Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
19 December 2018
6.23pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
11161sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said
!!! Very exciting news!!!

My dad just texted me that he met a friend of a friend who is an extreme Beatlemaniac. Like EXTREME. And apparently on Thursday he and the friend will be coming over to play Beatles Trivial Pursuit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently he can never find anybody who will play with him because he’s too good at it. I’m just happy to have somebody to play with at all beatlemaniacs_02_gif  

Dude I’m so jealous. I’ve always wanted to get that game so I could play it, but I don’t know anybody who’s a big fan like I am so I wouldn’t have anybody to play with. 

The following people thank Little Piggy Dragonguy for this post:

50yearslate

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

19 December 2018
6.28pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5445
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
11162sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said

My dad just texted me that he met a friend of a friend who is an extreme Beatlemaniac. Like EXTREME. And apparently on Thursday he and the friend will be coming over to play Beatles Trivial Pursuit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently he can never find anybody who will play with him because he’s too good at it. I’m just happy to have somebody to play with at all beatlemaniacs_02_gif  

Hope you’re going to use the “Even Easier!” thread for fact-checking purposes – just convince him that everything on it is canonical fact and you can’t lose!

The following people thank vonbontee for this post:

50yearslate, 50yearslate, 50yearslate, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

19 December 2018
6.38pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
11163sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

vonbontee said

Hope you’re going to use the “Even Easier!” thread for fact-checking purposes – just convince him that everything on it is canonical fact and you can’t lose!  

That’s true! The problem is that if there’s no such thing as a wrong answer he has the same advantage as I do… mccartney-shrug_01_gif

Also he’d never fall for it because from what I’ve heard his brain is literally the Anthology a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog, vonbontee

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

19 December 2018
6.51pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
11164sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m back! I was away for a few days because I went to

NEW YOAAAHK CITTYY!

Well, New Jersey really, but we took a train into NYC to see things two of the three days we were there — the other two days we were driving a-hard-days-night-paul-3 I did a Floydathon (and got through eight of their albums, including the double The Walla-hard-days-night-paul-7) the first day, and a Beatlethon on the way back, which I didn’t finish due to various interruptions (I got from Love Me Do [single version] to the end of Rubber Soul and continued it today — I’m now listening to WMGGW).

AnYwAy . . . NYC was AMAZING, seeing all the northeastern lands which are so different from the South was amazing, and we also got to see some friends of ours who moved to Jersey years ago. And yes, of course we went to Strawberry Fields! It was nighttime by the time we got over there (about eight) and some blokes were blasting old-school hip-hop in what was supposed to be (according to the plaque) ‘A Quiet Place’, which completely spoilt the mood and rather peeved me until I realised that John would probably approve of their cheek. a-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, silverhammerYT

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

19 December 2018
7.11pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
11165sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said
I’m back! I was away for a few days because I went to

NEW YOAAAHK CITTYY!

Well, New Jersey really, but we took a train into NYC to see things two of the three days we were there — the other two days we were driving a-hard-days-night-paul-3 I did a Floydathon (and got through eight of their albums, including the double The Walla-hard-days-night-paul-7) the first day, and a Beatlethon on the way back, which I didn’t finish due to various interruptions (I got from Love Me Do [single version] to the end of Rubber Soul and continued it today — I’m now listening to WMGGW).

AnYwAy . . . NYC was AMAZING, seeing all the northeastern lands which are so different from the South was amazing, and we also got to see some friends of ours who moved to Jersey years ago. And yes, of course we went to Strawberry Fields! It was nighttime by the time we got over there (about eight) and some blokes were blasting old-school hip-hop in what was supposed to be (according to the plaque) ‘A Quiet Place’, which completely spoilt the mood and rather peeved me until I realised that John would probably approve of their cheek. a-hard-days-night-john-6  

That sounds really fun! Was it your first time?

I’ve been to Strawberry Fields too! Instead of hip-hop there was a busker singing really bad renditions of Beatles songs. mccartney-shrug_01_gif At least his heart was in the right place?

Unfortunately my Strawberry Fields trip was made before my extreme Beatles obsession began. Maybe I’ll go back one day. 

I’m glad you’re back, I missed your posts!

Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

20 December 2018
6.57am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2143
11166sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve been to NYC four times. First time I went I went straight to the Dakota and then the memorial. A real pilgrimage for me, to even walk on the paths where John walked, and be around where he was. Stopped in front of the gate, and obviously thought of what happened on that hideous night. It was smaller area than I imagined. And when I walked around Central Park I imagined John doing so in his spare time. NYC has changed but it’s essentially still the same. 

Anyway, tomorrow is my last day of work for the year. Then my holiday begins.

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

20 December 2018
8.44am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
11167sp_Permalink sp_Print

Be sure to show him the Beatles Bible and the forum, @50yearslate beatlemaniacs_02_gif

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

50yearslate, SgtPeppersBulldog
20 December 2018
9.51am
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
11168sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
Be sure to show him the Beatles Bible and the forum, @50yearslate beatlemaniacs_02_gif  

Ooh good idea! I’ll try not to forget.

I take the last final of the year in about five minutes– History. We’re allowed to have one side of a sheet of binder paper with notes to look at during the test, and I used a mechanical paper and filled up every square millimeter of space with the tiniest writing imaginable. Here’s hoping I’ll be able to read it…

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

20 December 2018
12.15pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
11169sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said

That sounds really fun! Was it your first time?

Yes indeed, I had only driven past the outskirts of the city before.

