Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
27 September 2015
5.14pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4381sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dang you were grounded forever

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

27 September 2015
6.37pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182

I forgot to mention, while we were being miserable in the rain, Silly Mum and Silly Dad went off to look for a new campsite and Little Girl (A.K.A. Sis O’Dell) was in the car staying dry, I stomped through puddles and belted out Good Day Sunshine in unholy defiance of the weather. T’was a nice, barmy, gone-troppo feeling. a-hard-days-night-john-1

Go ahead! Doubt my sanity! I know you want to! a-hard-days-night-paul-11

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

27 September 2015
6.46pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064

“But trcanberra, come back to Wales! We need more Beatles fans here ahdn_george_06

Thanks @Joe and @AppleScruffJunior for the great suggestions.

I HAVE considered Wales, and if places are really that cheap in Ireland I could afford to live there for some years without working 🙂

It’s just the roof over my head I am thinking about – places here are too expensive for me after my ex and I split our funds on the sale of the house and pay the bank for the losses on the “investment” place she had.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

27 September 2015
7.18pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22240
4384sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yes, Wales, trc. It is easier for me to get there to visit you 🙂

I have a doctor appointment Tuesday. I’ve been doing the physical therapy exercise for almost 3 weeks, and I’m still in pain.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

trcanberra, HongKongLady, Matt Busby
27 September 2015
8.11pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4385sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

I have a doctor appointment Tuesday. I’ve been doing the physical therapy exercise for almost 3 weeks, and I’m still in pain.

Hope the doctor can pinpoint why it’s not improving. I know from experience how complex back issues can be.

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

Ahhh Girl

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

28 September 2015
1.33am
Oudis
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1491
4386sp_Permalink sp_Print

Get better soon, @Ahhh Girl!

The following people thank Oudis for this post:

Ahhh Girl

Forsan et haec olim meminisse juvabit” (“Perhaps one day it will be a pleasure to look back on even this”; Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 1, line 203, where Aeneas says this to his men after the shipwreck that put them on the shores of Africa)

28 September 2015
7.24am
HongKongLady
Oz
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1640
4387sp_Permalink sp_Print

Many days I’ve been away because very busy with my work, I had two days holiday yesterday and today I went to the beach with my friend it was soo nice to swim makes my muscles loses specially  at my back and legs and on our way back to the Hong Kong island I fall asleep in the bus; I felt sooo relaxing after swimming

The following people thank HongKongLady for this post:

trcanberra, Matt Busby
28 September 2015
7.27am
HongKongLady
Oz
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1640
4388sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Try to do swimming @Ahhh Girl swimming is good exercise though

The following people thank HongKongLady for this post:

trcanberra
28 September 2015
10.38am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
4389sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

I HAVE considered Wales, and if places are really that cheap in Ireland I could afford to live there for some years without working 🙂

Cheapest counties to live in are:

-Donegal, in the north (gorgeous scenery, has it’s own-Irish speaking area, an Institute of Technology (IT/college) and is right next to Northern Ireland, if you want to be border-jumping). Cons are it’s far away from pretty much every city bar Belfast and even that’s 2 hours away.

-Cavan in the midlands, popular tourist area. Good fishing locations. Has it’s own IT as well. It’s reasonably central hour and a half away from Dublin city, little under 2 hours to Belfast.

-Leitrim in the midlands, there’s nothing really to say about Leitrim. The entire county has one traffic-light which is quite interesting. There’s no 3rd level institutes. Equal distances of 2 1/2 hours  to Galway and Dublin

-Roscommon in the midlands/west, tied cheapest with Laois, no 3rd level institutes. The entire county has one cinema which is located in the titular town. Hour an half from Galway city, an hour and an hour 3/4 from Dublin. 

-Laois in the midlands, full of farms. An hour and a quarter to Dublin city. Two hours to Galway.

All of these counties have pretty scenery but the most picturesque is definitely Donegal!

Of course you can get relatively cheap property in neighbouring-counties/suburbs if you’re willing to commute into the city for work. Those a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 are just the cheapest in Ireland.

You can check daft.ie for property prices to rent/buy.

Ahhh Girl said

What you’re never going to Ireland, AG?!?

Image Enlarger

Hope your back decides to cop-on and get better soonheart

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

trcanberra

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

28 September 2015
10.50am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22240
4390sp_Permalink sp_Print

Give me the Ireland sales pitch, ASJ.

28 September 2015
11.28am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
4391sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
Give me the Ireland sales pitch, ASJ.

OK!

A Presentation on Tourism in Ireland:

Ireland is a stunningly-beautiful and culturally and historically-rich country. If you love food, sport, alcohol (consumed responsibly of course, the Irish aren’t big drinkers a-hard-days-night-paul-9), castles, beautiful views, cliffs and basically any natural formation that doesn’t involve ice or snow, Ireland is your place!

-Ireland uses the euro like many other European countries e.g. France, Germany, Spain, Portugal i.e. it’s perfect for stopping off on your way home or on your way to mainland Europe.

-Galway city was voted the world’s most friendliest city in the world by US magazine Travel + Leisure, Dublin came 3rd and Cork 4th.

And most importantly, John, Cynthia, George and Pattie came here on their holidays back in 1964, John loved Ireland so much he bought an island here, Paul got married here and regularly visits and George came here for a couple of months in 2000.

