26 January 2017
My third time posting facts in this thread, but since it's active and I'm bored I might as well.
Also, I love reading everyone's facts. It's so unusual when you've never met someone but also know a bunch of random stuff about them.
1. I love music, and my main goal in life is to hear as much as I possibly can before I die. I listen to about 7-12 new albums every week, which is a really fun habit and introduces me to so much stuff.
2. Politically, I consider myself a democratic/revisionary socialist, having gone from more hard-left beliefs towards the centre ground. I'm a member of the UK Labour party.
3. An album's cover image is a huge factor in whether I will listen to it/buy it. I know it sounds shallow, but I figure that since I see albums as a complete work of art, then the cover is part of that.
4. I'm bisexual, and am in the process of coming out to my close friends. Hopefully I will be able to attend a pride event soon.
5. I don't read nearly as much as I'd like to, but have a love for Jane Austen that started when I read Pride and Prejudice for my GCSE English.
6. If I become a musician, I would like to model myself on Björk or David Bowie in terms of image and versatility, but I don't think I have a bold enough personality.
7. Although I know the stars and planets probably don't affect me, I really enjoy astrology and looking at my daily horoscope.
8. My favourite song at the moment is Teenager by Camera Obscura.
9. My favourite movie is Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:SgtPeppersBulldog, 50yearslate, Getbackintheussr, Von Bontee, Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed
"You shouldn't let poets lie to you"
19 December 2018
Well,since it's late night and I'm tired of doing homework all alone...
1.I am turning 17 this year,*you know what I mean*
2.Up till now I still consider myself heterosexual.Frankly speaking I haven't thought about the possibility of me being attracted to girls...
3.My only crush in real life was in junior middle school.The boy was quite good-looking and had a close friendship with me,but I was never special to him.I remember watching him shyly from a distance—now I think I was being silly.
4.My current interest is basically classic rock music.I am eager to dig into those oldies but goldies,but sometimes I'm so lazy that I just stick to the Beatles.
5.Besides Beatles,some other musicians/bands I like: the Rolling Stones,Bob Dylan,Joni Mitchell(she's my favourite female musician),Patti Smith
6.I can play piano,and I hope I can learn to play guitar soon.
7.I have never had a pet.Though I have much affection for small animals,I'm never good at taking care of other creatures and my parents are too busy to look after a pet.
8.I am quite a bookworm,mainly interested in literature,history and music.
9.My new semester begins tomorrow.Going back to school...Oops
The following people thank ScarlettFieldsForever for this post:50yearslate, Getbackintheussr, SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, QuarryMan
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes...
1 January 2017
This must be my fifth time posting on this thread? But anyways, some more recent facts about me:
1. For any newcomers wondering, I'm currently 16 years old, 17 in August.
2. I'm still very much a "mocker" (but leaning more towards mod).
3. My current hairstyle is modelled on a combination of late '67/'68 Paul and my favourite Monkee Mike Nesmith, in that it's parted to the left and I have sideburns. I've tried growing a beard, but because of puberty, it was taking forever, so I'm leaving that 'til a little later to try again.
4. I ended up passing all but my science and maths GCSEs last year. Thankfully, I don't have to resit science in June, but I do have to resit maths. I don't really mind doing the latter though.
5. I'd quite like to learn how to play steel pedal guitar, as my fascination with that instrument has grown in recent months, but unfortunately there are none in my college.
6. I only recently opened an Instagram account. I can safely say most of my time on there is spent looking at Beatles/Beach Boys memes.
7. I'm slowly trying to branch out of my 60s and 70s rock/pop obsession shell by trying out a few things from new genres. The first three i have lined up are Northern Soul, experimental synthpop and early (80s/90s) hip hop. Any suggestions on particular artists or albums are welcome, just PM me.
Okay, my mind has gone blank, so I can't think of two more. Hope you enjoyed those 7 though, readers!
The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:50yearslate, Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, ScarlettFieldsForever, QuarryMan
"Duit On Mon Dei"