Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
25 January 2018
12.47pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
10361sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
I just got a jury duty summons. Yay, fun. NOT!  

Necko said

I’ve never had to do jury duty yet. I got the note saying that I was selected a few years ago, but I called in and they said that I only needed to go in if my last name started with A through M. My last name starts with O.

That’s it, AG – change your name to Ahhh O’Girl.

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Necko, Ahhh Girl, WeepingAtlasCedars, SgtPeppersBulldog

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

26 January 2018
4.34pm
TheOneBeatle
Here, There And Everywhere
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 678
10362sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Hole Got Fixed said

This thread might help you with songwriting, @TheOneBeatle. It’s helped me a fair bit, and I’m sure there are plenty of people on here who would love to help you!

Here’s hoping you fully recover from your op soon, too.apple01  

Thank you for your suggestion and wishes, The Hole Got Fixed! a-hard-days-night-john-6

Let me take you down 'cause I'm going to...Strawberry Fields.

27 January 2018
4.28am
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
10363sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m currently having my room decorated. Hoping to put up my Pink Floyd poster from my copy of DSotM and perhaps buy some Beatles and Beach Boys ones off Amazon when it’s done.

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

29 January 2018
4.53am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
10364sp_Permalink sp_Print

I go back to school after 8 weeks of school holidays tomorrow. Oh wella-hard-days-night-paul-7 It was a Beatley holiday, starting the holiday by seeing Sir Paul! Always a good holiday if that happens…

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

29 January 2018
10.14am
Marcelo
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 479
10365sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello everybody! Congratulations Joe for your book!
It’s been a long time since I post here, so I’ll do an update:

*I published my poetry book (in Spanish) 

* I also make an virtual EP: https://marcelokuroi.bandcamp……sciousness
It’s “number nine, number nine, number nine” stuff, so Dear sir or madam will you hear my EP, it took me a year to record, will you take a look?

*I’m also getting ready for my second Japan travel in September.

*I’m almost finishing Lewisohn’s Tune In and I found it awesome, I can’t stop reading.

See you all later!

PS: Last night I watched “A Hard Day’s Night ” again, What a great movie!

The following people thank Marcelo for this post:

Father McKenzie, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, Necko, SgtPeppersBulldog, Little Piggy Dragonguy, WeepingAtlasCedars

I'd like to say "thank you" on behalf of the group and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition.
John Lennon

5 February 2018
10.33am
Martha
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1277
10366sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey all you lovely people,

I’ve had an extremely busy time lately, with final exam preparation, filling in lots of applications, competitions, concerts, … Well, the usual stress. Anyway, after a couple of sleep-deprived weeks, I think, I found a way to manage my time so that I’ll have some spare minutes to be on this forum and chat with my favourite Beatlemaniacs each day again. I must say I really missed you all a lot.heart

And many apologies to those of you, who were worried because of the unfortunate timing of my absence, it had really nothing to do with the relationship to my parents or related problems and in retrospective, I should have said that as some of you seemed to think just that. Many apologies again, to those concerned and I’ll try my best to answer your PMs in person asap.

But for now, I’m just happy to be back and not have missed the voting deadline of the Canon poll. 😉 

The following people thank Martha for this post:

Ahhh Girl, QuarryMan, Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, AppleScruffJunior, WeepingAtlasCedars

Not once does the diversity seem forced -- the genius of the record is how the vaudevillian "When I'm 64" seems like a logical extension of "Within You Without You" and how it provides a gateway to the chiming guitars of "Lovely Rita. - Stephen T. Erlewine on Sgt Pepper's

5 February 2018
11.01am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3752
10367sp_Permalink sp_Print

Life seems to be plodding on as normal for me. A couple of my friends who have been on a school trip are returning tomorrow, so I’m very excited for that. Other than that I’m busy making a Spotify playlist for the ultimate Beatles marathon, which I’m planning to do at some point next week.

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

“While I will admit to a certain cynicism, the fact is that I’m a naysayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I’ll gladly take another - because I choose to live my life in the company of Ghandi and King. My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love. I love you, Sheriff Truman.”

5 February 2018
12.00pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
10368sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a week off work, again – I had a lot of annual leave stored which runs out at the end of March. Am spending it cleaning my house and that’s about it. Will go out whenever but no desire to see or meet with anyone, in a good, healthy way.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

SpecialCup

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

5 February 2018
1.47pm
Father McKenzie
Liverpool England
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1544
10369sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve been to the opticians today for a routine eye test, and am going to be getting some new specs in the next few weeks. That’s about as exciting as it gets for me at the moment blue-meanie

Still writing the words to the sermon that no one will hear......

