Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
I read the news today (oh boy) - Current world events
25 May 2022
3.10pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Nothing will change for the better after the latest mass murders by a gunperson(s) as the same comments and stonewalling will be thrown around by Ted Cruz and others; it’s getting far worse and unfortunately those who can bring positive change have no interest or desire to do so. Arming teachers or more guns for everyone is an insane argument devoid of any logic.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Richard

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

27 May 2022
6.45am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
3682sp_Permalink sp_Print

It is one of the great ironies about the Republicans, that they push to see abortion severely limited or completely banned to protect the unborn child, with it looking like Roe vs. Wade is about to be overturned, against the wishes of the majority of Americans, while refusing to bring in sensible gun laws, protecting those children after they have been born, again against what the majority of Americans want.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

sir walter raleigh, The Hole Got Fixed, Von Bontee

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

27 May 2022
6.46am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3683sp_Permalink sp_Print

How you feeling about the election result, @The Hole Got Fixed? What you wanted?

The Hole Got Fixed

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

29 May 2022
6.22am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2146

Holey can speak for himself, but as an Australian it was clear to me Morrison had to go. Let’s see how Albanese is in the job. I think he’s off to a pretty good start so far.

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Ron Nasty

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

30 May 2022
7.12am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
3685sp_Permalink sp_Print

Timothy said
Holey can speak for himself,

Hah the irony it’s taken me this long to see this… Gotta love end of semester madness! Apologies.

but as an Australian it was clear to me Morrison had to go. Let’s see how Albanese is in the job. I think he’s off to a pretty good start so far.

This pretty much sums my view up, @Ron Nasty . I’m glad I’m not on Morrison’s side of politics, because it was so clear he was one of the worst leaders of any political party of any country for a while. At least most leaders have a vision, a concept, a conviction about their ways – Morrison, it seemed, was only intent on dithering around for another 3 years. It must have been frustrating to vote for his party whilst he was leader for those on the right.

Personally, I was happy to vote for the first time, and I think the wave of independents/Greens winning seats is a good thing for Australia – sure, I share views with most of them, but it also reminds Australia we don’t have to settle for a lacklustre option just because it’s a major party. They serve us, and should be listening to our requests – something that hasn’t been happening for a long while.

A very timely reset for a country that badly needed one.

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Timothy, Ron Nasty

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

4 June 2022
9.11pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22238

Paul recorded a sweet message for Her Majesty on the occasion of her Platinum Jubilee. 

Screenshot_20220604-210640_Chrome.jpgImage Enlarger

Screenshot_20220604-205755_Chrome.jpgImage Enlarger

Then later…

All the yellow halos on the Royals during the song Shotgun 

Screenshot_20220604-213521_Chrome.jpgImage Enlarger

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Rube
6 June 2022
5.59am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3687sp_Permalink sp_Print

So, Boris is to face a vote of no confidence from his Parliamentary party this evening, with at least 15% (54) of Conservative MPs having put in letters to the 1922 Committee calling for a vote. Needing the backing of 180 MPs, he is expected to win, but just how wounded he is by this vote will be the question. In previous votes of no confidence, even when the leader survives the vote, they are most often gone in months.

Theresa May faced a vote of no confidence, she won with the backing of two thirds of MPs, a decisive victory, and within six months she was gone.

Is this the beginning of the end for Johnson?

6 June 2022
9.46am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3688sp_Permalink sp_Print

Boris will survive tonight’s vote but more details of all the lies he’s told will continue to come out. The question becomes how many rules, pieces of legislation, guidelines and laws can he and his corrupt mates continue to alter, manipulate, ignore, process and remove for their own benefit. 
The thought seems to be the senior Tory MP’s will resolve to keep him in power until nearer the next General Election then boot him out claiming they are determined to move on from his era of sleaze and social destruction. 

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Rube

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

6 June 2022
3.52pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3689sp_Permalink sp_Print

Boris won; 211 to 148. 

Apparently this is a brilliant result, shows how much the Tories love him and it’s all down to the media.

5 July 2022
7.32pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3690sp_Permalink sp_Print

Two major UK Government resignations over the almost weekly by now Conservative crisis; Boris and the rest of his lying incompetent mates so far committed to hanging on with zero dignity, honour or credibility.

