Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
10 July 2017
5.28pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
9361sp_Permalink sp_Print

^I don’t know what a Guitar Center is because we don’t have them here. Is it a music shop? Do they display famous guitars or something? It’s pretty cool that they let you play instruments without buying them. In Ireland, you’d be shown the door after 2 minutes if you went in just to fiddle with the guitars without intending to buy them. 

Are they large shops generally or quite closed off? Is there a special area for you to test guitars out (sound proof booths or whatever) or do you just play them out loud in the shop?

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

10 July 2017
5.46pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
9362sp_Permalink sp_Print

Guitar Center is an American music shop specializing in guitars.

[Image Can Not Be Found]

They don’t have a problem with you just going in there to play without buying anything. Hell, one time i played like 20 Beatles songs in the acoustic room and didn’t buy a thing, it doesn’t bother them. As far as where you play, you just play out in the open pretty much, there are special rooms for acoustic guitars, basses, drums, and keys, but if you want to use an electric guitar, just get a guitar, get a pick, and play, whether it be Tie Your Mother Down, Come Together , Smoke On The Water, or just some improvisational soloing.

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

10 July 2017
7.42pm
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3025
9363sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^< said
My cat died yesterday.   

*hugs* there’s not a lot i can say except don’t be afraid to get another kitty in time. Your kitty would want that, I’m sure.

The following people thank ewe2 for this post:

Beatlebug

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

10 July 2017
10.57pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
9364sp_Permalink sp_Print

Martha said
I can feel with you MeltyC, everything above 30 C is cruel! (Don’t let any southern hemisphere inhabitant tell you something different, they don’t know what – 20 C feel like a-hard-days-night-george-10a-hard-days-night-paul-11 *says someone who freezes at 18 C and has never experienced anything below -10 Cpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gif*)

Isn’t that the truth! Back in December there was one day where it felt like -30C with the windchill. a-hard-days-night-ringo-11

When it gets ‘hot’ over here I love to go into the woods because it’s nice and cool in there and woods are beautiful in general. Maybe you would enjoy that too? Otherwise, I can only recommend living up to your name and eating a melting ice cream.a-hard-days-night-john-6

I think going into the woods would be lovely, but I’ve seen more field that forest here. ahdn_paul_01 I have, however, been enjoying a nice amount of cold treats. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

sir walter raleigh said
MeltyC, I wouldn’t complain too much. Some summers in cranks up past 100 F down here.  Its been pretty rainy so lately its been less hot than humid.   

Well, that’s because you live in an area that gets much warmer. You’re used to it, and I’m not. If if ever gets to 30C here, it’s usually for one or two days. Right now it’s going on for more than a week.

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

Martha, Beatlebug

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

11 July 2017
12.49pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members

It’s the 12th of July- which as all of the Brits and Irish members know is……Orange Marches blue-meanie

I love these celebrations burning Irish flags, (and EU flags of course, sometimes Ivory Coast flags which, to be honest is very funny) in massive bonfires. Truly great people and I am so happy they are allowed to celebrate their cultural beliefs THAT ARE IN NO WAY HATE CRIMES, YA HEAR?!?!? a-hard-days-night-paul-11. Also, some great racism against black players for Celtic, which is you know, always great to see in 2017. 

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

(Apologies for the vulgar language on the signs).

Yeesh, and there’ll be RSF supporters throwing their weight as well, in a day where the clean-up troops across Northern Ireland get great practice. 

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

never wears a mac, SgtPeppersBulldog

11 July 2017
1.44pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5777
9366sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dark Overlord said
Guitar Center is an American music shop specializing in guitars.

[Image Can Not Be Found]

They don’t have a problem with you just going in there to play without buying anything. Hell, one time i played like 20 Beatles songs in the acoustic room and didn’t buy a thing, it doesn’t bother them. As far as where you play, you just play out in the open pretty much, there are special rooms for acoustic guitars, basses, drums, and keys, but if you want to use an electric guitar, just get a guitar, get a pick, and play, whether it be Tie Your Mother Down, Come Together , Smoke On The Water, or just some improvisational soloing.  

Smoke On The Water was actually banned from being played in Guitar Center, but it is rarely enforced. 

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

11 July 2017
6.04pm
sir walter raleigh
Apple rooftop
Members

Great week of concerts for me. James Taylor tonight, and Paul on Thursday. 

Edit: Bonnie Raitt is the opener, and I know @SgtPeppersBulldog will be excited to hear that Ricky Fataar played drums for her. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug

13 July 2017
6.14am
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157

I have no idea why I didn’t feel like coming onto the forum that much yesterday. a-hard-days-night-paul-8Today, I’m bunking off the school Sports Day because it’s boring as hell, they’ve made it compulsory to do something (I remember when you could just watch!)  and I imagine most people in my team will be whiny uptight *insert rude word* if I make one wrong move (which is bound to happen). a-hard-days-night-paul-3 I’m probably going to do some revision later to make up for not being at school. I have a final mini mock exam tomorrow, so I’m going in for that.

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

13 July 2017
7.43am
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5011
9369sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
^I don’t know what a Guitar Center is because we don’t have them here. Is it a music shop? Do they display famous guitars or something? It’s pretty cool that they let you play instruments without buying them. In Ireland, you’d be shown the door after 2 minutes if you went in just to fiddle with the guitars without intending to buy them. 

