Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
24 April 2016
6.06pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6201sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a train booked for tomorrow and just realised that I lost the bank card I used to book the tickets on. Could cause large issues with the train company.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

24 April 2016
6.31pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
6202sp_Permalink sp_Print

There was an episode of M*A*S*H in which Hawkeye asked a local villager to identify himself. The villager responded, “This is me!”.

Try that. What do you have to lose?

The following people thank Zig for this post:

meanmistermustard, Necko

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

24 April 2016
7.02pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
6203sp_Permalink sp_Print

Today has been a very busy day in the Weeping Atlas Cedar Forest. Me and some family went to a mall, but first we checked out a gardening store nearby. I saw a bunch of winged pig ornaments that reminded me of Pink Floyd (a Floyd-y Moment? Could there be a potential thread opportunity there? a-hard-days-night-george-10) and not really much else.

Next we went to the mall, where we had burgers. I tried a veggie burger just for a change (’twas delicious). And, as we were eating, All My Love by Led Zeppelin came on the speakers there! a-hard-days-night-george-9

We finished up and walked around some more. And in the end, (*the love you take is equal to the love you make*) I walked out with a Yellow Submarine lava lamp. a-hard-days-night-john-1

Oh, happy days!

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

Beatlebug, pepperland

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

24 April 2016
7.10pm
Gagamee
The Kaiserkeller
Members
Forum Posts: 49
6204sp_Permalink sp_Print

Spent all weekend supposedly on bed and voice rest, have a bad chest infection at the moment.  Feel like I am not rested at all, well at least it gives me more time to browse the forum 

26 April 2016
11.02am
pepperland
vanished in the haze (England)
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 749
6205sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hope you feel better soon @Gagamee.

I’m seeing ELO play tonight in London– if I recall correctly mmm detests them, but don’t spoil my fun!a-hard-days-night-paul-11a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank pepperland for this post:

Beatlebug

Times I find it hard to say / With useless words getting in my waySuprised about this one.Sad about this one

26 April 2016
11.23am
Evangeline
1334 North Beechwood Drive
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1808
6206sp_Permalink sp_Print

pepperland said
Hope you feel better soon @Gagamee.

I’m seeing ELO play tonight in London– if I recall correctly mmm detests them, but don’t spoil my fun!a-hard-days-night-paul-11a-hard-days-night-george-10

that is so cool! Have a great time. 

The following people thank Evangeline for this post:

pepperland, Beatlebug, Gagamee

I am you as you are you as you are you and you are all together. 

26 April 2016
11.30am
Harrison7
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 238
6207sp_Permalink sp_Print

Gagamee said
Spent all weekend supposedly on bed and voice rest, have a bad chest infection at the moment.  Feel like I am not rested at all, well at least it gives me more time to browse the forum 

Get well soonheart

The following people thank Harrison7 for this post:

Gagamee
26 April 2016
11.49am
The Hippie Chick
Counting the holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1387
6208sp_Permalink sp_Print

After quite a while working at home for my dad’s company which he’s phasing out and retiring I am job hunting. Just applied to Target for the second time in a few months. Last time I limited my availability and didn’t get a position. Not sure if that was why, but I’ve left my availability wide open this time. 

Crossed fingers, please! xxx

The following people thank The Hippie Chick for this post:

meanmistermustard

“She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.”  - J.D. Salinger

26 April 2016
12.01pm
Harrison7
Members
6209sp_Permalink sp_Print

thehippiechick good luck

The Hippie Chick
26 April 2016
12.20pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
6210sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sending hopeful vibes on behalf of myself and everyone else (particularly those farther away, whose vibes are more likely to get lost in transit a-hard-days-night-george-10)! apple01apple01

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

The Hippie Chick

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

26 April 2016
1.45pm
Harrison7
Members
6211sp_Permalink sp_Print

About to come out to a couple of friends. Wish me luck!

Beatlebug
26 April 2016
2.03pm
The Hippie Chick
Counting the holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1387
6212sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good luck and much love, @Harrison7 !

