Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
I read the news today (oh boy) - Current world events
2 March 2020
2.59pm
Dingle Lad
Detroit Rock Citizen
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 610
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2921sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m not quite sure what scares the DNC more, Bernie winning the nomination and not being electable or Bernie winning the nomination and the election. I’m not sure he can win but he has my vote in the Michigan primary.

If he does win the nomination Bloomberg will go rogue and run as an independent. I honestly think a future with Bernie as president will harm him more than Trump’s China escapades. That’s the reason Bloomberg is in the race to begin with.

The following people thank Dingle Lad for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed

What is happening? And tell me how you've been.

2 March 2020
3.03pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
2922sp_Permalink sp_Print

As much as i would love to vote for you two, i’ve got to vote for Bernie to make sure Joe Biden doesn’t get the nominee. As vice president of Barack Obama, Joe’s partially responsible for many of Trump’s actions such as the Muslim ban and ICE detention camps and Obama performed hundreds of drone strikes without congressional approval, some even killing civilians, whereas Trump only performed one.

So as much as i’d love to vote Apple/Holey, you guys aren’t doing well in the polls and i’ve got to make sure we don’t have another mockery of an election like we did in 2016.

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Dingle Lad, The Hole Got Fixed, georgeparisol

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

2 March 2020
3.04pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

Excuse you DO, I can show you a website where Apple/Holey2020 is polling very well and is in fact far in the lead.

While I do not recommend spoiling your ballot, I do think if you really hate everyone that Apple/Holey is a reasonable alternative.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Dark Overlord, Dark Overlord, Dark Overlord, Dark Overlord, lovelyritametermaid, Ahhh Girl, The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, Beatlebug, TangerineTrees, 50yearslate

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

2 March 2020
4.49pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
2924sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh and just remember that if you’re trying to find our policies, don’t bother. We’ll announce them after we get each donation…a-hard-days-night-george-10

#HoleyApple2020

Seriously though, get out and vote if this applies to you – but I’m glad to see most people have intentions of going that alreadyjohn-lennon-salute_gif

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, lovelyritametermaid, AppleScruffJunior

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

2 March 2020
7.20pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059

For president I’ll be voting Bernie tomorrow

As far as locally I might vote HoleyApple 2020. I’ve only been in this state since August (apart from when I was a baby), so I don’t have much of a feel for the candidates as I did in my old state (lived there 27 out 29 years). I think a lot of the local Republicans use scare tactics. The Democratic guy for senator is eh alright. Nothing to write home about.  

The following people thank Sky999 for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, AppleScruffJunior
2 March 2020
7.44pm
TangerineTrees
Behind That Locked Door
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 125
2926sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m underage and don’t agree with either party, but my vote goes to Apple/Holey2020 regardless. john-lennon-salute_gif

I would make a campaign button, but I can’t figure out how to insert screenshots onto the forum. Oh well. a-hard-days-night-paul-11

*insert screenshot of campaign button with Holey/Apple for President 2020 written on it* 

The following people thank TangerineTrees for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, The Hole Got Fixed, AppleScruffJunior, Ahhh Girl

"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by nature." ~ George Harrison

"I'm Nobody! Who are you? Are you -- Nobody -- too?" ~ Emily Dickinson

2 March 2020
8.27pm
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
2927sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ll honest to god make a Holey/Apple2020 button and wear it around IRL. Nobody will get it outside of this forum but maybe after some thorough and effective campaigning I’ll be able to inform them of Holey/Apple’s very dedicated causejohn-lennon-salute_gif

But for real though I’m pissed that I miss being able to vote in the 2020 election by one year. If I could vote, I would probably vote for Bernie, since he’s the candidate who I agree with most of the time…. 

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

Sky999, TangerineTrees, The Hole Got Fixed, AppleScruffJunior, Ahhh Girl

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

2 March 2020
8.42pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
2928sp_Permalink sp_Print

images-3-1.jpegImage Enlarger

Button idea

Maybe the other ones could have Holey/Apple’s 2020 inside the apple.

