Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
1 December 2018
9.46pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
11061sp_Permalink sp_Print

And also I’m not sure what I’d do if we were halfway through a game and I wanted to play a game IRL. But we might be able to figure out a way if we’re clever.

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

1 December 2018
9.46pm
TheWalrusWasBrian
fell off the roof AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2150
11062sp_Permalink sp_Print

Expert Textpert said

I wonder if we could find a way to play it here on the forum.  

I’m all for that!

I would totally buy it if I saw it and but since you guys are pretty much my only Beatley friends it would just be kind of sad, me playing a board game with myself.

IMG_3978.PNG|badge1.png | I don’t know how to put it here. hello for the love of god hello 

~~~

The Concert for Bageldesh

~~~

Walrian here! Not Fiddy, or anyone else, actually.

1 December 2018
9.49pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
11063sp_Permalink sp_Print

TheWalrusWasBrian said

I’m all for that!

I would totally buy it if I saw it and but since you guys are pretty much my only Beatley friends it would just be kind of sad, me playing a board game with myself.  

You can get it on Amazon but it’s pretty expensive. We should definitely figure out a way. I really want to play with Beatley people (although that means I’ll for sure lose because I’m hopeless in three of the categories and I would also embarrass myself by guessing really stupid answers. Like one time I got the question “name a 1967 single with a greeting in the title” and my idiot self was like “oh, duh, it’s Hey Jude ” but that didn’t even come out in 1967.)

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

Expert Textpert

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

1 December 2018
9.50pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5012
11064sp_Permalink sp_Print

TheWalrusWasBrian said

I’m all for that!

Well, you wouldn’t be playing it alone if we were all playing it. But we would each have to promise not to look up the answers on the Internet.

The following people thank Expert Textpert for this post:

50yearslate

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

1 December 2018
9.51pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
11065sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said

You can get it on Amazon but it’s pretty expensive. We should definitely figure out a way. I really want to play with Beatley people (although that means I’ll for sure lose because I’m hopeless in three of the categories and I would also embarrass myself by guessing really stupid answers. Like one time I got the question “name a 1967 single with a greeting in the title” and my idiot self was like “oh, duh, it’s Hey Jude ” but that didn’t even come out in 1967.)  

I think the questions are hard and I know more than all my friends know (excluding people here of course. I would lose if @Ron Nasty played me.)

1 December 2018
9.54pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
11066sp_Permalink sp_Print

Expert Textpert said

50yearslate said

I think the questions are hard and I know more than all my friends know (excluding people here of course. I would lose if @Ron Nasty played me.)  

So true though. None of my friends know anything about the Beatles. If you went up to them and asked them to name all four Beatles I don’t think they could do it. But everyone here knows so much it’s scary. 

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

1 December 2018
9.55pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
11067sp_Permalink sp_Print

Expert Textpert said

Well, you wouldn’t be playing it alone if we were all playing it. But we would each have to promise not to look up the answers on the Internet.  

Of course not! I would never do such a thing! When I got the game my dad made me swear not to read through all the questions and look at the answers, which I would NEVER do. That would completely ruin it. But I really hope we can figure out a way to play it, that would be so fun.

Expert Textpert

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

1 December 2018
9.56pm
TheWalrusWasBrian
Candlestick Park
Members
11068sp_Permalink sp_Print

Agh, i meant if I bought it and didn’t play with you guys. Darn confusing wording! 

Anyroad, I know many small interesting facts about them from my years of research, but I would never even win Beatles Trivia (even easier!) against RN! 

The following people thank TheWalrusWasBrian for this post:

Expert Textpert, 50yearslate

IMG_3978.PNG|badge1.png | I don’t know how to put it here. hello for the love of god hello 

~~~

~~~

1 December 2018
9.59pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
11069sp_Permalink sp_Print

As for the questions being hard, they’re very unpredictable. There are a few level one questions that are incredibly confusing and hard, and some number six questions that seem way too easy. Also for some of the easier questions there are little clues. Like there was a question, “What 1964 single could you buy, even if you can’t buy love?” and “What Ringo Starr album takes a sentimental journey?” But then some are like “What was this one particular photo shoot called” and you’re like “wait a minute photo shoots have names? WHAT IS THIS WHY WOULD ANYONE KNOW THIS” but it’s still really fun and there are a lot of good questions! I like the film questions best. ahdn_ringo_09

Expert Textpert, Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

1 December 2018
10.00pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
11070sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hahaha. Trivia is hard. But it’s fun to lose playing Beatles.

