Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
I read the news today (oh boy) - Current world events
10 March 2020
2.16pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3001sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s not about everybody dying, it’s about preventing coronavirus, which so far is not an embedded human disease, we are not a natural host, becoming embedded like influenza – which we have seen strains wipe out millions.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

10 March 2020
2.22pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

Dark Overlord said
As much as i hate to say it, i agree with Trump on the coronavirus. While the virus is bad, there’s no reason to act like we’re all going to die if the entire country doesn’t shut down.

With a country the size of the US, there could be a lot of fatalities. This thing spreads like wildfire. Over here with our population of just under 5 million, we’re looking at 1.9m potential infection rate with up to 85,000 deaths – that’s a bloody lot! Our regular winter influenza, you get about 40 deaths.

While no one has died (and hopefully won’t die) in Ireland from coronavirus, our planned funeral procedure is the second they die, zip them up in a bag, bring them to the undertaker, dump them in a coffin and then dump them in a hole- wham, bam, thank you corona!

No funeral, no wake, which is a big part of our culture.

Hearing that is terrifying, my mam who worked in hospitals for years said the last time she can remember that happening was when people were dying from AIDS in the ’80’s.

While for most healthy, young people it could be a mild to manky flu. For our vulnerable in society, it’s really serious. I would not be taking such a lax attitude with it as Trump is doing in public (although apparently behind close doors, he’s petrified). The fact the US is doing such a crap job at screening people is appalling. 

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, The Hole Got Fixed, Sky999

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

10 March 2020
2.47pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

Dark Overlord said
As much as i hate to say it, i agree with Trump on the coronavirus. While the virus is bad, there’s no reason to act like we’re all going to die if the entire country doesn’t shut down.

It’s about doing the decent thing for the country and taking the lead in treating it seriously, not once again coming across as an immature kid sticking his fingers in his pockets and sulking when told to stop licking the dirt off and go and wash them for dinner. Ignoring expert medical advice and spouting contradictory information which doesn’t correspond is not how you lead a country when a virus is sweeping across the globe.

From the very beginning of it going anywhere near the US, he’s been acting like it’s nothing when it’s not. No one is expecting him to go doolally and spread panic as that is obviously not the right thing to do but the instructions coming from Trump and the rest of his government don’t even match-up at times never mind with the boffins.

I’m wondering when someone from the SNP will speak of covid19 and Independence in the same sentence and if the bookies will take the bet.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Dingle Lad

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

10 March 2020
3.49pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
3004sp_Permalink sp_Print

What exactly is there to agree about with Trump on the coronavirus? That we are considering many “elements of medical?” That we think the death rate should be calculated by a “hunch?” That it’s like the flu, which multiple medical experts have asserted it is not? I mean, I agree that panicking is probably not good, but some of us definitely COULD die or at least get very sick. As much as the millennials would enjoy it (JOKE) I don’t want the boomers to be wiped out. I think the coronavirus is a serious problem and it needs to be treated as such.

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

10 March 2020
4.22pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181

North Carolina’s governer has declared a state of emergency a-hard-days-night-paul-7 I low-key wish I lived in a flyover state right now. ahdn_paul_01

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

10 March 2020
4.48pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
3006sp_Permalink sp_Print

^welcome

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

10 March 2020
4.52pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213

No cases in my home state of Mississippi. Hope it stays that way.

Montana and Alaska are looking good right about now.

pGFw94sL74zp5QmbgACjQQ-320-80.jpgImage Enlarger

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug
10 March 2020
4.54pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
3008sp_Permalink sp_Print

^Thanks for reminding me that, whatever problems North Carolina may be having, at least I don’t live in California ahdn_john_08_gif

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

50yearslate

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

10 March 2020
5.01pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
3009sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yep! And we just had a big cruise ship full of infected people join our not-so-happy state! We’re all going to dieeeeeee!

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

Sky999

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

10 March 2020
5.11pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
3010sp_Permalink sp_Print

Seems like the right time to book a cruise though from one of the big ones that’s unlikely to go under. Let’s hope it’ll have all blown over by September? 

