14 November 2017
I've been to quite a few, though none recently (most recent was Guns N Roses last year at the London Stadium,where Axl Rose sang God Save The Queen,among others ).
I also saw Boyzone years ago now in Manchester UK (it was my girlfriend's birthday,I don't like them,honest!). We were surrounded by drunk women old enough to be my grandmother yelling at Ronan Keating to pull his pants down. And yes,that really was the most memorable part of the concert for me. The 'music' was crap,but my girlfriend was happy, that's what mattered
The following people thank Father McKenzie for this post:SgtPeppersBulldog, sir walter raleigh
Still writing the words to the sermon that no one will hear......
26 January 2017
I’m seeing James Taylor for the fourth time in a couple of weeks.
The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars
"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"
-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues
"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"
-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl
25 December 2017
1 May 2018
23 August 2016
18 March 2013
@Bebu Steve Stevens is a legend (although he has a terrible name, I don't care that it's a stage name, it's still terrible.) He played the guitar on one of my top 3 (if not my number 1) MJ track, Dirty Diana.
Speaking of guitarists that Michael worked with, Jennifer Batten- absolutely incredible, she could play the Beat It solo just as well (if not better) than Van Halen. If you have 2 minutes to spare in your day, watch this.
The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars
INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!
Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison
10 April 2016
Sounds like it was awesome, @Beatlebug! Glad you enjoyed it!
I would have never thought that anything Zeppelin-related would happen at a Muse concert, but then again, I thought the same thing when I saw Ringo a few years ago. But lo and behold, Ringo spotted someone in the crowd who looked a little like Jimmy Page/was wearing a Led Zeppelin shirt, made a joke about Jimmy Page being in the audience, and Steve Lukather played the intro to Stairway.
In all honesty, I would have absolutely loved to hear Ringo sing it.
The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:Beatlebug
"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh
2016 & 2017:
15 February 2015
Muse nodding to Zeppelin seems even more unlikely than Ringo, because at least he's one of the fellow classic-rockers; but then again, they're fans of Hendrix and have played 'Back In Black' with Brian Johnson -- not to mention jamming with Dr. Pepper's Jaded Hearts Club Band -- so I think it's safe to say they have a healthy appreciation for the golden oldies.
And hahaha Ringo singing 'Stairway to Heaven'
The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:WeepingAtlasCedars
~ Ram On ~
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
10 November 2010
Here's a more current list for the end of 2019.
Not counting tribute bands and cover bands.
- The Smithereens (multiple times, 2002-2019)
- O.A.R. (I don't remember. Sometime between 2007 and 2010. I don't really know their music. They played a short set at a baseball game I attended.)
- Pat DiNizio (twice, May 24, 2008 and May 29, 2011) - RIP
- The Beach Boys (Summer 2010? and August 4, 2019)
- Cowboy Mouth (twice, August 2010 and July 2011)
- Hotspur (August 2010)
- The Right Now (August 2010)
- Ben Folds (January 31, 2011)
- The Grip Weeds (May 29, 2011)
- Mike Daly and The Planets (May 29, 2011)
- Matisyahu (April 4, 2012)
- Blue Öyster Cult (May 17, 2014)
- Pat Benetar (Summer 2014)
- Oneohtrix Point Never (July 24, 2014)
- Soundgarden (July 24, 2014)
- Nine Inch Nails (July 24, 2014)
- Deerhoof (March 13, 2015)
- of Montreal (twice, March 13 and September 10, 2015)
- Ginger Baker's Jazz Confusion (June 14, 2015) - RIP
- Brian Wilson (July 6, 2015)
- 38 Special (July 14, 2015)
- Surface To Air Missive (September 10, 2015)
- Plain White T's (July 1, 2016)
- Chris Cornell (July 3, 2016) - RIP
- Jeff Beck (July 31, 2016)
- Buddy Guy and the Damn Right Blues Band (July 31, 2016)
- Frank DiMino (March 4, 2017)
- Graham Bonnet Band (March 4, 2017)
- Uli Jon Roth (March 4, 2017)
- Elvis Costello and the Imposters (June 12, 2017)
- Mitch Ryder (July 4, 2017)
- The Guess Who (July 4, 2017)
- Dave Davies (April 19, 2018)
- Hitter (June 1, 2019)
- Meat Puppets (June 1, 2019)
- Ringo Starr & His All-Starr Band (August 4, 2019)
- The Lawrence Arms (August 9, 2019)
- Bad Religion (August 9, 2019)
The following people thank Necko for this post:QuarryMan, WeepingAtlasCedars, vonbontee
I'm Necko. I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.
I'm also ewe2 on weekends.
Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017.
25 December 2017
I've been to a few concerts since the last time I posted but here is who I have seen so far
-The Doobie Brothers
-The Buckinghams/Gary Puckett and The Union Gap/Herman's Hermits (With Peter Noone)
-Neck Deep/Lil Wayne/Blink-182
The following people thank PurplishRain for this post:lovelyritametermaid, vonbontee, QuarryMan, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, sir walter raleigh
"Dinner with Delores Must be some kind of sin
Like a Brontosaurus She was packin' it in" -Prince