Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
4 December 2016
5.21pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
7721sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hollywood migrated. Probably to get away from D.C.

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

HongKongLady

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

4 December 2016
7.54pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
7722sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

HongKongLady said
I’m dreaming of a white Christmas but is summer here in Canberra, the heat is same in Philippines, but Canberra such a nice nature place soo many green trees and colorful flowers nice mountains and I have love to take a photos of the nature and this is my first printed photographyIMG_20161130_173611.jpgImage Enlarger

If you want snow go to Hawaii.  

Now’s not the time. It’s raining all week. Maybe Argentina?

The following people thank Little Piggy Dragonguy for this post:

trcanberra, HongKongLady

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

5 December 2016
1.13am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
7723sp_Permalink sp_Print

HongKongLady said

Hawaii sounds good but I love Hollywood! Hollywood movies haha! Peace and Love mmm  

My older sister used 2 live near Hollywood.

The carpal tunnel syndrome is back. Ow!

The following people thank Necko for this post:

HongKongLady

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

5 December 2016
8.12am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
7724sp_Permalink sp_Print

Little Piggy Dragonguy said

Now’s not the time. It’s raining all week. Maybe Argentina?  

Argentina? 

MaxImage Enlarger

Hope you feel better soon @Necko. 

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

5 December 2016
11.43am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
7725sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, I’ve had an exciting two hours of it!… 

I was sitting in my room minding my business, peppering one of my friends with Pink Floyd factoids, when I heard an enormous CRASH! and quantities of shattering glass from the living room. Little Girl started yelling; I jumped up and found the Christmas tree lying supine on the floor, surrounded by a puddle of water, assorted fallen needles, and splinters of what were formerly ornaments. 

I then had to hold the tree upright for about thirty minutes as the remaining ornaments were removed, the broken glass swept up, the water mopped. But then we had to dry up the water underneath the tree-stand, so after extensive debate we ended up toppling it over on its side again (slowly and without breaking things). Whereupon my mother discovered that there were only about three inches of tree-trunk clear of branches, whilst the tree-stand was about seven inches deep; not to mention that the bottom itself wasn’t straight, and caused the whole tree to lean badly. We suspected that unevenness was what made it unstable, so we had to trim the branches up (which we apparently neglected to do before the whole fiasco of decorating and whatnot) and straighten the bottom out. The whole ordeal from start to finish took about an hour and a half. 

Lesson learned: Get the trunk sorted out properly before you erect it in your living-room! paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif 

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

sigh butterfly

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

5 December 2016
12.02pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5011
7726sp_Permalink sp_Print

My tree is about six inches tall and I just take it out of a box every year and set it out.

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

5 December 2016
12.14pm
HMBeatlesfan
Kalamazoo, Seussville, USA
Candlestick Park
Guests
Forum Posts: 1115
7727sp_Permalink sp_Print

We might get a small tree, but we don’t have anything big, which we shouldn’t, as the people who live in my house are 49, 48, and 53, so if we buy each other presents, we’re not putting it under a stupid tree.

Maybe you should try posting more.

5 December 2016
3.46pm
Pablo Ramon
Some Time in NYC
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 687
7728sp_Permalink sp_Print

Twenty years ago we drove out to Pennsylvania to a tree farm and cut down our first tree, tied it to the roof of the car and sang Christmas songs all the way back to NYC. The next morning we all – me, Mrs. Ramon, and our oldest daughter – awoke suffering from massive allergies. Puffy eyes, stuffy noses, sore throats. I reluctantly tossed the tree to the curb and we drove out to Sears where we found a realistic-looking fake tree on clearance – half off of half off if I remember correctly. I was still in school and we were always broke, so $50 for this fake tree was a big deal for us, but we did it. With lights and decorations, it looked very nice…it didn’t give us allergy attacks, it didn’t dry out, and it never had to be tied to a wall with fishing line to stay upright…

And tonight it is sitting in our living room, decorated with lights but not yet the ornaments, which will wait until the girls come home from college in a couple weeks…Best $50 I ever spent…that tree is practically a member of our family, and every year we are asked what farm or tree lot it came from…

The following people thank Pablo Ramon for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Little Piggy Dragonguy, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars
5 December 2016
3.52pm
HMBeatlesfan
Candlestick Park
Guests
7729sp_Permalink sp_Print

