Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
17 February 2018
10.11am
Father McKenzie
Liverpool England
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1544
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
10401sp_Permalink sp_Print

@merrymunky: I felt it at a little before 3:00pm

Still writing the words to the sermon that no one will hear......

17 February 2018
1.08pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3752
10402sp_Permalink sp_Print

Father McKenzie said
There was an earthquake in Swansea Wales about an hour or so ago. It measured 4.9 on the Richter scale, and I felt it in Liverpool (I was sat on my bed,and the bed started shaking). 

Did any of our other UK chatters feel it?  

I didn’t feel it, but I’m up in the North so probably too far away.

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

Father McKenzie

“While I will admit to a certain cynicism, the fact is that I’m a naysayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I’ll gladly take another - because I choose to live my life in the company of Ghandi and King. My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love. I love you, Sheriff Truman.”

17 February 2018
1.55pm
merrymunky
Poole, England
Casbah Coffee Club
Members
Forum Posts: 24
10403sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Father McKenzie Seems a lot of my loca friends felt it. Seems I just missed it!

17 February 2018
2.04pm
Father McKenzie
Liverpool England
Candlestick Park
Members
10404sp_Permalink sp_Print

@merrymunky: paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif haha a-hard-days-night-george-10. It wasn’t that exciting anyway. It only lasted a couple of minutes here. 

19 February 2018
2.53pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
10405sp_Permalink sp_Print

Guess who has two thumbs and is going to Liverpool in September?

This girl!

I’m going with my mam, dad, and one of the brothers. The other one will probably be getting shot at in Syria or something in September so unfortunately he can’t join us.

The family likes going somewhere as a collective unit in September as the brothers don’t like going abroad with their family anymore (l0sers) and prefer to travel by themselves or with friends.

Anyways, the brother coming is quite a decent Beatles fan. Not hardcore of course but he knows a good bit of Beatles’ history courtesy of his little sis. So, I’ll do all of the Beatley stuff with him while mam and dad wonder about what the hell they can do in Liverpool for 5 days. 

We’ll probably do the whole Beatles’ thing for 1-2 days then go to the Lake District or Chester Zoo and other things. 

Should be great craic. I’m in London with my mates the week before, home for 2 days then off to Liverpool with the family. Truly delightful.

Also Beatley moment: We’ve rented an apartment that is about 2 minutes away from where Stu grew up.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog, Father McKenzie, QuarryMan, WeepingAtlasCedars, Little Piggy Dragonguy

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

19 February 2018
3.24pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
10406sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congrats @AppleScruffJunior! Hope your brother is okay in Syria or somewhere. apple01

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

AppleScruffJunior

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

19 February 2018
3.37pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
10407sp_Permalink sp_Print

He isn’t in Syria….yet. But I think they’re going shipping out more of our wonderful lads and lassies to go on peacekeeping missions in September. He could be sent to the Lebanon or Mali as well. 

He’s only doing it for the pay, and he’s also an excellent sniper (he got an award for it and everything) so if he ever has to engage in combat with someone, it’s the enemy I’d be worried for. 

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Beatlebug

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

19 February 2018
6.42pm
Father McKenzie
Liverpool England
Candlestick Park
Members
10408sp_Permalink sp_Print

@AppleScruffJunior: Have a great time when you come to the ‘Pool. Hope you enjoy it. Also I hope that your brother is OK paul-mccartney-thumb_gifapple01

The following people thank Father McKenzie for this post:

AppleScruffJunior

20 February 2018
2.16am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
10409sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hope your brother is okay, @AppleScruffJunior . You’ll love Liverpool, but definitely come up to the Lake District if you get a chance, it’s a really lovely place. I can recommend you all the best spots to visit if you like 🙂 

AppleScruffJunior, Beatlebug

“While I will admit to a certain cynicism, the fact is that I’m a naysayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I’ll gladly take another - because I choose to live my life in the company of Ghandi and King. My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love. I love you, Sheriff Truman.”

24 February 2018
4.12pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
10410sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just finished Muse’s By Request live-stream show. I need to get on with my life (and my Harrithon) now ahdn_george_01

I’m having a hard time a-hard-days-night-paul-7

SgtPeppersBulldog

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

25 February 2018
5.43pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
10411sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tomorrow I’m travelling thru London via the Underground.

I hate travelling thru London via the Underground.

