25 February 2020
9 more, why not
1. I’m an Aries, even if I don’t know how well that fits my personality (I do have my chart done up, if anyone’s interested)
2. I’m 5’11”, even though my immediate family are all at least half a foot shorter
3. I did well in English and social studies when I was in school, but was teeeerrible at math and sciences
4. I like watching hockey and basketball; my favourite teams are the Oilers and the Raptors (even if neither are having particularly great seasons so far)
5. grew up not liking/being kind of afraid of cats (one bit me for no reason when I was younger, and both my parents strongly dislike them), but they’ve grown on me in the last few years and now I want one; I think I do still ultimately prefer dogs (just more used to em I guess), but I definitely love both now
6. despite playing music since middle school, I was only in band for, iirc, a year and disliked it
7. I like pro wrestling, AEW in particular
8. it’s been a few years since I’ve read a book from start to finish, should really work on that
9. I’ve never had an Amazon account and am trying my best to avoid doing so
The following people thank Vera Chuck and Dave for this post:Beatlebug, ewe2, vonbontee
15 February 2015
aries gang ftw
@Vera Chuck and Dave what day is your birthday? if you would like us to add you to the bbeatlesbiblerbirthdaycalendar https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..c/#p303138
25 February 2020
15 February 2015
Is that so
Taurus is one of my favorite signs. I’m a Leo moon and Libra rising myself
The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:Vera Chuck and Dave
17 June 2021
1. I have an identical twin sister called Billie. I was the first twin to be born by 1 minute.
2. I am 5 foot 1 and a half.
3. I write with my left-hand, but play the guitar right-handed.
4. I am part Welsh. My Dad was born in Newport.
5. My favourite colour is Purple.
6. I have never smoked.
7. I was born in London, but moved to Oxfordshire when I was over a year old.
8. I have the met the British actor Jeremy Irons 5 years ago when I was a warehouse volunteer at a food charity. He was doing a documentary about food waste.
9. My favourite female solo artist is Kirsty MacColl. She was a talented singer-songwriter and a great person.
The following people thank Rube for this post:meanmistermustard, The Hole Got Fixed, sir walter raleigh, Timothy, Beatlebug, Vera Chuck and Dave
Winner of Most Hardcore Beatles Bible Fan 2021
3 November 2019
Have I done this already? I don’t think I have, so here it goes…
1. I share a birthday with both Theodore Roosevelt and John Cleese
2. I am fond of almost all animals, including rats and spiders and others that most people don’t like (there are exceptions though)
3. I write poetry on occasion
4. I love old monster movies almost as much (and some of them equally as much) as I love the Beatles (or anything else for that matter)
5. I was a debater in high school (extemporaneous speaking was my primary area)
6. I used to play the drums, and would very much like to pick them back up someday
7. I am the youngest of three (not including my much younger half-sister)
8. Because my dad’s job while I grew up required him to work with a fair number of celebrities, I was taught not to hassle famous people if I met them and am generally very calm if I do happen to run into one (Paul and Ringo would probably be two of the only exceptions, along with a few others)
9. I partially keep Kosher, though not entirely.
The following people thank Turn Left At Greenland for this post:The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, Rube
"And life flows on within you and without you"
"I guess I just wasn't made for these times"
14 January 2013
1. Like The Beatles I grew up in a shipbuilding area.
2. My dad was a ship fitter, my dad’s mom was a pipefitter, for a short time my mom worked in blue printing for the shipyard, and my mom’s dad was an accountant for the shipyard. He was also in the navy for 20 years.
3. I took four semesters of art (middle school/high school/college) before switching passions.
4. I switched to home care as a way to cope with my brothers death.
5. I have 10 tattoos. 2 of which are Beatles inspired.
6. My brother and I were both Shriner kids. Meaning we went to the Shriners Hospital as children. Shriners are Masons and they have speciality hospitals for children free of charge. I had in-toeing feet as a child. My feet still go slightly inward, but not as bad. My brother had cerebral palsy.
7. I was born 12 days (almost 13) and 5 hours late.
8. If I was born on the east coast (New York) or waited 28 minutes I would have been born December 8, 1989 exactly 9 years after John Lennon died.
9. I have never been drunk in my life and don’t plan to. I’ve made it to 31 and I’m doing good.
The following people thank Sky999 for this post:The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, Rube
27 November 2016
Right it’s been a while I should probably do one of these…
1. Sort of like Sky999’s point 8, if my grandma had waited 30 minutes more she’d have been a February 29 baby
2. Aside from cricket, which is probably my biggest passion, I’m not that sporty
3. I’m generally pretty good with not eating too much junk food, but if you but chocolate in front of me…
4. I (jointly) duxed my primary school when I graduated (elementary school for the Yanks)
5. I’ve never been anywhere other than Australia
6. When my grandpa fled Latvia, he had to change his name to the village he grew up in (and of course, I inherited this name). This does mean there’s only one of me in the world(thank god for that!)
