Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
30 November 2016
4.07pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I hope you’re safe, @sir walter raleigh. 

I have a curriculum day at school today, so I’m very happy. 

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

trcanberra

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

30 November 2016
5.00pm
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
7702sp_Permalink sp_Print

I realized my dad’s computer is super slow.  It’s a lot slower than mine despite the two systems being bought at the same time and running the same system.  My computer is a laptop while his is a desktop, which surprises me that his isn’t running faster.  After my mom using his computer and complaining I decided to look at it and found he has kept it in terrible condition.  I’m currently updating everything on it and installing some of the things that I use on my computer, such as my virus and malware protectors and a couple other things.  Hopefully after this deep clean of his computer it ends up running faster.

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

30 November 2016
6.56pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5777
7703sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah a real tornado, but the only bad thing that happened to me was I spent a half hour up against a wall. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

trcanberra

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

30 November 2016
7.16pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
7704sp_Permalink sp_Print

sir walter raleigh said
Yeah a real tornado, but the only bad thing that happened to me was I spent a half hour up against a wall.   

Glad you are safe!

30 November 2016
7.25pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944

“Strange days indeed! Strange days indeed!”

Trying to find my way and whilst going somewhere its slow, hard going and dejecting at times yet far better than not. Best analogy that comes to mind is currently piecing together a gigantic jigsaw without the final image and pieces all over the place.  

And how do you say something to someone you wont be seeing for a long time which could be taken in four thousand wrong ways without being explained so text is out – nothing romantic before anyone gets any ideas. That’s one of the issues.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

trcanberra

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

2 December 2016
11.22pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699

sir walter raleigh said

Thank goodness for that. I’m very happy to hear that you’re safe, @sir walter raleigh. 

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

3 December 2016
9.58am
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
7707sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good to know you are OK, @owenladner

This week has been a bit trying. We took the whole week off from work and made no plans except to chill and recharge. It started out innocently enough on Monday – we went out to buy a new artificial Christmas tree. When we got it home, I was going to set it up while Zag went to the stables to take care of Indy. When she arrived at the barn, she discovered he was very ill. She called me in tears, fearing colic as he was displaying the symptoms – very sluggish and not eating or drinking. Colic can be fatal for horses. Our Vet (best in the world!!) made an emergency barn call and discovered it was not colic after all, but rather a nasty reaction to a tick bite. Besides all of the other symptoms, his legs were also very swollen and sore. After the Vet treated Indy with fever reducers, electrolytes and such, Indy ate and drank a little and the prognosis was positive. On Tuesday and Wednesday, we had to go treat him twice daily by giving him his meds orally and taking his temperature…not orally. Yep – ol’ Zig had the joy of trying (and succeeding) at sticking a thermometer in Indy’s butt. The horse and I still disagree over who was least comfortable. As of yesterday, he was back to his normal self and was put out to pasture all day to run and play with his buddies. Huge relief.

Not Only… But Also – For those who remember, I was driving up to New York to see my folks last April when a truck’s wheel came loose and careened into my car. I was fine, the car was fixed and I have moved on. Until I got a notice in the mail this week from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Department of Transportation (PennDOT). Apparently, the truck’s driver received a traffic citation for something that was discovered while the New York State Police were completing the accident report. Equally as apparent, he did not pay the fine. I say that, because due to a clerical error, the notice I received from the Commonwealth stated that my driver license will be suspended on 9 December unless I pay the fine plus past due penalties. I called PennDOT to try and get this straightened out. They said that they were notified by the court in New York that I did not pay the fine. Keep in mind friends, I was not cited for anything. The PennDOT rep I spoke to said they would get the phone number of the court for me so that I could get them to fix the error. They would call me back within two business days with that info. After three days of not hearing from them, I called back wondering why I had not yet received a call. The same rep I spoke to before, said they could not find the number so they did not call me. After chewing her out over the phone for her piss poor customer service, she at least was able to tell me the name of the court in New York. Good to know who your accusers are, right? So now, I looked up the court online and eventually spoke to someone who had slightly less intelligence than the PennDOT moron. When I asked her how we were going to fix this, she kept telling me there was nothing she could do because she was not the one who issued the citation to me. I kept trying to remind her that I never received a citation because I was not in the wrong. Her tiny brain was impenetrable and I was able to get nowhere with her. My last call was to the NYSP headquarters from which the accident report originated. I was able to explain my predicament to a very nice and understanding police officer. He agreed that a few things did not add up – direction of travel, type of vehicle, etc… He said it should be easy to clear it up once the officer who completed the report returns to work…on Monday.