Here they are at Dromoland Castle in Co. Clare

Image Enlarger

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Beatlebug, trcanberra, Ahhh Girl

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

28 September 2015
5.04pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4392sp_Permalink sp_Print

HongKongLady said
Many days I’ve been away because very busy with my work, I had two days holiday yesterday and today I went to the beach with my friend it was soo nice to swim makes my muscles loses specially  at my back and legs and on our way back to the Hong Kong island I fall asleep in the bus; I felt sooo relaxing after swimming

HKL had a nice picnic lunch and swim at Repulse Bay which is a pretty decent beach on the south side of Hong Kong Island.

The Skype signal was a little dodgy in the water though 🙂

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

HongKongLady

28 September 2015
5.34pm
natureaker
Blue Jay Way
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1477
4393sp_Permalink sp_Print

ahdn_paul_06Have fun going wherever you people are going. I’ll be in Massachusetts for awhile.

Also, I haven’t died from school. Also, doing quite well in the majority of my classes. I got a 98% on my first French quiz. Not too bad for a beginner, eh?a-hard-days-night-john-1

That’s it, really. Just the same old schedule: wake up at 5:30, have breakfast, procrastinate on getting dressed, get dressed, go to school for 6 hours, go home, do homework, and then I get my free time. Luckily, homework hasn’t consumed too much of my time, yet, at least…

The following people thank natureaker for this post:

trcanberra
28 September 2015
5.43pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
4394sp_Permalink sp_Print

@natureaker I hear tell it gets worse in high school. One young lady of my (distant) acquaintance left school because, between school and homework, she hadn’t a moment to call her thoughts her own. 

Another young lady of my (much closer) acquaintance, who had been home-schooled since childhood like myself, decided to try school last year, but left after a week or two for that same reason. 

*basks in the luxury of Being Home-schooled* 

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

28 September 2015
5.47pm
natureaker
Blue Jay Way
Candlestick Park
Members
4395sp_Permalink sp_Print

I can tell it definitely does get worse in high school. I have an older brother who’s in 10th grade and he’s already almost failing a few of his classes

The following people thank natureaker for this post:

Beatlebug
28 September 2015
5.49pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
4396sp_Permalink sp_Print

I followed the only sensible option available, i did no homework – unless i felt some guilt pang (very very rarely) or knew trouble loomed at which i did it in a mad panic before class began. There was no way I was coming home from school and spending what free time existed on more school work.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Beatlebug, Starr Shine?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

28 September 2015
5.51pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
4397sp_Permalink sp_Print

natureaker said
I can tell it definitely does get worse in high school. 

It gets better. As you go on, you get more choices with classes.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

28 September 2015
5.59pm
natureaker
Blue Jay Way
Candlestick Park
Members
4398sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said

natureaker said
I can tell it definitely does get worse in high school. 

It gets better. As you go on, you get more choices with classes.

Well, I guess it would be much better than the options we have at my middle school. 4 art classes (2 for 7th graders, 2 or 3 for 8th graders), drama, vocal lessons, and a s*it load of technology classes (computer programming, tech, ect.) The only other thing we can chose is our language class: Spanish, Latin, or French.

28 September 2015
6.11pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

At the end of 2nd year, or beginning of third, I was forced to do French, which i hated, as the school stopped teaching Latin, which i enjoyed.

Bastards.

I despised French from the off in Secondary school. We never did it in my primary school and because of that I was made out to be thick and a waste of space from the secondary school teacher. Thanks for that. Dumped in the lowest class, never given a chance, and yet expected to pay attention and give my all. Screw that. a-hard-days-night-paul-11 One of my clearest school memories is being shouted at for not being able to talk competently in French early on. Yeah, cause shouting at someone in French to speak in French is going to help them learn. I refused to participate. blue-meanie

Another is a French teacher breaking down in my class one day (the second teacher of three who broke down in one of my classes). We had a great time messing about that day until another teacher stormed in.

Have said before but i am immensely (and I suppose wrongly) proud that my French oral exam in fourth year consisted of walking in, refusing to take part, and immediately walking out.  2 years of my life wasted.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

29 September 2015
5.52pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4400sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linking in to the Ireland selling @AppleScruffJunior.

Ten things we didn’t know about The Beatles and their Irish links until now

Tho by #10 they seem to have run out of decent links as it jumps over to Scotland for pretty much all of it aside from U2 often play ‘Rain ‘ in concert.a-hard-days-night-ringo-6a-hard-days-night-john-7

10. Rain the b-side to Paperback Writer is one often played in whole or in part by U2 on tour. It was recently claimed that the song was written in Edinburgh. The Scottish capital was a place close to Lennon’s heart, he often referred to himself as Jock Lennon, irreverently adopting a Scottish accent. He was also a fan of The Sunday Post‘s cartoon strip The Broons. The harmonica played on Love Me Do is also potentially one he was gifted by an Edinburgh bus driver while visiting his Scottish family as a teenager.

When in doubt or in need turn to us Scots, we’ll get you thru. a-hard-days-night-john-1

In fact screw that. #5, 7 and 8 also have nothing to do with Ireland so its ‘Six things we didn’t know about The Beatles and their Irish links until now plus another 4 that have nothing to do with Ireland but we shoved them in so that we could get 10 in total’.

Catchy. a-hard-days-night-john-5

I thought journalism over here was bad.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Beatlebug

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5520
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22240, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694