7. Romance? Ha! Might happen one day…
8. My TV and film consumption is shockingly low. Aside from the news, and maybe the occasional re-run of Top Gear, or a live cricket match, I don’t really watch anything
9. I hate winter. It’s far too cold. And an Australian winter is pretty mild compared to much of the world!
The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:Beatlebug, Rube, Neely, sigh butterfly
#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: 2017 awards: 2018 awards: 2019 awards: 2020 awards: 2021 awards:
30 December 2022
1. I was born April 3rd (Aries)
2. I’m the only living musician in the family (before me was Carl Perkins)
3. I’m an only child
4. When I was 8 my great grandparents drove me across the US and we visited 28 states.
5. I’m allergic to cats and flu shots. I’ve been hospitalized for both. With cats— I couldn’t breath, with flu shots— i had a seizure. Pretty sure it’s the liquid they put into me because I can handle any other shot.
6. I’m 4’11” (149 cm) both of my biological parents are 5’2″ (157 cm) so there’s no hope for me getting significantly taller especially since I was born female.
7. I smoked my first cigarette at 11, when I thought I was such a badass. I was f***ing stupid.
8. My first celebrity crush was David Bowie, I had taste at 6 years old.
9. I have really bad vision, my mom thinks I’m lying though so she won’t let me get my eyes checked/get glasses or contacts. she thinks I’m lying because nobody else in my family has bad vision (for the most part)
There’s a little more but the thread says 9
The following people thank Neely for this post:Beatlebug, Rube, sigh butterfly
2 July 2020
Oh geez, people can change indeed.
Here is an updated list. Just the basic facts:
1. I am less cranky than before, quarantine really got to my head
2. I have grown a newfound appreciation for Fixing A Hole , quite possibly my favorite Beatles song. Damn, that solo is so good.
3. My favorite album is still the White Album .
4. I have been on the forum since july 2020, however I’ve used this website as a reference point since 2015.
5. i’ve been listening to a lot of pink floyd lately
6. i have always been abysmal at math
7. I once learned how to play eruption by van halen on guitar
8. The band that introduced me to rock music was Queen
9. my least favorite Beatles song is It’s Only Love
The following people thank Magill for this post:Rube, Timothy, Beatlebug, sigh butterfly
George for life
15 February 2015
Because I enjoy making myself cringe, I’m updating this
Beatlebug said back in 2018
TheWalrusWasBrian and I said
I’m doing an update. Because it’s been a while, right?
1) I’m asexual/aromantic and I spend a lot of time wondering what other people see in other people…
2) …but at the same time I can’t deny that I find certain people terribly exciting to look at — such as David Bowie.
3) I’m also gender-nonconforming, and occasionally people mistake me for a lad, which pleases me.
4) Anything less than 80% dark chocolate is too sweet for my tastes.
5) I live in North Carolina and I adore my state (though I prefer the western part of it)
6) I am a fan of the Georgia Bulldogs (college football [American] team), even though I don’t normally care the slightest about sports of any kind, because in my family that’s just what you do.
7) I’ve been studying Robert Plant’s accent because it’s beautiful (and don’t even get me started on his hair)
8) I’ve been keeping a journal for about seven years now. It’s very useful when people ask when some event (such as a vacation or whatever) was.
#9 #9 #9) David Gilmour is my favourite guitarist of all time, but Jimmy Page is a very close second. (George Harrison is in a whole other class of favouriteness that is not limited to his being a guitarist, although I do admire his guitar playing very much.)
1) Turns out I was just a “late bloomer”.
2) David Bowie is still one of my “exceptions” though
3) this is still true, although now I wouldn’t say it pleases me, just that it is what it is.
4-7) these are all 100% still true
8) I guess it’s… uhhh… 12 years now? Yeesh, time flies.
#9 #9 #9) this is still true, even though I’ve also discovered Lindsey Buckingham and he’s @#$%$ing amazing, no one comes close to David Gilmour for me.
How about nine more since it’s been so long:
1) I work in custom framing, so I basically get to fiddle with paper and look at art all day long, and it’s great, and mat color choices live rent-free in my head.
2) I love Florida (it’s my second-favorite state after North Carolina). It’s just bonkers and amazing and Tom Petty is from there. And
3) I LOVE ALLIGATORS THEY’RE SO FUNNY. I also love seals and just about every kind of bird.
4) If I could inherit the wardrobe of any of my favorite musicians, I would choose Tom Petty, because he has an amazing, timeless, stylish-yet-comfortable sense of style that perfectly straddles the lines between rock, Americana, and hippie aesthetics.
5) I sleep in a loft. It’s my little cozy nest and I love it very much, plus it frees up floor space in my room.
6) My family has blueberry bushes and I spend every year looking forward to June when they fruit. I’m so spoiled I won’t eat store-bought blueberries anymore, they’re just not the same – I’d rather just wait till they’re in season
7) I’m obsessed with history and historical fashion, and have been since I was a kid.
8) I’ve voted in every election since I turned 18.
9) I like to say I’m a walking calendar because I’ve got the birthdays and release anniversaries of my favorite musicians and their albums memorized. I do have external assistance, as I also put them all into my phone calendar and it notifies me on the day, but most of them I know off the top of my head anyway.
The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:sigh butterfly