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Beatlebug, trcanberra

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

3 December 2016
1.17pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
7708sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bummer, @Zig. Sounds like you need a week off to recover from your week off.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, HongKongLady, WeepingAtlasCedars, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug, BeatleSnut, William Shears Campbell, trcanberra, Zig
3 December 2016
3.03pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
7709sp_Permalink sp_Print

Gave you something to do on your holidays Zig otherwise you’d be bored with all that relaxing and enjoying yourself. 

Beatlebug, trcanberra, Zig

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

3 December 2016
3.45pm
HongKongLady
Oz
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1640

I had a wonderful Birthday thanks to my hubby @trcanberra he made my day happy and feeling I’m very especial wife that never felt before from my ex husband 

The following people thank HongKongLady for this post:

Starr Shine?, Necko, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, AppleScruffJunior, trcanberra, Zig
3 December 2016
5.21pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
7711sp_Permalink sp_Print

HongKongLady said
I had a wonderful Birthday thanks to my hubby @trcanberra he made my day happy and feeling I’m very especial wife that never felt before from my ex husband   

Awwwww, I am so glad you and trc found one another. heart

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug, HongKongLady, trcanberra
4 December 2016
12.19am
William Shears Campbell
Rishikesh
Members
7712sp_Permalink sp_Print

@HongKongLady said

Oh no, did the forum birthdays glitch?  It still says yours is upcoming.

The following people thank William Shears Campbell for this post:

trcanberra

4 December 2016
1.39am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
7713sp_Permalink sp_Print

William Shears Campbell said

Oh no, did the forum birthdays glitch?  It still says yours is upcoming.  

It’s always been kind of weird and inaccurate. My birthday is April 3 and I always clear that up in the birthday thread around April 1.

The following people thank Necko for this post:

William Shears Campbell, trcanberra, WeepingAtlasCedars

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

4 December 2016
6.50am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
7714sp_Permalink sp_Print

Could also be a time zone thing.

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

HongKongLady, trcanberra

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

4 December 2016
9.45am
William Shears Campbell
Rishikesh
Members
7715sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Starr Shine? said
Could also be a time zone thing.  

So that would mean that her Birthday is on the 5th.

4 December 2016
1.44pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
7716sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s snowing here for the first time this winter.

The following people thank Necko for this post:

trcanberra

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

4 December 2016
4.09pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064

William Shears Campbell said

So that would mean that her Birthday is on the 5th.  

It’s on the 3rd, maybe someone’s profile needs checking.

[Edit] HKL assures me she has the correct date set; must just be the sort of glitch @Necko mentioned.

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

William Shears Campbell, HongKongLady

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

4 December 2016
4.12pm
HongKongLady
Oz
Candlestick Park
Members
7718sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m dreaming of a white Christmas but is summer here in Canberra, the heat is same in Philippines, but Canberra such a nice nature place soo many green trees and colorful flowers nice mountains and I have love to take a photos of the nature and this is my first printed photographyIMG_20161130_173611.jpgImage Enlarger

trcanberra, William Shears Campbell, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars
4 December 2016
4.37pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

HongKongLady said
I’m dreaming of a white Christmas but is summer here in Canberra, the heat is same in Philippines, but Canberra such a nice nature place soo many green trees and colorful flowers nice mountains and I have love to take a photos of the nature and this is my first printed photographyIMG_20161130_173611.jpgImage Enlarger

If you want snow go to Hawaii.

trcanberra, HongKongLady, William Shears Campbell

4 December 2016
4.58pm
HongKongLady
Oz
Candlestick Park
Members
7720sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

HongKongLady said

If you want snow go to Hawaii.  

Hawaii sounds good but I love Hollywood! Hollywood movies haha! Peace and Love mmm

Necko, trcanberra
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690