Are they large shops generally or quite closed off? Is there a special area for you to test guitars out (sound proof booths or whatever) or do you just play them out loud in the shop?  

Guitar Centers are sexist places where guys mansplain and condescend to female customers and self absorbed teenage boys play Stairway to Heaven.

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

13 July 2017
9.31am
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
9370sp_Permalink sp_Print

Have you ever been to a Guitar Center @Expert Textpert because your description of it is nothing like what it actually is. First of all, there is no sexism going on, in fact there’s a female employee at the one near me. Second of all, when I see a male employee interacting with a female customer, I don’t notice anything weird, they act the same way to customers regardless of gender. Finally, you hear a variety of songs, I put it to myself to play Beatles songs, so you might hear some Helter Skelter or maybe if I grab a Fender Stratocaster I might go over to the Fender Twin Reverb and play Nowhere Man , I rarely hear Stairway To Heaven in Guitar Center.

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

Beatlebug

13 July 2017
11.09am
sir walter raleigh
Apple rooftop
Members
9371sp_Permalink sp_Print

There are lots of very helpful employees, including Kris, who helped me buy my new keyboard and was very helpful with everything, making sure I had all of the materials that I needed. We also had a good long talk about Grateful Dead. 

Dark Overlord, Beatlebug

13 July 2017
11.52am
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
9372sp_Permalink sp_Print

I thought ET was joking.

The following people thank William Shears Campbell for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

13 July 2017
12.12pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
9373sp_Permalink sp_Print

Expert Textpert said

Guitar Centers are sexist places where guys mansplain and condescend to female customers and self absorbed teenage boys play Stairway to Heaven.  

What’s “mansplain”?

There is no Guitar Centre in Scotland – that I know of. 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

13 July 2017
12.20pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
9374sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

What’s “mansplain”?

There is no Guitar Centre in Scotland – that I know of.   

A man explaining something to a woman when she knows more about than he does. It happens quite a lot particularly relating to vehicles, sciences, and maths.

A good example from the internet:

“I have a degree in biochemistry and I invented/published a new method for measuring lifespan in these cells I work with. While setting up to run a tutorial session on how to do it, one of the male students started to “correct me” and explain how to use the method.

Which I invented.

And was literally there to teach him”.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

13 July 2017
1.16pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3759
9375sp_Permalink sp_Print

God I hate the term ‘mansplaining’. I, too, dislike it when people are condescending, but tieing that trait (which obviously won’t apply to all men and will apply to many women as well) to one specific gender is equally sexist. Why not just invent a word for it that applies to everyone (how about condesplaining?) instead of needlessly linking sexism to unrelated issues? 

And if male guitar centre employees are bothering you, @Expert Textpert , then say that you don’t need their help and then launch into Eruption or something. Complaining about stereotypes does nothing in comparison to actively defying them, since actions speak louder than words. 

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

sir walter raleigh, Dark Overlord, Martha, Ahhh Girl, The Hole Got Fixed, William Shears Campbell, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, Necko, BeatleSnut

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

13 July 2017
1.42pm
sir walter raleigh
Apple rooftop
Members
9376sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think mansplaining exists, but it certainly can’t be applied every time a man explains something to a woman. The same goes for women explaining things to men. No matter what the gender, if somebody explains something to me that I already know i’ll typically try to add something else when I respond to continue the conversation, rather than get stopped up and offended that they thought I didn’t know about what is being discussed. You can’t assume everybody knows everything, and sometimes honest mistakes are mislabeled as sexism. 

The Hole Got Fixed, QuarryMan

13 July 2017
2.06pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
9377sp_Permalink sp_Print

Maybe @Expert Textpert had a bad experience at Guitar Center and never went to another one again.

Anyways, i found a hard drive that could have an operating system saved to it so i put Ubuntu on it and downloaded Chrome and then deleted Firefox.

13 July 2017
5.16pm
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
9378sp_Permalink sp_Print

I still think ET was joking, but I suppose we’ll find out when he returns.

I agree with QM. I hate how modern feminism tries to turn everything into a sexist issue. I don’t think it’s right for a man to talk down to a woman just as much as I think its wrong for a woman to talk down to a man, or any combination of the two. We should all just try to get along and respect one another. Nobody wants to be talked down to.

Anyway in the world of Billy Shears, I hear a few of you have/will be seeing him in concert.

Oh yeah, and there’s only 20 more days till I report to the MTC.

The following people thank William Shears Campbell for this post:

Dark Overlord, SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, QuarryMan, BeatleSnut

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

13 July 2017
5.46pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
9379sp_Permalink sp_Print

I hope this conversation didn’t move Expert Texpert away from this forum, even though it pisses me off that he would call Guitar Center a sexist place.

13 July 2017
5.57pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
9380sp_Permalink sp_Print

William Shears Campbell said

Oh yeah, and there’s only 20 more days till I report to the MTC.  

Treasure these few days that we’ve together

Keep all the forumpudlians love forever,

P.S. WE LOVE YOU, @William Shears Campbell! apple01heart

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

Starr Shine?, The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, WeepingAtlasCedars, Martha

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691