Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
5 May 2018
4.45am
Hippymama
The Kaiserkeller
Members
Forum Posts: 54
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
10661sp_Permalink sp_Print

I live in the Scottish highands, lots of haggis up here haha. My local supermarket has a full fridge of haggis and haggis related products. I’m not a huge fan (haggis sausages are ok), but my kids have developed a fondness for spicy haggis pakoras! Hope your cold is better soon 🙂

The following people thank Hippymama for this post:

Ahhh Girl
5 May 2018
4.47am
Hippymama
The Kaiserkeller
Members
10662sp_Permalink sp_Print

The sun is actually shining here so we are out in the garden after going to swimming lessons this morning. The kids are on the trampoline and I am on my laptop. I’m supposed to be updating my website, but I keep getting drawn back to this forum ahdn_john_08_gif

Ahhh Girl
5 May 2018
5.37am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2144
10663sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s getting colder now in Australia. I’ve put a couple more blankets on my bed. ahdn_george_08

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

Beatlebug, trcanberra

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

5 May 2018
5.44am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
10664sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yes, all of a sudden, it has, I agree.

I looked at the forecast, and it will be 13C here on Thursday. That’s pretty big from yesterday’s 23C. 

It’ll be a long, cold, lonely winter…

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Timothy, Beatlebug

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

5 May 2018
6.18am
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
10665sp_Permalink sp_Print

Timothy said
It’s getting colder now in Australia. I’ve put a couple more blankets on my bed. ahdn_george_08  

Funny you should say that, as it looks like the summer-y weather over here in the UK is making it’s way back. The sky is a deep blue where I am, which makes a nice change.a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

I said on the 20th April

I definitely think I did worse in the French one, mainly because I wasn’t allowed what I’d wrote down in the exam room, but for the English one, I was allowed my final word document I did the day before. But hey, the French one was a mock, so perhaps I shouldn’t doubt it as much, as there might be a stroke of luck before the real one.ahdn_george_01

I had the real thing yesterday, and I’m happy to say it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be! mccartney-shrug_01_gif I only struggled to answer three of the questions out of about ten. Not to mention the day before, my friend helped me go through some of the questions.

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

5 May 2018
7.36am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22223
10666sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hippymama said
I live in the Scottish highands, lots of haggis up here haha. My local supermarket has a full fridge of haggis and haggis related products. I’m not a huge fan (haggis sausages are ok), but my kids have developed a fondness for spicy haggis pakoras! Hope your cold is better soon 🙂  

Our very own @meanmistermustard is from Scotland too. I’m sure he’ll pop in to say hi soon.

I am glad you are finding pleasure in this happy forum. heart

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Timothy, Hippymama, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars
5 May 2018
9.16am
Hippymama
The Kaiserkeller
Members
10667sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you! It seems like a great place 🙂

5 May 2018
9.16am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
10668sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hippymama said

The Highlands are beautiful, i’m more in the Central belt of Scotland which also has a number of beautiful locations. I took a train up to Tarbet, up in Loch Lomond, last year and the views were spectacular.

Haggis is something I have grown into and can be wonderful, tho I did have a roll and haggis and sausage (square/Lorne not link – which can stir up fiercer debates than who snag the Ahh’s in ‘ADITL’) and it didn’t work. 

Talking of weird foods, I had a blue cheese and black pudding beefburger back in December which was surprisingly very nice. Also eaten deep fried brie and cranberry which made me very ill – I don’t think there is any food Scotland won’t deep fry.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Hippymama, Beatlebug, trcanberra, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

5 May 2018
10.03am
Hippymama
The Kaiserkeller
Members
10669sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
The Highlands are beautiful, i’m more in the Central belt of Scotland which also has a number of beautiful locations. I took a train up to Tarbet, up in Loch Lomond, last year and the views were spectacular.

Haggis is something I have grown into and can be wonderful, tho I did have a roll and haggis and sausage (square/Lorne not link – which can stir up fiercer debates than who snag the Ahh’s in ‘ADITL’) and it didn’t work. 

Talking of weird foods, I had a blue cheese and black pudding beefburger back in December which was surprisingly very nice. Also eaten deep fried brie and cranberry which made me very ill – I don’t think there is any food Scotland won’t deep fry.  

