Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Introduce yourself to the forum!
13 June 2014
2.52pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2281sp_Permalink sp_Print

So, @Daynet, looks like you have a few decades of Beatles in your heart, mind, and soul. Excellent. We are glad you’ve found us and chimed in.

13 June 2014
4.55pm
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
2282sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ah, Ahhh Girl, thanks.  I didn’t put two and two together… 

“Lusine” is a cool name.

And Daynet, nice photo there.  I remember the first time I was able to find (on YouTube) and isolate that part of the movie where that scene comes in, I was quite pleased.

The following people thank Funny Paper for this post:

Ahhh Girl

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

13 June 2014
6.52pm
Beatleva
In my life
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 672
2283sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome @Daynet/Eva! Which name do you prefer?

Enjoy this forum! 

There does indeed seem to be a wave of young newcomers, but that’s nice isn’t it?

13 June 2014
7.42pm
Beatleva
In my life
Hollywood Bowl
Members
2284sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh, and glad to see you also like “Eight Days A Week ” @Daynet!

15 June 2014
9.38pm
StrawberryFieldsForever
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 833
2285sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello fellow Beatlemaniacs! Its been just a few months since beatlemania really hit me, I had heard a few songs before but it was when procrastination took hold of me during exams that I really sat down to youtube Beatles songs and interviews etc. Can’t believe I was missing out on so much. And the more interviews I watch of John the more timeless he appears, even though he was long gone before I was even born :'(. I am so happy to have come across this site and hope to add to my Beatle knowledge. Btw I have been quite out of touch with the contemporary songs appearing on the scene since the time I really plunged into the Beatlemania a-hard-days-night-ringo-6. The only new songs I have been downloading happen to be that of Beatles and that of post-Beatles John lately.

15 June 2014
9.40pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2286sp_Permalink sp_Print

StrawberryFieldsForever introduced joyfully
Hello fellow Beatlemaniacs! Its been just a few months since beatlemania really hit me, I had heard a few songs before but it was when procrastination took hold of me during exams that I really sat down to youtube Beatles songs and interviews etc. Can’t believe I was missing out on so much. And the more interviews I watch of John the more timeless he appears, even though he was long gone before I was even born :'(. I am so happy to have come across this site and hope to add to my Beatle knowledge. Btw I have been quite out of touch with the contemporary songs appearing on the scene since the time I really plunged into the Beatlemania a-hard-days-night-ringo-6. The only new songs I have been downloading happen to be that of Beatles and that of post-Beatles John lately.

Welcome here! It is nice to get new thingies

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

15 June 2014
9.51pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5444

Nice introduction SFF, welcome to the forum!

Hello Daynet, welcome as well!

:D heart :D

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

15 June 2014
10.06pm
StrawberryFieldsForever
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 833

thank you! @vonbontee  and @Starr Shine? 

16 June 2014
12.02am
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147

Yes welcome again @StrawberryFieldsForever! You’ll enjoy it here.

And it seems I haven’t welcomed you @Daynet, sorry, thought I did! Hope to see you around.

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

16 June 2014
12.35am
Beatlesneverdie
Casbah Coffee Club
Members
Forum Posts: 25
2290sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi, everyone! I’m 30 years old and I’ve been a total Beatles’ fan for a long time! I was born and live in Portugal (yes, that little country next to Spain) and, when I was 12/13 years old, I thought something like “I want to find another type of music, something very different from what my classmates like”. So I went to a shop where, in those days, the shopkeeper played a CD for us if we asked her/him. For some reason I noticed a Best Of of John Lennon and something told me “Listen to it!”. That’s what I did, I bought the CD and I was totally amazed and thought “That’s what I was looking for!”. So I immediately bought the Anthology CDs, which had just started being sold, and I thought “Wow! I didn’t know there were songs as wonderful, as genial as these! These guys are genius!”. So I didn’t stop until I bought all the Beatles’ albuns. I simply LOVE their music! When I was a teenager, the other teens thougt I was a strange girl because I loved the Beatles’ music (well, not just because of that; also because I loved reading and didn’t like the things they liked, but the Beatles were a very strong reason for what they thought about me). Well, the truth is I didn’t care they thought that, I felt they were the ones who were missing the best band in the world.