I’m glad you’re back, I missed your posts!/utilcave_com/inc/ezcl.webp?cb=4  

So’m I! john-lennon-salute_gif

Good luck with your test. apple01

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

20 December 2018
12.40pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
11170sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said

So’m I! john-lennon-salute_gif

Good luck with your test. apple01  

Thanks heart

It’s over now. It went pretty well, I think, but I feel stupid for spending so much time on my paper because I spent hours making it and only ended up looking at it twice… 

On a brighter note, tonight is the night! I’ll be transitioning from finals studying to Beatles studying now. I plan to spend the afternoon reading the Anthology and this book my dad has about the Beatles’ solo releases on Apple.

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

20 December 2018
2.33pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
11171sp_Permalink sp_Print

@50yearslate said

It’s over now. It went pretty well, I think, but I feel stupid for spending so much time on my paper because I spent hours making it and only ended up looking at it twice… 

The effort you went through to make the paper is probably the reason you needed it so little. I find writing things out always helps me remember them better, which is primarily why I do it.

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

50yearslate, Little Piggy Dragonguy

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

20 December 2018
3.31pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
11172sp_Permalink sp_Print

Which is useful for those who learn by writing. I don’t know about other education systems, but the one we have in Victoria is geared way towards writing, not the other three methods. Too bad I’m the aural and kinaesthetic person…

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Beatlebug

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

20 December 2018
3.43pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
11173sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Hole Got Fixed said
Which is useful for those who learn by writing. I don’t know about other education systems, but the one we have in Victoria is geared way towards writing, not the other three methods. Too bad I’m the aural and kinaesthetic person…  

Yikes. For me, it kind of depends on the class/teacher. For instance, most of the math classes I have had involve watching the teacher explain how to do the problems and then doing a worksheet with similar problems, while most history classes have involved the teacher talking and us taking notes. Actually, this year it seems that all we ever do in all my classes is take notes. a-hard-days-night-paul-3 Notes stress me out. But I’d say that most stuff here is geared towards writing, and we kinesthetic learners just have to live with it. a-hard-days-night-paul-10

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

20 December 2018
8.20pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
11174sp_Permalink sp_Print

Exactly. That’s why teachers let you bring notes like that to take a test. So you’ll really know the material by the time you get to taking the test.

20 December 2018
8.55pm
Into the Sky with Diamonds
New York
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1979
11175sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Beatlebug @50yearslate @vonbontee @Timothy 

I have not one, but two Beatle trivial pursuits – both unopened. Nobody wants to play. Maybe there would be a way for us to play online?

Welcome to NYC! There are a number of Beatle-worthy sites including the Ed Sullivan Theater where they made their official US debut, the Plaza hotel where they made their underground escape to evade fans on their way to … the Ed Sullivan theater,… etc… Glad you had a good time!

The following people thank Into the Sky with Diamonds for this post:

Beatlebug

"Into the Sky with Diamonds" (the Beatles and the Race to the Moon – a history)

20 December 2018
8.56pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
11176sp_Permalink sp_Print

Into the Sky with Diamonds said
@Beatlebug @50yearslate @vonbontee @Timothy 

I have not one, but two Beatle trivial pursuits – both unopened. Nobody wants to play. Maybe there would be a way for us to play online?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be the most amazing thing ever if we could figure it out. And don’t forget @Expert Textpert !

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

21 December 2018
11.01am
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
11177sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said 

Okay so we played it last night and it was

A M A Z I N G.

So he was good. Really good, but not quite as good as I was expecting. @Ron Nasty could have crushed him without blinking. But it was amazing. Multiple times throughout the game, we stopped playing for a few minutes to just talk about the Beatles– we’d talk about the smallest little details from their songs and their movies and it was just fantastic. I think I enjoyed that more than the game itself, which is really saying something.

So for a while the game was really close, because he, me, and my dad all had our pieces filled up all the way, but he got lucky and won with the question, “What was the name of the bonus disc of All Things Must Pass ?” (Apple Jam).

There were a few questions he didn’t know that surprised me a bit. For instance, he didn’t know which movie had Buckingham Palace in it– he said A Hard Day’s Night paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif But he also got some pretty hard questions right without even thinking about them. I was quite impressed, and it was nice to talk Beatles with someone who really, really knows them. He seemed to enjoy it too, and when the game ended (he won, but it was close) he said he was very impressed with me, but I think he only said that because for one question (how many songs on With the Beatles are written by John and Paul) I wrote down thirteen of the fourteen songs on the album (I forgot Till There Was You  paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif) and counted them and got the question right. (Seven.)

All in all an extremely wonderful, fantastic, and amazing experience.heart

Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog, Expert Textpert

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

22 December 2018
3.13pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5012
11178sp_Permalink sp_Print

Awesome. We just need to figure out how to get our online game going. Shouldn’t be too hard.

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

22 December 2018
4.03pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
11179sp_Permalink sp_Print

If you figure it out I’d be more than happy to play!!!

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

22 December 2018
7.32pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
11180sp_Permalink sp_Print

So I’ve been thinking it over and I think we have two options: @Into the Sky with Diamonds sets up the game, moves the pieces, etc and asks us the questions via Forum– we’d have to roll our own dice though. That might be inconvenient for ITSWD though, which leads us to the next option: using the question cards and adapting them into a more computer-friendly version. For instance, we could do more of a Jeopardy-style version with points instead of wedges. That would probably be more time efficient as well. But really it’s for ITSWD to decide, since it’s their game.

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: vonbontee
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24963, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694