Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
21 December 2017
5.38pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
10221sp_Permalink sp_Print

Don’t let it get to you @Martha having remorse can become a bad thing if you’re so upset about it but it appears to me as if you’re doing better.

Don’t worry about what your parents want from you, what you want to do after you graduate high school is your choice since your parents have no authority over you after you turn 18 and even as a minor your parents don’t have full control over you. I’m sure your parents want what they think is the best from you but you disagree with what they think is the best and that’s ok.

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

Martha

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

21 December 2017
5.49pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
10222sp_Permalink sp_Print

My goodness, that’s awful to hear, @Martha. I hope that things calm down in your family soon, and you can ultimately do what you want with your next chapter in life. Hopefully your family can reach a compromise, preferably before Monday…heartheart

If there’s anything that you want, if there’s anything I can do… Just call on me, And I’ll send it along, with love, From Me To You .

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Martha

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

21 December 2017
6.07pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
10223sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sorry to hear such terrible things happening in your life ATM @Martha. Here’s hoping things will improve. apple01heart

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

Martha

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

21 December 2017
8.18pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
10224sp_Permalink sp_Print

(I said this already but) I’m terribly sorry to hear that @Martha. I don’t know what your situation is like, but I hope you can get it sorted for the season of peace-n-luv. apple01apple02heart

As for that devious someone, well, that sucks but they obviously don’t deserve your company or goodwill. You can very triumphantly dedicate ‘And Your Bird Can Sing ‘ to them instead.

Tell me that you’ve got everything you want
And your bird can sing
But you don’t get me
You don’t get
meeeeeeeeeeeee!

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Martha

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

21 December 2017
10.24pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
10225sp_Permalink sp_Print

That lowlife scum can’t handle your awesomeness. We love you, @Martha.

I don’t know what to say about the parent thing. Ahhh Mom warned me not become a teacher. I didn’t listen to her, and I barely lasted 5 years (the most of the miserable years of my life) in the profession. However, I still think the degree has helped me be a better librarian when I teach research skills classes. So, it is hard for me to say the degree and the years spent teaching elementary school were useless, but I still wonder sometimes how my life would have been different if I had listened to my mom.

If you want to PM me with more details, I’d be glad to give you thoughts on how to compromise with your parents.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Martha, Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog
22 December 2017
12.56am
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
10226sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Martha 

You did not ruin Christmas!

You did not ruin your brother’s birthday!

Please do not blame yourself for these trying times. Accept that they are happening and work towards improving them. Convincing your parents of things is an uphill battle, but in the end all of this emotion and sadness originates from a place of deep and passionate love for one another. 

Just remember: Time Takes Time

Weird advice from Ringo but it Rings (get it?) very true here. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

22 December 2017
1.57am
sir walter raleigh
Apple rooftop
Members
10227sp_Permalink sp_Print

As for my life, I have been busy with music rehearsals for the Christmas season, despite being out of town for months and months I somehow come back to 4 commitments in music. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

22 December 2017
11.20am
Martha
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1277
10228sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you so, so much for your encouragement and help everyone! I love you all, you’re just wonderful people!heartheartheart

That’s a huge coincidence, but my parents don’t want me to become a teacher either @Ahhh Girl! They want me to become a mathematician and even though I really love maths, I love music even more and I also want to work with people and be able to help them in their lives. So I thought I could become a maths and music teacher. (My students would ALL learn about the Beatles, of course! john-lennon-salute_gif)  I’m sorry to hear you had to go through this, AG, but it’s great that you have found a job you are really passionate about in the end! 

Anyway, after pulling myself together in some meditation, I had a long talk with my mother and this is something really special for me as we don’t normally talk too much. I really tried to be calm and don’t let the hostile atmosphere get to me and, lo and behold, she suddenly opened up to me and explained that they were just worried I could end up only studying music, become a musician, and end up with no job because I’m not good enough. Therefore, we agreed that I’ll start studying maths, do an internship in a school at the same time, and then take music as a second subject if I still want to stick to my plans. That’s such an easy solution, I can’t believe we didn’t come up with this earlier but I guess we were just all emotionally worn out because of other family business, oh well.

New Year’s resolutions: Before making emotionally rushed decisions and disturbing everyone, first meditate, listen to Hey Jude , and make it better!a-hard-days-night-paul-10 Sorry, I bothered you with this.paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

I know I’ve said this already, but thank you all so much again, you’re just awesome! Peace and Love for everyone!

And all the best, for everyone who has commitments on Christmas, have fun!

And, by the way: My ticket for seeing Ringo has arrived. I’m really going to see him!!beatlemaniacs_02_gif *makes a perfect imitation of a sixties-hardcore-screaming-Beatlemaniac*

The following people thank Martha for this post:

QuarryMan, Ahhh Girl, sir walter raleigh, The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog

Not once does the diversity seem forced -- the genius of the record is how the vaudevillian "When I'm 64" seems like a logical extension of "Within You Without You" and how it provides a gateway to the chiming guitars of "Lovely Rita. - Stephen T. Erlewine on Sgt Pepper's

22 December 2017
11.57am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3761
10229sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hope you’re alright, @Martha ! 