The Hole Got Fixed, lovelyritametermaid, AppleScruffJunior, Ahhh Girl, TangerineTrees
3 March 2020
3.09am
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
2929sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Apple/Holey group would like to thank all supporters and donators in their generous help so far. We’re very proud to be representing Beatles enthusiasts, fossil fuel fans and depriving children of nutrition. What is not to love?

Now for all of those who can vote, go out and vote today you crazy kids.

The Hole Got Fixed, lovelyritametermaid, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

3 March 2020
6.58am
Dingle Lad
Detroit Rock Citizen
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 610
2930sp_Permalink sp_Print

Today’s the day we find out if the DNC’s efforts to rally their corporate wing under one candidate is successful

The following people thank Dingle Lad for this post:

Beatlebug

What is happening? And tell me how you've been.

3 March 2020
10.19am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182

As an unafilliated voter who’s extremely disenchanted with the left wing at the moment, I’ve honestly been living for the DNC drama (with popcorn) a-hard-days-night-john-6 although way down inside* I devoutly wish we had a functioning left wing again, because the eagle needs two strong wings to fly and all that. a-hard-days-night-paul-10

WAAAAAY
DOOWWWN
inSIIIIIIIIIDE

WUMMUN
YEAOUUUUUUU need
LOoooooOOOOOOOOO0000000000VVVVVEEE!!!!!!!
[frenetic drumming]

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

3 March 2020
11.48am
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
2932sp_Permalink sp_Print

I can’t vote but if I could I’d vote for HoleyApple.* Also, now that both Buttigieg and Klobuchar are out, I have a feeling Biden will jump in the polls. Myeh. Fingers crossed that either Warren or Bernie will win California.

*actually I’d vote for Warren but HoleyApple would be beautiful

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, AppleScruffJunior, Beatlebug, Dingle Lad, The Hole Got Fixed

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

3 March 2020
4.39pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22223
2933sp_Permalink sp_Print

image001.pngImage Enlarger

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug
3 March 2020
4.55pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
2934sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s quite hilarious how much traction #HoleyApple2020 has got… if we actually ran in the caucuses we’d probably get a good showing of votes, purely because of everyone’s lack of interest in the other candidates!

I’m all set for today, I’ve got 2 different sources of live results ready and open for when the first polls close in just over an hour… 

Fiddy – re. Biden, I read a very, very long article last night about why he probably won’t do terribly well today, at least not any better than any of the polls are suggesting – the demographics he does well in aren’t really distributed very well in the 14 states today, whereas Bernie’s support is much more broad. So long story short, as long as there isn’t an across the board swing to Biden, Sanders looks like he’ll probably win today.

AppleScruffJunior, Ahhh Girl, lovelyritametermaid

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

3 March 2020
4.59pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
2935sp_Permalink sp_Print

Warren is a chronic liar. More importantly, she’s doing pretty poorly and should already have left the race. Bernie will almost definitely win California, but whether the DNC will let him win the nomination is another matter.

In other news, I just got back from voting. a-hard-days-night-john-1a-hard-days-night-john-1a-hard-days-night-john-1

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, lovelyritametermaid

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

3 March 2020
5.04pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
2936sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah, the DNC are shitting their pants about Bernie – especially as California has 415 delegates, and he’s polling really well there, so he’s got a good advantage there.

So Bebu, did you vote #HoleyApple2020?a-hard-days-night-john-3a-hard-days-night-john-3a-hard-days-night-john-3a-hard-days-night-john-3a-hard-days-night-george-10

lovelyritametermaid

aus-flag-v-small.png

3 March 2020
5.06pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members

I think we also wouldn’t behave like children which so many candidates do. I know it’s to appeal to the more stupid parts of the population but I’d say we’d attract a lot of the ‘alternative vote’. I don’t know how much alternate voters would pay to fund our campaign but I’d love to get somewhere close to the end of the caucuses and with whatever money we’d have left over just throw a big party for the people who supported us.

