Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
20 August 2016
10.33am
piggylane
y'know
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 137
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I’m starting the school year for real on monday.We have had team building and locker assignments so far. I’m in 9th grade, the last year of mandatory school in Sweden though most kids continue at least to grade 12. My schedule is pretty nice this year, I’m mostly looking forward to art class. We’re doing “individual projects” which basically means that we can do our own project and choose the medium. I wonder how much out of the box you can make it, most people are probably going to paint or draw. What do you think my art teacher would say if I did something like this:

Anyways, I hope I get some good grades so I get in to a good school next year!

The following people thank piggylane for this post:

Zig, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

The sun is up, the sky is blue, it’s beautiful, and so are you... probably... I actually don't know... and it's nighttime here //piggiesinpennylane

20 August 2016
1.34pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
6962sp_Permalink sp_Print

I hope your art teacher is adventuresome, Piggylane. Keep us posted on the developments.

It is pleasant outside for a change. I’ve already been on two walks with my dog today. I’m chilling on the front porch having fun looking up stuff for my upcoming UK adventure with @Ron Nasty.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Zig, Beatlebug, piggylane, HongKongLady, WeepingAtlasCedars
20 August 2016
1.51pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
6963sp_Permalink sp_Print

piggylane said

…I’m mostly looking forward to art class. We’re doing “individual projects” which basically means that we can do our own project and choose the medium. I wonder how much out of the box you can make it, most people are probably going to paint or draw. What do you think my art teacher would say if I did something like this:

@piggylane The Beatles legacy is in good hands. apple01

The following people thank Zig for this post:

piggylane

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

20 August 2016
1.51pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
6964sp_Permalink sp_Print

Silly Girl descried
ahdn_paul_06 paul-mccartney !!!

Someone @tt me when it’s the next page. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14   

I see that it is now the next page, and no one has @tted me, so I’ll @tt myself. a-hard-days-night-john-6 @Beatlebug 

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

20 August 2016
2.21pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
6965sp_Permalink sp_Print

Starr Shine? said
NeckoScruffJunior said

Send help!  

When I first looked at the thread, I thought you were Necko for some reason.

You could talk to airport workers and ask them to try to contact the lady for you.  

I dunno why I’d be at the Frankfurt Airport, as I have never been to Europe. Maybe I was sleepwalking. 

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

20 August 2016
2.43pm
piggylane
y'know
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 137

Ahhh Girl said
I hope your art teacher is adventuresome, Piggylane. Keep us posted on the developments.

I hope so too! I’ll be sure to update youpaul-mccartney-thumb_gif

Zig said  

@piggylane The Beatles legacy is in good hands. apple01  

Sure is!

The sun is up, the sky is blue, it’s beautiful, and so are you... probably... I actually don't know... and it's nighttime here //piggiesinpennylane

20 August 2016
5.54pm
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
6967sp_Permalink sp_Print

I designed the clarinet sweatshirts for this year.

Image Enlarger

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

20 August 2016
6.07pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
6968sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve been having some pretty bad luck lately. I recently realized that I’m flat broke. Unemployed and broke is not a good combination. Shortly after that, I realized that my watch is about to break and I can’t afford a new one. Add to that that my wrist is still a little messed up. 

Also, I think I might have bronchitis. 

I know it’s a total gambler’s fallacy, but I’m sure I’ll get some good news soon.

https://youtu.be/x5u8aARWAv4

21 August 2016
9.37am
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
6969sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m back! Returned on Friday.

It was great. Norway is a beautiful country and we were very lucky with the weather (I did get sunburnt though!). It was a bit of a shame that it’s so expensive over there, but I still have a lot of money left. I brought some chocolate and Norwegian cheese back home with me, which is goat cheese and looks like slices of peanut butter, pretty odd, but very nice. Seen a lot of things, nature, musea, went shopping..oh and we saw the famous Edvard Munch painting ”The Scream”, which was fascinating. A big crowd of people was standing around it, taking selfies and all. God , I do hate people.

Norway obviously has a lot of hills and mountains, so it felt weird to return to such a flat country.

We had all send out some songs and made a joint playlist my friend would play on her iPod with speakers at times. I didn’t really know what to expect from the others, but I chose not too much music I thought they would consider as weird or that they would dislike. I didn’t put in stuff like Strawberry Fields Forever , in fact, the only Beatles song I submitted was Here Comes The Sun . One of my friends picked a lot of 60s and 70s stuff though, to my surprise! She picked a lot of Beatles, Stones, Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd, Neil Young, etc. So that was really good. Their tastes in music surprised me. I have been friends with these girls for about a decade now, and for 2 of them I didn’t really know what kind of music they would like.

