Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
18 July 2017
4.11pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
9441sp_Permalink sp_Print

SATB = Something About The Beatles???? Like the radio show??? Just kidding. a-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

QuarryMan
18 July 2017
6.15pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3752
9442sp_Permalink sp_Print

Haha I wish! Imagine doing the Because or This Boy harmonies with a full choir..

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

sir walter raleigh, never wears a mac, Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

“While I will admit to a certain cynicism, the fact is that I’m a naysayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I’ll gladly take another - because I choose to live my life in the company of Ghandi and King. My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love. I love you, Sheriff Truman.”

19 July 2017
3.51am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
9443sp_Permalink sp_Print

Work experience log – Day 2

So I met at the City Town Hall for the mass choir rehearsal! I was on registration for a while, so I had to deal with 50 odd teachers. Once all the schools arrived, I proofread another thing, then did some odd-jobs before helping organise the buses to get everyone out.

Beatley moments:

-The musical director was going through 850 songs for next year’s show. When I looked over, he was listening to Beatles LOVE.

-The mass choir warmed up with My Bonnie

Hopefully I’ll strike up a conversation about the Beatles tomorrow!

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Martha, Ahhh Girl, Dark Overlord, never wears a mac, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

19 July 2017
7.21am
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
9444sp_Permalink sp_Print

Okay, @sir walter raleigh, I was mid informed. We are seeing all 3 Shakespeare plays. The other one is As You Like It, which we saw last night. Tonight and tomorrow night we are seeing Midsummer’s Night Dream and Romeo And Juliet respectively. Then we were just seeing Guys and Dolls tomorrow afternoon, but now we’re also seeing Treasure Island as well this afternoon.

The following people thank William Shears Campbell for this post:

sir walter raleigh, Beatlebug

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

19 July 2017
7.42pm
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3025
9445sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am a birthday today but I have to go see my doctor first and then I will come home and have cake and play computer games and drool at guitars online.

The following people thank ewe2 for this post:

sir walter raleigh, Mr. Kite, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

19 July 2017
7.56pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
9446sp_Permalink sp_Print

ewe2 said
I am a birthday today but I have to go see my doctor first and then I will come home and have cake and play computer games and drool at guitars online.  

You say it’s your Birthday ? Happy birthday to you!

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

ewe2
19 July 2017
11.14pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
9447sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, if it’s your special day:

Happy b-b-b-birthday ewe2!

ewe2

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

19 July 2017
11.50pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
9448sp_Permalink sp_Print

Happy Birthday , me on weekends. 

The following people thank Necko for this post:

ewe2, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

20 July 2017
12.09am
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
9449sp_Permalink sp_Print

I had some mudcake and coffee, it was good.

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

20 July 2017
12.28am
Martha
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1277
9450sp_Permalink sp_Print

Happy Birthday , ewe2! Let your cat give you an extra cuddle on your special day!a-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank Martha for this post:

ewe2

Not once does the diversity seem forced -- the genius of the record is how the vaudevillian "When I'm 64" seems like a logical extension of "Within You Without You" and how it provides a gateway to the chiming guitars of "Lovely Rita. - Stephen T. Erlewine on Sgt Pepper's

20 July 2017
1.26am
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
9451sp_Permalink sp_Print

Martha said
Happy Birthday , ewe2! Let your cat give you an extra cuddle on your special day!a-hard-days-night-john-6  

It doesn’t seem to be working, he’s getting lots more cuddles from me!

The following people thank ewe2 for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Martha, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

aus-flag-v-small.png

20 July 2017
5.05am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
9452sp_Permalink sp_Print

Work experience log – Day 3

The train network today was completely cactus. All because a car had broken down on a level crossing. 

Anyway, aside from that:

I did lots of scheduling, which requires quadruple-checking, apparently. A good majority of the team went to a pub for lunch, but I was one of three who stayed back. Just 135 minutes into their 45 minute lunch break, they arrived back from the pub…

Beatley moment:

I picked up all of my courage and asked the chief if there are any Beatles songs next year. He said ‘Well, I’ve copied the entire Sgt. Pepper ‘s album, plus and additional half dozen extra songs into the folder for consideration. I’ve been campaigning for A Day In The Life for the last four years!’ I quickly said that ADITL would be a great idea, for some floor projections and for the orchestra… That means there’s at least a 90% chance of a Beatles song next year!!!

I wonder if tomorrow can also provide a Beatley moment… It’d be too good to be true!

