken leg than it is to hobble around with a pulled leg muscle. Hoping for the best, RN.

apple01

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Ron Nasty

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

12 April 2019
7.44am
Wigwam
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1913
11831sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Hole, Getback,Quarry man

Come on you three….Every dog should have its day.

Show some empathy…..

Imagine for a moment what it would be like if school was just one subject……Let’s say the subject was maths.

Everyday, all day you studied maths and nothing else. Now the kids who were good at maths would climb to the top quite quickly and stay there……Running to school with gleeful anticipation………

And for the rest………?

Comparative failure, boredom and resentment.

I know some kids have it all, they’re academic, artistic and sporty….But most of us fit in the middle, there are subjects we love, like, tolerate, hate.

But some kids have very little else but sport’s day to look forward to at school. You’ll know who they are. They fail all year but secretly dream of Sports day the one day in a year that they can accrue some needed class esteem. One day in the year when they might even be the best.

Celebrate it with them, congratulate them, show your respect.  

You’ll enjoy it more too.

The following people thank Wigwam for this post:

Getbackintheussr, Beatlebug
12 April 2019
8.24am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
11832sp_Permalink sp_Print

True. It is a great thing that schools can have a wide curriculum so that everybody should have something that appeals to their interests even a little bit, and I have a lot of respect for people who are really talented at sports and all the work they put in, but personally I just can’t enjoy it. I haven’t had to do one in three years because I no longer have to do PE, but I remember heavily disliking them. Especially since those of us who weren’t good at sports had to take part as well which inevitably led to self consciousness and embarrassment for most people. 

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

Wigwam

12 April 2019
8.27am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
11833sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a period of time where, whilst not on holiday, I am off work for 9 out of 10 days. 

Image result for rest gifImage Enlarger

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

50yearslate, Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

12 April 2019
9.42am
Wigwam
Candlestick Park
Members
11834sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tomorrow is the Thai new Year. So, ‘Sawadi Be Mi’ which means,  Happy New Year.

The festival is called Songkran and it’s the biggest water fight on earth. Very welcome as this is the hottest time of the year. The day usually begins with a Bhudddist ceremony called Merit making…..Then it all kicks off.

Historically it should be a respectful and gentle sprinkling of water..But these days plastic dustbins are loaded onto the back of flatbed trucks, filled to the brim with water and large blocks of ice are thrown in. Water is drawn into pump-squirters and ice-cold water battles ensue. Traffic comes to a standstill as these four wheeled galleons do battle……

Added to the water a chalky pulp is smeared by passing strangers all over your face and everyone ends up looking like the Walking Dead meet Baywatch. Outside every shop or bar work has stopped and the staff and families all join in spraying passers by…..Merry chaos Everyone dancing and laughing.

Everyone has plastic watertight pouches for their phones and colourful cotton hawaiian style shirts are worn and discarded at the end of festivities……..But as this party lasts from the 13th April….(It already started in my area 2 days ago)…..until the main day where I live which is the 19th…..You get perpetually wet. so I reuse my Songkran gear. 

At the end of play each day I stand fully dressed in my wet chalk smeared clothes (even to my footwear) under a welcome warm shower scrub it all clean and hang everything out to dry for the next day. After the 19th I throw it all away.

Many foreigners hate it….But I love it…….Songkran kit should also include the ability to take your soakings with a smile. 

Not advisable to take the car out…Or ride a motor bike…..So I’ve stocked up with beer.

‘Appy Days. 

Ahhh Girl, QuarryMan, Beatlebug
12 April 2019
10.51am
Getbackintheussr
The Void
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1349
11835sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Wigwam That sounds cool. Do you live in Thailand?

P E A C E  &  L O V E

Sunglasses-Emoji-PNG-Transparent-Background.pngstar-emoji-by-google.png1f549.png1f98f.pngbroccoli_1f966.pngdrum-with-drumsticks_1f941.pngmultiple-musical-notes_1f3b6.pngkisspng-emojipedia-whatsapp-peace-symbols-text-messaging-5af2ba93ab48a4.1265377915258569157016.jpgSparkling_Pink_Heart_Emoji_large.pngOctopus_Emoji_large.png262e.png

Without going out of my door, I can know all things on Earth...

~Signature.png~

12 April 2019
11.25am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
11836sp_Permalink sp_Print

Take care, RN. Rest easy.

Ron Nasty
12 April 2019
2.00pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
11837sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sounds like an awesome festival… what an unusual idea! I’d love to experience that sometime.

12 April 2019
6.16pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
11838sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve heard about Songkran – it sounds like absolutely massive fun! Happy new year. 

Wigwam said
The Hole, Getback,Quarry man

Come on you three….Every dog should have its day.

Show some empathy…..

Imagine for a moment what it would be like if school was just one subject……Let’s say the subject was maths.

Everyday, all day you studied maths and nothing else. Now the kids who were good at maths would climb to the top quite quickly and stay there……Running to school with gleeful anticipation………

And for the rest………?

Comparative failure, boredom and resentment.

I know some kids have it all, they’re academic, artistic and sporty….But most of us fit in the middle, there are subjects we love, like, tolerate, hate.

But some kids have very little else but sport’s day to look forward to at school. You’ll know who they are. They fail all year but secretly dream of Sports day the one day in a year that they can accrue some needed class esteem. One day in the year when they might even be the best.

Celebrate it with them, congratulate them, show your respect.  

You’ll enjoy it more too.

All I said was that I didn’t enjoy sports day. I didn’t say it should be removed – it’s a very important day, I fully understand that. 

Same way vaccinations are very important. I don’t enjoy them but by god it needs to say that. 

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Beatlebug

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

12 April 2019
6.58pm
Wigwam
Candlestick Park
Members
11839sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yes I retired just before hitting 55.

BKK’s a 9 hour flight to Australia where my son has lived the last 11 years and once you’re set up with your own condo and a car living here is very cheap.

Maintenance of the two pools, gyms, lifts, cleaning, TV 80 channels, (though I’ve installed an Android box that runs off my wifi) and security etc is about $200 a year…….Monthly utilities last month was  $44…Food is wonderful. Yesterday I had ‘Nam Tdoc Moo’  ‘Waterfall of Pork’ with ‘Kow Neow’..Sticky rice about $1.80. I fill my car for $28.

So it’s cheap….mostly.

But nowhere is perfect…Even on the coast air pollution can be bad and I have an expensive  Daikin air purifier for my condo. Health care is good but can be expensive….Being over 65 I self-insure. The money I would be giving insurance companies I squirrel away.

No one knows the future, but whatever it holds I’ve had 11 great years here and kept close contact with my son a regular visitor here who has learned to: cook, Thai Boxing, fishing, kite-surfing, Jet -Skiing, Wing Tsen, Rock Climbing ……. Tennis coaching, ‘Squash and Racket Ball from me’ picking up Pool, Snooker and Go karting along the way.

Things I used to kick his arse at have diminished as they should….I’m clinging on in Racket Ball and just about in Chess……..But everything else forget it!

OK off to the gym now…..Then to get very wet.

Cheers

Getbackintheussr, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, QuarryMan
12 April 2019
8.18pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
11840sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Ahhh Girl said
Take care, RN. Rest easy.

I’m not dead yet!!! ahdn_john_08_gifa-hard-days-night-george-10

Am watching a programme I stumbled on, seems near the beginning, presented by Billy Bragg, Rock Island Line: the Song That Made Britain Rock. Already cropped up has been Quarrymen members explaining skiffle instruments to BB, and them and BB performing John Henry

Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Richard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22222, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694