Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
22 June 2018
8.55pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
10801sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dear me, @sir walter raleigh, I hope you regain some normality in your life sometime soon… heartheart

I hope none of your lost possessions were terribly important to you?blue-meanie

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

22 June 2018
9.51pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
10802sp_Permalink sp_Print

My Martin Guitar and my sir walter raleigh shirt burned, among other things…

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

23 June 2018
1.46am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
10803sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-paul-10heart Many condolences for your losses. Some material, others very sentimental it appears.blue-meanie

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

23 June 2018
11.21pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
10804sp_Permalink sp_Print

Jesus, @sir walter raleigh, that’s absolutely horrible. My condolences for your Martin and other possessions lost. I’m certain your guitar is jamming along in The Great Gig In The Sky.heartheartheart

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

24 June 2018
11.25am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
10805sp_Permalink sp_Print

Crappy beyond belief, @sir walter raleigh, blue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanie, especially as I guess it means…

without your Sir Walter Raleigh shirt you are appearing before us topless…

blue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanie

a-hard-days-night-george-10heart Crappy news indeed! a-hard-days-night-george-10

I am putting my new coffee maker through its paces for the first time. When I say new, I bought it in the last quarter of 2016. But the expresso maker was still working on the old one. Today I have switched machines so I can have coffee again, instead of expresso. There’s a reason why expresso resists surrendering more than a quarter of a mug at a time. Eyeballs like Looney Tunes!!!

Taylors of Harrogate Cacao Superior Columbia is my first toe in that steaming delicious-smelling swill. Lovely coffee, but I’m gonna be pigging out to the degree I won’t sleep again until the end of this month, if not sooner!

Should have got it out the box much sooner. You need a decent coffee to top with brandy.

heartbeatlemaniacs_02_gifheartbeatlemaniacs_02_gifheartbeatlemaniacs_02_gif

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars, vonbontee

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

24 June 2018
12.47pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
10806sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh no @sir walter raleigh, I’m so so sorry to hear that. You actually have got me not-quite-tearing-up a little. a-hard-days-night-paul-10 (I’m rather sleep-deprived right now ahdn_paul_01) apple01apple02heart

*Warning: supermassive bragfest (not really) under spoiler*

I, in the meantime, had an absolutely fantastic yesterday. . .

(one of) my best mate(s) graduated (the laddie is all grown up and goin’ off to college, dear me a-hard-days-night-paul-10) and we (the Offbeats — me and three other fellows) played a couple of songs during the ceremony: ‘With A Little Help From My Friends ‘ by our own boys a-hard-days-night-john-1paul-mccartney-thumb_gifahdn_george_08a-hard-days-night-ringo-15 and ‘Changes’ by the one and only David Bowie heart and they were both very excellent and the ceremony was pretty cool too, and then we ROCKED OUT afterward. beatlemaniacs_02_gif

We played a total of 20 songs, arranged into two sets ten songs each with an intermission between so we could guzzle water and ask people how they liked it so far. The audience mostly consisted of friends and family, occourse, but I think all parties enjoyed themselves. We scraped through very respectably, considering our amateurism and the fact that we’ve only been really practising for this ‘gig’ for two months a-hard-days-night-paul-7 and our drummer doesn’t even actually have a drum kit, he used a keyboard drum for practise and we had to borrow one for the gig itself. paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif I also have barely any experience with singing into a microphone; it’s harder than it looks when you’re also playing guitar, and I’m the sole guitarist so some of those lines I was playing weren’t extremely simple (anyone here ever tried covering Muse? …no…? It’s not easy. They’re an incredible live act derek-taylor_01_gif).

Songs of note included:
– ‘Money’ (by Pink Floyd, with ecstatic Gilmourish guitarindulgence from yours truly)
– no less than three fairly demanding Muse songs (‘Panic Station’ — a very retro, quite fun bop — ‘Knights of Cydonia’ as our first set closer, with the ‘Man With A Harmonica’ intro and it was extremely epic as per usual, and ‘Starlight’, which is me mum’s favourite song)
– and three more David Bowies (‘Space Oddity’, ‘Starman’ — this one was especially fun — and ‘Fashion’ — this one was especially fun, and we followed it with the Kinks’ ‘Dedicated Follower of Fashion’ a-hard-days-night-john-6)
– and Beatles (‘I Should Have Known Better ‘, ‘Love Me Do ‘ — chosen for their harmonica-rich-ness and not-too-difficulty — and ‘Here Comes The Sun ‘ — NOT an easy song to cover, rhythm-wise).

We also really rocked the Talking Heads song ‘Wild Wild Life ‘ (the graduating mate is a huge Talking Heads fan and so we played that especially for his benefit) and closed the second set with a fabulously sloppy and deranged version of ‘Rock Lobster’ by the B-52s. And then, even though no one asked for it, we did (Pink Floyd’s) ‘Wish You Were Here’, which we haven’t played in forever but did a nice job of. a-hard-days-night-john-6

It was an incredible experience. A fabulous cap to what has been a really terrific couple of months for us — we worked our arses off, and it was really lovely, the amount of musical camaraderie that we’ve built up in such a short time — I realised, one practise session, when we were jamming a bit at the end of a song and suddenly sort of read each other’s minds and finished beautifully, that the DREAM is BECOMING REAL beatlemaniacs_02_gifheart