Like I don’t have my fiscal policy for the US set out but you know give me 2 days and I’ll give you a nice budget- the areas I care the most about are health, education and the environment (obviously considering the US I have to put defense in there too), so I can imagine a lot of people would absolutely hate me. I wouldn’t give handouts, I just wouldn’t let people go bankrupt because they can’t pay for their medical bills is all, (*looks at Germany and sighs lovingly*). If we could take all the nice bits and cut away the bureaucracy crap, we’d have the US running somewhat smoothly. It’s so absolutely bloody massive that it’ll never be good for everyone but we can try and give people a decent start in life and what they make of it past the age of 18 is their choice. 

I had fun talking to a girl from Mississippi when I was in Germany and she was like “yeah, our high schools are atrocious. I went into college out of state feeling very unprepared and stunned by the standard that was expected of me”, and for someone who wanted to be a German teacher in Mississippi with her standard of German….I pray for the future German students in Mississippi, no offense meant to her.

But yeah, #HoleyApple2020!

Or we can completely forget about health, education, environment and defense and campaign for:

FREE BASEBALL CAPS AND 6 FREE BEERS/8 FREE SODAS ON THE 4TH OF JULY!!!

I think we’d be onto a winner.

Also if running on that policy, I insist I wear a cowboy hate in all debates. Yeehaw!

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid

3 March 2020
5.26pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
2938sp_Permalink sp_Print

I like the free baseball caps and beverages policy. That’s a winner. Also we do we need a budget? Surely we just wing it and hope we come in under budget (which we will because we won’t spend 693 billion dollars on defence like Trump did last year…)

And if you want to wear a cowboy hat – fine. But I get to wear cowboy boots thena-hard-days-night-paul-11

Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid

aus-flag-v-small.png

3 March 2020
5.47pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members

Tried to vote Holey/Apple, but there was no write in section. I guess I could have wrote it in a blank area of the sheet. ahdn_george_01

If Bernie don’t win I’ll go with Holey/Apple 2020! Better candidate than all of the ass clowns up there. I am still pissed about 2016. Not just about Trump, but what Hilary did to Bernie! 

Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, Getbackintheussr
3 March 2020
5.50pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
2940sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
I think we also wouldn’t behave like children which so many candidates do. I know it’s to appeal to the more stupid parts of the population but I’d say we’d attract a lot of the ‘alternative vote’. I don’t know how much alternate voters would pay to fund our campaign but I’d love to get somewhere close to the end of the caucuses and with whatever money we’d have left over just throw a big party for the people who supported us.

Like I don’t have my fiscal policy for the US set out but you know give me 2 days and I’ll give you a nice budget- the areas I care the most about are health, education and the environment (obviously considering the US I have to put defense in there too), so I can imagine a lot of people would absolutely hate me. I wouldn’t give handouts, I just wouldn’t let people go bankrupt because they can’t pay for their medical bills is all, (*looks at Germany and sighs lovingly*). If we could take all the nice bits and cut away the bureaucracy crap, we’d have the US running somewhat smoothly. It’s so absolutely bloody massive that it’ll never be good for everyone but we can try and give people a decent start in life and what they make of it past the age of 18 is their choice. 

I had fun talking to a girl from Mississippi when I was in Germany and she was like “yeah, our high schools are atrocious. I went into college out of state feeling very unprepared and stunned by the standard that was expected of me”, and for someone who wanted to be a German teacher in Mississippi with her standard of German….I pray for the future German students in Mississippi, no offense meant to her.

But yeah, #HoleyApple2020!

Or we can completely forget about health, education, environment and defense and campaign for:

FREE BASEBALL CAPS AND 6 FREE BEERS/8 FREE SODAS ON THE 4TH OF JULY!!!

I think we’d be onto a winner.

Also if running on that policy, I insist I wear a cowboy hate in all debates. Yeehaw!

Alabama schools are worse. Actually the whole south is pretty bad. a-hard-days-night-john-3

lovelyritametermaid
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694