“She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.”  - J.D. Salinger

26 April 2016
2.04pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6213sp_Permalink sp_Print

Been from home to Holyhead in Wales and back again within 36 hours as today is one year since my father died from cancer. 

Trains have been in chaos most of the journey with yesterday involving a bus replacement and being told to go on one train that suddenly changed and went in a different direction to announced.  The upside is that I will get a good portion of my fares back and was only delayed by just over a couple of hours in total.

Oh to be back in Scotland. stuart-sutcliffemal-evans

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

The Hippie Chick, Beatlebug, Zig, pepperland

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

26 April 2016
2.11pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
6214sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wishing you the best of luck, @Harrison7. I applaud your courage and hope all goes peacenluvfully. apple01 heart

Have a smashing time, @pepperland! a-hard-days-night-george-9

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

pepperland

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

26 April 2016
2.23pm
Harrison7
Members
6215sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just decided to do it all in a oner. I am fully, 100% out of the closet now (except to familya-hard-days-night-paul-7)

Beatlebug, Gagamee, The Hippie Chick
26 April 2016
4.58pm
Gagamee
The Kaiserkeller
Members
Forum Posts: 49
6216sp_Permalink sp_Print

gembo555 said
About to come out to a couple of friends. Wish me luck!

You should not need luck you should not feel awkward around your friends with this.  Hope everything goes well.  Much love xxx

26 April 2016
5.15pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6217sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Been from home to Holyhead in Wales and back again within 36 hours as today is one year since my father died from cancer. 

Trains have been in chaos most of the journey with yesterday involving a bus replacement and being told to go on one train that suddenly changed and went in a different direction to announced.  The upside is that I will get a good portion of my fares back and was only delayed by just over a couple of hours in total.

Good to see you made it there and back. Hope the visit was comforting. apple01

meanmistermustard

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

27 April 2016
12.43pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Zig said

meanmistermustard said

Good to see you made it there and back. Hope the visit was comforting. apple01

Ridiculous that i can go all the way from Glasgow to Holyhead and be charged a rip-off fee for wifi (which i i didnt pay) on the train yet from Glasgow to home its totally free and works without any problems. Scotland totally rocks in so many ways. a-hard-days-night-john-1

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Beatlebug, Zig

27 April 2016
2.58pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043

I’m going to Stevens Point, Wisconsin this weekend with my dad. One of his friends lives there. I figured that I didn’t have anything better to do, so I agreed to go along. So I may not be that active here from Friday morning to Sunday night. 

Stupid things that Necko did that you should never do #3:

A couple nights ago, I went outside for a smoke.*  My dad has an empty plastic flower pot full of potting soil for me to use as an ashtray. I finished my cigarette and put it in the flower pot. A few hours later, I went out to smoke again. I thought something looked odd about the flower pot, but it was very dark outside at this point in the evening. I also smelled a foul burning sound, but was unsure what it was. I think you know where this is going. When it dawned on me, I turned on the porch light. Apparently, that potting soil is flammable as hell. The plastic flower pot had all sorts of holes melted in it’s sides. It took four full glasses of water to put the thing out. Of course, since all sorts of holes were now melted in the pot, there was water and wet potting soil that made a huge mess all over the porch. I’m lucky I didn’t burn the entire wooden porch down.

Stupid things that Necko did that you should never do #4:

Today, after making ramen noodles on the stovetop, I poured the water and the noodles out into a strainer to filter the water out. Dumb old me accidentally poured some water that had been boiling seconds before onto my left wrist. I think I have a first degree burn.

*stupid things that Necko did that you should never do #3.5: smoking. Don’t pick it up, kids. It’s very hard to stop once you’ve started and it’s a super expensive habit to have. 

The following people thank Necko for this post:

Beatlebug, pepperland

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

27 April 2016
3.12pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6220sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yikes! Bad things come in three’s dude. Sorry to hear about the burn, but I hope that’s the worst* of the three.

*If not, can you please will to me your copy of Yesterday And Today, then place it in a fire proof safe?  

Necko, Beatlebug, Little Piggy Dragonguy, WeepingAtlasCedars

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Mr. Moonlight
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691