If Boris would simply tell the truth at the beginning most of these scandals wouldn’t be dragged out for so long yet he cannot help himself by trying to lie his way out of everything.

5 July 2022
8.12pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3691sp_Permalink sp_Print

This is it for Johnson. Weeks at most, probably days. Chancellor (finance minister), health secretary, co-chair of the Party, ambassador to Morocco. You can bet there will be more. The 1922 Committee can change the rules for a vote of no confidence in minutes if they believe the majority of Tory MPs have turned against him. There will be other cabinet ministers deciding if they go down with him.

One set of lies too many.

Richard

5 July 2022
9.58pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Boris isn’t going anywhere by choice and MP’s like Truss, Patel and Rees-Mogg will not change their support. I also don’t think the 1922 should be changing the rules just because they do not like the result of the last vote*; the Tories backed Boris despite knowing everything he had done already, that there was inevitably more to come (this is Boris after all) and they would have to wait another year to vote again, so it’s tough for them. It’s horrendous for the country too.

Maybe if Labour had some kind of point to their existence…

*I’m aware of the relevance to Scottish Independence 2.

5 July 2022
10.06pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3693sp_Permalink sp_Print

But the 1922 has always had the right to change the rules. Plus it elects a new executive committee next week, and the 1922 is elected by backbenchers only, which could see a big anti-Boris shift in that election, with their first action being a vote of confidence.

I just want the man gone.

5 July 2022
10.20pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3694sp_Permalink sp_Print

Having the right doesn’t mean it is right. 

I think almost the whole country want him gone. I dont remember a period of politics where an endless stream of scandals continue to flow freely, would image the last similar period was Major and all the sleeve.

6 July 2022
8.57am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3695sp_Permalink sp_Print

The day starts with two more Tory MPs resigning Government roles, Will Quince and Laura Trott. Will Quince (now former Children’s Minister) was the poor sap sent out on Monday morning to defend Downing Street’s line that Boris knew nothing about the accusations swirling around Chris Pincher long before Boris appointed him as deputy Chief Whip.

We’re now up to around a dozen resignations in around 14 hours. Boris has to get through Prime Ministers Questions and an appearance before a Parliamentary committee made up of the chairs of all the major Parliamentary committees, many of whom are known to be hostile to him.

I see no problem with the 1922 changing the rules on a Confidence vote, especially if they wait until next week when they elect a new Executive. The rules are set by the Executive, and if a new Executive has a mandate to do it, I see nothing wrong.

6 July 2022
10.36am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

PMQs wont be a problem since Sir Keir Starmer is the opposition. About as scary as coming home to a very happy puppy who knows it’s going for a long walk then getting a big bone to chew on. He then has to face Ian Blackford (SNP) who shouts the exact same thing every week so everyone has stopped listening to him. It’s hardly terrifying.

Thankfully the Tories are equal in corruption and ineptitude to such an extent they seemingly don’t thing it’s that big a deal and so are slowly destroying themselves.

6 July 2022
2.49pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

We’re now up to 24 Tory MPs resigning their Government roles in the last 22 hours, including 5 who resigned together in a joint letter. Multiple backbench MPs, including many Boris supporters, are putting letters into the 1922 stating they have lost confidence. It is rumoured that Cabinet Minister Michael Gove is leading a delegation of MPs telling Boris to go, so we may be seeing more Cabinet resignations.

It is doubtful that Johnson could find enough backbenchers willing to join the Government to fill the roles that have been resigned.

The Parliamentary Conservative Party is in meltdown. The 1922 Committee are meeting now. It seems a matter of hours before Boris is gone, or a vote is put in place to remove him.

6 July 2022
3.46pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3698sp_Permalink sp_Print

And we’re now up to 31 Tory MPs resigning their Government roles!!

6 July 2022
4.37pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

The resignation count is up to 323, and BBC journalist Ione Wells says…

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

(Simon Hart is Secretary of State for Wales.)

6 July 2022
5.57pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

1922 Committee vote not to change their rules. 

Boris saying that even a no confidence vote by his party wouldn’t be enough to get him gone. 

It’s like a weird reality all of this; Boris sitting in a meeting insisting he will not go whilst outside resignations continue. The chancellor who was only appointed less than 24 hours ago is in a group of ministers telling Johnson he has to go. 

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: KyleKartan
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22238, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694