Pablo Ramon said
Twenty years ago we drove out to Pennsylvania to a tree farm and cut down our first tree, tied it to the roof of the car and sang Christmas songs all the way back to NYC. The next morning we all – me, Mrs. Ramon, and our oldest daughter – awoke suffering from massive allergies. Puffy eyes, stuffy noses, sore throats. I reluctantly tossed the tree to the curb and we drove out to Sears where we found a realistic-looking fake tree on clearance – half off of half off if I remember correctly. I was still in school and we were always broke, so $50 for this fake tree was a big deal for us, but we did it. With lights and decorations, it looked very nice…it didn’t give us allergy attacks, it didn’t dry out, and it never had to be tied to a wall with fishing line to stay upright…

And tonight it is sitting in our living room, decorated with lights but not yet the ornaments, which will wait until the girls come home from college in a couple weeks…Best $50 I ever spent…that tree is practically a member of our family, and every year we are asked what farm or tree lot it came from…  

Never knew you were a teen dad, although considering the majority of your posts are in The Baker’s Dozen, I don’t really know as much about you as I do with other users.

6 December 2016
11.39am
Evangeline
1334 North Beechwood Drive
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1808
7730sp_Permalink sp_Print

OH MY GOSH, IT SNOWED HERE. (Not very much, but there’s more coming.)

The following people thank Evangeline for this post:

Little Piggy Dragonguy, Beatlebug

I am you as you are you as you are you and you are all together. 

6 December 2016
1.22pm
Pablo Ramon
Some Time in NYC
Hollywood Bowl
Members
7731sp_Permalink sp_Print

HMBeatlesfan said

Never knew you were a teen dad, although considering the majority of your posts are in The Baker’s Dozen, I don’t really know as much about you as I do with other users.  

Oh, by “school” I meant “grad school!” I was in my 20’s at the time!

6 December 2016
3.04pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
7732sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Pablo Ramon, if you don’t mind telling us, what is your grad degree in? I have two of those degrees, library science and behavioral science.

6 December 2016
3.15pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
7733sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
@Pablo Ramon, if you don’t mind telling us, what is your grad degree in? I have two of those degrees, library science and behavioral science.  

Not that anyone asked but I have an HNC in Web Design (or whatever the correct name is, some convoluted nonsense where words are thrown in for no reason) and an HNC in Social Care. I also undertook HNC Business Admin but found it to be a total bore so ended up attending solely for the student loan payments (got me 8 days hoiday in Liverpool during course term) and therefore failing to get the qualification. No idea why I took the HNC course when I hated the class in 6th year and never attended.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Ahhh Girl

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

6 December 2016
4.14pm
Pablo Ramon
Some Time in NYC
Hollywood Bowl
Members
7734sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Law

6 December 2016
4.21pm
HMBeatlesfan
Candlestick Park
Guests
7735sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
To which meanmistermustard then said

Not that anyone asked but I have an HNC in Web Design (or whatever the correct name is, some convoluted nonsense where words are thrown in for no reason) and an HNC in Social Care. I also undertook HNC Business Admin but found it to be a total bore so ended up attending solely for the student loan payments (got me 8 days hoiday in Liverpool during course term) and therefore failing to get the qualification. No idea why I took the HNC course when I hated the class in 6th year and never attended.  

I can’t believe how many of you went to college. For me, I’ve never even been to high school, as I stayed back twice and dropped out shortly after my 16th birthday while I was still in 8th grade.

6 December 2016
4.35pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
7736sp_Permalink sp_Print

First engagement anniversary today – heading into the city for a celebratory lunch 🙂

heart

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

Beatlebug, HongKongLady

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

6 December 2016
4.47pm
HMBeatlesfan
Candlestick Park
Guests
7737sp_Permalink sp_Print

I would’ve done that 6 hours ago, as it’s almost 5 now.

6 December 2016
5.12pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
7738sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Cool I have a FETAC/HNC in Business Admin, which I did for fun (said the nerd). At the minute I’m doing an Honours’ Bachelor Degree Commerce and German with an evening diploma in French (which I am in my final year of) with the hope of being somehow able to do a double-degree next year (unheard of in Ireland).

I’m in the middle of exams at the minute. I have German, Accounting, Maths and French done and have Business Information Systems, Microeconomics and Management left-eww.

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

6 December 2016
5.43pm
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
7739sp_Permalink sp_Print

While we are on the topic of schooling, I’m currently at the end of my 2nd to last semester in highschool.

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

6 December 2016
7.02pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
7740sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said
First engagement anniversary today – heading into the city for a celebratory lunch 🙂

heart  

20161207_115911.jpgImage Enlarger

Table number 9 🙂

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

Ahhh Girl, HMBeatlesfan, Necko, sigh butterfly, William Shears Campbell, AppleScruffJunior, HongKongLady

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690