50yearslate, Beatlebug

1 December 2018
10.01pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
11071sp_Permalink sp_Print

TheWalrusWasBrian said
Agh, i meant if I bought it and didn’t play with you guys. Darn confusing wording! 

Anyroad, I know many small interesting facts about them from my years of research, but I would never even win Beatles Trivia (even easier!) against RN!   

Could anyone beat him?

Although it’s quite a game of luck in some ways. I was playing with my uncle and my cousins and my dad, and my uncle knew the answer to all of the questions– every single one– except his own questions. So he’d read me a question and know the answer, and he’d read my dad a question and know the answer, and we’d read him a question and he’d have no idea. He didn’t get a single question of his own right for like half the game.

Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

1 December 2018
10.04pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
11072sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sometimes I wonder how good the actual Beatles would be, like if we sat Paul and Ringo down and played with them. Some stuff they’d obviously know (“what profession was Paul’s mother?”) but I think some stuff they’d have no idea (“which two beatles songs contain the word postcard).  It would be interesting to see how much they remember.  I remember in one interview I watched they asked Paul a question and he was like “I have no idea. But you could ask any one of my fans and they would know.”

Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

1 December 2018
10.06pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
11073sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said

Could anyone beat him?

Although it’s quite a game of luck in some ways. I was playing with my uncle and my cousins and my dad, and my uncle knew the answer to all of the questions– every single one– except his own questions. So he’d read me a question and know the answer, and he’d read my dad a question and know the answer, and we’d read him a question and he’d have no idea. He didn’t get a single question of his own right for like half the game.  

That’s weird.

Yes, it’s interesting how famous people know less about their lives than you do. But think about it–do you know everything you were doing years and years ago? Probably not.

Beatlebug

1 December 2018
10.09pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
11074sp_Permalink sp_Print

Expert Textpert said

That’s weird.

Yes, it’s interesting how famous people know less about their lives than you do. But think about it–do you know everything you were doing years and years ago? Probably not.  

Exactly. And they probably find people like us really creepy in a way. “Paul, I know he day you met John AND what color pants you were wearing on that day AND the middle name of the little old lady that was walking by AND the exact temperature AND the exact words both of you said…”

Although we’re not quite that creepy, I’d like to think.  (I don’t know any of those things. What’s scary is that I’d like to. Well maybe not the little old lady part but you get the idea…)

Expert Textpert, Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2 December 2018
11.56am
TheWalrusWasBrian
Candlestick Park
Members
11075sp_Permalink sp_Print

It is kind of weird how we know these things.. But that’s our job, i suppose, someone has to know.

~~~

~~~

2 December 2018
12.10pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
11076sp_Permalink sp_Print

I suppose. It’s the strangest thing; like many students, I hate studying and memorizing tedious and useless information for school. I couldn’t care less about the chemical composition of acids or how to simplify radicals, but I’m not really given a choice, so I have to waste my time studying them. But with the Beatles, totally random and arbitrary information interests me. George Harrison ‘s favorite color was purple? Cool! John Lennon ‘s middle name was Winston? Cool! Paul McCartney ‘s first song was called I Lost My Little Girl? Cool! It’s equally random information with very little use in the real world, but I love knowing it and I love studying it. It’s the weirdest thing, but there you are. For instance, right now I’m supposed to be studying for my history final, but I’m watching a George interview and reading the forum.

SgtPeppersBulldog, The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2 December 2018
12.54pm
TheWalrusWasBrian
Candlestick Park
Members
11077sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hm, I love memorizing small facts about everything.probably the only reason i do well in school. Ha, don’t even get me started on the homework i should be doing right now. 

The following people thank TheWalrusWasBrian for this post:

Beatlebug

~~~

~~~

2 December 2018
12.59pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
11078sp_Permalink sp_Print

TheWalrusWasBrian said
Hm, I love memorizing small facts about everything.probably the only reason i do well in school. Ha, don’t even get me started on the homework i should be doing right now.   

I’m good at memorizing facts, so I’m quite good in History and English. It’s when you have to memorize facts AND how to manipulate them– for instance, memorizing a math formula and having to remember how and when to use it– that I get messed up. I’ve normally been an A student but I’m not doing so well in Chemistry and math this year. a-hard-days-night-paul-10

Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2 December 2018
12.59pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
11079sp_Permalink sp_Print

Also, history and english are interesting. Chemistry and math are boring.

sir walter raleigh, Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2 December 2018
1.52pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
11080sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said
Also, history and english are interesting. Chemistry and math are boring.  

I’m the same way. Really good at history and english. I didn’t know about Classics existing until i went to college, and now its my major. Perfect combination of the two. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

Beatlebug

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22229, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694