Or we can all go to the Winchester and wait it out. First round on me.

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

10 March 2020
5.38pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

The UK’s Health Minister has tested positive for coronavirus paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif. First UK Cabinet Minister I think.

I take it she’s been in meetings and stuff with the others over the last few days so do they all self-isolate out of caution? Will Boris be giving updates from inside a bubble inside a cupboard inside his house with his fiancee slipping slices of pizza under the door?

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

10 March 2020
5.50pm
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
3012sp_Permalink sp_Print

There are ten total cases of coronavirus in Pennsylvania right now, eight of them being in Philidelphia. There are no reported cases in Pittsburgh so far or anywhere around western PA. Let’s hope it stays that way… 

50yearslate said
Yep! And we just had a big cruise ship full of infected people join our not-so-happy state! We’re all going to dieeeeeee!

Big oof…My uncle and his family live in Orange County near LA. I hope they and you, Fiddy, stay safe and wash your hands!

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

11 March 2020
7.55pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
3013sp_Permalink sp_Print

All these countries around China that aren’t reporting cases of covid-19 – Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, etc.

map.JPGImage Enlarger

Do you think they don’t have any cases or do you think they just aren’t reporting? If the latter, I wonder how many cases worldwide there really are.

11 March 2020
8.26pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
3014sp_Permalink sp_Print

They’re so poor they probably don’t have the resources to diagnose yet…

No seriously though, they’re fairly isolated from the world so I’d say they don’t have any cases yet.

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

11 March 2020
8.29pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
3015sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mongolia is very sparsely populated so it wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t have a case.

Bangladesh on the other hand, they probably do have cases but just haven’t gotten around to testing for it.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

11 March 2020
8.30pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Trump is closing America’s borders to all travel from mainland Europe for 30 days from Friday at midnight (excepting the UK), claims that figures remain so low in the US because of his strong actions (and has nothing to do with there having been so few tests done in America – up to the end of yesterday only about 1900 people had been tested in the States)…

The UK is expected to move into the “delay” phase tomorrow but nothing much is expected to change; Boris isn’t thought to be planning to close schools, colleges and universities for a time, nor banning mass gatherings (including sports and cultural events)… Maybe that’s why flights from the UK haven’t been banned, Boris and the Donald have the same approach…

…both pissing into a wind tunnel hoping not to get soaked…

…because it’s the economic downturn that scares them stupid, not real people’s lives.

lovelyritametermaid, The Hole Got Fixed

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

11 March 2020
9.23pm
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
3017sp_Permalink sp_Print

A bunch of colleges in PA are closing down, now and a lot of my friends/coworkers in college are now on extended spring break. Colleges going online include the University of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon, Cal U, Duquesne, Penn State, Carlow, Slippery Rock, etc. 

There’s also been talk in my high school of all of us possibly going online. I even have a friend whose parent’s pulled her out of school and are forcing her to go do online school temporarily despite the fact that our school didn’t officially announce anything yet. 

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

11 March 2020
9.38pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3018sp_Permalink sp_Print

That is one thing about the American Federal system that has its advantages, that with things like coronavirus and climate change there’s a lot that can be done at State level without needing to heed the nonsense coming out of the White House.

Tom Hanks and his wife, Rita Wilson, have been diagnosed with COVID-19 ahead of starting a film in Australia, and are in hospital there. Are they Australia’s first cases, @The Hole Got Fixed?

Sky999, lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug

11 March 2020
10.00pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
3019sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
No cases in my home state of Mississippi. Hope it stays that way.

Montana and Alaska are looking good right about now.

pGFw94sL74zp5QmbgACjQQ-320-80.jpgImage Enlarger

FB_IMG_15839817155042.jpgImage Enlarger

https://www.wxxv25.com/2020/03…..ronavirus/

Mississippi just got it’s first case tonight; furthermore, it looks like I’m boxed in Alabama for now. ahdn_george_01

11 March 2020
10.37pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
3020sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ll predict that the last state to get infected will be Alaska

Last of the lower 48 will be Wyoming

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Beatlebug

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691