25 February 2020
9 more, why not
1. I’m an Aries, even if I don’t know how well that fits my personality (I do have my chart done up, if anyone’s interested)
2. I’m 5’11”, even though my immediate family are all at least half a foot shorter
3. I did well in English and social studies when I was in school, but was teeeerrible at math and sciences
4. I like watching hockey and basketball; my favourite teams are the Oilers and the Raptors (even if neither are having particularly great seasons so far)
5. grew up not liking/being kind of afraid of cats (one bit me for no reason when I was younger, and both my parents strongly dislike them), but they’ve grown on me in the last few years and now I want one; I think I do still ultimately prefer dogs (just more used to em I guess), but I definitely love both now
6. despite playing music since middle school, I was only in band for, iirc, a year and disliked it
7. I like pro wrestling, AEW in particular
8. it’s been a few years since I’ve read a book from start to finish, should really work on that
9. I’ve never had an Amazon account and am trying my best to avoid doing so
The following people thank Vera Chuck and Dave for this post:Beatlebug, ewe2, vonbontee
15 February 2015
25 February 2020
15 February 2015
17 June 2021
1. I have an identical twin sister called Billie. I was the first twin to be born by 1 minute.
2. I am 5 foot 1 and a half.
3. I write with my left-hand, but play the guitar right-handed.
4. I am part Welsh. My Dad was born in Newport.
5. My favourite colour is Purple.
6. I have never smoked.
7. I was born in London, but moved to Oxford when I was over a year old.
8. I have the met the British actor Jeremy Irons 5 years ago when I was a warehouse volunteer at an Oxfordshire based food charity. He was doing a documentary about food waste.
9. My favourite female solo artist is Kirsty MacColl. She was a talented singer-songwriter and a great person.
The following people thank Rube for this post:meanmistermustard, The Hole Got Fixed, sir walter raleigh, Timothy, Beatlebug, Vera Chuck and Dave
3 November 2019
Have I done this already? I don’t think I have, so here it goes…
1. I share a birthday with both Theodore Roosevelt and John Cleese
2. I am fond of almost all animals, including rats and spiders and others that most people don’t like (there are exceptions though)
3. I write poetry on occasion
4. I love old monster movies almost as much (and some of them equally as much) as I love the Beatles (or anything else for that matter)
5. I was a debater in high school (extemporaneous speaking was my primary area)
6. I used to play the drums, and would very much like to pick them back up someday
7. I am the youngest of three (not including my much younger half-sister)
8. Because my dad’s job while I grew up required him to work with a fair number of celebrities, I was taught not to hassle famous people if I met them and am generally very calm if I do happen to run into one (Paul and Ringo would probably be two of the only exceptions, along with a few others)
9. I partially keep Kosher, though not entirely.
The following people thank Turn Left At Greenland for this post:The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, Rube
"And life flows on within you and without you"
"I guess I just wasn't made for these times"
14 January 2013
1. Like The Beatles I grew up in a shipbuilding area.
2. My dad was a ship fitter, my dad’s mom was a pipefitter, for a short time my mom worked in blue printing for the shipyard, and my mom’s dad was an accountant for the shipyard. He was also in the navy for 20 years.
3. I took four semesters of art (middle school/high school/college) before switching passions.
4. I switched to home care as a way to cope with my brothers death.
5. I have 10 tattoos. 2 of which are Beatles inspired.
6. My brother and I were both Shriner kids. Meaning we went to the Shriners Hospital as children. Shriners are Masons and they have speciality hospitals for children free of charge. I had in-toeing feet as a child. My feet still go slightly inward, but not as bad. My brother had cerebral palsy.
7. I was born 12 days (almost 13) and 5 hours late.
8. If I was born on the east coast (New York) or waited 28 minutes I would have been born December 8, 1989 exactly 9 years after John Lennon died.
9. I have never been drunk in my life and don’t plan to. I’ve made it to 31 and I’m doing good.
The following people thank Sky999 for this post:The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, Rube
27 November 2016
Right it’s been a while I should probably do one of these…
1. Sort of like Sky999’s point 8, if my grandma had waited 30 minutes more she’d have been a February 29 baby
2. Aside from cricket, which is probably my biggest passion, I’m not that sporty
3. I’m generally pretty good with not eating too much junk food, but if you but chocolate in front of me…
4. I (jointly) duxed my primary school when I graduated (elementary school for the Yanks)
5. I’ve never been anywhere other than Australia
6. When my grandpa fled Latvia, he had to change his name to the village he grew up in (and of course, I inherited this name). This does mean there’s only one of me in the world(thank god for that!)
7. Romance? Ha! Might happen one day…
8. My TV and film consumption is shockingly low. Aside from the news, and maybe the occasional re-run of Top Gear, or a live cricket match, I don’t really watch anything
9. I hate winter. It’s far too cold. And an Australian winter is pretty mild compared to much of the world!
The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:Beatlebug, Rube
#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: 2017 awards: 2018 awards: 2019 awards: 2020 awards: