Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
18 April 2017
10.21am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I’m very tired, I’m studying all this week. Next week I have 3 exams (Statistics, French and German), the following week I have 2 (Accounting-ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww and Macroeconomics, and the week after that I have 2 (Information Management Systems and Marketing). 

I’m sound for all of them bar accounting which I’m worried about because I tend to know my things but fuck up early at the beginning of my answers and so lose marks all the way through my solutions.

But so long as I pass them it doesn’t matter because I can drop them in 2nd semester of 2nd year ahdn_paul_01

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

18 April 2017
1.28pm
Martha
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1277
8682sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good luck with your job interview @Necko apple01I will keep my fingers crossed on Friday 9 PM in my time zone!

@AppleScruffJunior good luck as well for your exams!apple01 Sounds like a really hard combination: languages, mathematics and management…

The following people thank Martha for this post:

AppleScruffJunior, Necko

Not once does the diversity seem forced -- the genius of the record is how the vaudevillian "When I'm 64" seems like a logical extension of "Within You Without You" and how it provides a gateway to the chiming guitars of "Lovely Rita. - Stephen T. Erlewine on Sgt Pepper's

18 April 2017
4.27pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
8683sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good luck Necko and ASJ! 

Also, if I stuff up an answer early, I get marks for working the rest out correctly even if it’s all wrong. 

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

AppleScruffJunior, Necko

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

21 April 2017
6.23am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
8684sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have my summer job secured, and I got €7 tax-back from my last job. 

Fock yeah! 

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog, sir walter raleigh, WeepingAtlasCedars, Martha, meanmistermustard

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

23 April 2017
11.02pm
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
8685sp_Permalink sp_Print

This last week has been extremely busy. I had a ton of English homework as well as a Government project and it caused me to stay up past 12 every night. I was able to finish my work though, and on Saturday I went to go help out with my friend’s eagle scout project, and then go to prom number one. Then today I was super tired, I had to give a talk in church today which I was made aware of on Thursday, so I didn’t have much time to prepare, but it ended up going pretty good. Then I finally got my interview with the bishop for my mission, as well as my interview with the stake president only 3 and a half hours later, so I should be getting my call on like May 4th or 5th.

The following people thank William Shears Campbell for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars, sir walter raleigh, The Hole Got Fixed, Martha, SgtPeppersBulldog

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

23 April 2017
11.56pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5777
8686sp_Permalink sp_Print

@William Shears Campbell do let us know how it goes with the mission. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, William Shears Campbell, WeepingAtlasCedars

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

24 April 2017
5.04am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
8687sp_Permalink sp_Print

Last night I was stuck at work with nothing to do all evening. Was one of my nightmares as, as I truthfully say to everyone, I hate small talk (I simply cannot do it, would far rather sit in the quiet as it is exhausting) so come across as impolite and boring when in these situations. If ever in such a predicament I usually get the hell out within minutes and go and do anything else. Ask a favour, need something done, no problem, I’ll help out and do whatever and all I can. I’ll go anywhere, do anything, just don’t expect a conversation that is solely to fill time and space.

Being a socially anxious introvert is bloody hard.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Martha, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

24 April 2017
5.36am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
8688sp_Permalink sp_Print

Boy can I relate to that… I can hardly get past the ‘Hello! How are you?’ bit. After that is too awkward.

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

24 April 2017
5.47am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198

Ohhh Boy and Ahhh Mom are at Bletchley Park now. I went there in October so I wanted to go somewhere different. I am on the train to Windsor Castle.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

24 April 2017
6.47am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
8690sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bag sitting in the hall. Heading into town (London) and booking into a hotel to spend a couple of days with AG, OB and AM. Meeting up with them for dinner this evening. Nerves are very much in place.

Plan to spend the time at my hotel (we’re staying different places) working my way toward completing this, as it’s getting very near the end:

non-canon-list.jpgImage Enlarger

Yes, it will go in a spoiler, and I would recommend people copy it across to a document when it is posted later this week. 400+ recordings with details on each one.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Martha, Ahhh Girl, Expert Textpert, sir walter raleigh, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

24 April 2017
10.46am
Evangeline
1334 North Beechwood Drive
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1808
8691sp_Permalink sp_Print

I guess I should go listen to all non-canon stuff. Sheesh, that’s gonna take forever. Guess Dylan will have to wait a few days. a-hard-days-night-paul-3

In my life I bunked a fence and on the other side was an in-the-ground ant nest. Let’s just say I got the hell outta there.

The following people thank Evangeline for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars

I am you as you are you as you are you and you are all together. 

24 April 2017
11.31am
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5011
8692sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
Bag sitting in the hall. Heading into town (London) and booking into a hotel to spend a couple of days with AG, OB and AM. Meeting up with them for dinner this evening. Nerves are very much in place.

Plan to spend the time at my hotel (we’re staying different places) working my way toward completing this, as it’s getting very near the end:

non-canon-list.jpgImage Enlarger

Yes, it will go in a spoiler, and I would recommend people copy it across to a document when it is posted later this week. 400+ recordings with details on each one.  

Tell everyone I said hi.

The following people thank Expert Textpert for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Ron Nasty

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

24 April 2017
1.40pm
sir walter raleigh
Apple rooftop
Members
8693sp_Permalink sp_Print

My internet and service provider AT&T has apparently gone totally offline. The company is based in Atlanta where I live, so hopefully I’ll be one of the first to get back on. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog

24 April 2017
4.28pm
Pablo Ramon
Some Time in NYC
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 687
8694sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve spent so much time on the road lately, my head is spinning.

I was in Dallas at the end of March for a week for work, then a week at home, then flew out to Detroit for a few days for business again. Then when I got back my son was on Spring break. I had some PTO scheduled so we (me, Mrs. Ramon and Pablo Jr.) decided to take an impromptu road trip. We literally decided the night before to drive to Nashville and Memphis. Started driving on Thursday morning, stopped to see an enormous model train exhibit called Roadside America before pushing all the way to West Virginia, driving through some incredible mountain scenery on the way. We stayed overnight in WV, got some swimming time in at the hotel, checked out a local record store, had some biscuits and headed south, stopping at the Kentucky Folk Art center on the way.

We made it to Nashville super late, the city is beautiful at night. We awoke the following day, swam, and then went to the Johnny Cash museum and did the Grand Ole Opry backstage tour before sitting down to one of the best meals I’ve had in a long time at Loveless Cafe. Catfish, barbecue, fried chicken and homemade pie. The next day was Easter, so after dinner we drove 3 hours to Memphis and did our best to sleep late. 

Easter morning we drove to Al Green’s tabernacle  – yes, the famous soul singer gave up his secular music to preach the gospel has a small community church where the music is unbelievable and and the people are friendly. We stopped for donuts at Krispy Kreme and the clerk just handed us a dozen donuts for free. Stuff like this kept happening to us – random acts of kindness and good will – and we began to really feel like our trip was filled with miracles. The church service literally brought me to tears, not from religiosity but because I found the sense of community in the church overpowering. One of the best moments of my life, for someone who is on the atheist/agnostic end of the spectrum, that’s pretty special. After that, we did the Graceland tour and paid our respects to the King, before heading to Sun Records on Union Avenue for the last tour of the day. We missed ALOT of Memphis and will most definitely have to return. @Ahhh Girl next time we will have to get in touch ahead of time and try to catch up with you, there was just no time on this whirlwind…

Back to Nashville that night, let Mrs. Ramon sleep while Jr. and I swam. Then breakfast at the Pancake Pantry before heading north. We managed to get to the last tour of the day at Mammoth Cave National Park. I believe that if you’re near a National Park you should make the effort to visit, and this one was well worth it. Fun, interesting and…well now I can say I’ve been in a cave…

We drove on to Cincinnati after a quick stop in Louisville to see the gigantic Louisville Slugger. Checked in at midnight and slept until 8. Then we swam – everywhere we could, we squeezed in a swim – before checking out the Underground Railroad Freedom Center’s Nelson Mandela exhibit which was devastating. We headed across town to the Maneki Neko museum – Maneki Neko are Chinese / Japanese “lucky cats” and had fun catching up with a friend. 

With 10 hours of driving left we picked a midpoint and split it into two days, stopping at a small town in Pennsylvania where we got some swimming in before heading home on Wednesday. 

We are still exhausted but exhilarated by the fun, the beauty, the incredible people but above everything else the great family togetherness we experienced along the way. 

The following people thank Pablo Ramon for this post:

Evangeline, The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars, Ahhh Girl, Martha
25 April 2017
2.28am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
8695sp_Permalink sp_Print

Do let me know when you plan to be in Memphis, @Pablo Ramon. I’ll take some time off and drive to mom’s. Or if the wind blows you through OKC, I will pop up there to see you. If you’re in Dallas, @Expert Textpert and I will go to dinner with you.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Expert Textpert, Pablo Ramon
25 April 2017
10.41pm
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
8696sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m teaching a seminary lesson tomorrow on Hebrews 5-6 to a bunch of freshmen.

The following people thank William Shears Campbell for this post:

Pablo Ramon

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

26 April 2017
12.19am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
8697sp_Permalink sp_Print

Pablo Ramon said
We headed across town to the Maneki Neko museum – Maneki Neko are Chinese / Japanese “lucky cats” and had fun catching up with a friend. 

My ears are ringing. 

The following people thank Necko for this post:

AppleScruffJunior, Pablo Ramon

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

26 April 2017
12.41am
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
8698sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
Do let me know when you plan to be in Memphis, @Pablo Ramon. I’ll take some time off and drive to mom’s. Or if the wind blows you through OKC, I will pop up there to see you. If you’re in Dallas, @Expert Textpert and I will go to dinner with you.  

It’s always interesting when 2 people from The Beatles Bible meet up in real life, having no idea of what they’re going to see, not something I would ever do, mainly because I am a very private man and often refuse to give people even just my first name. But then again, it’s even weirder that Ahhh Girl flew to England to hang with Ron Nasty awhile back (probably was fun for the 2 of them but cost a lot of money) or when trcanberra married Hong Kong Lady, whom he met on the internet.

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

26 April 2017
1.59pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
8699sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve been bored and frustrated for about 4 hours. Not only did I fail to hang an unofficial Beatles calendar I’ve had since the end of Christmas on the back of my door, but I’ve also forgotten the password to one of my homework sites (and I’m probably supposed to be doing homework as I speak!) a-hard-days-night-ringo-14 Thankfully, this forum has cheered me up in the midst of it all. apple01heart

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

Martha, WeepingAtlasCedars

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

26 April 2017
3.47pm
sir walter raleigh
Apple rooftop
Members
8700sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tomorrow is my last day of highschool. 

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2857
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690