I’ve not been to the Central Belt, only driven through when we moved up here. I’m not originally from Scotland (although I am half Scottish) and hadn’t been here before we moved last year. My husband came and picked the house and me and the kids arrived with the moving van! Luckily he chose a nice spot. We are near a place called Nairn which is about halfway between Inverness and Eglin.

I quite like a bit of Lorne sausage now and again, but I can quite happily leave haggis. The first time I walked into a chippy here was an education. As you say, they will fry almost anything in Scotland! Our local chippy has deep fried haggis, battered black pudding, red pudding and white pudding, deep fried pizza (pizza crunch!), cheesy sticks, deep fried MARS BARS etc! I’ve tried the battered sausage and battered red pudding (both tasty!), but don’t think my tastebuds are ready for deep fried chocolate haha

Beatlebug
5 May 2018
10.37am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
10670sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ Must be something the Scots settlers retained when they came to this side of the pond: Southerners will fry anything, too. Especially at the NC State Fair… I heard they had a deep-fried cinnamon bun with bacon a few years ago paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

Anyway, I had my final Psychology exam today, and will do History later (the psych test was on campus, the history I’ll do at home — it’s an online class). I got a reasonably good score so I Feel Fine . mccartney-shrug_01_gif

I think I also got misgendered by the front-desk lady… I present pretty masculine (especially today), but I thought it was still fairly apparent that I’m female, but she referred to me as a he. ahdn_paul_02

I was mildly chuffed. ahdn_george_06

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Hippymama, Father McKenzie, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

5 May 2018
9.01pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
10671sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Hole Got Fixed said
Yes, all of a sudden, it has, I agree.

I looked at the forecast, and it will be 13C here on Thursday. That’s pretty big from yesterday’s 23C. 

It’ll be a long, cold, lonely winter…  

Really windy here this morning. I do love the rain, but the wind? Not so much.

The Hole Got Fixed, trcanberra

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

5 May 2018
9.40pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
10672sp_Permalink sp_Print

Great news @Necko

Nice to see you pop in @Linde

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

Necko

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

5 May 2018
10.29pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
10673sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a retro cathedral radio in my room. You can’t beat the aesthetics of the past. paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, SgtPeppersBulldog

6 May 2018
9.19am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
10674sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Will be seeing Muse (heart) at Carolina Rebellion festival tonight. I have no idea what it’s going to be like (probably wild), but I’m excited ahdn_john_08_gif

Edit: 12000th post ahdn_george_08

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Ahhh Girl, Father McKenzie, WeepingAtlasCedars, trcanberra

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

6 May 2018
1.39pm
Father McKenzie
Liverpool England
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1544
10675sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Beatlebug: Muse are pretty good. Enjoy beatlemaniacs_02_gif

The following people thank Father McKenzie for this post:

Beatlebug

Still writing the words to the sermon that no one will hear......

6 May 2018
3.45pm
Hippymama
The Kaiserkeller
Members
10676sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Beatlebug I love Muse. I used to live very close to the town they’re from in Devon. Apparently they did a big concert there just before we moved to the area. Have fun!

Beatlebug
6 May 2018
4.53pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
10677sp_Permalink sp_Print

There are always two sides to a story, also depends where you start reading from.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Timothy, Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

7 May 2018
8.02am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
10678sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Today was fairly boring, but I always think about people who have died recently, and how precious life is. I’m grateful to be living and find the beauty in every day. I love lunch time, when I sit in a park near a water feature and relax for 30 minutes or longer. It’s a reminder that there’s more to my world than sitting in an office in front of a computer.

Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog, The Hole Got Fixed, sir walter raleigh

8 May 2018
3.23pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
10679sp_Permalink sp_Print

It is officially definitely benign.

The following people thank Necko for this post:

Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, sir walter raleigh, Father McKenzie, Shamrock Womlbs, Hippymama, Ron Nasty, WeepingAtlasCedars

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

8 May 2018
4.12pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22223
10680sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Necko said
It is officially definitely benign.  

…you know it’s Good News!!!!

fistpump.gifImage Enlarger

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

sir walter raleigh, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694