Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
I read the news today (oh boy) - Current world events
19 July 2019
2.41pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2261sp_Permalink sp_Print

Things are escalating with Iran. It has been confirmed that the Revolutionary Guard have seized a British-flagged oil tanker, with unconfirmed reports of a second having been seized.

This is getting dangerous.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

19 July 2019
2.50pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
2262sp_Permalink sp_Print

Was watching it on the news, Gulf War Round 2 anyone?

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

19 July 2019
3.06pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
2263sp_Permalink sp_Print

Let’s not. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

19 July 2019
3.12pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2264sp_Permalink sp_Print

War is as often bungled into as planned.

The seizure of a British-owned, not British-flagged, second oil tanker seems increasingly likely.

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

19 July 2019
3.13pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members

^Good luck kids, just claim you’ve got bone spurs, should get you out of conscription 😉

On a pure not-really educated on military tactics person level, I would hope Iran isn’t stupid enough to take on the US and the UK in war. 

I would imagine (and hope) that it’s just Iran showing their power and that they’ll not harm the crew members on the 3 alleged captured ships. Especially as if there is war my brother will be sent out for peacekeeping, if he has to go anywhere send him to the Lebanon please and thank you. 

Come on Iran….be cool :/

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

CouldntThinkOfABeatlesPun, Beatlebug

19 July 2019
3.22pm
CouldntThinkOfABeatlesPun
Kicking Edgar Allan Poe
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 151
2266sp_Permalink sp_Print

As an able-bodied American teen, I’m gonna have to go live in the woods or something

19 July 2019
3.27pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
2267sp_Permalink sp_Print

If America goes to war, I’m signing up, because I’m an able-bodied American teen. But I don’t want America, or anyone else, to go to war, because war is horrible.

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

CouldntThinkOfABeatlesPun

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

19 July 2019
3.42pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
2268sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ The way the US treats its veterans, I’d be the first one going over the Canadian border. Don’t want to be cannon fodder for a country that barely gives a toss about you once you come back with PTSD and find it difficult to obtain and hold down a job.

If Ireland went to war (haha that’s a funny one ASJ, our air force planes from the 1970s would show ‘em), I wouldn’t mind working in administration, translation, if push came to shove interpretation. I’m not going to risk my life so some politicians who are willing to throw the lives of their young people away, can get some oil or whatever the hell they’re looking for.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl

19 July 2019
3.48pm
Beatlebug

Moderators

^Eh, maybe. I don’t care. MURRICA. a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

Not that it matters, but every time I cross the NC-SC border, I see a sign that says ‘Welcome to North Carolina – Nation’s most military-friendly state’ so I figure I’ll be in good hands if I come back alive. a-hard-days-night-george-10

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

23 July 2019
6.15am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2270sp_Permalink sp_Print

Feck! Feck! Feck! Feck! Feck!

blue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanie

As expected, the United Kingdom is condemned to Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

Still, I can’t think of a Tory leader more deserving of becoming, as seems likely, the latest one to be destroyed by Europe and Brexit.

He has roughly a hundred days to pull off his miracle exit deal, for most of which politics goes on holiday, or else it is the disaster of no deal.

A once mighty nation.

a-hard-days-night-paul-10a-hard-days-night-paul-10a-hard-days-night-paul-10a-hard-days-night-paul-10a-hard-days-night-paul-10

God Save the United Kingdom.

23 July 2019
6.34am
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members

At this moment in time I want to express gratitude to the EU for having a multi-billion aid package in preparation for the Irish economy if there’s a no-deal Brexit. I’m graduating next year with a business degree and I don’t want our economy to collapse because of the morons who voted “leave”, without actually thinking how it would affect other countries.

I met a Brexiteer when I was working last year (in the tourism sector). He said “ho ho maybe you Irish will join us”, I flatly said “no Ireland recognises the great things that the EU has done and did for us, they made us the country we are now and Ireland has the highest approval rating of the EU”**.

85% of the Irish population think the EU is “a good thing”, compared to the EU-wide average of 62%. 

Dumb twats have doomed us all.

**He did not give me a tip for that response. 

23 July 2019
7.07am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
2272sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh lordy lord…

My condolences to the UK and all those affected. Hopefully something can be worked out that isn’t too terrible. I’d offer Australia as a safe place but our government passed a bill today which gives our immigration minister (who is a twat) the outright and unchallengeable power to bar any Australian citizen from re-entering Australia.

New Zealand, anyone?