Martha, Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog, ewe2, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

aus-flag-v-small.png

20 July 2017
5.29am
Martha
Candlestick Park
Members
9453sp_Permalink sp_Print

May I ask you, which job you’re trying out? Sorry, it’s probably apparent but I’m a bit confused by the various different tasks you have to do. Anyway, good job on influencing the chief on the ADITL decision!paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

Tonight, I’ll play a concert in the state’s parliament in an ensemble and as a soloist. I’m so incredibly nervous, it’s unreal. The funny thing is that I have to count one piece in and I keep forgetting the tempo so I sing ‘Here Comes The Sun ‘ now in my head before I count in to get the right tempo.

Not once does the diversity seem forced -- the genius of the record is how the vaudevillian "When I'm 64" seems like a logical extension of "Within You Without You" and how it provides a gateway to the chiming guitars of "Lovely Rita. - Stephen T. Erlewine on Sgt Pepper's

20 July 2017
5.50am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
9454sp_Permalink sp_Print

Martha said
May I ask you, which job you’re trying out? Sorry, it’s probably apparent but I’m a bit confused by the various different tasks you have to do. Anyway, good job on influencing the chief on the ADITL decision!paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

So, it’s a long story. I play in the Victorian State Schools Spectacular orchestra (which makes me the third best french horn player in a non-private school in Victoria), and it’s EPIC FUN! I asked them if I could get a work experience job for behind the scenes, as I’m also interested in that aspect, and they said yes!beatlemaniacs_02_gif

Hopefully I convinced him….

Tonight, I’ll play a concert in the state’s parliament in an ensemble and as a soloist. I’m so incredibly nervous, it’s unreal. The funny thing is that I have to count one piece in and I keep forgetting the tempo so I sing ‘Here Comes The Sun ‘ now in my head before I count in to get the right tempo.  

That’s awesome! I presume the song’s tempo is about 130BPM? a-hard-days-night-john-6

Ahhh Girl, Martha, ewe2, Beatlebug

aus-flag-v-small.png

20 July 2017
8.25am
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157

Happy birthday, @ewe2! apple01heart Hope I’m not too late a-hard-days-night-paul-8

Also, anybody digging the new GIFs? They do cover up the ‘thanks’ a bit, but I can still make out who’s thanked anyways.

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

Martha, ewe2, WeepingAtlasCedars

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

20 July 2017
9.12am
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
9456sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wait , yesterday was ewe2’s birthday, i thought Merch was the only one who had a birthday yesterday.

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

20 July 2017
3.13pm
Martha
Candlestick Park
Members
9457sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Hole Got Fixed said

So, it’s a long story. I play in the Victorian State Schools Spectacular orchestra (which makes me the third best french horn player in a non-private school in Victoria), and it’s EPIC FUN! I asked them if I could get a work experience job for behind the scenes, as I’m also interested in that aspect, and they said yes!beatlemaniacs_02_gifHopefully I convinced him….

That’s awesome! I presume the song’s tempo is about 130BPM? a-hard-days-night-john-6

Thanks, that sounds like a super cool job, really! 

Oh, yeah and in some miraculous way, you’re spot on with your estimation regarding the tempo, third best French horn player of all of Victoria’s non-private schools!a-hard-days-night-george-10

(The concert went well by the way!)

SgtPeppersBulldog said
Also, anybody digging the new GIFs? They do cover up the ‘thanks’ a bit, but I can still make out who’s thanked anyways.  

Yep, me! They’re awesome, especially Paul’s is super cute!beatlemaniacs_02_gif Is that, fitting to your signature, from the recording session of Hey Bulldog

The following people thank Martha for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

20 July 2017
5.03pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
9458sp_Permalink sp_Print

Exactly what I was going for. a-hard-days-night-george-10 I don’t know how to make them smaller so they don’t take up the whole signature box, but I really wanted to use them! 

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

Martha

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

20 July 2017
5.35pm
Martha
Candlestick Park
Members
9459sp_Permalink sp_Print

ezgif.com-resize-1.gif

ezgif.com-resize-2.gif
ezgif.com-resize-3.gif
ezgif.com-resize-4.gif

^^Here they are a little bit smaller, is this of any use? You can also use this site, it’s fairly easy to adjust the size of any gif with it.

20 July 2017
5.51pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

@SgtPeppersBulldog 

Hey-Bulldog-John.gif

Hey-Bulldog-Paul.gif
Hey-Bulldog-George.gif
Hey-Bulldog-Ringo.gif

http://gifgifs.com/optimizer/

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2857
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690