I just had a busy day at work, and am now packing to go skiing over Christmas! I’m excited, but am not looking forward to leaving home. Thankfully I’m soon coming back and going to a friend’s house for New Year’s Eve (which may end up being the first NY I’ll not hate). 

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

Martha

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

22 December 2017
12.47pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
10230sp_Permalink sp_Print

You aren’t bothering us to tell us your struggles, @Martha. We are all here for each other. heart

Ahhh Mom had been a teacher, and she knew what she knew what she was talking about when she tried to steer me another direction. She knew me better than I knew me at the time. Stubborn me didn’t listen.

Anyhoo, in the long run, my life circumstances led me to The Beatles and to you all so it is all good.

I am so glad you and your mom talked and came to a logical, sensible solution. What a wonderful Christmas present you all can share. That shows lots of maturity on your part. Well done. And, Happy Birthday to your brother.

Skiing? I’d be snuggled up by the fire in the lodge with a Beatles book and some hot chocolate. Have fun and be safe, @QuarryMan.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

QuarryMan, Beatlebug, Martha
22 December 2017
3.18pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
10231sp_Permalink sp_Print

That is wonderful news @Martha! I hope that any tensions in your family are now gone. 

And as AG said – you certainly didn’t bother us with this!heart

And I guess it’s true that every story has s happy ending…a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Martha

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

22 December 2017
4.45pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5012
10232sp_Permalink sp_Print

Had surgery this morning. It’s funny how you’re in the surgery room and the anesthesia hits and next thing you’re in recovery. 

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

22 December 2017
5.21pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
10233sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ I hope you recover quickly.

22 December 2017
8.22pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5012
10234sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was in the recovery room for 15 minutes. I woke up and started asking the nurse what her name was, if she had kids, and if she had seen the new Star Wars. Then they gave me my clothes to put back on, and I don’t think they expected me to be able to do it. I still felt somewhat groggy from the anesthesia, but apparently everyone else who just had surgery was acting like zombies. 

I’ve taken a little bit of codeine, but honestly I think I could probably handle the pain without it. It’s not that bad.

The following people thank Expert Textpert for this post:

Beatlebug

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

23 December 2017
4.21am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
10235sp_Permalink sp_Print

Expert Textpert said
I was in the recovery room for 15 minutes. I woke up and started asking the nurse what her name was, if she had kids, and if she had seen the new Star Wars. Then they gave me my clothes to put back on, and I don’t think they expected me to be able to do it. I still felt somewhat groggy from the anesthesia, but apparently everyone else who just had surgery was acting like zombies. 

I’ve taken a little bit of codeine, but honestly I think I could probably handle the pain without it. It’s not that bad.  

Well done on not proposing or doing anything else silly. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?…..JSBxxdUdHs

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Expert Textpert

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

23 December 2017
5.13am
Shamrock Womlbs
Waiting for the van to come
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3971
10236sp_Permalink sp_Print

Starr Shine? said
I did warn you.  

Love it. And the lyrics are awesome as well.

"I Need You by George Harrison"

23 December 2017
1.01pm
sir walter raleigh
Apple rooftop
Members
10237sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve started to pay more attention to cosmetics, and have found a small boost in confidence throughout the day. 

23 December 2017
4.01pm
Leppo
London
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 657
10238sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was in a supermarket in Hatch End, Middlesex today and my wife got a call from her mum to say that she was just a few minutes away from us house sitting in a large house and did we want to come and visit. We went around and as we got near I realised this was Clonard Way and that Mark Lewisohn had mentioned it in Tune In as where John, Stu and George had probably visited Royston Ellis all the way from Liverpool in their pre fame years. I knew it probably wasn’t the exact house but I still thought as I looked around it just might be. It sounds a bit lame I know but I still found the idea exciting. When I got home I checked Tune In and ….no it wasn’t the same house but very close. It’s a very well off neighbourhood though and the houses are massive (for UK standards).

The following people thank Leppo for this post:

Ms. Lane, SgtPeppersBulldog, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

Pivotal Moments in Beatles History No.118:  Yoko helps herself to one of George's digestives. 

23 December 2017
7.31pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
10239sp_Permalink sp_Print

What a cool experience, @Leppo.

The houses around that area are nice http://www.rightmove.co.uk/hou…..d-Way.html

24 December 2017
3.55am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3761
10240sp_Permalink sp_Print

If I don’t make it on tomorrow, I’d like to wish everybody on the forum a very merry Christmas, and thank you for making my time so far here so much fun.  hearta-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: meanmistermustard, Old Soak
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694