The following people thank Linde for this post:

Eleanor Macca, trcanberra, Beatlebug, Necko, WeepingAtlasCedars
21 August 2016
10.37am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6970sp_Permalink sp_Print

Glad to hear you had fun, Linde. heart I wonder if any enterprising artists in Norway make Beatles carvings from Norwegian Wood . I imagine there are a few of us around who would buy one. ahdn_paul_02

WeepingAtlasCedars
21 August 2016
1.04pm
Eleanor Macca
Following the sun ....
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 251
6971sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey guys, I’m back 🙂 

Many things happened since my B-day ( 3 weeks ago) . I’ve been offered a job as Customer Service Advisor in a outsourcing company situated in my home country( Bulgaria) I haven’t planned coming back there since I was doing really well in Denmark ( for the last almost 6 years now) But the job was exciting and they really made me an offer I couldn’t refuse a-hard-days-night-paul-10 So I took the spontaneous decision to come back and work on the project for one year. I quit my job, pakked a bag, arranged all so I could come back in Copenhagen later, took the plane, and started the training. It’s a nice atmosphere and sweet co-workers. I hope I took the right decision, but It’s pretty nice I can spend more time with my family and friends and do all the things I never had time to do when I was in Sofia just for a holiday… My nephew is year and a half and I missed him so much when away, now I can be around him heart 

P.S. I have to find the time to read everything I’ve missed here, and I miss you all, but I had to deal with all kinds of stuff recently…paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif 

'Put music to our troubles and we'll dance them away..." 

21 August 2016
1.30pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
6972sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Necko I really hope things turn around for you soon. You seem like a good guy and deserve way better than what life is dumping on you.

@Linde sounds like you had a great trip. Good to see you back.

@Eleanor Macca good luck with the new job.

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Eleanor Macca

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

21 August 2016
1.42pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6973sp_Permalink sp_Print

Best of luck to you in your new position, @Eleanor Macca. Hope some of your new coworkers are Beatles fans…or maybe you can influence them paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

Eleanor Macca
21 August 2016
1.50pm
Eleanor Macca
Following the sun ....
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 251

Thanks @Ahhh Girl and @Zig heart I’m already working on it a-hard-days-night-george-10

Sorry to hear that @Necko a-hard-days-night-paul-7 But I Want To Tell You , life has a strange habit to turn upside down from one day to another ( in a positive way too) I had a job but my working hours were not enough and I was on my way on be broke as well..  So I know the feeling paul-mccartney

Wish you best of luck from now on ! apple01apple01apple01 

The following people thank Eleanor Macca for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Zig

'Put music to our troubles and we'll dance them away..." 

21 August 2016
3.55pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
6975sp_Permalink sp_Print

Necko said
I’ve been having some pretty bad luck lately. I recently realized that I’m flat broke. Unemployed and broke is not a good combination. Shortly after that, I realized that my watch is about to break and I can’t afford a new one. Add to that that my wrist is still a little messed up. 

Also, I think I might have bronchitis. 

I know it’s a total gambler’s fallacy, but I’m sure I’ll get some good news soon.

https://youtu.be/x5u8aARWAv4  

Great to stay positive – I’m sure things will be on the up soon.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

21 August 2016
9.16pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
6976sp_Permalink sp_Print

I hope your surety turns into reality, @Necko. Fingers crossed. a-hard-days-night-paul-7 

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

trcanberra

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

22 August 2016
2.18am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
6977sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said
@Necko I really hope things turn around for you soon. You seem like a good guy and deserve way better than what life is dumping on you.

To be fair, the possible bronchitis is probably my fault to an extent, as I am a twenty-four year old who has been smoking since I was fifteen. So I don’t think it’s wise to feel too sorry for myself in that respect. Ironically, it only started after I significantly cut down due to not having money. 

I usually try to put some disclaimer for the younger readers when I make a post that alludes to me smoking. I’m not doing that just to cover my butt or not get in trouble. All I can say is this: Don’t start. Once you’re hooked, you’re hooked. And once you start, it can be very hard to stop. And so it happens that one day you realize that you’ve been wasting the last ten years of your life and thousands of dollars on this stupid, expensive thing that your body needlessly can’t function correctly without. I don’t so much regret the fact that I currently smoke as much as I regret the fact that I even started. If I could give the average teenager any piece of advice, it would be that. 

The following people thank Necko for this post:

trcanberra, Zig, WeepingAtlasCedars

22 August 2016
2.21am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
6978sp_Permalink sp_Print

I wanted to double post to keep my thanks away from the previous gloomy message. 

Thanks everyone for the sympathy. 

The following people thank Necko for this post:

Zig

22 August 2016
5.08pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
6979sp_Permalink sp_Print

Getting somewhat tired of the cold here – mostly the below zero (C) nights. We had thought spring was on the horizon, but back to minus 2/3 this coming weekend.

I think @HongKongLady is starting to become part eskimo 😉

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

HongKongLady

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

22 August 2016
5.11pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
6980sp_Permalink sp_Print

Which part, @trcanberra? 

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

HongKongLady, Zig

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694