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

23 July 2019
10.40am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3761
2273sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bleurgh, Boris. He’s like Trump, only he’s actually vaguely competent at what he’s doing (so even worse) blue-meaniepaul-mccartneybilly-preston_01_gif

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

23 July 2019
5.23pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

Boris is PM. The man is an absolute moron who will walk into meetings demanding all kinds of things after promising them as dead certs to the entire UK before getting told to piss off as he’s missed out a key detail or failed to take into account the decimal point in his maths.

The more depressing fact is Labour is an utter unelectable mess and I doubt they’d agree on what language to speak in when addressing the nation to tell them to vote Labour.

It gives the SNP even more determination to push for independence for Scotland. Which is good. Quicker we can fuck it all up ourselves the better.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, QuarryMan

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

23 July 2019
6.37pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
2275sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8I wouldn’t begrudge the Scots their independence at all, either. I’m ashamed to be an Englishman right nowa-hard-days-night-paul-10

24 July 2019
4.25pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2276sp_Permalink sp_Print

A major clear-out of the cabinet. A brutal afternoon of the axe. 17 who were cabinet ministers this morning aren’t tonight, only 5 of which left by their own hand.

I look forward to the Brexit cabinet failing, either to secure a deal or to make no deal not a disaster.

These peoples lies led us into this cul-de-sac. Let them answer for it.

They promise sunny uplands. That seems unlikely.

I look forward to them being whipped with wet spaghetti.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, QuarryMan

24 July 2019
4.54pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
2277sp_Permalink sp_Print

A fantastic video to watch in light of recent events on the US-Mexico border, with the mass ICE deportations beginning shortly I think it is relevant. 

25 July 2019
12.09am
Wigwam
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1913

‘Morons’ and ‘twats’………

It’s clear that everyone in the world is smart….. except for Trump and Boris and the Australian Immigration minister that is.

I suppose I shouldn’t be amazed at the number of billionaires, brain surgeons, nuclear physicists, published Oxford philosophers and world leaders that are resident on this board all of us equipped with the life successes and track-records of competence that enable us to deride, sit in judgement and know better than these moronic, idiotic, twat politicians…

It’s symptomatic after all of all of us who live in the real world.…..Simply put, ‘We know best.’….Whether it’s negotiations with Putin or Brussels?…….China ripping off  the west financially or intellectually? Life and death situations? It’s all a mere bagatelle for ones such as us……And the talking heads from CNN or Fox or the editorials we read and echo chambers we’re plugged into.

Consider at the end of the day….Trump may have been born with a silver spoon in his mouth and made a billion…….But then he lost it so….. he made another.

He’s won and been stiffed a 100 times….He’s an old man that’s lived and learned….and is human. But he’s come out on top. The very top. Look in the mirror and ask yourself honestly…… How do I compare?

Boris also born in New York…..Another silver spooned baby but became president of the Oxford Union…’Moronic? Twatish?

A Conservative Mayor of a Liberal/labour London ….twice……Crime fell…housebuilding rose….Olympics…(We all held our breath but it was a success)……True his cable car and garden bridge were money pits…..Definitely not infallible …..But again I ask “Look in the mirror my friend…..and ask yourself, are you?

Then look round……..Who is the perfect infallible politician? Consider that all political careers ultimately end in failure……The days of Quintius Cincinnatus returning to the plough are long gone.

We can carp and criticise all we want but at least let’s be honest with ourselves.

The following people thank Wigwam for this post:

Beatlebug
25 July 2019
12.28am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
2279sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m not necessarily saying that I’d do a better job than either of those two, what I’m saying is that I thoroughly disagree with most of what comes out of their mouths.

Also Trump acts like someone who is either a teenager or menopausal, but with magnified effects – he has massive mood swings. He’ll say one thing, then 30 minutes later contradict himself.
Also I have no respect for someone who appoints a climate denier as the equivalent of the minister for climate change. None at all. There is too much science to disagree with logically.

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

50yearslate, ScarlettFieldsForever

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

25 July 2019
7.54am
Tangerine
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1276
2280sp_Permalink sp_Print

Let’s not forget that people born that rich can get into Ivy Leagues with C-averages.  It’s not exactly a level playing field. Their success says more about their money and connections than it does about their qualifications or intelligence.

The following people thank Tangerine for this post:

ScarlettFieldsForever, 50yearslate, The Hole Got Fixed, ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: meanmistermustard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5520
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22240, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694