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

24 June 2018
1.04pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
10807sp_Permalink sp_Print

Now, see, @Beatlebug, I imagine you doing far better with this, than that. Much more you if you ask me! Which you didn’t! a-hard-days-night-george-10

Sorry!!!? ahdn_john_08_gif

Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

24 June 2018
1.09pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
10808sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, he is more of a Dedicated Creator of Fashion than a follower (OH YES HE IS [oh yes he is] OH YES HE IS [oh yes he is]). As am I. We borrow relentlessly from ancient trends and fads, and make them our own with what we have today, and never look like everybody else. a-hard-days-night-john-6

The song was dedicated to follow ‘Fashion’, though mccartney-shrug_01_gif

Also, I’d never heard (of) that song but thanks for bringing it to my attention! john-lennon-salute_gif

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

24 June 2018
1.24pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
10809sp_Permalink sp_Print

Apologies, @Beatlebug, linked to a ’70s version by mistake, my mistake!, oops!, I meant mid-60s b-side!

Beatlebug

24 June 2018
4.07pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
10810sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

What a terrible way for your possessions to go, @sir walter raleigh. After an injury like that, too! I have my fingers crossed things are going to get better for you. apple01heart

@Beatlebug That’s one setlist! (yay, Beatles, Bowie, PF and Kinks!) a-hard-days-night-ringo-10 Make sure to send us all some tickets for when this becomes a world tour! a-hard-days-night-george-10 

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

25 June 2018
3.57pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
10811sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sounds like it was a lot of fun, @Beatlebug! Let me know when you’ve booked some Canadian dates. a-hard-days-night-john-6

Finished my last exam on Friday; results will hopefully be up soon. I hope I didn’t mess up too badly.

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

26 June 2018
8.48pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
10812sp_Permalink sp_Print

We are waiting right along with you, @WeepingAtlasCedars.

I voted tonight. I waited in line for an hour. paul-mccartney They need more people to work at the polling stations.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars
27 June 2018
10.48am
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
10813sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hope you can get the best possible results, @WeepingAtlasCedars! apple01heart 

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

29 June 2018
8.57am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2143
10814sp_Permalink sp_Print

sir walter raleigh said
Tore out my shoulder, missed 2 weeks of Mountain Biking. Once I get healthy my camp cabin burns down and I lose all of my possessions. 

Its super shitty. I get back on my bike (which was in another building) on Monday.   

Man, that sucks. Imagine no possessions indeed. Hope you’re going okay. 

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

29 June 2018
9.50am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
10815sp_Permalink sp_Print

Got a 2% raise at work. It is the first raise in about 8 years. Nice, but I better enjoy that little bit of extra money from now until December because I set my 403B retirement account to automatically increase by 2% each year until I retire. Come January, I won’t be seeing that 2% in my pay.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars
29 June 2018
10.39am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
10816sp_Permalink sp_Print

Look at this way, AG, without the 2% raise, you’d have been losing 2% in January anyway – so you’ll still be 2% better off in January as the pension would have taken a similar amount if you’d got the raise or not.

I am now back on my phone for interweb either until next Friday or my PIP is paid. They said on Monday they know I should have heard already, and I should hear next week at the latest. Believe it when I get it. They are now approaching two weeks late.

God , I hate posting on my phone! So very slow! So many mistypes to correct.

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

29 June 2018
5.57pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
10817sp_Permalink sp_Print

That’s what the dreaded autocorrect is for RN – to correct mistypes (and correct actual words!)

I’m now on 2 weeks of school holidays. I’m So Tired this morning that by the time* I had finished buttering my toast it was all cold. a-hard-days-night-paul-10mccartney-shrug_01_gif

*I should point out that autocorrect autocorrected ‘the time’ to ‘throne’paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

aus-flag-v-small.png

29 June 2018
6.32pm
Thommo
The Kaiserkeller
Members
Forum Posts: 52
10818sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m also on school holidays now. It’s a shame that the weather isn’t great and that I have to work more shifts at work.paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

Last night was great for me as my team won our indoor cricket final last night and I got to watch the footy (Australian football) team I support win a thriller against a team we haven’t beaten in 9 years.

The following people thank Thommo for this post:

Timothy, The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog
29 June 2018
7.52pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2143
10819sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s the school holidays here for two weeks. But I’ll be at work. Oh well, Christmas holidays are when I get to go away. 

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

30 June 2018
6.47pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
10820sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Went to an event at a local art gallery/studio/shoppe o’ faffery where we got to paint some walls of the shop. Silly Dad and Sis and I met my best mate there and we (among many others) spent a couple of hours putting a load o’ fabbish* atop an unsuspecting stack of bricks. ‘Twas lovely. a-hard-days-night-george-9

This happened ahdn_george_06
IMAG0579_1.jpgImage Enlarger

and then I saw that someone had painted a beautiful octopus, so I said to meself and me mate, ‘That octopus needs a garden,’ and so that happened. a-hard-days-night-john-6
IMAG0598.jpgImage Enlarger

(also marching hammers are completely necessary to the thematic health of a white brick wall a-hard-days-night-george-10)

We collaborated — he drew a bunch of squid and I painted a bunch of leaves, and then he elaborated on my leaves and I coloured his squid, all the whilst yakking and off-key singing randome fragments of Bowie songs at each other. ahdn_ringo_09

…aaaand it appears that I can deliberately mis-spell ‘Be’ but I cannot spell ‘under’ paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif (I didn’t notice that till now, how very embarrassing)

*Fabulous-rubbish

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24963, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694