Everyone looks so damn miserable and there is a horrendous feeling of claustrophobia having been shoved 4,000 leagues beneath the surface.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

sir walter raleigh, SgtPeppersBulldog

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

26 February 2018
11.26am
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
10412sp_Permalink sp_Print

Have my last set of mocks before the proper GCSEs next week. I feel a little more confident about science (but that doesn’t mean it’s grown closer to being my favourite subject… ahdn_paul_01) but a little worried about French speaking  exam and Sociology, particularly answering all questions in the best timing on the latter. 

I’m also getting back into The Monkees again, which I started by watching Head last night (I’ve made a post about that in the appropriate thread.) Will probably be on a binge of the TV series from tonight onwards. 

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

Beatlebug

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

26 February 2018
1.40pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
10413sp_Permalink sp_Print

SgtPeppersBulldog said
Have my last set of mocks before the proper GCSEs next week. I feel a little more confident about science (but that doesn’t mean it’s grown closer to being my favourite subject… ahdn_paul_01) but a little worried about French speaking  exam and Sociology, particularly answering all questions in the best timing on the latter. 

I’m also getting back into The Monkees again, which I started by watching Head last night (I’ve made a post about that in the appropriate thread.) Will probably be on a binge of the TV series from tonight onwards.   

Don’t worry about GCSEs, as long as you’re well prepared they’ll be fine. I did them last year. Best of luck to you, @SgtPeppersBulldog 

SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug

26 February 2018
3.17pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
10414sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Tomorrow I’m travelling thru London via the Underground.

I hate travelling thru London via the Underground.

Everyone looks so damn miserable and there is a horrendous feeling of claustrophobia having been shoved 4,000 leagues beneath the surface.  

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE taking the Underground. I love their logo.
underground-logo.png

I love tapping my Oyster card on the gate machine and walking through when the gate opens.

I love the colorful lines on Tube maps and working out which way I need to go. I like it when there is a tall escalator with the little advertisements on the wall. I like the lighted signs that tell you when the next train is arriving. I like the woosh when the train pulls into the station. I like the “Mind the gap” announcement. My hair is going very gray so people usually offer a seat to me a-hard-days-night-george-10. I like knowing I can get around the big city so quickly using the Underground.

I might grow to hate it if I lived in a city and had to take the Underground all the time, but as a tourist, I think I could take a day and just ride on it all day.

This goes for the metro systems in other cities too.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug
26 February 2018
3.21pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
10415sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Am I the only one who got a Penny Lane vibe from that description? a-hard-days-night-paul-7

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, QuarryMan

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

26 February 2018
5.43pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
10416sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
I might grow to hate it if I lived in a city and had to take the Underground all the time, but as a tourist, I think I could take a day and just ride on it all day. 

@Ahhh Girl that reminds me of a story my friend drew. It took place in a fictitious metropolis which is dominated by an enormous, archaic, inefficient, utterly labyrinthine railway system, and these two principal characters decided to go on an adventure in the rail system and were basically completely lost in the Endless Rails for several days.

Ahhh Girl, TheWalrusWasBrian

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

27 February 2018
4.33pm
TheWalrusWasBrian
fell off the roof AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2150
10417sp_Permalink sp_Print

I got an A on my science test today. I am quite proud of myself. a-hard-days-night-john-1

The following people thank TheWalrusWasBrian for this post:

Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog, Father McKenzie, Beatlebug

IMG_3978.PNG|badge1.png | I don’t know how to put it here. hello for the love of god hello 

~~~

The Concert for Bageldesh

~~~

Walrian here! Not Fiddy, or anyone else, actually.

27 February 2018
5.24pm
Father McKenzie
Liverpool England
Candlestick Park
Members
10418sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congrats @thewalruswasbrian paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

The following people thank Father McKenzie for this post:

TheWalrusWasBrian

28 February 2018
3.58am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
10419sp_Permalink sp_Print

School cancelled due to the ‘Beast from the East’ snow storm, which is nice. Unfortunately I’m set to have a terrible day as I’m not feeling very good and I have to get on with this school project I’m absolutely dreading having to do. paul-mccartneypaul-mccartney

28 February 2018
11.04am
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5777
10420sp_Permalink sp_Print

QuarryMan said
 Unfortunately I’m set to have a terrible day as I’m not feeling very good and I have to get on with this school project I’m absolutely dreading having to do. paul-mccartneypaul-mccartney  

That was me yesterday. I’m also very busy today with two different meetings to prepare for the same class, and then I have the actual class. 

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690