What else can I tell you to introduce myself? As I said, I’m 30 and I’m Portuguese. I studied languages and literature (Portuguese literature and English language and literature) at university and now I teach English, mostly to young children, but sometimes also to teenagers. Besides listening to the Beatles, I love reading (my favourite books are classics and Fantasy) and also writing (Fantasy). I also love anime (Miyazaki, of course, but also lots of 80’s anime series). I enjoy 60’s and 70’s music very much but nothing compares to the Beatles, of course. I’ll never forget how I felt when I went to Paul McCartney ‘s concert here in Rock in Rio Portugal 2004. It was… Well, there are no words! I was also lucky because in Expo 98, when I was 14 years old, they had concerts and Ringo Starr came to Portugal. I didn’t leave my parents alone until they said “O.K, we’re going to the concert”. a-hard-days-night-george-10

Well, I guess I’ve already written too much… Nice to meet you all! :D

The following people thank Beatlesneverdie for this post:

vonbontee
16 June 2014
12.41am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24960

Welcome to the site Beatlesneverdie, great to have you here. I also live in a small country next to a big one, at times its like we dont exist to some.

George speaking in the clip below comes to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..8ytnSKouhA

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

16 June 2014
12.43am
Bulldog
The Rhythm Revue
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1512
2292sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome @Beatlesneverdie! Don’t worry about typing too much; there’s no penalty.a-hard-days-night-george-10

Hope you enjoy your time here, and I’ll see you around (not literally of course, but you never know when you may be teleported to a house where we all end up living together.)

If you're lonely (or not!), you can talk to me. .....Hey! Are you a new member on this fine forum and don't know where to go to introduce yourself?
Well, you can do it here! Dig it?

16 June 2014
12.48am
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
2293sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Beatlesneverdie Welcome! You definitely didn’t write too much, great story. I’m sure you’ll love it here, lucky you picked up John!

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

16 June 2014
12.58am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2294sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to the forum @Beatlesneverdie 

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

16 June 2014
11.38am
Beatlesneverdie
Casbah Coffee Club
Members
2295sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you all! :D I’m sure it’ll be nice here!

16 June 2014
5.57pm
Beatleva
In my life
Hollywood Bowl
Members
2296sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome @StrawberryFieldsForever and @Beatlesneverdie!

Enjoy the forum!

And by the way, Portugal is not a small country compared to Holland. :)

16 June 2014
10.13pm
Beatlesneverdie
Casbah Coffee Club
Members
2297sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was a little shy about what I’m going to tell you now, so I didn’t mention it when I introduced myself, but now I thought “They are the ones who will understand me!!!”.

Well, I’ve already told you that I like writing. I’ve already published two fantasy books and one of them is called (translating to English, because it’s written in Portuguese) John Lennon Never Died and other fantasy short stories. It was the way I found to pay a tribute to the Beatles…

The following people thank Beatlesneverdie for this post:

AbbeyRoadRage
16 June 2014
10.33pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5444
2298sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, Beatlesneverdie! :D Nice to have you here, and congratulations on your literary success! You’re one of a few published authors around here.

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

16 June 2014
11.10pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24960
2299sp_Permalink sp_Print

We could have a writers convention.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

17 June 2014
4.08pm
Beatlesneverdie
Casbah Coffee Club
Members
2300sp_Permalink sp_Print

vonbontee said
Welcome, Beatlesneverdie! :D Nice to have you here, and congratulations on your literary success! You’re one of a few published authors around here.

Thank you, vonbontee! :D

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5516
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5692, meanmistermustard: 24960, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5692