5 February 2018
2.41pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
10370sp_Permalink sp_Print

Why not get a pair of John’s ‘granny glasses’? john-lennon-salute_gif

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

Father McKenzie, Beatlebug, BeatleSnut, WeepingAtlasCedars

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

5 February 2018
3.08pm
Father McKenzie
Liverpool England
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1544
10371sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Sgt-Peppers-Bulldog: hmmm, tempting. Maybe I will a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank Father McKenzie for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog

Still writing the words to the sermon that no one will hear......

6 February 2018
11.11pm
The Hippie Chick
Counting the holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1387
10372sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just got back home from seeing RAIN. Every time, these guys just blow it out of the water. Such a great show. This time out was a special treat because at the point of the show after intermission when they come out in the Sgt. Pepper gear, they performed the entire album. It was great. There were some fantastic graphics on the screens behind them. Practically an entire mini movie during “She’s Leaving Home “. 

The guys sounded great. We had Steve Landes as John yet again and I always like him. Paul Curatolo was Paul and I really enjoyed him. He had McCartney’s  little mannerisms and facial expressions nailed. Alastar McNeil was George. He really impressed me with “While My Guitar Gently Weeps ” and “Within You Without You “. Aaron Chiazza was Ringo and he was adorable. Sounded great doing “With A Little Help From My Friends “!

If you get an opportunity, I highly recommend seeing this show. They take you all the way through the group’s “Beatlemania” days upon landing in America for the first time all the way through to the break up.

Other highlights from tonight besides hearing Sgt. Pepper performed beautifully in its entirety:

Yesterday ” Paul C. sounds WONDERFUL doing this number. I also love him during “Got To Get You Into My Life “.

Revolution ” had the entire place going bananas.

Singing along with “Hey Jude “.

The following people thank The Hippie Chick for this post:

Beatlebug, Father McKenzie, TheWalrusWasBrian, Ahhh Girl, QuarryMan, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

“She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.”  - J.D. Salinger

7 February 2018
7.56am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
10373sp_Permalink sp_Print

Had a 90-minute fight with iTunes as it decided to refuse to acknowledge my iPod. Turns out I had to reset the Apple driver.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Father McKenzie, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

12 February 2018
11.21am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
10374sp_Permalink sp_Print

The revised draft of my English paper was due yesterday. I’ve had it finished for a week, but wouldn’t you know it, at the last minute I COMPLETELY FORGOT TO SUBMIT THE PAPER. I remembered this morning and felt a great fool. paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif a-hard-days-night-ringo-14 paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif a-hard-days-night-ringo-14 paul-mccartney-thumb_gif a-hard-days-night-ringo-14 paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

I probably would’ve remembered had I not gone out dancing last night… which was so terribly fun, I think it may have been worth it… ahdn_george_06 but I still shouldn’t have forgotten. Completely stupid mistake. paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif I can only hope my professor takes pity on me, but I’m not counting on it a-hard-days-night-paul-7

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

QuarryMan, Heath, SgtPeppersBulldog, sigh butterfly, Father McKenzie, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

12 February 2018
12.24pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
10375sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve done that before. As long as you submit the rest of the stuff you’ll be fine.

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Beatlebug, sigh butterfly, WeepingAtlasCedars

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

12 February 2018
3.15pm
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
10376sp_Permalink sp_Print

Last week I completed the final big project of my career. Although I’m ready for retirement and have lots of things planned, I still feel a bit of trepidation. I’m sure I’ll be able to shake that off soon. In the meantime over the last year I’ve been keeping a few notes about forum items to post or respond to. Forgive me if I revive a subject that has already been long forgotten john-lennon-salute_gif

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

Father McKenzie, Ahhh Girl, sir walter raleigh, The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog, Necko, Little Piggy Dragonguy, WeepingAtlasCedars

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

12 February 2018
3.24pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
10377sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was chosen for a jury. The judge said the trial should be short…like over tomorrow.

12 February 2018
3.39pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
10378sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, that doesn’t sound too onorous, Ahhh Girl…

We were all hoping for a six-month jury sequestration with no internet access… a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Beatlebug, Little Piggy Dragonguy

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

12 February 2018
3.58pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5777
10379sp_Permalink sp_Print

sigh butterfly said
Last week I completed the final big project of my career. Although I’m ready for retirement and have lots of things planned, I still feel a bit of trepidation. I’m sure I’ll be able to shake that off soon. In the meantime over the last year I’ve been keeping a few notes about forum items to post or respond to. Forgive me if I revive a subject that has already been long forgotten john-lennon-salute_gif  

Congrats!

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

12 February 2018
5.09pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
10380sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
Well, that doesn’t sound too onorous, Ahhh Girl…

We were all hoping for a six-month jury sequestration with no internet access… a-hard-days-night-george-10

a-hard-days-night-paul-11

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690